It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs
first five minutes Leila claims Midwesterners discovered hail yesterday to which Dan responds he's had two cars ruined by hail. so depressing how they act like she's good at this

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs
also, Larry wearing a suit to go to Sky media day. He's dressing like how they dress up those kid reporters and send them into locker rooms to ask questions as in stadium or social media filler videos. Good luck Larry, I'm sure those women will be very impressed.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 10:35 am 

Ricky11Slade wrote:
also, Larry wearing a suit to go to Sky media day. He's dressing like how they dress up those kid reporters and send them into locker rooms to ask questions as in stadium or social media filler videos. Good luck Larry, I'm sure those women will be very impressed.

He's so funny with his virtue signaling. I wish they'd play a game, giving him photos of players and asking him their names.

Sir will end this day with several more little sisters.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 10:43 am 

:lol: him being around all those females will be major cringe worthy.

Now he is informing of us how important he was to their softball team. He may make a few appearances, but he won't be playing anymore

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 12:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

Ricky11Slade wrote:
first five minutes Leila claims Midwesterners discovered hail yesterday to which Dan responds he's had two cars ruined by hail. so depressing how they act like she's good at this

According to Holmes, Leila makes the show smarter.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 12:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Seinfeld has always been the self appointed policeman of other comics, like Cosby if he only limited himself to the statutory kind of rape.

but he is undeniably hip deep in the comedy/entertainment industry, so his observations of his industry require at least a little bit of consideration. He may be wrong, and I do think he is in terms of television, but Sir and Dan aren't the guys whose opinion I'd seek as a counter.

Seinfeld is just the latest to make that claim about woke/leftists ruining comedy. I think Danny Parkins may even agree with Seinfield. Dan/Laurence think comedians should be more sensitive to what the audience feels is appropriate. Again, I can't imagine living my life thinking everything around me is offensive.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 12:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:

Now he is informing of us how important he was to their softball team. He may make a few appearances, but he won't be playing anymore

He thinks of himself as some sort of ambassador/mentor for Chicago media.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 12:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

Ricky11Slade wrote:

I'm looking forward to hearing what the ratings are for these games. They may be up over a year ago, but if you go from 2 to 4 that's probably a bit deceiving.

They are covering the Sky more than the Blackhawks and White Sox. These teams aren't very interesting either right now, but I would still argue they have fan bases well larger than a WNBA team and probably should be covered more than how they are (TLR, stadium issues, Clevinger....). When a show like this one covers the WNBA/Sky now more regularly, it sort of leads me to thinking they are pushing their own social/woke, etc. agendas.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Are Sky games televised?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 12:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
BD wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Seinfeld has always been the self appointed policeman of other comics, like Cosby if he only limited himself to the statutory kind of rape.

but he is undeniably hip deep in the comedy/entertainment industry, so his observations of his industry require at least a little bit of consideration. He may be wrong, and I do think he is in terms of television, but Sir and Dan aren't the guys whose opinion I'd seek as a counter.

Seinfeld is just the latest to make that claim about woke/leftists ruining comedy. I think Danny Parkins may even agree with Seinfield. Dan/Laurence think comedians should be more sensitive to what the audience feels is appropriate. Again, I can't imagine living my life thinking everything around me is offensive.

I love you BD, but aren't most of your posts here dedicated to railing against B & H precisely precisely because they offend your sensibilities? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 12:59 pm 

BD wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

it's quite the pretzel to think that jerry is out of touch for his thoughts on where comedy is at, then to also condemn the latest roast and say that it was mean and offensive.

but he is actually right about network television (using examples like "mash", "mary tyler moore", "cheers" and "all in the family"). that *is* dead. if you really think you're getting equal quality with "the neighborhood" and "abbott elementary", you're really fooling yourself.

there was some tweet that tried to "pwn" jerry by posting his little clip about all of that, then using "veep" as a counter. first of all, "veep" was on HBO, which wasn't what jerry was talking about (as he himself was on "curb" anyway). it also ended over 5 years ago.

same would go for trying to use "south park" and "it's always sunny". those haven't been in the mainstream in years, and they are on cable channels.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 1:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Beggars
RFDC wrote:

The softball talk. On both shows... Goodness. Nothing is worse then a guy talking about his mens recreational sporting in any setting. I don't know how anyone hasn't put a ban on it yet.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 1:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
BD wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I love you BD, but aren't most of your posts here dedicated to railing against B & H precisely precisely because they offend your sensibilities? :lol:

Ha, I'm not offended by anything they say. They both think they are very intelligent, I share things that they say that are ridiculous, but are insane.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 2:41 pm 

Ricky11Slade wrote:

:lol: Is wearing that flat brim hat too?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 3:11 pm 

Flawless2j wrote:
RFDC wrote:

The softball talk. On both shows... Goodness. Nothing is worse then a guy talking about his mens recreational sporting in any setting. I don't know how anyone hasn't put a ban on it yet.

Sir talking about his physical exploits is peak Lawrence Holmes. I never want him to stop that part of his work.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 4:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Are Sky games televised?

on tape delay

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 5:04 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Bagels wrote:
Are Sky games televised?

on tape delay

So it is like Magic/Bird NBA on CBS. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 6:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Are Sky games televised?

on tape delay

The way they keep hyping up the interest, we seem to be on the verge of a major breakthrough.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 6:30 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
BD wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Are Sky games televised?

on tape delay

The way they keep hyping up the interest, we seem to be on the verge of a major breakthrough.

Like soccer 20 years ago? The world's game?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 6:58 pm 

You don’t have World Cup fever ?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:48 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Nardi wrote:
BD wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Are Sky games televised?

on tape delay

Do they know Caitlin Clark doesn't play for the Sky? She's the interest in the league. There is no interest in the WNBA generally.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 1:12 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
W_Z wrote:
same would go for trying to use "south park" and "it's always sunny". those haven't been in the mainstream in years, and they are on cable channels.

South Park even ran concurrently with Seinfeld for a year or two. It's as much a living fossil as The Simpsons at this point, and maybe even more hated.

But lukewarm "you can't be funny like you used to" takes aren't why people are mad at Jerry Seinfeld. It's because he dated a teenager 30 years ago and supports Israel. There has also been a general backlash against Seinfeld from the media class because they've lost sight of how influential it was after everyone ripped it off. That's how you get this certified brain genius at NPR openly musing whether people will actually watch Seinfeld on Netflix. I don't know, man, this show that's been on in syndication nonstop since before it ended in first run, it just might catch on!

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 7:43 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
W_Z wrote:

South Park even ran concurrently with Seinfeld for a year or two. It's as much a living fossil as The Simpsons at this point, and maybe even more hated.

But lukewarm "you can't be funny like you used to" takes aren't why people are mad at Jerry Seinfeld. It's because he dated a teenager 30 years ago and supports Israel. There has also been a general backlash against Seinfeld from the media class because they've lost sight of how influential it was after everyone ripped it off. That's how you get this certified brain genius at NPR openly musing whether people will actually watch Seinfeld on Netflix. I don't know, man, this show that's been on in syndication nonstop since before it ended in first run, it just might catch on!

that's also the reason for people digging up the story about dating the teenager. besides that, there really isn't any dirt on seinfeld's past or legacy. i'm just waiting for everyone to turn on the show in general, saying "yeah it was never really that good anyway. why do people worship it?"

i saw someone on FB post a meme that had a picture of norm on the left and jerry on the right and it said "you either die a hero" (left) "or live long enough to be the boomer" (right). well, norm being this big hero now is sure funny coming from people who literally canceled him from possibly his last appearance on the "tonight show" because some intern was crying in the offices that he was going to be a guest.

and speaking of this recent thing about howard stern--stern definitely supports israel, but you'd never know it from listening to his show. he could never miss a chance to mock anti-sentimism but i don't think he's mentioned the word "Palestine" once since last year. he famously used to do both a nazi voice and an arab voice when it was all about "killing the jews". now he only does the nazi voice.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 8:10 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
W_Z wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
W_Z wrote:

that's also the reason for people digging up the story about dating the teenager. besides that, there really isn't any dirt on seinfeld's past or legacy. i'm just waiting for everyone to turn on the show in general, saying "yeah it was never really that good anyway. why do people worship it?"

i saw someone on FB post a meme that had a picture of norm on the left and jerry on the right and it said "you either die a hero" (left) "or live long enough to be the boomer" (right). well, norm being this big hero now is sure funny coming from people who literally canceled him from possibly his last appearance on the "tonight show" because some intern was crying in the offices that he was going to be a guest.

and speaking of this recent thing about howard stern--stern definitely supports israel, but you'd never know it from listening to his show. he could never miss a chance to mock anti-sentimism but i don't think he's mentioned the word "Palestine" once since last year. he famously used to do both a nazi voice and an arab voice when it was all about "killing the jews". now he only does the nazi voice.

Im actually a little bit surprised they haven’t come for Julia Louise Dreyfuss over the Soshanna thing. “ Youre a woman and you KNEW she was 17 !! How did you just say nothing !!! “

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 10:22 am 
1000 CLUB

Franky T wrote:
Nardi wrote:
BD wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Are Sky games televised?

on tape delay

Do they know Caitlin Clark doesn't play for the Sky? She's the interest in the league. There is no interest in the WNBA generally.

According to them, the WNBA should capitalize on the new found interest and the Sky should be in prime position with the young stars they have.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 10:37 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
That’s seems like a very reasonable opinion.

Now, the cynical view would be that they’re trying to put the WNBA players in a position where they can’t fail, they can only be failed. If fan interest wanes or doesn’t materialize, it’ll be due to marketing incompetence and not the product itself.

But there’s no doubt they have a chance to do the impossible - make people care about women’s professional basketball. -

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 11:04 am 

BD wrote:
Franky T wrote:

According to them, the WNBA should capitalize on the new found interest and the Sky should be in prime position with the young stars they have.

The "stars" the Sky drafted - one no one knows anything about and the other is a "star" because of her rivalry with Caitlin Clark.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 11:34 am 

Franky T wrote:
BD wrote:
Franky T wrote:

The "stars" the Sky drafted - one no one knows anything about and the other is a "star" because of her rivalry with Caitlin Clark.

idk, Larry said she's part of the core of Chicago superstars along with Bedard and Caleb

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 11:42 am 

Bagels wrote:
Franky T wrote:
BD wrote:
Franky T wrote:

idk, Larry said she's part of the core of Chicago superstars along with Bedard and Caleb

Which one?

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 11:50 am 

That’s seems like a very reasonable opinion.

Now, the cynical view would be that they’re trying to put the WNBA players in a position where they can’t fail, they can only be failed. If fan interest wanes or doesn’t materialize, it’ll be due to marketing incompetence and not the product itself.

But there’s no doubt they have a chance to do the impossible - make people care about women’s professional basketball. -

It’ll be covered like the USWNT. They’re darlings only criticized by men and more specifically straight white MAGA men.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78  Next