It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:16 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
For...reasons...I'm listening a bit today.

Sounds like Dan is flying solo today and talking about The Russa.

From my recollections, Dan tends to talk more slowly while solo giving everything a sense of importance.

Also, when referencing his connections to front office folks such as today who know that The Russa is a mistake, he speaks in whispering tones to imply secrecy that only he has access to.

So, I think we get slow & breathy Bernstein today.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
For...reasons...I'm listening a bit today.

Sounds like Dan is flying solo today and talking about The Russa.

From my recollections, Dan tends to talk more slowly while solo giving everything a sense of importance.

Also, when referencing his connections to front office folks such as today who know that The Russa is a mistake, he speaks in whispering tones to imply secrecy that only he has access to.

So, I think we get slow & breathy Bernstein today.

Have you watched Succession? I assume it’s a bit like the scene where Logan is in front of Congress and drags every answer out in a comically transparent way of running out the clock. I think that’s how Bernstein views the mid-morning shift.

Danny just wants to cash checks and get from 9 to noon with as few headaches as possible.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:25 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
What's the story with this commercial about old people that references their neighbor "Murph" from the old Union Spirit of '76 ads dying?

I'm old and I barely remember those. Seems like a strange reference.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:44 am 

Wow. Not much has changed.

Caller #1 is calling out the "paterfamilias" and referencing the end of Versailles and the impact of that on the palace courtiers.

670 the Score - The Voice of the French Revolution

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:09 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
What's the story with this commercial about old people that references their neighbor "Murph" from the old Union Spirit of '76 ads dying?

Murph saves a marriage...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=steu7oyzr1k

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
im listening to this asshole right now. he is doing transition w/ loho.

He just said Hahn needs to go into Jerry's office and huff and puff about LaRussa and how we need to fire him because he's incompetent.

Hey asshole , a reminder - they're in first place! If they were in last place then different story. But they're not, they're in first place! - TLR is doing a good job.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 12:06 pm 

LoHo is the dumbest motherfucker on the planet right now. And I was a long time supporter of his.

These 2 guys are still butthurt they hired a supposed racist and yesterday this is just an excuse they are using.

people ask who are these ppl behind things like cancel culture - these 2 fuckheads are first in line. they're so supposedly so much morally better than everyone that we should follow whatever they said.

bernstein goes on again about the sox brass having a executive meeting to discuss TLR - again - dickface THEY ARE IN FIRST PLACE!

fuck this shit - I am turning on am 1000. they actually talk sports there.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
why are you so fake angry ?

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 1:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Bagels wrote:
:lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 1:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Wow. Not much has changed.

Caller #1 is calling out the "paterfamilias" and referencing the end of Versailles and the impact of that on the palace courtiers.

670 the Score - The Voice of the French Revolution

I'm out.

Bears talk!

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 1:25 pm 

I Tuned back into the loho show - he has a guy on there asking how much money would you take out of a public toilet or urinal.

So loho is booking whistler on the show now?

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 2:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
probably code talk

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 3:04 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
The fact that people still tune in to listen to Dan Bernstein boggles my mind. The guy is a total square.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 3:27 pm 

blackhawksfan wrote:
The fact that people still tune in to listen to Dan Bernstein boggles my mind. The guy is a total square.

i never tune in but only did because of this thread.

Dr Ken owes me an hour of my life back.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 3:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's

Murph was awesome. He guest-starred on The Virginian once. Was sposed to be a rancher from Texas, though he sounded more like a PE teacher from PS 152.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Bagels wrote:
:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
thomas wrote:

Murph was awesome. He guest-starred on The Virginian once. Was sposed to be a rancher from Texas, though he sounded more like a PE teacher from PS 152.

Murph commercials aren't that old are they? Am I that old... Fuck. There was Phillips on 31 near the Geneva train station I think. Had to get Diesel fuel for the family truckster there.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 7:09 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
thomas wrote:

Murph commercials aren't that old are they? Am I that old... Fuck. There was Phillips on 31 near the Geneva train station I think. Had to get Diesel fuel for the family truckster there.

Yep, they are old. I will reserve comment on you because I am even older.

However, I always wanted to go into the Union 76 restaurant that Murph was bragging about. At the time, I had been in, like, three restaurants, so any restaurant looked good. Objectively speaking, the food there must have been awful.

That Bicentennial, even though I can barely remember it, was awesome.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 7:31 pm 

went down a YouTube hole and saw the commercials with dates included. One with Murph Junior and a woman (I think his sister) talking about a date of hers whose car broke down on a deserted stretch of road and she fixed it because she is a certified 76 mechanic vs.. well.. you know. I remember that commercial. I think the date was 1984. Tommy would have to let us know if she was a dish or not but chances are she is about an 8.3 on his dish scale.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:07 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
One of the early Murph assistants was the blonde guy on chips I think.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:32 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
went down a YouTube hole and saw the commercials with dates included. One with Murph Junior and a woman (I think his sister) talking about a date of hers whose car broke down on a deserted stretch of road and she fixed it because she is a certified 76 mechanic vs.. well.. you know. I remember that commercial. I think the date was 1984. Tommy would have to let us know if she was a dish or not but chances are she is about an 8.3 on his dish scale.

Yeah, I just watched that...I remember that character. Jill was damn cute in that uniform.

Anyone who says they didn't tear up at the commercial where everyone leaves Murph before coming back to celebrate Yom Kippor with him is a damn liar.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 1:25 am 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
HawaiiYou wrote:
LoHo is the dumbest motherfucker on the planet right now. And I was a long time supporter of his.

These 2 guys are still butthurt they hired a supposed racist and yesterday this is just an excuse they are using.

people ask who are these ppl behind things like cancel culture - these 2 fuckheads are first in line. they're so supposedly so much morally better than everyone that we should follow whatever they said.

bernstein goes on again about the sox brass having a executive meeting to discuss TLR - again - dickface THEY ARE IN FIRST PLACE!

Troll

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Remember back when young Danny Bernstein was a reporter and guys like the Monsters and HFC would belittle him for his odd Bears thoughts, the guy adopted the approach of talking crackpot thoughts into reality late in the B&B show and now there is nobody at the station that dares to be an alternative voice. In fact, all of the hosts just repeat the days chosen take, hour after hour of the same thing. Murph used to say, "miss a little miss a lot", now you can hear 5 mins at the top of each show and you will get the stations approved take on things which will be repeated over and over again on each show, no need to listen any further.

Have to say I am appreciating Hood's not so subtle ripping of Mulligan. The kind of inside baseball thing you used to get on WSCR.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:42 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Clawmaster wrote:
Remember back when young Danny Bernstein was a reporter and guys like the Monsters and HFC would belittle him for his odd Bears thoughts, the guy adopted the approach of talking crackpot thoughts into reality late in the B&B show and now there is nobody at the station that dares to be an alternative voice. In fact, all of the hosts just repeat the days chosen take, hour after hour of the same thing. Murph used to say, "miss a little miss a lot", now you can hear 5 mins at the top of each show and you will get the stations approved take on things which will be repeated over and over again on each show, no need to listen any further.

Have to say I am appreciating Hood's not so subtle ripping of Mulligan. The kind of inside baseball thing you used to get on WSCR.

What is Hood doing with Mully? I may have to listen. That's the kind of shit I love.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:46 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Crick Ramp wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Troll

He gave away who he was recently.

Miss a little, miss a lot.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Seacrest wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Troll

And what was the big reveal?

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:04 am 

I really hope it wasn't me.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 12:05 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
I really hope it wasn't me.

It was Shaggy.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Crick Ramp wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Troll

And what was the big reveal?

He won't say. He likes saying shit like this all the time. Prepare to beef hanging forever.

P.S. He has no idea what he's taking about but that won't slow his roll.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 4:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Tried listening this morning for a bit and I've come to the conclusion that Rahimi is awful. She's as unlistenable as Goff was at his absolute worst. In a brief time, she's already mastered the Bernsteinisms that are vocal infection, tone and vocabulary choice. Senor' Columnist, the cult leader, has convinced her to drink his sports radio Koolaid. As a result, he has brought out the shittiest version of who she probably is and in record time.

Put it this way, I'd rather listen to McDoink ask Theo a question.