It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

My black ass predicted this was gonna be her end game once she got to the SCORE. She never wanted to do this radio bullshit. It was just a stop gap for her in her mind to make a living. She was always hunting to be a TV girl. And she got it. Good for her.

As always, my sports media predictions/thoughts are right.

(By the way, I'm not black. I just like saying that I'm black.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:51 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Good for her. Made the right move. The score is just a step on the ladder.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:00 am 

It was always going to end this way. This is both what she is best at and how she can earn the most money. It is probably also the ceiling to her career. Things could be worse than making decent coin over the next 25 years for five minutes of work each night. They can never fire her unless she screws up.

Sir no longer has to report his romantic interest in his little sister to HR.

I'm looking forward to two things from Lawrence today:

1. He was being considered for the job but chose to remove his name from consideration; and,

2. He takes some credit for the advancement in her career.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:31 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Get the feeling that most of the current hosts are just trying to hold on as long as they can because they see the industry continuing to slowly fade away over the next 5-10 years.

That said, Larry must be especially concerned, it would seem the only reason to obtain a masters for him would be to access a full time teaching gig at a community college or university, but it looks like he has not taught anything at DePaul since 2018, so that does not seem to be going anywhere.

Did enjoy it when Rahimi would bust Bernstein for having bad sports thoughts, the station may be able to become at least somewhat entertaining if they get away from the "Smart Fans", idiocy they trot out there all day long because the hosts are so incapable of putting out anything close unique or entertaining sports talk radio content these days that the entire "Smart Fans" campaign is an insult to actual smart sports fans.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:34 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Clawmaster wrote:
Get the feeling that most of the current hosts are just trying to hold on as long as they can because they see the industry continuing to slowly fade away over the next 5-10 years.

That said, Larry must be especially concerned, it would seem the only reason to obtain a masters for him would be to access a full time teaching gig at a community college or university, but it looks like he has not taught anything at DePaul since 2018, so that does not seem to be going anywhere.

Did enjoy it when Rahimi would bust Bernstein for having bad sports thoughts, the station may be able to become at least somewhat entertaining if they get away from the "Smart Fans", idiocy they trot out there all day long because the hosts are so incapable of putting out anything close unique or entertaining sports talk radio content these days that the entire "Smart Fans" campaign is an insult to actual smart sports fans.

The alternative though is to have the fans talking to fans thing again and that too closely resembles Barstools content and they’re aren’t enough fainting couches at the Score or in the homes of the listeners they currently have to allow that to happen.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:41 am 

Shes even hotter now. Why even stay for wednesdays. Fuck those clows you work 3min a day now. U got it made babe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
badrogue17 wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

The alternative though is to have the fans talking to fans thing again and that too closely resembles Barstools content and they’re aren’t enough fainting couches at the Score or in the homes of the listeners they currently have to allow that to happen.

You could create a very entertaining station if you just scooped up the older guys who are working on the margins in media. North, Murph, Fred, Mac, Giangreco, Ofman and Rozner. It would be a 1000% better listen than what's trotted out on a daily basis at the current 2 stations.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:20 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
the fans talking to fans thing again and that too closely resembles Barstools content

that perfectly sums up what i don't like about barstool. it's a bunch of douchebros talking over each other and all of them sound like that gaggle of assholes at the bar that won't shut the fuck up and get louder throughout the day.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
W_Z wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
the fans talking to fans thing again and that too closely resembles Barstools content

that perfectly sums up what i don't like about barstool. it's a bunch of douchebros talking over each other and all of them sound like that gaggle of assholes at the bar that won't shut the fuck up and get louder throughout the day.

Won't argue, but that's why I don't care for more than 2 hosts at a time. Nothing wrong with taking callers, but there is a point where too many voices trip over each other and it gets annoying.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:54 am 

IkeSouth wrote:
Shes even hotter now. Why even stay for wednesdays. Fuck those clows you work 3min a day now. U got it made babe

probably radio contract mandated and it will end in 30-60 days

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
W_Z wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

This.

It’s also the reason I can’t listen to the McAfee show, and I actually like McAfee.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
good dolphin wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

probably radio contract mandated and it will end in 30-60 days

I could see her continue to do it even after her full time gig starts. Giangreco was on W&S every day, albeit later in the day. One side gig until Bernstein either gets a new partner or a new time slot isn't that much of a lift. Although I think it will eventually be just the 11am hour.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:45 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
badrogue17 wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

This is exactly what I was thinking when I read Claw's comments. What is the opposite of "smart radio"? Not that I agree that it's a problem. Personally, those are the conversations I enjoy the most.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:33 pm 

she will do 1 day a week at the score until they find a new partner for yes man bernstien.

should be another chick too. a hot one again. that was nice. would be really cool to get a former WNBA player on his side. hes good with basketball thoughts and would be great to finally get him a partner that shares the same interest.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Augie wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

You could create a very entertaining station if you just scooped up the older guys who are working on the margins in media. North, Murph, Fred, Mac, Giangreco, Ofman and Rozner. It would be a 1000% better listen than what's trotted out on a daily basis at the current 2 stations.

No. No you couldn’t. This type of thought comes up at least once per year and it only gets worse with age.

Last edited by Zippy-The-Pinhead on Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Clawmaster wrote:

I’m not sure if it’s at DePaul, but LoHo has recently referenced being back in the classroom (as a teacher).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:09 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Augie wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

No. No you couldn’t. This type of thought comes up at least once per year and it only gets worse with age.

Exactly. Those would terrible full-time shows. People get nostalgic and think what they enjoyed 20 years ago would be enjoyable today. All those guys lost their fastballs and some weren't even that good to start with. Now if you want to have them in a some sort of rotating guest segments, that might work. I have enjoyed the Score Stories that have been on the Parkins and Spiegel show.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:52 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
DAC wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Augie wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Exactly. Those would terrible full-time shows. People get nostalgic and think what they enjoyed 20 years ago would be enjoyable today. All those guys lost their fastballs and some weren't even that good to start with. Now if you want to have them in a some sort of rotating guest segments, that might work. I have enjoyed the Score Stories that have been on the Parkins and Spiegel show.

Sorry, disagree. Those guys at 40% of their best and at a slower pace would be more entertaining than the current crop. Local sports radio is just a bad listen these days.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:54 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
It is gratifying, and ironic that a attractive, bland gravelly voiced female recent addition of the Score would skyrocket to a huge career upgrade solely based on her looks and being a poc over homely male hosts that helped destroy the Score with mandated liberal agenda.