It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 4:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:00 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I will admit that I was literally moving to punch the button on two different occasions while Dan was talking about something ridiculous and Leah actually said something to the effect of enough of that let's talk sports - which I appreciated.

But, eventually, she was overrun by the boys club and I turned back to Eminem.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I will admit that I was literally moving to punch the button on two different occasions while Dan was talking about something ridiculous and Leah actually said something to the effect of enough of that let's talk sports - which I appreciated.

hey, she told everyone that Caleb Williams would be a circus back in December, i mean it takes a regular Nostradamus to figure out a #1 draft pick is going to have a lot of media attention . we should be grateful to have her insight

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:35 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
It was more interesting than hearing fond remembrances of young rich kids puking all over themselves at graduation and a fine representation of the value they put on their accomplishment.

The Score: Voice of The Fan…your go-to for tittering tales of East Coast private education.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Kalyn Kahler's speech resembles that of a teenager. I was like, going to meet him and then like, then they were like you can't but it was whatever and so later we were like, trying to ask questions? And like it was so fast and then we finally got to ask a question but it was like literally SO fast. So anyway, like, I can't answer your question, but it was a really good situation and I can't wait to follow up on it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:35 pm 

I remember the first time I dismembered a family member, December, I think it was, I was having drinks with my cousin. I wrapped him in Christmas lights
pushed him into the stinkin' tub, cut him up into pieces and just when I went to drink his blood, I thought, "I oughta drink his bathwater, that oughta be fun".
That's when my days of serial murder manslaughter begun. The sight of blood excites me, that might be an artery, son, your blood-curdling screams just don't seem to bother me none.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:32 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
TriColoredPastas wrote:
Kalyn Kahler's speech resembles that of a teenager. I was like, going to meet him and then like, then they were like you can't but it was whatever and so later we were like, trying to ask questions? And like it was so fast and then we finally got to ask a question but it was like literally SO fast. So anyway, like, I can't answer your question, but it was a really good situation and I can't wait to follow up on it.

She's some sports figure's daughter, right? Is she the one Dan is always like "say hi to your dad for me"?

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Even if it's not woke talk. But, Bernstein, Larry, and Leila talking basic sports is absolutely horrendous sports radio.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 10:56 am 

vitoscotti wrote:
Even if it's not woke talk. But, Bernstein, Larry, and Leila talking basic sports is absolutely horrendous sports radio.

TALK MORE SPORTS!

STOP TALKING SPORTS!

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I can understand talking shit on the Sox as they blow. I don't get the continued Larussa rants. It is dumb.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: What??
pittmike wrote:
I can understand talking shit on the Sox as they blow. I don't get the continued Larussa rants. It is dumb.

Because he's still there. Why is he still there?

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 11:10 am 

Nardi wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Because he's still there. Why is he still there?

To hang out with Jerry? I have only heard these guys say it. Is he in Chicago, Arizona, where?

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 12:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:

The station has decided to make the new PBP announcer the new target. Most of them are still crying about losing Benetti, but taking it out on the new guy just seems petty.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 1:29 pm 

BD wrote:
pittmike wrote:

The station has decided to make the new PBP announcer the new target. Most of them are still crying about losing Benetti, but taking it out on the new guy just seems petty.

It really is thinly veiled foot stomping about Benetti.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 10:57 am 

What do you consider anathema at Harold's Chicken?!?!

IGNITE THE INCANDESCENT BULBS ON THE PHONE NOTIFICATION BOARD, CHICAGO!!

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 10:59 am 

IGNITE THE INCANDESCENT BULBS ON THE PHONE NOTIFICATION BOARD, CHICAGO!!

:lol: They do get some odd topics. Larry must control the sauce.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 11:02 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's

Michael Phelps's bong.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 1:21 pm 

Larry Holmes!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=sha ... 0Z1JcJUhKg

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 2:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

This past week, the show was offended that Jerry Seinfeld said woke/far left people have ruined comedy. They said Seinfeld was out of touch and needed to evolve, what was funny back then is no longer, he should related to his audience, etc. In a way, sort of proving his point.

Then the Tom Brady roast, in which they were again offended by Aaron Hernandez jokes, Brady not being offended by jokes about his marriage....

Roasts are meant to make people uncomfortable....

I guess if you are programmed to be offended by everything, you will find something.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 3:21 pm 

BD wrote:
I guess if you are programmed to be offended by everything, you will find something.

Indeed...

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 3:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
I guess they think they're the funny police. I heard Mully and Haugh this morning say some of the jokes were tasteless as well.

I'm happy to live in a country where all those things said Sunday night were allowed to be said. That roast was awesome. Jeff Ross was right, we need more of them.

Also, isn't Seinfeld known to recycle a lot of material? And he's been recycling for years?

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 3:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Also, isn't Seinfeld known to recycle a lot of material? And he's been recycling for years?

it was probably 15 years ago now, but i saw him do a standup set and basically 2/3 of it was recycled jokes from the show

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 4:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
BD wrote:

Julie's shocking takeaway from the roast was that Brady defended Robert Kraft but not Gisele. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 5:20 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

it was probably 15 years ago now, but i saw him do a standup set and basically 2/3 of it was recycled jokes from the show

It’s just so much fluff.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 6:24 pm 

B&L/P&S talking music during transition not good.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 6:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
BD wrote:
This past week, the show was offended that Jerry Seinfeld said woke/far left people have ruined comedy. They said Seinfeld was out of touch and needed to evolve, what was funny back then is no longer, he should related to his audience, etc. In a way, sort of proving his point.

Then the Tom Brady roast, in which they were again offended by Aaron Hernandez jokes, Brady not being offended by jokes about his marriage....

Not agreeing with Bernstein and his little friend, but Seinfeld has lost the plot. I saw that comedy special he put out about three or four years ago and it was terrible. He just comes off as arrogant and mean. If you're going to be both of those things, you damn well better be funny, he wasn't.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 6:29 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
B&L/P&S talking music during transition not good.

You don’t feel it when Bernsie goes all Beastie Boys?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 6:34 am 

Warren Newson wrote:
BD wrote:

Not agreeing with Bernstein and his little friend, but Seinfeld has lost the plot. I saw that comedy special he put out about three or four years ago and it was terrible. He just comes off as arrogant and mean. If you're going to be both of those things, you damn well better be funny, he wasn't.

but doesn't the second item cited by BD kind of help to prove the first? Not that I rely on Sir or Bernstein to be any more in touch than Seinfeld

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 7:37 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
good dolphin wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
BD wrote:

but doesn't the second item cited by BD kind of help to prove the first? Not that I rely on Sir or Bernstein to be any more in touch than Seinfeld

I'm not saying Seinfeld is wrong about the woke scold thing. His humor always had a certain amount of arrogance in it, but that was balanced out by certain everyman qualities (cereal, cartoons, etc.). I feel that he's shed the everyman qualities and the arrogance has taken center stage.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 7:44 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Warren Newson wrote:

I'm not saying Seinfeld is wrong about the woke scold thing. His humor always had a certain amount of arrogance in it, but that was balanced out by certain everyman qualities (cereal, cartoons, etc.). I feel that he's shed the everyman qualities and the arrogance has taken center stage.

Yeah its one of those instances where the person is 100 % correct in what theyre saying but are also an out of control bordering on insufferable , unlikable , egomaniac too.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:01 am 

Seinfeld has always been the self appointed policeman of other comics, like Cosby if he only limited himself to the statutory kind of rape.

but he is undeniably hip deep in the comedy/entertainment industry, so his observations of his industry require at least a little bit of consideration. He may be wrong, and I do think he is in terms of television, but Sir and Dan aren't the guys whose opinion I'd seek as a counter.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77  Next