It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

I've always said that.

After Boers they gave him Goff, McDoink and Leila. All bad.

He doesn't need a partner. They're intimidated by him and just nod their heads to whatever he says. No point to have somebody doing that. Plus it would save the SCORE money not to have a "yes man" next to him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:51 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
nobody cares

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Beardown wrote:
I've always said that.

He doesn't need a partner. They're intimidated by him and just nod their heads to whatever he says. No point to have somebody doing that. Plus it would save the SCORE money not to have a "yes man" next to him.

He's the same level of bad with or without a partner. It's mid-day, so I'm rarely listening anyway.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Rongey or Rozner would be my choice off the top of my head. Hell, Bernstein and Rozner would challenge Parkins and Spiegel for my listening preference especially when I keep hearing Shane Riordan talking every time I flip on the show. His fucking shtick is old. I can't recall their names but the Score tried out a couple interesting cohosts back when they had the tryouts for Parkins' partner. But they definitely need a cohost for Bernstein. He is very average by himself.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Tafdes
you need SOMEONE to call Dan on his BULLSHIT. Otherwise, it will be Danny B PONTIFICATING so we can all be "ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY!!" :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
DAC wrote:
Rongey or Rozner would be my choice off the top of my head. Hell, Bernstein and Rozner would challenge Parkins and Spiegel for my listening preference especially when I keep hearing Shane Riordan talking every time I flip on the show. His fucking shtick is old. I can't recall their names but the Score tried out a couple interesting cohosts back when they had the tryouts for Parkins' partner. But they definitely need a cohost for Bernstein. He is very average by himself.

What happened to Rozner? He hasn't been on the station in a long time, has he?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Tad Queasy wrote:
DAC wrote:

josh mccown retired... RIP rozner's comedy bit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Tad Queasy wrote:
DAC wrote:

Always nice when Katie is back.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:01 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Tad Queasy wrote:

He made a big spectacle out of retiring from being a substitute host a few years ago. I didn't even think that was something you could do.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Curious Hair wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

He made a big spectacle out of retiring from being a substitute host a few years ago. I didn't even think that was something you could do.

Is he even in Illinois now that he retired from the Daily Herald?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Who cares? Rozner is a tool and an annoying shit bag. Think of Observer/Hawaii You with a 33% functioning brain.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
denisdman wrote:
Who cares? Rozner is a tool and an annoying shit bag. Think of Observer/Hawaii You with a 33% functioning brain.

I knew you disliked HY but I wasn’t aware you had beef with the Observer too.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:31 pm 

bring back julie dcairo and make her the lead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Chris Rongey. I'll listen again if they make that happen.

Dan with Spiegs in Vegas was a good listen.

And yes, enough with Shane. Let him cut his radio teeth elsewhere.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Beardown wrote:
I've always said that.

Who on earth would be intimidated by Dan Bernstein in 2022?

Guy went from a hilarious, up and coming potential national sports guy to a guy who tweets far left twitter garbage and no one outside of Illinois has heard of him and those in the industry locally all hate him and find him to be a joke.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:43 pm 

he was always too worried about cashing paychecks than he was trying to gain fame.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:52 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
the obvious answer is to give him rozner as a partner and call the show 2 live jews and start the show with the infamous/legendary drop from trump's election -- "daddy, are they going to come take us away on a train?" HELL NO UNLESS IT'S THE ENTERTAINMENT TRAIN... GET ON!

actually didn't rosenbloom use that show name before when he was catering to the wake and bake audience at the tail end of the baum and rosenbloom era?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:56 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
cookie23 wrote:
Beardown wrote:
I've always said that.

Guy went from a hilarious, up and coming potential national sports guy to a guy who tweets far left twitter garbage and no one outside of Illinois has heard of him and those in the industry locally all hate him and find him to be a joke.

he and his whole family had dinner at the table next to us at the cleo's live remote / board meetup years ago. i can tell you that dan's a good guy and obviously nobody was gunna bug him when he's having dinner with his family. hell that was the day where i found out that BIGFAN was literally and physically a BIG FAN. and the first time you see rongey and hear the radio voice it's kind of like "what the fuck?" and shit even hanley came thru in a black life preserver looking get up. and aggro sox fan bob had the cape and gave me the term "mall of justice" for the skokie courthouse which i still use to this day.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:57 pm 

that was amazing!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:10 pm 

How's Terry doing these days? Last we heard, his son was telling everyone things didn't look good. Has he called in lately or anything?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Panino's
Curious Hair wrote:
How's Terry doing these days? Last we heard, his son was telling everyone things didn't look good. Has he called in lately or anything?

When did his son say this? He looked and sounded great on Mac's show 5-6 months ago, whenever that was.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:35 pm 

One of his sons posted on Twitter that Terry wasn't doing well in the familiar way that people do when someone is about to die. I guess he pulled out of it, which is cool.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:52 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Maybe this show is the new "mic" opportunity that Julie was inferring in a recent tweet.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

cookie23 wrote:
Beardown wrote:
I've always said that.

Bernstein likes to turn everything into woke social justice. Leila went down that path with her being talked down too for being a women and then nodding her head everytime Bernstein made some woke/leftist view that implied somebody was a racist, etc.

We know what happened on the Goff show.

At this point, why does Bernstein have a show? While I think he's fine/good when talking sports, he's more interested in making social points or connecting everything to racism and other nonsense. Would listeners of the station really miss some douchebag pretending to be outraged by everything?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
BD wrote:
cookie23 wrote:
Beardown wrote:
I've always said that.

Bernstein likes to turn everything into woke social justice. Leila went down that path with her being talked down too for being a women and then nodding her head everytime Bernstein made some woke/leftist view that implied somebody was a racist, etc.

We know what happened on the Goff show.

At this point, why does Bernstein have a show? While I think he's fine/good when talking sports, he's more interested in making social points or connecting everything to racism and other nonsense. Would listeners of the station really miss some douchebag pretending to be outraged by everything?

Very good points. A change was needed a while ago. Again I wrote in another thread I just think AM sports radio is done and nothing the hosts can do.

I loved Dan Bernstein back in early to mid 2000s. He was hilarious, quick witted, found the calling callers losers schtick a little annoying, but it was must turn into radio.

There were no I phone, no apps, podcasts, etc. etc.

I do think Dan had the talent to be known nationally, but as much as he talks about evolving or right side of history, he never did. Ease up on every caller is a loser schtick before he changed to all political Dan.

Right now, IMO he has no leverage and must kiss @ss to just keep his job and pay. 20 years ago, someone would sign him immedialty, now, not a chance.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Panino's
I think Rongey is the clear replacement. He's not exciting by any means, but those two clearly have fun and a good report when together. It results in better radio than Dan + Leila

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Derplington wrote:
I think Rongey is the clear replacement. He's not exciting by any means, but those two clearly have fun and a good report when together. It results in better radio than Dan + Leila

Also, Leila and Rongey get along on air like bickering brother and sister (good natured) so if Leila is on each Wednesday that will not be difficult.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: State Line
cookie23 wrote:

Very good points. A change was needed a while ago. Again I wrote in another thread I just think AM sports radio is done and nothing the hosts can do.

I loved Dan Bernstein back in early to mid 2000s. He was hilarious, quick witted, found the calling callers losers schtick a little annoying, but it was must turn into radio.

There were no I phone, no apps, podcasts, etc. etc.

I do think Dan had the talent to be known nationally, but as much as he talks about evolving or right side of history, he never did. Ease up on every caller is a loser schtick before he changed to all political Dan.

Right now, IMO he has no leverage and must kiss @ss to just keep his job and pay. 20 years ago, someone would sign him immedialty, now, not a chance.

It's sad really. B&B were the best show in Chicago in the 2000s, something we could still rely on to be consistently entertaining as once-great stations like WCKG and WLS died, the rest of the dial turned to Eric & Kathy/Drex levels of sanitized pap and today's world of podcasts hadn't arrived yet. Then Penn State broke Dan and Terry checked out before eventually getting sick and retiring. Now, replaced as face of the station by Parkins for whatever that's even worth anymore, Dan's just likewise running out the clock until he can either retire, or, more likely, Audacy downsizes his ass.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Derplington wrote:

rapport

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:16 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Derplington wrote:

rapport

Frank

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.