It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: More Vaccine Talk
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:48 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Brick wrote:
Those people already had immune issues.

Yeah, but there was no testing of the virus done on them so how would you know ANY potential issues they might have from the vaccine?

That's a different discussion. I assume JORR is referring to people with normal immune systems having immune system issues down the road.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:53 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Brick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Brick wrote:
Those people already had immune issues.

Yeah, but there was no testing of the virus done on them so how would you know ANY potential issues they might have from the vaccine?

That's a different discussion. I assume JORR is referring to people with normal immune systems having immune system issues down the road.

It's a discussion about malpractice. Have you ever heard before just now that no people with auto immune issues were involved in trials?

And as has been discussed in number of threads now, any long term effects can't be known yet about a virus that is barely a year old.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:56 pm 

Yes. It was well known.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:58 pm 

This is from NYE.

https://creakyjoints.org/living-with-arthritis/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccines/covid-19-vaccine-immunocompromised-autoimmune-patients-research-study/

I believe it was a question on my COVID vaccine questionaire bit not positive.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Having been involved in doing healthcare case studies, I can assure you that the ones that don't support the outcome the company is looking for never see the light of day.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:47 pm 

Are you implying the whole system runs on money?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's

SHAME THEM!

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
This thread has been ruined. Too bad.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
i caught some of his show when i was out a lunch, and he was SO excited about these non-vaxed players being punished. It had nothing to do with public health or Covid, he was practicality giggling with excitement over the thought of people who he doesn't agree with being punished for it in some way. He is a weird dude.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:11 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
denisdman wrote:
The vaccines being administered went through large scale trials, the same process we use for any drug. Many drugs get approved with experimental or new technology, and that is why we run trials. The trials proved they were safe and effective. Covid on the other hand has killed millions, and puts millions more in the hospital.

So if you are just doing a simple cost/benefit analysis, I will take safe and effective vs the killer virus.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:26 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
denisdman wrote:
The vaccines being administered went through large scale trials, the same process we use for any drug. Many drugs get approved with experimental or new technology, and that is why we run trials. The trials proved they were safe and effective. Covid on the other hand has killed millions, and puts millions more in the hospital.

So if you are just doing a simple cost/benefit analysis, I will take safe and effective vs the killer virus.

Sounds like something you should be asking your doctor instead of google about.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:36 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Or you could just go to the government agency that has been approving drugs our entire lifetime and has a completely transparent process for doing so.

https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine#additional

Or right to the authorization document with all the data.

https://www.fda.gov/media/148542/download

Or 78 entries of full support for safety and effectiveness.

https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/covid-19-related-guidance-documents-industry-fda-staff-and-other-stakeholders

But I am sure it is just easier to go to websites and Twitter posts of people coming up with unscientific excuses as to why they are not getting vaccinated. Because anecdotal evidence is much more compelling than large scale double blind studies, right?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:38 am 
Site Admin

Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Sounds like something you should be asking your doctor instead of google about.

Are you saying we shouldn't be able to find a study online because Google desires to promote a political- not medical- agenda?

You're worried about a small cake shop refusing to prepare products celebrating gay marriage but you apparently have no problem with Sergey Brin and the Wojcicki sisters controlling the flow of all information.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:38 am 
Site Admin

denisdman wrote:
Or you could just go to the government agency that has been approving drugs our entire lifetime and has a completely transparent process for doing so.

https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine#additional

https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/covid-19-related-guidance-documents-industry-fda-staff-and-other-stakeholders

But I am sure it is just easier to go to websites and Twitter posts of people coming up with unscientific excuses as to why they are not getting vaccinated. Because anecdotal evidence is much more compelling than large scale double blind studies, right?

Could you direct me to the link you posted that shows the data in question? None of them do. They're basically all just dressed up versions of "GET THE VACCINE!"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:41 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Are you saying we shouldn't be able to find a study online because Google desires to promote a political- not medical- agenda?
Not at all. It doesn't matter what Google says. When you are pregnant, you go see your doctor all the time. It's a question you should be asking them. They should be able to provide you not only their opinion but also the data behind it or where to find it if you want it. Don't make medical decisions based on what you find on the internet.

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
You're worried about a small cake shop refusing to prepare products celebrating gay marriage but you apparently have no problem with Sergey Brin and the Wojcicki sisters controlling the flow of all information.
Quite a strawman there.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:42 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Could you direct me to the link you posted that shows the data in question? None of them do. They're basically all just dressed up versions of "GET THE VACCINE!"

The second link shows all the data on buckets and tables. The one with download at the end.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:50 am 
Site Admin

denisdman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
denisdman wrote:

The second link shows all the data on buckets and tables. The one with download at the end.

There is no data provided in those tables that address her concerns. In fact, most of the study you linked is about addressing reactions from the shot rather than from the vaccine. There is a reason why typical vaccine trials take nine years rather than nine months.

There is a passing reference to "pregnant women" as a special population:

Quote:
2. The Sponsor will conduct periodic aggregate review of safety data and submit periodic
safety reports at monthly intervals. Each periodic safety report is required to contain
descriptive information which includes:
• A narrative summary and analysis of adverse events submitted during the reporting
interval, including interval and cumulative counts by age groups, special populations
(e.g., pregnant women), and AESIs
• A narrative summary and analysis of vaccine administration errors, whether or not
associated with an adverse event, that were identified since the last reporting interval
• Newly identified safety concerns in the interval
• Actions taken since the last report because of adverse experiences (e.g., changes made
to Fact Sheet for Vaccination Providers, changes made to studies or studies initiated)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:52 am 

Pfzier study results in NE Journal of Medicine

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2034577?query=featured_home

And here is the entire study of 376 pages since there is not enough information.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/suppl/10.1056/NEJMoa2034577/suppl_file/nejmoa2034577_protocol.pdf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:03 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
There is no data provided in those tables that address her concerns. In fact, most of the study you linked is about addressing reactions from the shot rather than from the vaccine. There is a reason why typical vaccine trials take nine years rather than nine months.
Vaccine trials don't take 9 years. Vaccine development can at times but the first 3-5 years of that are simple research and discovery. We didn't need to do that because that work was 99% of the way done given that this was basically a "bad cold".

Seacrest posted the actual numbers. Standard vaccine trials take about 3 years. They did overlap phase 1 and 2, which really only affected those in phase 2 since it's the same thing but with more people and they took a slightly higher chance of serious side effects.

But now, we are approaching 1.5 years of the vaccine. I don't know why you keep on referencing 9 months like all the scientists said "The work is done. Let's go home" after that.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:13 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Quote:
This trial and its preliminary report have several limitations. With approximately 19,000 participants per group in the subset of participants with a median follow-up time of 2 months after the second dose, the study has more than 83% probability of detecting at least one adverse event, if the true incidence is 0.01%, but it is not large enough to detect less common adverse events reliably.

Right now, there's a large swath of people who have seen disturbing lies from their government. They aren't exactly on board with the transparency of the follow up. For me, so far so good as much as I can tell, and I will be getting the vaccine before the cold hits.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Haven't listened in a long, long time. Not seeing much reason to change that.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
BigW72 wrote:

You can say that about most of the shit on tv and radio in 2021. I remember tuning into Howard Stern at the start of the day and turning off 670 when I got home from work. Easy 8 hours of entertainment. Had to cancel Howard when he started talking metamucil, fountain pens, and cocktober and 670 lost me when all the younger hosts started copying Bernstein. I have a few podcasts I enjoy and the rest is shit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
blackhawksfan wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

You can say that about most of the shit on tv and radio in 2021. I remember tuning into Howard Stern at the start of the day and turning off 670 when I got home from work. Easy 8 hours of entertainment. Had to cancel Howard when he started talking metamucil, fountain pens, and cocktober and 670 lost me when all the younger hosts started copying Bernstein. I have a few podcasts I enjoy and the rest is shit.

The current woke/cancel media culture makes most things utterly unwatchable/unlistenable. Read somewhere that there is an increasing disconnect between how people actually think and the false ideal that is pushed through social media platforms. A significant majority of the population is not on twitter and the vast majority of tweets come from a very small group of people, think it was 90% of tweets come from 3% of twitter users. Those that live exclusively in this pretend world (which would encompass almost all the employees as WSCR) feel validated by reposting each others thoughts, but its a land of make believe, similar to Mr. Rogers Neighborhood.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6