It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 74  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:32 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
People really have gotten dumber since Covid

The people who get it right don't have to evaluate the position for another decade

The worst evaluators are the front offices who get to pick the position most often.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Saw a reel on Instagram from the Score and in it Leery takes an admonishing tone to Bears fans saying that he hopes those same people who analyzed Justin Fields "use the same barometer" with Caleb Williams. Stuff like "watch game tape" and "freeze some stills" and point out "this guy was open". Like...what's he so pissy about? That Justin Fields was analyzed using game tape of him missing wide open receivers?

It still sounds like he's trying to backdoor his way into a racism gotcha aimed at Bears fans for...watching film...of another black QB?

He wants you to look at those nebulous never defined things that no one sees but them that tell you "well ackshually Fields is good !! " theyve been using as their justification as to why theyre so attached to his nut sack.

Holmes seems to be aware of the Youtube all-22 breakdowns that go on every week. Why does he think this won't happen for the #1 pick in the NFL draft? If anything, it will intensify.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Leery now stumping for Russell Wilson for the second day in a row.

Also odd. He was much more in the camp attacking Russell Wilson last season.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
has Loho given his opinion on the comps of Fields and (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky? The mental gymnastics involved in complaining about (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is because hes not a good QB (some numbers equal to, or better than Fields over the same time span) and complaining about Fields/wanting to draft a new QB is racism?

Bernstein did point out to him that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was a pro bowl QB. Holmes didn't address it. I don't think he thinks Mitch is anywhere near Fields.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
BD wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Leery now stumping for Russell Wilson for the second day in a row.

Also odd. He was much more in the camp attacking Russell Wilson last season.

He went on some bizarre tangent yesterday about how Dan would do well to not criticize Wilson because balck women love him given his willingness to father Future’s child.

Today it was how he’s the ideal QB for the modern game.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Tad Queasy wrote:
Parkins and Spiegel just referenced the Bucky Brooks tweet saying it was "really, really good."

Although I don’t think Brooks was specifically referring to Fields I can guarantee you Parkins and Spiegel were. Just another version of the Bears didn’t design the proper offense around the great Fields for him to succeed. Im guessing the Bears saw his college tape and figured he’d be able to execute the basics of the position , go thru his progressions, throw the ball when the receiver is open, complete check downs when being blitzed , dont be a fumble machine , etc and when it became apparent he couldn’t do those things its their fault for not running a wishbone offense..

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
badrogue17 wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Parkins and Spiegel just referenced the Bucky Brooks tweet saying it was "really, really good."

Although I don’t think Brooks was specifically referring to Fields I can guarantee you Parkins and Spiegel were. Just another version of the Bears didn’t design the proper offense around the great Fields for him to succeed. Im guessing the Bears saw his college tape and figured he’d be able to execute the basics of the position , go thru his progressions, throw the ball when the receiver is open, complete check downs when being blitzed , dont be a fumble machine , etc and when it became apparent he couldn’t do those things its their fault for not running a wishbone offense..

That's the thing, I don't think there's a "Everyone's Open, All The Time" playbook circulating in the NFL. Even ones that feature the magic Moving Pocket. Guys did get open, some absurdly so, and Fields seemed to struggle with making the proper inferences about what coverage the defense was likely to be running, and/or where pressure would come from, and thus which routes in the called play would/could be open. We know this because we saw plenty of guys get open on the All-22, and Fields either missed them entirely or looked their way and failed to anticipate where they'd break free, or in the worst cases, looked at guys who are open (or should be for an NFL QB) and he patted the ball waiting for them to get MORE open.

This isn't to say that the offensive plays called were done so as efficiently, or even designed as efficiently, as they could be. They probably were not on both counts, and Getsy was rightly sent packing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:35 am 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Would you check out the race-baiting, anti-woke, wannabe "own the Libs crusader as he "does his thing" in rarefied air so to speak. All speculative, projecting bullshit pertaining to what he knows that the host (conveniently what the black host) "will soon be saying". Even when this blithering idiot discusses sports, his racist bullshit always just happens to come to the forefront. Each and everytime

Saw a reel on Instagram from the Score and in it Leery takes an admonishing tone to Bears fans saying that he hopes those same people who analyzed Justin Fields "use the same barometer" with Caleb Williams. Stuff like "watch game tape" and "freeze some stills" and point out "this guy was open". Like...what's he so pissy about? That Justin Fields was analyzed using game tape of him missing wide open receivers?

It still sounds like he's trying to backdoor his way into a racism gotcha aimed at Bears fans for...watching film...of another black QB?

If he really is building to saying into a microphone that "You are evaluating these two black QBs differently and that makes you a racist" he really needs to evaluate what all this "sports receive a significant imprint from the politics of the day" shit has done to his brain. Same if the claim eventually morphs into "Bears fans would have been happy with Bagent being named the full time starter, so it doesn't matter if they replacement they clamored for is also black, wanting a black QB to lose his job is racist".

So I'd bet there's a little bit of residual anger from Leery at how much "he needs more weapons!" time Mitchell got compared with Justin. And maybe Mitch got to run out that clock just a little bit longer than Fields did (except in both cases the team in some manner declined the final year option on both at the same time, Mitch was just allowed to start...and then promptly benched), but they also didn't have much draft capital at the top of drafts when Mitch was clearly faltering, and when they did they went and got Fields.

Basically, Leery is fuming and itching to call people racists because Mitch got 12 more starts than Fields did before being shown the door.

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:44 am 

So Leery’s rabid defense of Fields has nothing to do with the fact that Fields is black ? That If Bagent were the starter with the exact same stats as Fields he would bw going to the mat for him like he does everyday with Fields ?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:52 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
So Leery’s rabid defense of Fields has nothing to do with the fact that Fields is black ? That If Bagent were the starter with the exact same stats as Fields he would bw going to the mat for him like he does everyday with Fields ?

More race baiting "speculation" on what he might say. Which invariably always involves what MANY "expect" him to say. And "why" they expect him to say it. Shocking!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:54 am 

The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Would you check out the race-baiting, anti-woke, wannabe "own the Libs crusader as he "does his thing" in rarefied air so to speak. All speculative, projecting bullshit pertaining to what he knows that the host (conveniently what the black host) "will soon be saying". Even when this blithering idiot discusses sports, his racist bullshit always just happens to come to the forefront. Each and everytime

Yes, I think the host who compared the racial politics of the Bears owners to the racial politics of another NFL owner, and who is consistently reminding fans they need to be consistent in how they evaluated Fields versus how they evaluate any new QB, is likely to be viewing the decision to move on from Justin Fields through a racial lens. Call me crazy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs
badrogue17 wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Brooks was very close to realizing something with that tweet, which is that throwing the ball as much as teams without great QBs do is not actually very smart, despite the fact that media members say "the NFL is a passing league" over and over and over again. The spreadsheet nerds have led us to passing all the time without understanding why that's not really very efficient for the talent pool the NFL has.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:40 am 

Yes, I think the host who compared the racial politics of the Bears owners to the racial politics of another NFL owner, and who is consistently reminding fans they need to be consistent in how they evaluated Fields versus how they evaluate any new QB, is likely to be viewing the decision to move on from Justin Fields through a racial lens. Call me crazy.

No what I will call you is a bigot. And a dude constantly in search of a "racial" angle even where one doesn't exist. And the "intuitive" way in which you always know that "da blacks" are in search of an angle which paints them.as perpetual "victims", even as you are the clown always in search of a "white male grievance" lane, is always the true telltale when it comes to your bigotry. Each of your first 3 posts on this PUSHED YOUR ",RACIAL" AGENDA and not Holmes's.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:07 am 

No what I will call you is a bigot. And a dude constantly in search of a "racial" angle even where one doesn't exist.

How do you know that Holmes' love and defense of Fields and his dismay at how fans "analyzed" his play decidedly isn't rooted in Holmes' racial politicking? He seems to talk about race a good bit, even and especially when it comes to the Bears.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:55 am 

No what I will call you is a bigot. And a dude constantly in search of a "racial" angle even where one doesn't exist.

How do you know that Holmes' love and defense of Fields and his dismay at how fans "analyzed" his play decidedly isn't rooted in Holmes' racial politicking? He seems to talk about race a good bit, even and especially when it comes to the Bears.

How do we know that your opposition to Fields and his play isn't "rooted to your white male grievance" inspired racial politicking? Well until you once again played your card, we didn't.
And it is noteworthy that your first instinct in these situations (when it involves da blacks) is to always jump to conclusions and "presume" to know what "WE" will say, or you "think" we will say. Even when what "WE" says runs counter to what you believe we'll, you will argue and proclaim that "WE" really don't mean it.

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:59 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Quote:
[Leery] seems to talk about race a good bit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:12 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

More ",reflexive" white male grievance "victimhood" posturing from one of the "Solidarity" members of this board. I'm sure that JLN and quite a few others are just "peachy" to always know that have the support of one, Phantom Frank

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:
[Leery] seems to talk about race a good bit

today it was back to Dan...lamenting on how these pre-draft activities only exist to keep old racist white men employed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Bagels wrote:
today it was back to Dan...lamenting on how these pre-draft activities only exist to keep old racist white men employed.

Pass him that mirror…

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:25 pm 

How do we know that your opposition to Fields and his play isn't "rooted to your white male grievance" inspired racial politicking? Well until you once again played your card, we didn't.
And it is noteworthy that your first instinct in these situations (when it involves da blacks) is to always jump to conclusions and "presume" to know what "WE" will say, or you "think" we will say. Even when what "WE" says runs counter to what you believe we'll, you will argue and proclaim that "WE" really don't mean it.

1. I've said the same things about Dan Bernstein's motivations being rooted in racial politicking. Dan Bernstein is white.

2. Has Holmes said that race plays no part in his analysis of the entire saga of Justin Fields and the Chicago Bears?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Earlier this afternoon while they were talking to Ian Eagle Dan let mentioned the kid might want to be a broadcaster. First I heard him say that out loud and explains the dumb podcast thing. I sure hope the boy does it all on his own and there is no daddy help/nepotism.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:43 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Earlier this afternoon while they were talking to Ian Eagle Dan let mentioned the kid might want to be a broadcaster. First I heard him say that out loud and explains the dumb podcast thing. I sure hope the boy does it all on his own and there is no daddy help/nepotism.

Lol really. Of course he is going to help his kid. All decent parents want their kids to do well. That’s why this whole privilege thing is such bologna. Any person of means is going to do what he can to help his kids get ahead. To otherwise would be bad parenting. Instead of blaming absent parents for not helping their kids, we blame the parents who help their kids.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
"he's developing his national voice"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:03 pm 

denisdman wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Lol really. Of course he is going to help his kid. All decent parents want their kids to do well. That’s why this whole privilege thing is such bologna. Any person of means is going to do what he can to help his kids get ahead. To otherwise would be bad parenting. Instead of blaming absent parents for not helping their kids, we blame the parents who help their kids.

Not to mention the privilege of having the luxury of going into a career where maybe one percent of the one percent are able to actually do well enough to earn a decent living, knowing that you have wealthy parents to fall back on if you don’t make it

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:04 pm 

Bagels wrote:

Great voice today?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:05 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
denisdman wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Not sure why being of "means" has anything to do with wanting to help your kid? I think any decent parent wants to do the same. And one does not have to look too far for examples of nepotism. Sports (how many coaches give their dubiously qualified sons jobs?) Broadcasting (Collingsworth and Olczyk come immediately to mind), public jobs (police, fire, public works), and in my own world, the restaurant business. MANY get in to places because of family or friends.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:08 pm 

I simply meant that many think it’s bad that well off parents help their kids along whether it be test prep or job connections. My point was that more concern should be over parents who do nothing and/or are not involved at all.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
a genius wrote:
denisdman wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Not sure why being of "means" has anything to do with wanting to help your kid? I think any decent parent wants to do the same. And one does not have to look too far for examples of nepotism. Sports (how many coaches give their dubiously qualified sons jobs?) Broadcasting (Collingsworth and Olczyk come immediately to mind), public jobs (police, fire, public works), and in my own world, the restaurant business. MANY get in to places because of family or friends.

My comments are sarcasm as Bernsie is the loudest voice against (some) nepotism.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:52 pm 

Bagels wrote:

"After the events that transpired recently, I have decided to kneel through transition, brought to you by DraftKings."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 74  Next