It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: More Vaccine Talk
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Because I enjoy punishing myself, I decided to play today’s transition with Mully Haugh and Dan/Leila….and it was 20 minutes of them talking about why people don’t get vaccinated.

What boggles my mind…isn’t why someone would/wouldn’t get vaccinated but why are these guys talking about this. No one wants to hear this topic. It’s just stupid.

Post subject: Re: More Vaccine Talk
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Crick Ramp wrote:
Because I enjoy punishing myself, I decided to play today’s transition with Mully Haugh and Dan/Leila….and it was 20 minutes of them talking about why people don’t get vaccinated.

What boggles my mind…isn’t why someone would/wouldn’t get vaccinated but why are these guys talking about this. No one wants to hear this topic. It’s just stupid.

I hear a bit of transition yesterday in the afternoon. Laurence was gushing that Leila was the smartest person in the industry. He is such a creep.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Vaccines are the new Penn State.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:38 pm 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

I hear a bit of transition yesterday in the afternoon. Laurence was gushing that Leila was the smartest person in the industry. He is such a creep.

Lo ho is a whole other story. He’s become so odd and increasingly delusional over time. His over inflated ego and how he views himself is so strange

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:39 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Vaccines are the new Penn State.

True

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Never knew there was this many people interested in athletes personal medical decisions.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
badrogue17 wrote:
Never knew there was this many people interested in athletes personal medical decisions.
badrogue17 wrote:
Remember all those times pre Covid they made players withdraw because they might be sick ?? BACK TO NORMAL !!!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:01 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:

Twitter plus vaccines really brings out the worst in a lot of people.

It’s so stupid.

Why do other people care about other peoples decision to get vaccinated or not. Who the fuck cares.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

Crick Ramp wrote:
Why do other people care about other peoples decision to get vaccinated or not. Who the fuck cares.
Because people don't make it that simple.

Human responsibility? GTFO.

People who don't have the vaccine claim its not safe, yet don't provide proof of the danger. No vaccine is 100% effective and no vaccine is 100% risk free, and thus far the Covid vaccine appears to be just as safe if not moreso than those that have been around for decades.

They also say they don't need it because of antibodies or whatever, that is also not true; viewtopic.php?f=175&t=125528&start=90#p3656084

If somebody were to simply say, "I don't want the vaccine and that my choice," that would be perfectly find. No issue. But when they say "I don't want it because of X or Y," and X and Y are flat out not true, they can be called to the carpet.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:21 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

People who don't have the vaccine claim its not safe, yet don't provide proof of the danger. No vaccine is 100% effective and no vaccine is 100% risk free, and thus far the Covid vaccine appears to be just as safe if not moreso than those that have been around for decades.

They also say they don't need it because of antibodies or whatever, that is also not true; viewtopic.php?f=175&t=125528&start=90#p3656084

If somebody were to simply say, "I don't want the vaccine and that my choice," that would be perfectly find. No issue. But when they say "I don't want it because of X or Y," and X and Y are flat out not true, they can be called to the carpet.

Your bias shines thru here. Which is fine.

My point is why is this even a discussion? I don’t get why people care what other people do regarding this issue.

You laid out how you think a vaccine related conversation should go. While I’m saying why is there even a vaccine conversation occurring?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:23 pm 

Crick Ramp wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

Lo ho is a whole other story. He’s become so odd and increasingly delusional over time. His over inflated ego and how he views himself is so strange

His show is dramatic pauses and lavish praise of female media colleagues. It's the most unlistenable show in the history of the station.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

I think the "thus far" is important above, and I agree with what you are saying. I can also understand that today, in an age where may people's trust has been eroded to the point where they cant tell fact from fiction (my guys are RIGHT, your guys are WRONG), are hesitant and should just be left alone. I don't think the vaccine is deadly but I understand why some people aren't sure. But tweets like Garlin's above don't help. I don't give a fuck if he is ticked off, why? because everyone doesn't think like him? His lack of understanding towards non-vaccinated people does nothing but make everything even more polarizing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

Crick Ramp wrote:
While I’m saying why is there even a vaccine conversation occurring?
Two reasons. First, its topical right now. Second, The Score sucks. Outside of Grobber and some of the morning show, its FAR more SJW radio than sports or sports related topics.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:32 pm 

Crick Ramp wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

His show is dramatic pauses and lavish praise of female media colleagues. It's the most unlistenable show in the history of the station.

A couple months ago on Twitter he was having a back and forth with a few people . I forget the topic. At some point Larry made a comment about one of the guys being overweight in his profile pic. Just a total unnecessary comment given the situation because no one was making any personal comments towards him like that.

So I asked Larry how old is that pic in your profile pic because I guarantee that was at least 40lbs ago and there is no way you’d still fit in that suit.

Annndd….then he blocked me lol. Such a sensitive cry baby bitch.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:33 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
Two reasons. First, its topical right now. Second, The Score sucks. Outside of Grobber and some of the morning show, its FAR more SJW radio than sports or sports related topics.

I guess I’m just amazed that those hosts think their listening audience want to hear them talk about vaccines for 20 minutes. It’s wild.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Crick Ramp wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

I guess I’m just amazed that those hosts think their listening audience want to hear them talk about vaccines for 20 minutes. It’s wild.

I came to the conclusion his show is an homage to The Producers.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:57 pm 

Crick Ramp wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

A couple months ago on Twitter he was having a back and forth with a few people . I forget the topic. At some point Larry made a comment about one of the guys being overweight in his profile pic. Just a total unnecessary comment given the situation because no one was making any personal comments towards him like that.

So I asked Larry how old is that pic in your profile pic because I guarantee that was at least 40lbs ago and there is no way you’d still fit in that suit.

Annndd….then he blocked me lol. Such a sensitive cry baby patriot.

I've met Laurence a few times. The last time I saw him was at one of those Bears shows he used to do. He had ballooned up so much that he was almost unrecognizable. Zach Miller was signing autographs, and as people stood in line to get his autograph Laurence was signing and giving out publicity photos like they were there for him.

The Missing Link wrote:

Last edited by WaitingforRuffcorn on Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:36 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Who still listens to this station? Fucking geeks, all of them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:05 pm 

blackhawksfan wrote:

I saw the description in the podcast and decided to punish myself by listening to it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:49 pm 

if these vaccines werent being mandated by so many companies, i would probably get one.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:04 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
if these vaccines werent being mandated by so many companies, i would probably get one.

Rebel!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:46 am 

last night a host played a clip of Sox fan Dan Bernstein gushing about how electric the full capacity crowd will be not only at wrigley but around the (team owned) businesses surrounding the stadium.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:31 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
blackhawksfan wrote:

I might catch an hour or 2 of Mully and Haugh after a Bears loss but that's about it. I listened to Parkins when he came on board after all the hype but that wasn't even weekend worthy during their heyday.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
CANCEL THE NEW MR CUB !!!! This one is going to pose an interesting conundrum at 670. This isn’t the obviously racist Trump supportin’ terrible person Eric Sogard not getting it . This is “ OMG how come they haven’t extended him, all around great guy Tony Rizzo they’re going to have to go after for killing grandma .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:50 am 
100000 CLUB

Fine. At least he didn't lie like others do and say they aren't safe, or are killing people.

As a person whose job involves traveling and interacting with people as much as ballplayers and other professional athletes do, I think its an unwise decision not to get vaxxed. But simply saying, "I choose not to," is perfectly fine. No need to qualify it any further.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Fine. At least he didn't lie like others do and say they aren't safe, or are killing people.

As a person whose job involves traveling and interacting with people as much as ballplayers and other professional athletes do, I think its an unwise decision not to get vaxxed. But simply saying, "I choose not to," is perfectly fine. No need to qualify it any further.

I agree with you, but man....if a time ever comes where he tests positive and has to go on the DL for COVID protocols...the media will go apeshit calling him a selfish and shitty teammate :lol:

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

If it doesn't happen to Rizzo, it will happen to somebody else. They make their bed, they can lie in it. Look at what happened to Jon Rahm last week. He had to WD from a tournament he was basically sure to win because he got Covid and isn't vaxxed.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Likely will be like seasonal flu shot moving forward, people will opt in or out, you will have occasional outbreaks.

Silly to watch the ESPN interviewers standing ten feet away from the people they are interviewing in a stadium that is at capacity. It would seem they would force all their staff to get vaccinated?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:18 am 

Crick Ramp wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

Finally deleted 670 off my radio. Spiegs and Parkins was bad enough before all the vaccine talk. Last words I will ever hear on the score are Speigs, "zero reasons to not get the vaccine shot." PTFB for the last time and delete. Sad how far the score has fallen.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Turned on the Score yesterday morning with Rosenbloom and whomever. Vaccine talk. Boring. PTFB.