It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:30 am 
1000 CLUB

Cuz we live in this PC world where people have to claim they are evolved and woke. Dan's fallen into that. Especially after "Boobs". And now he's got a girl as a partner so he's extra careful and polite.

I miss the "Dumb ass cracker" sound bite. See, I think that should still be allowed in this PC world. I think making fun of white people should never go away. We should always be allowed to crack wise at ourselves. Especially hillbillies from the south.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:32 am 

Beardown wrote:
Cuz we live in this PC world where people have to claim they are evolved and woke. Dan's fallen into that. Especially after "Boobs". And now he's got a girl as a partner so he's extra careful and polite.

I miss the "Dumb ass cracker" sound bite. See, I think that should still be allowed in this PC world. I think making fun of white people should never go away. We should always be allowed to crack wise at ourselves. Especially hillbillies from the south.

Fuck You Pal!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
If any tweet was deserving of the old Homer Simpson "gay" drop, this would be it

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Beardown wrote:
I think making fun of white people should never go away.

heard a commercial during the the 'tournament of good', making fun of mullet hairstyles. when i hear a commercial making fun of afros, that will be the last commercial ever played by the station.

dan fumbled 'watching bugs bunny & road runner on saturday mornings'. no one watched them. we all watched the superfriends. 10 year old kids in the 70s watched abc on saturday mornings, not cbs.

leila still complaining about being targeted by the tsa due to her last name and ethnicity.

tournament of good in iran. #1 seeds:

- death to america
- destruction of israel
- no churches
- harassing christians and sunni muslims

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

- death to america
- destruction of israel
- no churches

:lol: :lol:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
His beautiful ass

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
His infatuation with Ivan Calderon. Especially given:

Wikipedia wrote:
On December 27, 2003, Calderón was shot multiple times in the back at point-blank range while at a bar in Loiza, Puerto Rico. As of February 2017, his murder remained unsolved. At the time of his death, Calderón and his wife had two children; he also had five other children from other relationships.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
Beardown wrote:

heard a commercial during the the 'tournament of good', making fun of mullet hairstyles. when i hear a commercial making fun of afros, that will be the last commercial ever played by the station.

dan fumbled 'watching bugs bunny & road runner on saturday mornings'. no one watched them. we all watched the superfriends. 10 year old kids in the 70s watched abc on saturday mornings, not cbs.

leila still complaining about being targeted by the tsa due to her last name and ethnicity.

- death to america
- destruction of israel
- no churches

Yeah. I caught Leila complaining about being "Brown" and how she's targeted. She literally called herself a "Brown women". I don't think so. She looks pretty white to me. I don't think people at the airport are targeting her. Which is what she suggested in a little bit of a rant.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
I miss when he was only on Saturdays doing a solo show that no one heard.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:36 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Beardown wrote:
Yeah. I caught Leila complaining about being "Brown" and how she's targeted. She literally called herself a "Brown women". I don't think so. She looks pretty white to me. I don't think people at the airport are targeting her. Which is what she suggested in a little bit of a rant.

I got hassled at the airport once when I was bearded and deeply tanned. (They pulled me aside because they suspected I had a bomb bulging out of my laptop case but it was just a Rick Perlstein book.) It's possible, but I wouldn't call either of us "brown people."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
Beardown wrote:

I got hassled at the airport once when I was bearded and deeply tanned. (They pulled me aside because they suspected I had a bomb bulging out of my laptop case but it was just a Rick Perlstein book.) It's possible, but I wouldn't call either of us "brown people."

I'm white as snow. But I think I get targeted at the airport because I'm half Polish. They see my last name and know. I'm fine with it. My kind is stupid, as you all know. Polish people are dumb. So we should be checked out just for that reason.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:36 am 

Beardown wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
Beardown wrote:

- death to america
- destruction of israel
- no churches

maybe she's just unlucky and gets an unprofessional porky's type crew who just want to send her through the body scanner.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:55 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
I miss him being funny.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:56 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Darkside wrote:
I miss him being funny.

You don't miss his youthful ass?

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 10:03 am 
1000 CLUB

Bernstein's kid wants BLM and LGBT patches made for his hockey jersey....Go Woke and Go Broke (Bernstein said this would be expensive too do and kids in Indiana would take cheap shots)

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
I miss him being with a competent host that brings out his negativity and criticisms. WYC and Friday Fungs were highlights of the listening week for me.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
Beardown wrote:

U OK?

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 10:46 am 

never been better. my barber sewed some patches on his aprons and corrected me on my hairstyle. no more mullets, only fades.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Neat!

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 11:02 am 

for as woke as he is, he looks like shit.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Beardown wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
Beardown wrote:

- death to america
- destruction of israel
- no churches

Seriously? She does say some odd shit but that would be incredible to hear

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
The Score hosts today have no comedic ability. Bernstein is one of the most hated Chicago sports media figures of all-time. But the man can be funny. Or, old Bernstein could be funny.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 11:12 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Leila Rahimi's brownness is contingent on knowing that her name is "Leila Rahimi." If her name were "Rebecca Birnbaum," I wouldn't think so.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Nothing. Never liked him from day 1.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:
Leila Rahimi's brownness is contingent on knowing that her name is "Leila Rahimi." If her name were "Rebecca Birnbaum," I wouldn't think so.

Much like Meghan Markle. Not one person would know shes black if it were not her and the media emphasizing it everytime shes mentioned.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 8:02 am 

HawaiiYou wrote:
Nothing. Never liked him from day 1.

Yep. His original signoff with a guttural "THE SCORE" portended the annoying radio personality he would become. I'm happy most of his work has been performed either during middays or deep beneath the shadow of MJH so I have no opportunity to listen.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 8:11 am 

BD wrote:
Bernstein's kid wants BLM and LGBT patches made for his hockey jersey....Go Woke and Go Broke (Bernstein said this would be expensive too do and kids in Indiana would take cheap shots)

This kid literally lives in a gated community, attended specialized enrollment schools his entire life and plays a sport inaccessible to the majority of the world because of its cost but thinks he will be saved from the reckoning by a patch.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 8:36 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
i truly miss the old gang of boers, bernstein, goff, and drinky. the 3 latter on their own, meh, but combined worked.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 8:52 am 

hnd wrote:
i truly miss the old gang of boers, bernstein, goff, and drinky. the 3 latter on their own, meh, but combined worked.

I loved how the show allowed the producers to keep them honest when they first started. It was like a narrator entering a story to explain a point in a story

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Just bad timing for me but I tuned in today to catch the radio, Marquee, and then the Dodgers play-by-play call for the last inning of last night's game. And not just the last pitch but the last several batters for each. WTF? Bernstein taking a page out of Holmes' book of replaying clips/wasting time. I had less than a 10 minute ride and it was spent listening to that shit.