It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Happ
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Bernstein effectively took over the Happ interview today. I think Leila asked 2 questions in the 10 min I listened to, which made for a much better interview. Bernstein solo is still probably a better alternative to weighing him down with a shitty co-host.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

Post subject: Re: Happ
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Yeah, but she's a lady. Apologize!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
he's fairly good when he sticks to sport. i don't blame him for lacking hindsight - at least he gave an opinion.

when he starts with the sjw stuff and knocks other socially acceptable (non POC) cultures, institutions and people to knock - he's going to get called out on his hypocrisy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Really beginning to despise the forced flagship station positive Cubs talk. At least back in the day on WGN they didn't pretend to be the, "thinking fans station", while a young Kap tried to talk up Kevin Orie.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
he's fairly good when he sticks to sport. i don't blame him for lacking hindsight - at least he gave an opinion.

when he starts with the sjw stuff and knocks other socially acceptable (non POC) cultures, institutions and people to knock - he's going to get called out on his hypocrisy.

A mildly amusing moment came at the end, when he went with a line of questioning regarding how quickly Happ thought guys would be able to get vaccinated.

I’m not sure Bernstein has his finger on the pulse of the typical young, healthy, professional athlete if he thinks they’re going to be demanding vaccines ASAP.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:35 am 

dan brought up the point that many athletes have to pay a state tax in various states as they 'entertain' in those states. his point was: if i pay a state income tax in your state, aren't i entitled to a free vaccine - to whichever state would offer the quickest vaccine?

i hope happ has a great year, but he may be the most marginal player to have his own 'show' since tomczak was on wls in the 80s. does he deserve his own show?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:38 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
Really beginning to despise the forced flagship station positive Cubs talk. At least back in the day on WGN they didn't pretend to be the, "thinking fans station", while a young Kap tried to talk up Kevin Orie.

+1

same guy who excitedly told us that darwin barney was 'RIPPED' during wgn/cub spring training. darlas and noonan didn't seem too impressed.

kap knows who butters his bread.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:43 am 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: coal fire
yesterday during transition dan was saying how everyone should be getting vaccinated no questions asked.

however he understands if african americans are hesitant because of the tuskegee syphilis study.

just thought that was a very wild comparison.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:30 pm 

papa_bear wrote:
yesterday during transition dan was saying how everyone should be getting vaccinated no questions asked.

however he understands if african americans are hesitant because of the tuskegee syphilis study.

just thought that was a very wild comparison.

There's a lot of older black people that don't want the vaccine for that very reason. It's not just Dan that's saying that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:13 am 

pizza_Place: coal fire
It sounded more like Bernstein being woke.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:20 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Bernstein definitely has different rules for different groups of people.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:13 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
You just know Lil Danny golden jetted his way to the vaccine ahead of people who actually need it .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:14 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
August Schell wrote:

Sounds like he should run for Cook county states attorney then.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:23 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
badrogue17 wrote:
August Schell wrote:

Sounds like he should run for Cook county states attorney then.

He'd be a natural. Hundreds of crimes would no longer be prosecuted. He'd be a Midwestern George Gascon.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:54 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
dan brought up the point that many athletes have to pay a state tax in various states as they 'entertain' in those states. his point was: if i pay a state income tax in your state, aren't i entitled to a free vaccine - to whichever state would offer the quickest vaccine?

i hope happ has a great year, but he may be the most marginal player to have his own 'show' since tomczak was on wls in the 80s. does he deserve his own show?

I'd agree it is a stretch for Happ to have his own segment but at least he is interesting and has a personality. He's an easy interview and has a lot of stuff going on. He's probably my favorite Cub right now besides Contreras. I haven't been following
much baseball this offseason but it seems like the Cubs are going to be a seller at the trade deadline and it is time to start another rebuild here. I sincerely hope Happ has a nice season. I'd be happy if he could hit .280 or above with a bit more power and RBIs plus some better D in the field. I'd also like to golf with him and Pat Mannelly.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:05 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Clawmaster wrote:

Beginning to? You have been banging this drum for while now and in the show I listen to it is not present.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:09 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
he's fairly good when he sticks to sport.

Is there a more partner-sensitive host than Bernstein? Paired with the right host that steers the show to sports and calls him on his bullshit and he can be great. Give him a nothing-host like Rahimi or McKnight or a trainwreck as in Goff and he completely flounders.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

DAC wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

Is there a more partner-sensitive host than Bernstein? Paired with the right host that steers the show to sports and calls him on his bullshit and he can be great. Give him a nothing-host like Rahimi or McKnight or a trainwreck as in Goff and he completely flounders.

Rahimi is a track wreck though. Seems nice, and is hot, but no clue what she's talking about. She has these strange pauses, sorts of rambles to a point, and Bernstein has to be cringing every time she talks for what stupid comment may be made next.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:55 am 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:24 am 

DAC wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

no argument. rahimi...well..

Quote:
steers the show to sports and calls him on his bullshit

she was around for dan's spasms about la russa. his main argument was that la russa was too old and out of touch. on the other hand, dan was throwing flowers at 65 year old jerry narron. rahimi could have easily picked that apart, but, then dan would get exposed as to; why this and not that?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

A mildly amusing moment came at the end, when he went with a line of questioning regarding how quickly Happ thought guys would be able to get vaccinated.

I’m not sure Bernstein has his finger on the pulse of the typical young, healthy, professional athlete if he thinks they’re going to be demanding vaccines ASAP.

Actually, there is at least one MLB team (I forget if it was Tampa or Houston) whose players and staff are already 85% vaccinated.