It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Caught a bit of Hub's segment today during a day off jog and it really sounds like Hub is watching an entirely different season than everyone else.

He starts out by saying he doesn't understand people that challenge Nagy's process of naming team captains, get challenged by Rahimi and then says he doesn't agree with Nagy's process for naming team captains...huh..a not so rare who you crappin from the Hubster in about a five minute segment.

Then he goes into what a good coach Nagy is and how talented Pace is and then in what was one of the more embarrassing segments of McKaskey family butt kissing in WSCR history talks about how the fans don't understand how incredibly intelligent George McKaskey is because he, "does not come across well in public". That was a reach even for Hub, but again have to give Rahimi credit because she instantly challenged him, and of course Hub had to backpedal, kept waiting for his fellow tribesman to rescue him, but even Bernstein seemed surprised by Hub's bizarre take on the season.

In the days when the station was actually entertaining, shows like The Monsters and Heavy Fuel crew would replay Hub's idiotic thoughts all day and barbecue him for just being a goof, but in the Xanax era score nobody will notice.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Hub's captain take answering Leila was more of his Nagy ass kissing. He was very patronizing to her when he started the story. Hub gives some good Bears insight usually. But, he's making a fool of himself fake praising his meal ticket (George. Pace, & Nagy). Got to applaud Leila for standing her ground. Then Hub yes does a complete reversal on captains. Hub says he'd like to help Nagy write his autobiography? What the hell was that? Then Hub praises Nagy's play calling. 10 seconds later he points out Sundays bad plays called. Seems like Bernstein really took it easy on Hub with all his strange comments, and back peddling.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:36 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
On one hand I think this is a little interesting and then I wonder why do I fucking care about any of these people?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:31 am 
1000 CLUB

Yeah. Hub is weird with his thoughts. Always has been. Always will be. You always think the so called NFL experts are smart and in the know. Not with Hub. I'm smarter then him when it comes to the NFL. So are you.

Hub is always trying to keep friends. That's obviously clear with him. I don't understand that. He's a made man. I get it from a young guy in the business. But Hub is in his late 60s and has been doing this NFL shit for years. No need for him to be a kiss ass. But he feels the need to do so.

He was a kiss ass when he worked for the Bears. Then when he got fired he went evil on them. Then he went back to being a kiss ass.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:43 am 

Quite an interesting picture of the current state of the station, and how disconnected their "Senior football expert" is from the teams fans. I mean everyone you talk to, even the most casual of fan thinks Pace/Nagy are gone, the more rabid fans think the entire organization needs to be blown up, then you have Hub, who doesn't seem to talk to regular fans, or even regular people very often putting out this almost insane defense of the team.

How in hell can Bernstein/Parkins/Holmes/Spiegs spew the "thinking fans station" line when they continually put guys on the air that have worst sports thoughts than even the most casual fan.

The station has gone from guys like North and Uncle Terry who certainly did not have impressive sheep skins on their wall, but at least gave you a few good sports thoughts from time to time, or at least exposed the goofs in the media that were pushing the team line, have to give credit to Rahimi for actually challenging Hub's idiotic Bears thoughts.

I know some that post here are apparently terrified of confrontation in their own lives, so are scared by people yakking on the radio actually disagreeing and maybe busting each other on air, but how in the hell can you have a sports talk radio station in Chicago put dudes on air that are so completely separated from reality that they put dumb sports thoughts out there that insult the intelligence of even the people they look down on as "dumb".

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:15 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Anything involving the McCaskeys Hub treads lightly. Hub during phone calls bursted how people don't realize how intelligent, and wonderful George is. He just won't cut his own throat. But, it sounds Les like stupid unfortunately. Reminds me of when Murph would go after crazy Joe Maddon. Then, his buddy Jesse Rogers coauthored a book with crazy Joe. Joe now all of a sudden was great in Murph's eyes.

Last edited by vitoscotti on Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:24 am 

I guess at a macro level its pretty obvious to anyone who has listened for a while that the current "thinking fans station" line is utter BS, in fact many of the current hosts have not had an original sports thought in their lives.

That said, the primary reason I consume any sports talk media is to hear a take that nobody else has considered, most would be completely goofs, but really miss the days when Uncle Terry would give you a nugget, especially about baseball, that you really had not heard or thought about before, or when hosts would challenge each or especially the team spokespeople when they would spout something that obviously was not true.

One of the more entertaining things I've started to do with little Claw is make fun of Millennial talk, the younger kids realize all this PC crap and everyone trying to agree and be nice is completely bogus and they will eventually kill cancel culture in a few years.