It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 6:19 am 
1000 CLUB

Beardown: I'm honestly asking. After all, you're the smart one. So he get's the blame for all the losses and no credit for this wins? Is that right?

Bernstein: Yes. THAT. IS. ABSOULUTELY. CORRECT.

Beardown: Why is that? I'm a dumb ass cracker. I admit that. So I need this explained to me like I'm a 4 year old.

Bernstein: Because he's white, he's old and he's a racist.

Beardown: Gotcha. Like I said, you're the smart one. I was just wondering. Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 7:05 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I listened to a few minutes yesterday and he’s seemingly going to run with ‘they win despite the manager.’

Being Bernstein, I think he phrased it as something like ‘despite the schematic disadvantage of being run by an overmatched tactician,’ the Sox are winning.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 7:13 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
LaRussa is white?

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 8:13 am 

Easy. All pitching success is attributable to Katz. All hitting success is attributable to Narron. Larussa is just there...guiding a team down two stars (three at times with Anderson out) and three starting level outfielders to first place in the AL.

Larussa gets no credit for giving Katz his first pitching coach job as that goes to Giolito.

by the way, he was tactically great yesterday and the entire twins series

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 8:15 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
LaRussa is white?

you don't have to be white to be condemned for whiteness anymore. Keep up with the running narrative.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 8:15 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
good dolphin wrote:
Easy. All pitching success is attributable to Katz. All hitting success is attributable to Narron. Larussa is just there...guiding a team down two stars (three at times with Anderson out) and three starting level outfielders to first place in the AL.

Larussa gets no credit for giving Katz his first pitching coach job as that goes to Giolito.

by the way, he was tactically great yesterday and the entire twins series

Yeah but he’s against kneeling so , racist and bad .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 8:34 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Jbi11s wrote:
LaRussa is white?

When he's caught drunk driving he's white. When he wins a World Series he's Of Color.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
you got to give larussa a lot of credit here. 2 of your biggest offensive stars are down with injury for months - not weeks - but months - and he has this team playing great.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 10:20 am 

HawaiiYou wrote:
you got to give larussa a lot of credit here. 2 of your biggest offensive stars are down with injury for months - not weeks - but months - and he has this team playing great.

Yup

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 7:54 am 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
So serious question here. Why do you all keep listening to Bernstein? After being a loyal score listener for 20 years I finally switched to WMVP and I can't imagine going back. It's fun again. They talk sports and goofy stuff. No wokeness. It's been a breath of fresh air. Podcasts are available. I just don't understand why everyone on this thread is still listening to anything on the score. Occasionally I will pull up a transition segment on a podcast but that is it. I'm done with WSCR. Try it.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 7:40 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Gummikoalabear wrote:
So serious question here. Why do you all keep listening to Bernstein? After being a loyal score listener for 20 years I finally switched to WMVP and I can't imagine going back. It's fun again. They talk sports and goofy stuff. No wokeness. It's been a breath of fresh air. Podcasts are available. I just don't understand why everyone on this thread is still listening to anything on the score. Occasionally I will pull up a transition segment on a podcast but that is it. I'm done with WSCR. Try it.

Agree 100%.

I always felt like I was amongst the last handful of posters that actually listened to full segments on the station. But even I have gone elsewhere.

And it has nothing to do with wokeness.

It’s just become bad, uninteresting radio. You know it’s bad when Dustin delivers the most interesting takes at 5:20 in the morning.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 7:51 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
When the postmortem is done on the score, the cause of death will be Bernstein.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 8:10 pm 

Gummikoalabear wrote:

I think I’m assuming he’ll come back around. His political takes aren’t my problem; more so he seems intentionally uninteresting. He’s like an update host trying to fill 3 hours.

I’d rather he go back to mean radio and just shit on his listeners the whole show.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 8:11 am 

Gummikoalabear wrote:

I don't listen during work hours, so Dan and Sir don't exist to me, but for the odd occasion I am in the car middays.

I think Mully and Haugh is a solid, no frills, sports talk show. Nothing spectacular but it does the job of a morning show.

Parkins and Spiegal is entertaining.

Score weekend show are usually pretty good.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 8:21 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Gummikoalabear wrote:

We don’t all listen. I have been sampling MVP, but it’s programming is below average.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 8:25 am 

Darkside wrote:

He really did change the tenor of the station. It started with all the overly serious concussion stuff that gave listeners brain damage. Then his endless assault on the business of college sports via a non-Chicago team, Penn State. By the time those two stories were played out, the fun times were over. ONLY CHAMPIONSHIPS MATTER. And since we get one of those, what ever three to five years, why should we listen to daily Chicago Sports Talk radio?

Riddle me that program director Bernsie?

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 8:28 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
denisdman wrote:
ONLY CHAMPIONSHIPS MATTER.

Yeah, that to me is his most irritating stance.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 9:07 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
denisdman wrote:
Darkside wrote:

He really did change the tenor of the station. It started with all the overly serious concussion stuff that gave listeners brain damage. Then his endless assault on the business of college sports via a non-Chicago team, Penn State. By the time those two stories were played out, the fun times were over. ONLY CHAMPIONSHIPS MATTER. And since we get one of those, what ever three to five years, why should we listen to daily Chicago Sports Talk radio?

Riddle me that program director Bernsie?

Pretty spot on but you forgot Kane. As for only championships matter why watch anything? Every league has about 30 teams that will not win every year.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 9:26 am 

All of those fall under the Smarter Radio umbrella, which he unabashedly spoke about on several occasions.

Patrick Mannelly made the station more entertaining because he had a degree from Duke.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
good dolphin wrote:
All of those fall under the Smarter Radio umbrella, which he unabashedly spoke about on several occasions.

Patrick Mannelly made the station more entertaining because he had a degree from Duke.

Yeah, didn't Bernstein actually say the station was better now that all the hosts had a college degree?

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 9:48 am 

The Kane thing passed rather quickly, but at least is was a Chicago based story. The Penn State stuff, while important, had no direct connection to Chicago. A few segments at most was all I needed on it. But it was used to grind an axe against the business of college sports.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 9:54 am 

Sports radio in general is a dying medium.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 10:07 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Yeah, didn't Bernstein actually say the station was better now that all the hosts had a college degree?

Yes.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 10:22 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Brick wrote:

New York, Boston and Philly beg to differ brick.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 10:25 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Brick wrote:

New York, Boston and Philly beg to differ brick.

I don’t have the numbers but Detroit and Pittsburgh seem to be fine. Not a growth medium but still viable.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 10:21 pm 

I have not listened to the score in the longest time and it used to be my fav station. B&B back in the early to mid 2000s was so much fun.

I honestly only get info from this site.

I had to unfollow Dan on twitter a year ago or so for he is just annoying. I agree with his politics, but its everyday and just too much.

I did like Parkins for a while, but he got boring as well.

ESPN 1000 to me is better and more fun than WSCR and that is saying a lot because to me outside of J-Hood and Silvy, the talent sucks on that station.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 11:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
cookie23 wrote:
I have not listened to the score in the longest time and it used to be my fav station. B&B back in the early to mid 2000s was so much fun.

I had to unfollow Dan on twitter a year ago or so for he is just annoying. I agree with his politics, but its everyday and just too much.

ESPN 1000 to me is better and more fun than WSCR and that is saying a lot because to me outside of J-Hood and Silvy, the talent sucks on that station.

No love for Waddle and/or Jurko? Waddle & Silvy crack me up.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 8:24 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Heard the SJW approved, "Sox are winning in spite of the manager" spin during the 5 mins WSCR was on in the car on the way to work, apparently this is the Bernstein approved station wide stance. One of the biggest problems with the current incarnation of WSCR is that there is very little diversity of thought amongst the hosts, quite a difference from the earlier days of the station where the hosts seemed to have the freedom to actually have original sports thoughts which made for an interesting listen at times, especially when Terry brought his A game.

This take is quite silly, especially with the years spend fawning over the grab ass Madden approach to managing which created a country club atmosphere which was only questioned when he almost single handedly lost the World Series.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 2:17 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
cookie23 wrote:

No love for Waddle and/or Jurko? Waddle & Silvy crack me up.

Hah, Jurko schtick has gotten old and Waddle kind of has that "too cool for the room vibe." I don't know. I probably like Kap and Hood the best for even though Hood is the best in the business for radio to me, I admire Kaps dedication to his work even though he says and does creepy things at time.

Silvy is awesome. He is genuine.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's

Even when they destroy the Twins it's time to go after LaRussa. The late home run is a great challenge to the team's culture.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.