It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
denisdman wrote:
Nardi wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Guy knows when to abandon a take.

When society collapses, I'm showing up at his house. Fully confident he's a warlord within a week.

He’ll be eaten by the gays.

I’m heading to Darkside’s even though he’ll shoot me.

Like COVID, the gay-pocalypse will not make it to central WI. You will be fine in Adams county.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

In an interview with Ian Eagle, Dan asks him how he'll adjust to doing games with Rafferty and Grant Hill & how much practice has been done.

Eagle - I've done over 600 games with Rafferty and I was Grant Hill's partner for his first game.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:09 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
denisdman wrote:
Nardi wrote:

When society collapses, I'm showing up at his house. Fully confident he's a warlord within a week.

Nah. I'm much more stabby now.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Darkside wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Nah. I'm much more stabby now.

Ahh so JAGG was more than just a bit. It was an emerging persuasion.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:05 pm 

a genius wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Like COVID, the gay-pocalypse will not make it to central WI. You will be fine in Adams county.

True, COVID’s what got me up here full time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:55 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
It seems certain that Holmes wants to murder Bernstein.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Dan holding up the Washington Post as a beacon of integrity today was something

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Bagels wrote:

So was Larry benevolently offering to give some of his old, soiled and sweat-encrusted White Sox hats to audience members at a remote later this week.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Bagels wrote:

Are you one of those guys that doesn’t trust any major news source and instead goes with items posted on Facebook or twitter?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:26 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
It seems certain that Holmes wants to murder Bernstein.

That would be like the ending of an Agatha Christie novel where everyone in the room is a suspect.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Bagels wrote:

Are you one of those guys that doesn’t trust any major news source and instead goes with items posted on Facebook or twitter?

The Washington Post is garbage. Bernstein holding it up as a beacon of integrity today further solidifies that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:15 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
pittmike wrote:
Earlier this afternoon while they were talking to Ian Eagle Dan let mentioned the kid might want to be a broadcaster. First I heard him say that out loud and explains the dumb podcast thing. I sure hope the boy does it all on his own and there is no daddy help/nepotism.

Is there a place in sports media for a Jewish kid who wasn't terribly good at sports?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Bagels wrote:

no that's JORR

Dan was speaking in his angry voice about how they have armies of lawyers and no story would ever be printed without being vetted by this army of lawyers

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Larry Holmes awkwardly admitted the show has listeners who listen because they hate the show.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:39 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Bagels wrote:

The "twitter" files did show major news sources gathered together with the FBI to gameplan to NOT cover news and bury news. So damn right I'm one of those guys. Jeff Bezos' Blog and The Former Newspaper, if not enemies of the people, are pretty damn close to bring be.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nardi wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Bagels wrote:

The "twitter" files did show major news sources gathered together with the FBI to gameplan to NOT cover news and bury news. So damn right I'm one of those guys. Jeff Bezos' Blog and The Former Newspaper, if not enemies of the people, are pretty damn close to bring be.

That reads just like something someone who doesn’t trust “ credible” news sources like the totally unbiased Washington Post would say

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:31 pm 

BD wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Bagels wrote:

The Washington Post is garbage. Bernstein holding it up as a beacon of integrity today further solidifies that.

:roll:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:06 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Curious Hair wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Earlier this afternoon while they were talking to Ian Eagle Dan let mentioned the kid might want to be a broadcaster. First I heard him say that out loud and explains the dumb podcast thing. I sure hope the boy does it all on his own and there is no daddy help/nepotism.

Is there a place in sports media for a Jewish kid who wasn't terribly good at sports?

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Rolling eyes emotes accompanied by nothing are a surefire sign of someone lacking an argument.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
BD wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Bagels wrote:

Lots of misinformation coming from the Washington Post on regular basis. If you're a liberal, it's right up your line of thinking though, but please don't argue that is not biased in one direction

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:20 pm 

BD wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
BD wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Bagels wrote:

Lots of misinformation coming from the Washington Post on regular basis. If you're a liberal, it's right up your line of thinking though, but please don't argue that is not biased in one direction

There are MANY who can’t separate opinion columns from straight news reporting. There are also those who blame a biased media for anything written that doesn’t fit their preferred narrative. The WSJ is certainly considered a conservative newspaper but that doesn’t mean everything they print is slanted. Claiming bias has become a lazy way to dismiss rather than consider an alternate viewpoint.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:20 pm 

TriColoredPastas wrote:
Rolling eyes emotes accompanied by nothing are a surefire sign of someone lacking an argument.
:roll: whatever. Is that better?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

[quote="Zippy-The-Pinhead"][quote="BD"][quote="Zippy-The-Pinhead"][quote="BD"][quote="Zippy-The-Pinhead"][quote="Bagels"]Dan holding up the Washington Post as a beacon of integrity today was something[/quote]
Are you one of those guys that doesn’t trust any major news source and instead goes with items posted on Facebook or twitter?[/quote]

The Washington Post is garbage. Bernstein holding it up as a beacon of integrity today further solidifies that.[/quote]
:roll:[/quote][/quote]
There are MANY who can’t separate opinion columns from straight news reporting. There are also those who blame a biased media for anything written that doesn’t fit their preferred narrative. The WSJ is certainly considered a conservative newspaper but that doesn’t mean everything they print is slanted. Claiming bias has become a lazy way to dismiss rather than consider an alternate viewpoint.[/quote]

There should be a difference but the media has blurred the lines. Lots of cheerleading in the "hard" news reporters these days.

Of course, not every reporter is biased in their reporting, but way too many are very clearly leaning in 1 direction these days.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:28 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
BD wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
BD wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Bagels wrote:

There are MANY who can’t separate opinion columns from straight news reporting. There are also those who blame a biased media for anything written that doesn’t fit their preferred narrative. The WSJ is certainly considered a conservative newspaper but that doesn’t mean everything they print is slanted. Claiming bias has become a lazy way to dismiss rather than consider an alternate viewpoint.

It’s a good point because I can read the NY Time and WSJ and understand their perspective on a given issue in their reporting. And of course, the WSJ’s regular stories are much less biased than some of the trash I read in their opinion page. I would like to think that most of us can read something and understand that the writer (like the reader) has a perspective that influences what is in print.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Fetishizing legacy media as truth tellers - particularly after the last 8 or so years - is insane.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:04 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Fetishizing legacy media as truth tellers - particularly after the last 8 or so years - is insane.

I could put up dozens of malfeasances by Jeff Bezos' Blog. Let me be clear. The entire rag is a blog. I'll start with one and then continue if need be.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/washingto ... tter-files

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:31 pm 

They're Cubs fans. They have been happily lapping up biased media since at least 1981

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:49 pm 

Yeah but can you believe what Trump said the other day? And what will happen to our country if he is elected?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:21 am 
1000 CLUB

Apparently, Caleb has a pink phone case and this is bringing back his nail painting.

They haven't took it there fully yet, but Lawrence wasn't sure if he should address the culture wars because it brings attention to bad people, but with Caleb coming to Chicago, we may need to re-examine traditional understandings of gender that Caleb may challenge.

I think Parkins went into the culture wars on his show

Who better than discussing these issues without toxic masculinity than Bernstein, Holmes, Parkins and Spiegal?

The same people who can't define a woman are now going to be upset that some fans don't like Caleb painting his nails

It's going to be a fantastic few weeks coming up if they decide to put their SJW caps on as a station

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:17 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
BD wrote:
Apparently, Caleb has a pink phone case and this is bringing back his nail painting.

They haven't took it there fully yet, but Lawrence wasn't sure if he should address the culture wars because it brings attention to bad people, but with Caleb coming to Chicago, we may need to re-examine traditional understandings of gender that Caleb may challenge.

I think Parkins went into the culture wars on his show

Who better than discussing these issues without toxic masculinity than Bernstein, Holmes, Parkins and Spiegal?

The same people who can't define a woman are now going to be upset that some fans don't like Caleb painting his nails

It's going to be a fantastic few weeks coming up if they decide to put their SJW caps on as a station

Rember that back in the day they used to run a disclaimer on some broadcasts, something like "Caller Bob's views do not represent (insert media outlet) views", the more applicable disclaimer for WSCR would be something like, "Larry Holmes views do not represent the views on anyone with a palpable radial pulse".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74  Next