It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:04 am 
1000 CLUB

If not, why isn't he?

Because that's the way you describe "non media members" who say Tony Larrusa is good. Or those that get mad when people say he isn't good. That's what you call people on twitter or the text messages. I heard Stone with Larry rip people that hate on LaRussa today.

So why won't you call Steve Stone that? Just cuz he's in the media and works for the SCORE? Because everybody at the SCORE has to say Steve Stone is great? That's just the default of everybody there. That's the answer, but you wont admit that. Nor will the others at the SCORE that always adopt your opinion because they fear you. They don't want to be considered a lowly caller or texter by you.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:17 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
dan and leila broke out the racist, possessing a 69 IQ, old white codger voice today.

"you know, i stopped following the nba because.....well, you know why." she addressed this horrible, pieced-together jigsaw man as 'boomer'.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:10 am 
1000 CLUB

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
dan and leila broke out the racist, possessing a 69 IQ, old white codger voice today.

"you know, i stopped following the nba because.....well, you know why." she addressed this horrible, pieced-together jigsaw man as 'boomer'

Yeah. Dan's been doing that for years.

I just want to know if Dan thinks Steve Stone is a racist despite not having that old Chicago accent. Because well spoken people can't be racist according to Dan. Right?

Old saying: The greatest trick by the devil is convincing people he doesn't exist. Or something like that

Dan's greatest trick is convincing people he's not racist. He is. I told Goff this years ago. He never believed me. I think the day he got fired he finally did. He'll never admit it. Mike North was never Goff's enemy. Bernstein's kind always was. It's never the dumb racist you have to worry about. It's always the smart racist. Bernstein is the smart racist. I'll never deny that he's smart.

Dan Bernstein is playing a role. He's not what he pretends to be. But in these times pretending keeps you your job in media. Dan knows this better than anybody.

I figured Dan out a long time ago. He's an easy read for me. Always has been. I've always known his game. Tried to tell you guys for years.

Rip on whitey as a white and you keep your job. That's what you do now a days. But everybody forgets the racist (and sexist) things Dan said when it was OK to say racist things while in the media. I didn't forget. In fact, I called it out at the time.

But I'm a dumb ass cracker. What's the word these media types like to say? Oh yeah, trolling. That's the word. That's just the word they like to use when they know it's legit criticism.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:27 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Didn't B & B attack David Haugh's articles, then do a 180 when he joined the Score. Same with Hub. Then mocking Chuck Swirsky's for his devout Christian faith. Then embracing him as Score Bulls PBP guy. Bernstein has said the Bible is a "book of fairy tales". But takes Jewish holidays off. He'll never give an opinion about a Score guy Stone unless he makes a pc misspeak and can pile on. Where it can be benefit him. Score hosts are fake & frauds.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:32 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

"you know, i stopped following the nba because.....well, you know why." she addressed this horrible, pieced-together jigsaw man as 'boomer'.

I stopped following the NBA. And it's because the Bulls suck. I don't feel a moral obligation to watch.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:33 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
The woke hate stereotypes so much except when they are stereotyping others.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:39 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The woke hate stereotypes so much except when they are stereotyping others.

Well said. The lil dan voices are uber annoying.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:46 am 

I'd just like to get him on record if smart, Joe Sheehan reading, baseball mind Dan really thinks Joc Pederson is valued equally or greater to Dylan Cease

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:00 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
I'd just like to get him on record if smart, Joe Sheehan reading, baseball mind Dan really thinks Joc Pederson is valued equally or greater to Dylan Cease

VERY. SMART. BASEBALL. FAN.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:16 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

This doesn't make sense to me.

The person in this example presumably watched the NBA in the 70s, 80s, 90s, & 2000s when, if memory serves, there were more than a few black players in the league. However, the only explanation for why they would have lost interest in today's the NBA is because they are a virulent racist?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:25 am 
Site Admin

Tad Queasy wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

The person in this example presumably watched the NBA in the 70s, 80s, 90s, & 2000s when, if memory serves, there were more than a few black players in the league. However, the only explanation for why they would have lost interest in today's the NBA is because they are a virulent racist?

You're a racist if you don't support kneeling for the national anthem and disdaining the American flag as coherent and appropriate responses to the occasional bad actions of police officers.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:43 am 

Dan equates white people’s dislike of the NBA with being racist for some reason. But I think there are logical reasons why a person might not like the MLB or the NBA when they used to like the game. In the MLB, the three outcome at bats are frustrating as is the parade of relievers that have lengthened the average game. In the NBA, the lack of defense and the three point shooting contest that occurs nightly can be boring.

Most of it is that these games have evolved in ways that is not always appealing to older fans. I still love both sports as the athletes are on average much better than ever before. You see that with the skill and pitch speed of so many players.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:56 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
vitoscotti wrote:
Didn't B & B attack David Haugh's articles, then do a 180 when he joined the Score. Same with Hub. Then mocking Chuck Swirsky's for his devout Christian faith. Then embracing him as Score Bulls PBP guy. Bernstein has said the Bible is a "book of fairy tales". But takes Jewish holidays off. He'll never give an opinion about a Score guy Stone unless he makes a pc misspeak and can pile on. Where it can be benefit him. Score hosts are fake & frauds.

He did the same shit with Olin Kreutz. Absolutely hammered the guy for weeks when the story broke about how he treated teammates in the locker room, calling rookies and whoever a bunch of fags, etc.

Then, as soon as he is a score post game guy, he was on Dan's show all the time and Dan would kiss his ass and laugh him up

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:06 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

You're a racist if you don't support kneeling for the national anthem and disdaining the American flag as coherent and appropriate responses to the occasional bad actions of police officers.

I suppose that, to Dan, simply preferring the style of play of a different era (the 90s) and finding today's game uninteresting is not a valid reason.

Dan and Terry called Brian Billick a blowhole for years until he became a regular guest on their show. Then he was a great guy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:27 am 

and professor flakey transformed into SCORE BASEBALL INSIDER, BRUCE LEVINE!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:03 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
denisdman wrote:
Dan equates white people’s dislike of the NBA with being racist for some reason. But I think there are logical reasons why a person might not like the MLB or the NBA when they used to like the game. In the MLB, the three outcome at bats are frustrating as is the parade of relievers that have lengthened the average game. In the NBA, the lack of defense and the three point shooting contest that occurs nightly can be boring.

Most of it is that these games have evolved in ways that is not always appealing to older fans. I still love both sports as the athletes are on average much better than ever before. You see that with the skill and pitch speed of so many players.

I think everything you said in your post is correct, but don't you think a dislike of liberal politics or BLM is keeping some people from watching the NBA that might have watched it years ago? In the 80's and 90's politics was much more compartmentalized than it is today. Your sports viewing preferences didn't seem like a political statement.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:14 am 

vitoscotti wrote:

amen.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:31 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
VERY. SMART. BASEBALL. FAN.
Somebody should call and ask Dan if he thinks Adam Eaton is valued equally or greater than Dylan Cease.

When Dan obviously gets all condescending and says No, then point out that Eaton's WAR is 0.5 higher than Pederson has so far this season.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:59 am 

Warren Newson wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I think everything you said in your post is correct, but don't you think a dislike of liberal politics or BLM is keeping some people from watching the NBA that might have watched it years ago? In the 80's and 90's politics was much more compartmentalized than it is today. Your sports viewing preferences didn't seem like a political statement.

While I disagree with liberal politics in general, I understand the concern of black athletes that led to kneeling and BLM. It does not in any way change my viewing habits. I would prefer sports and politics stay separate, but as a firm believer in free speech, who am I to tell Lebron and others what to think or say?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
denisdman wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
denisdman wrote:

While I disagree with liberal politics in general, I understand the concern of black athletes that led to kneeling and BLM. It does not in any way change my viewing habits. I would prefer sports and politics stay separate, but as a firm believer in free speech, who am I to tell Lebron and others what to think or say?

I think in some people's heads, watching the NBA (or more accurately admitting you watch the NBA) feels like an endorsement of a whole slew of political stances. Which is a shame because they're letting politics force them into refraining from something that is harmless and could be enjoyable. I made my initial statement because I think you and Bernstein are both right. Some people do not watch basketball because they don't like the way it is played in 2021 but others don't watch it for political/culture war reasons.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Warren Newson wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I think in some people's heads, watching the NBA (or more accurately admitting you watch the NBA) feels like an endorsement of a whole slew of political stances. Which is a shame because they're letting politics force them into refraining from something that is harmless and could be enjoyable. I made my initial statement because I think you and Bernstein are both right. Some people do not watch basketball because they don't like the way it is played in 2021 but others don't watch it for political/culture war reasons.

100% correct. I think the latter probably weren’t big NBA fans to begin with, but they definitely exist.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I dont watch because LeBron is being hunted every day and dont want to frighten him any futher.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
i wonder what dan, stone, levine, hub, and maybe even cody decker all have in common. Wouldn't it be wild to find out they all share some common ground? Perhaps there might be even more employees at the station that think similarly! Wouldn't that be something! Haha!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
TriColoredPastas wrote:
i wonder what dan, stone, levine, hub, and maybe even cody decker all have in common. Wouldn't it be wild to find out they all share some common ground? Perhaps there might be even more employees at the station that think similarly! Wouldn't that be something! Haha!

Maybe someone should ask Mitch Rosen.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
TriColoredPastas wrote:

And Mitch Rosen, ZZ , Parkins, Speigel, Les. ...Jewish.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:48 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Show is god awful.

Station itself is unlistenable.

Sad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:41 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

your point is made. i'm not sure why she addressed their evil wicker-man creation as, 'boomer'. is there a pent-up anger against white 'boomers'?

remember her rant against the tsa.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:53 am 

denisdman wrote:

i agree with you. i feel the same about the nfl. the league has greased a path for you if you have a quality qb to throw 55 times a game and win 51-38 after a 3hr. 55 min game.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
denisdman wrote:

i agree with you. i feel the same about the nfl. the league has greased a path for you if you have a quality qb to throw 55 times a game and win 51-38 after a 3hr. 55 min game.

Most sports have evolved/devolved by passing rules to benefit offense.

Modern nutrition, PED's, training methods, and the fact that the players in most major men's pro leagues are able to train year round and do not have to take other jobs in the offseason like the old time guys gives the modern athlete many advantages.

Are the games better/more entertaining? Is today's NBA with the phantom calls that consistently bail out the star players better than the old hand check, physical NBA?

As with everything beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Clawmaster wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Most sports have evolved/devolved by passing rules to benefit offense.

Modern nutrition, PED's, training methods, and the fact that the players in most major men's pro leagues are able to train year round and do not have to take other jobs in the offseason like the old time guys gives the modern athlete many advantages.

Are the games better/more entertaining? Is today's NBA with the phantom calls that consistently bail out the star players better than the old hand check, physical NBA?

As with everything beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Nailed it. Life changes, and pro sports aren’t immune to that. People either change with it or reminisce about the way it was. There’s no better or worse, just different.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants