It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: More Vaccine Talk
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Jellyfish do not have brains, and have survived for 650 million years. So I guess there is even hope for you, Bob.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Uh-oh.
Let’s see if there’s an all of the sudden increase “omg we just noticed this “ from hosts and the sports media in general now about how terrible he’s been this year and underperforming his contract he has .
If he is going to get roasted for anything, it should be dumbfuck comments like this;
Quote:
“If [expletive] breaks out, and there’s a rise in [infections], it ain’t going to be because of something we did. We ain’t allowed to go around them,” he said. “Could be something that happens because of people here not wearing masks when they’re told to please wear your mask.”

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
i think he's right. Those non-mask wearers are ruining things for everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:02 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Bagels wrote:
i think he's right. Those non-mask wearers are ruining things for everyone.

I'd feel a bit better if everyone wore two. Especially those J&J people who cut corners with their pathetic 65%. Dr Truth Science says they have COVID in their nostrils.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's

Now the hit piece to see if Rizzo was near any children as a leper.

Quote:
images showed children from different organizations outside, enjoying things like drive-in movies and Santa’s Village. One pic is of Rizzo with an unmasked Jake Arrieta and Joc Pederson at the drive-in movie night in May.

Yes, these events are outdoors, and the children we’ve seen appear to all be wearing masks. But Rizzo’s anti-vaxx stance brings up a whole host of issues that, were I the parent of an ill child, I’d have concerns about. After all, Rizzo is a pro athlete sharing a clubhouse with more than a few anti-vaxxers, all of whom travel around the country and visit different locations on a regular basis. Just today, Johns Hopkins University reported that eight (almost all very red) states are seeing an uptick in COVID cases. Not surprisingly, seven of those eight states have lower-than-average vaccination rates.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:09 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Conflating the views and explanations of Rizzo and Heyward is very intellectually dishonest.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:20 pm 

I’m guessing all the kids that attended those events died ?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Odd, she hasn’t mentioned anything about Heyward .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:29 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's

:lol: What else would they be but a personal choice. Does she think Josef Mengele works at Lurie Children's Hospital?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:36 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

:lol: What else would they be but a personal choice. Does she think Josef Mengele works at Lurie Children's Hospital?

I’ve seen more than a few people seriously suggest that it should be forced, they oddly are all Julie-esque

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:47 pm 

Not to mention her first take of why is Anthony Rizzo meeting sick kids when he has been vaccinated was thoroughly debunked and he hasn’t met with any of them in person . She just continues to prove what a fucking despicable human being she is

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:18 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Have worn a mandatory medical mask at work from early days of outbreak, they did not protect me from getting covid after being within close proximity of people that were in the early stages of infection, so can guarantee the goofy logo masks that athletes/celebrities wear are entirely ineffective.

Got vaccinated the first day it was offered at our hospital, but felt it was essential because I work around very sick people and usually do several Covid tests each day to screen patients for OR or SNF placement.

Would expect Covid vaccination to take on the same status as seasonal flu vaccinations, some people get it every year and some roll the dice, would just hope those with pre existing conditions, especially respiratory issues, would get vaccinated ASAP.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:45 am 

Quote:
But to no avail, it appears, with meaningless canards like "personal decision" used as shields against the criticism that should be raining down from reasonable people and from any fans who actually understand the competitive disadvantage at which it places their team. Slamming your own head in a car door on purpose is also a "personal decision," but at least it doesn't endanger or inconvenience others.

The peril is coming too, with the more virulent Delta and Delta Plus variants already taking hold in the U.S. after burning a deadly swath through India and elsewhere. These COVID mutations are more easily spread, cause more rapid and severe onset and are much more likely to necessitate hospitalization. Officials warn that unvaccinated populations here are ripe for such outbreaks, particularly this fall.

Friday Fung topic. Should the unvaccinated be arrested?

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Dan is even scarier on video than he is on radio. Leila looks like she wants to disappear.

https://www.audacy.com/670thescore/spor ... -teammates

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Dan is even scarier on video than he is on radio. Leila looks like she wants to disappear.

https://www.audacy.com/670thescore/spor ... -teammates

if the business of some prominent anti-covid vaccine person gave a boatload of cash to WSCR for dan to do live reads for their product Dan would have happily done the read immediately after that rant.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Well in that on air rant, he is right in that vaccines are generally safe, effective, and if you are educating yourself there is no reason to avoid getting the shot(s). It is good for both you and society. There is no out of pocket cost.

It is in his delivery, so definitive and condescending, where I have an issue. To me it is the same stupidity of seat belt laws. Why would you ever drive without wearing one? If you are truly objective about the whole thing, you would get your shot(s).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
denisdman wrote:
Well in that on air rant, he is right in that vaccines are generally safe, effective, and if you are educating yourself othere is no reason to avoid getting the shot(s). It is good for both you and society. There is no out of pocket cost.

It is in his delivery, so definitive and condescending, where I have an issue. To me it is the same stupidity of seat belt laws. Why would you ever drive without wearing one? If you are truly objective about the whole thing, you would get your shot(s).

The short answer would be that you don’t believe COVID sufficiently concerning to seek out a vaccination. I’d argue that’s a perfectly valid, objective reason.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:50 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Well in that on air rant, he is right in that vaccines are generally safe, effective, and if you are educating yourself othere is no reason to avoid getting the shot(s). It is good for both you and society. There is no out of pocket cost.

The short answer would be that you don’t believe COVID sufficiently concerning to seek out a vaccination. I’d argue that’s a perfectly valid, objective reason.

Also, you don't want to subject yourself to being really sick for 4 days. Or that you don't know what the long term effect will be.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:54 am 

denisdman wrote:

But he is responding to the education process statement by Ross. If you truly sought out objective information, would you not come to the conclusion that it makes sense to get the shot?

-Highly effective,
-Safe, side effects suck as I know.
-Free

And sure I am not going to die from Covid, but I have two parents near 70. They have a high chance of dying. And of course you could argue for them to get their shots, but what about the variants that will spread easier if younger people do not?

We have a good shot at putting Covid to rest by people taking the sensible path.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:57 am 

Yeah our society is worried about long term effects. This same society that indulges in alcohol and prescription drug abuse, unhealthy diets, lack of exercise, etc.

A one or two shot vaccine is not going to have long term impacts. It just evokes an immune response. We have been taking vaccines our entire lives. Why now are we suddenly concerned about long term effects?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:00 am 
100000 CLUB

denisdman wrote:
Why now are we suddenly concerned about long term effects?
BeCaUsE fAkE fAuCi!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:01 am 

denisdman wrote:
This same society that indulges in alcohol and prescription drug abuse, unhealthy diets, lack of exercise, etc.

right, when those insisting others get the vaccine are themselves overweight, out of shape, smokers, fast food addicts, etc. it's a bit hard to take it seriously when they're lecturing you on public health

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:02 am 

denisdman wrote:
Yeah our society is worried about long term effects. This same society that indulges in alcohol and prescription drug abuse, unhealthy diets, lack of exercise, etc.

A one or two shot vaccine is not going to have long term impacts. It just evokes an immune response. We have been taking vaccines our entire lives. Why now are we suddenly concerned about long term effects?

This vaccine is different from others in the past, and there have been plenty of red flags with wider distribution. A less healthy person than you might not have survived four days of being as sick as you were either.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
denisdman wrote:
denisdman wrote:

But he is responding to the education process statement by Ross. If you truly sought out objective information, would you not come to the conclusion that it makes sense to get the shot?

-Highly effective,
-Safe, side effects suck as I know.
-Free

And sure I am not going to die from Covid, but I have two parents near 70. They have a high chance of dying. And of course you could argue for them to get their shots, but what about the variants that will spread easier if younger people do not?

We have a good shot at putting Covid to rest by people taking the sensible path.

Point 2 is the challenge here. I think one could objectively research the vaccines, hear about people who’ve had a rough few days (as you did) and compare it to the many people they likely knew who had the virus but were asymptomatic. From there I don’t think it’s illogical to not get the shot.

In terms of putting it to bed...I thought we were likely to go the booster shot route? Has that changed? Is Danny suggesting that these vaccines will eradicate the virus?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:03 am 

denisdman wrote:
Why now are we suddenly concerned about long term effects?
Especially with vaccines. The actual vaccine is in your body for a relatively short amount of time. That's why pretty much every mild and serious side effect in the history of vaccines have happened relatively quickly. It's also why you sometimes need a booster.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:04 am 

Bagels wrote:
denisdman wrote:
This same society that indulges in alcohol and prescription drug abuse, unhealthy diets, lack of exercise, etc.

right, when those insisting others get the vaccine are themselves overweight, out of shape, smokers, fast food addicts, etc. it's a bit hard to take it seriously when they're lecturing you on public health

I am not talking about JDC and her ilk. Ross says players are still educating themselves on the vaccine. Whether you do your own research, listen to experts, or talk to your doctor, how do you come to the conclusion that the vaccine shot is a bad choice?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:08 am 

I will contrast this with my flu shot position. I never took one. I asked my primary care doctor, and he said it is a toss up because:

-the shots are not highly effective, maybe 30-60% in any given year,
-they will generally cause a negative reaction,
-I am otherwise healthy, not having had the flu since my teenage years.

The education process is simple. I am all about personal decisions, so I am not going to shame you. But my seat belt example is where I land- would you wear it in the absence of a law?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:09 am 

denisdman wrote:

This x1000

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:10 am 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
denisdman wrote:

This vaccine is different from others in the past, and there have been plenty of red flags with wider distribution. A less healthy person than you might not have survived four days of being as sick as you were either.

Ok maybe, but a less healthy would then be a target to die from Covid. More reason to get the shot and monitor the symptoms.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:11 am 

denisdman wrote:
I will contrast this with my flu shot position. I never took one. I asked my primary care doctor, and he said it is a toss up because:

-the shots are not highly effective, maybe 30-60% in any given year,
-they will generally cause a negative reaction,
-I am otherwise healthy, not having had the flu since my teenage years.

The education process is simple. I am all about personal decisions, so I am not going to shame you. But my seat belt example is where I land- would you wear it in the absence of a law?

I've gotten the flu shot every year for about 15 years and I've never had a negative reaction. I had a similar one to you in regards to the COVID vaccine too.

I get not getting the flu vaccine, but the other reason to get it is that it often lessens the reaction you get to the actual flu even if you still get it. I don't even care if someone chooses to not get the COVID vaccine.

No reason there can't be a highly effective mrna flu vaccine in the future which will change a lot.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next