It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 77  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Leery wants everybody to know that there’s a finite amount of QBs coming out, which really makes you think.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Saw a reel on Instagram from the Score and in it Leery takes an admonishing tone to Bears fans saying that he hopes those same people who analyzed Justin Fields "use the same barometer" with Caleb Williams. Stuff like "watch game tape" and "freeze some stills" and point out "this guy was open". Like...what's he so pissy about? That Justin Fields was analyzed using game tape of him missing wide open receivers?

It still sounds like he's trying to backdoor his way into a racism gotcha aimed at Bears fans for...watching film...of another black QB?

That’s exactly what he’s doing.

Implicit in all this is a desire to see Williams fail so Leery can do an “I told you so” bit, only he doesn’t get that Fields has been a bad NFL QB. Such is the depth of his emotional attachment to a professional athlete, he’d rather lose with Fields than win without him.

If he really is building to saying into a microphone that "You are evaluating these two black QBs differently and that makes you a racist" he really needs to evaluate what all this "sports receive a significant imprint from the politics of the day" shit has done to his brain. Same if the claim eventually morphs into "Bears fans would have been happy with Bagent being named the full time starter, so it doesn't matter if they replacement they clamored for is also black, wanting a black QB to lose his job is racist".

Caleb is an uncle tom, that's the problem

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:16 pm 

Leery now stumping for Russell Wilson for the second day in a row.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
has Loho given his opinion on the comps of Fields and (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky? The mental gymnastics involved in complaining about (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is because hes not a good QB (some numbers equal to, or better than Fields over the same time span) and complaining about Fields/wanting to draft a new QB is racism?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Anthropology as applied to quarterbacks is riveting.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
has Loho given his opinion on the comps of Fields and (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky? The mental gymnastics involved in complaining about (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is because hes not a good QB (some numbers equal to, or better than Fields over the same time span) and complaining about Fields/wanting to draft a new QB is racism?

Honey I got two words for you, “Audacy app”.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:38 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Anthropology as applied to quarterbacks is riveting.

Do I need say those famous three words?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
A bunch of white guys turned on Fields and a bunch of black guys said, "Wait a sec. What happened to the legitimate excuses for Justin? Looks like the same legitimate excuses to us." Then another bunch of white guys jumped in to ally and took over that narrative as they obviously are more well spoken. Some of those allies took the NFL's decision on Fields and accepted it but with the caveat things woulda coulda shoulda been different and also the original white guys who turned on Fields also marched in Charlotte.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Bagels wrote:
Saw a reel on Instagram from the Score and in it Leery takes an admonishing tone to Bears fans saying that he hopes those same people who analyzed Justin Fields "use the same barometer" with Caleb Williams. Stuff like "watch game tape" and "freeze some stills" and point out "this guy was open". Like...what's he so pissy about? That Justin Fields was analyzed using game tape of him missing wide open receivers?

It still sounds like he's trying to backdoor his way into a racism gotcha aimed at Bears fans for...watching film...of another black QB?

That’s exactly what he’s doing.

Implicit in all this is a desire to see Williams fail so Leery can do an “I told you so” bit, only he doesn’t get that Fields has been a bad NFL QB. Such is the depth of his emotional attachment to a professional athlete, he’d rather lose with Fields than win without him.

If he really is building to saying into a microphone that "You are evaluating these two black QBs differently and that makes you a racist" he really needs to evaluate what all this "sports receive a significant imprint from the politics of the day" shit has done to his brain. Same if the claim eventually morphs into "Bears fans would have been happy with Bagent being named the full time starter, so it doesn't matter if they replacement they clamored for is also black, wanting a black QB to lose his job is racist".

Caleb is an uncle tom, that's the problem

Larry says Caleb is a "disrupter" (just like Trump)!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:49 pm 

has Loho given his opinion on the comps of Fields and (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky? The mental gymnastics involved in complaining about (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is because hes not a good QB (some numbers equal to, or better than Fields over the same time span) and complaining about Fields/wanting to draft a new QB is racism?

They had a brief exchange to that effect yesterday.

LoHo was doing the thing where he lists Fields’ positive attributes: strong arm, athletic, great runner, teammates like him, etc. Bernstein said something like “all of those things could apply to Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.”

Leery responded that Fields is the better player, to which Bernsie noted that Mitchell went to a pro bowl. LoHo scoffed and moved on.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:55 pm 

It is amusing how vested Larry seems to be in Fields. I have my favorite player on my favorite team in my favorite- Javier Baez- but when he stopped hitting baseballs effectively, I moved on. You can fall in love with a player but need to recognize when they are done and/or not good enough.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
has Loho given his opinion on the comps of Fields and (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky? The mental gymnastics involved in complaining about (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is because hes not a good QB (some numbers equal to, or better than Fields over the same time span) and complaining about Fields/wanting to draft a new QB is racism?

LoHo was doing the thing where he lists Fields’ positive attributes: strong arm, athletic, great runner, teammates like him, etc. Bernstein said something like “all of those things could apply to Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.”

Leery responded that Fields is the better player, to which Bernsie noted that Mitchell went to a pro bowl. LoHo scoffed and moved on.

But if you ignore the self-sacks, missed throws, inaccuracy, and lack of fourth quarter success, Bustin is a better player than Mitch and it isn't even close.

Also: Dan's points are not accepted. He can't say this stuff until he admits he was wrong on Fields.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:59 pm 

denisdman wrote:
It is amusing how vested Larry seems to be in Fields. I have my favorite player on my favorite team in my favorite- Javier Baez- but when he stopped hitting baseballs effectively, I moved on. You can fall in love with a player but need to recognize when they are done and/or not good enough.

After listening to the full show yesterday, I think Fields has sufficient grounds for a restraining order.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:01 pm 

denisdman wrote:

After listening to the full show yesterday, I think Fields has sufficient grounds for a restraining order.

Lol. Luckily he’s not “walking around Pilsen”. And as I reported last fall, his house off Cuba that was next to one I owned in Barrington was up for sale. Not sure if it ever sold.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
denisdman wrote:

will it end the moment Caleb is drafted? as in it's just show filler for now?
if they keep going on about Fields after the season starts, that would be rough

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Bagels wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Here's the scenarios as I see them:

Williams excels = "well, if they surrounded Fields with this much talent he would have succeeded too, and it'd be even better with Fields because he's a better runner than Caleb"

Williams is average = "well, if you kept Fields then we'd be at a better place than we are now with this rookie trying to learn the game. Fields was already at this point when we let him go and had a ton of toom to grow, too."

Williams sucks = "I told you so, should have kept Fields."

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:09 pm 

They will probably move on until such time as Fields starts and plays well or if Caleb struggles like Bryce Young.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:10 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Bagels wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Here's the scenarios as I see them:

Williams excels = "well, if they surrounded Fields with this much talent he would have succeeded too, and it'd be even better with Fields because he's a better runner than Caleb"

Williams is average = "well, if you kept Fields then we'd be at a better place than we are now with this rookie trying to learn the game. Fields was already at this point when we let him go and had a ton of toom to grow, too."

Williams sucks = "I told you so, should have kept Fields."

Captain Kirk did not believe in the no win scenario.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
has Loho given his opinion on the comps of Fields and (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky? The mental gymnastics involved in complaining about (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is because hes not a good QB (some numbers equal to, or better than Fields over the same time span) and complaining about Fields/wanting to draft a new QB is racism?

LoHo was doing the thing where he lists Fields’ positive attributes: strong arm, athletic, great runner, teammates like him, etc. Bernstein said something like “all of those things could apply to Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.”

So I'd bet there's a little bit of residual anger from Leery at how much "he needs more weapons!" time Mitchell got compared with Justin. And maybe Mitch got to run out that clock just a little bit longer than Fields did (except in both cases the team in some manner declined the final year option on both at the same time, Mitch was just allowed to start...and then promptly benched), but they also didn't have much draft capital at the top of drafts when Mitch was clearly faltering, and when they did they went and got Fields.

Basically, Leery is fuming and itching to call people racists because Mitch got 12 more starts than Fields did before being shown the door.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
denisdman wrote:

As evidenced in the post above yours , the reason Leery ( Goff, Herb Lawrence, etc) are so all in on and wont countenance any criticism of Fields is blatantly obvious and has been from jump not to mention , let your typical white commentator praise Fields “ athleticism and great running “ in descibing H1M and oooh boy , the dogs at the shelter would start going crazy.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:31 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
denisdman wrote:

As evidenced in the post above yours , the reason Leery ( Goff, Herb Lawrence, etc) are so all in on and wont countenance any criticism of Fields is blatantly obvious and has been from jump not to mention , let your typical white commentator praise Fields “ athleticism and great running “ in descibing H1M and oooh boy , the dogs at the shelter would start going crazy.

Or maybe Michael Vick just walked in.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

None of the fans opinions on Fields matters. The only one that matters is Our GM. So it must mean that Larry thinks Poles is an Uncle Tom. He’s the one that gave up on him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
People really have gotten dumber since Covid

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

Not true. I guarantee you the same percentage of college players sucked in the NFL in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s as they do today.

The NFL is not easy because everybody is good. In college it’s easy to be a great QB because 98% of your defensive competition won’t be in the NFL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Parkins and Spiegel just referenced the Bucky Brooks tweet saying it was "really, really good."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
Not true. I guarantee you the same percentage of college players sucked in the NFL in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s as they do today.

The NFL is not easy because everybody is good. In college it’s easy to be a great QB because 98% of your defensive competition won’t be in the NFL

There are significantly more teams today than there were in the 70s or 80s, so obviously the quality of play--and of players--has been diluted.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:17 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
People really have gotten dumber since Covid

He’s right. Mac Jones got screwed over.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:22 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Beardown wrote:

There are significantly more teams today than there were in the 70s or 80s, so obviously the quality of play--and of players--has been diluted.

In 1975, there were 26 teams. Today there are 32, a ~19% increase.

In 1975, the US had a population of 216m people. In 2023, that figure was up ~57% to 340m.

It is not at all obvious that a larger number of people competing for a comparatively smaller number of spots would lead to talent dilution.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Tall Midget wrote:
Beardown wrote:

In 1975, the US had a population of 216m people. In 2023, that figure was up ~57% to 340m.

It is not at all obvious that a larger number of people competing for a comparatively smaller number of spots would lead to talent dilution.

Plus they let more balck guys play qb also.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Fair point, but participation in high school football has declined by something like 20% in the past 15 years or so alone, and more than that over the past 30 years. The talent pool is diluted, the season is too long, roster sizes are too small, and the collective bargaining agreement sucks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 77  Next