It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:53 am 

TriColoredPastas wrote:
Having host-approved bloggers doesn't count either. No one gives a fuck what sheehan or calcaterra think. Anyone can do that. And take some fucking calls for someone who isn't bill on umm uhh y'know right? hill. At least try to remember what people used to like about this station before you had to have a weekly segment on the afternoon show talking about how fun it used to be.

maybe get a little production value in these shows and start having what used to be called "landmark segments" (i.e. who you crappin, caning)...and could they try to start booking some interesting guests beyond sports that have a sports hook. I swear the only person who provides value added in the entire producers class of employees at the station is Tannehill. It's like the entire station has taken the B and B approach to radio of showing up five minutes before they get on air and leaving five minutes after.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:57 am 

if you are a woman in a communications program looking for an internship, I think I might know where to send your resume

Sir's guardian angel, Mitch Rosen, once again comes through for his guy.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
DAC wrote:
Bernstein and Holmes have always been a brutal pairing. How many days tills they start talking about nerdy comic book shit or try to one up each other when talking about restaurants?

How about a segment on "Ivy League schools I turned down?" I'm sure LoHo has shared his Yale story with Dan and Dan has shared his Harvard story with LoHo.

Leaving the negativity aside for a second, there is a chance that this could be decent. LoHo has absolutely no reason to kowtow to Dan. So, if he decides not to kiss his ass, it could make for good radio.

I can’t think of anything Sir would argue with Bernstein. He’s not exactly a strong personality and the opinions he does have are lockstep with Danny B.

I was more just comparing him to Dan's last two co-hosts than anything else. McKnight was just happy to be there, and Leila had never worked in the sports talk format before. They both were just going to follow Dan's lead, wherever it went. Holmes has obviously been around the block a few times and has his own agenda he's going to want to pursue. While he and Bernstein probably share a similar worldview, I have to assume they're going to have the occasional differing sports take, and when they do, Holmes won't be afraid to express his.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:05 pm 

No worries. Larry just assured us that he is going to let go in this new partnership. He is going to let Dan drive the show. It's all good. He recognizes how much of a maniac he is, but he enjoys being off the ball.

:lol: :lol:

Grote going into full ASS kiss mode. He just compared Dan and Larry to Kane and Toews and how they finally had to combine these 2 top talents for the station.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
RFDC wrote:
No worries. Larry just assured us that he is going to let go in this new partnership. He is going to let Dan drive the show. It's all good. He recognizes how much of a maniac he is, but he enjoys being off the ball.

:lol: :lol:

Grote going into full ASS kiss mode. He just compared Dan and Larry to Kane and Toews and how they finally had to combine these 2 top talents for the station.

i bet Larry was insulted being compared to patrick kane

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:11 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Holmes really is something else. Like a cockroach that can’t ever be disposed of. He isn’t terrible but it has to be true he has pics of Rosen right?

And Bernstein that fuck we know why he never leaves. Even after causing stress in the past he is untouchable Jew guy.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Larry talked about he and Bernstein pooling their guests together because they have similar likes. He brought up his guest Russell Dorsey saying, "everyone likes Russell Dorsey" I tried listening once to him as a guest. It was patting each other on the back for their sjw work.

Then, Larry said he and Bernstein will be great together on Bears Monday. If they're both horrible individually on Bears Monday how could they be good together on Bears Monday.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:26 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
if you are a woman in a communications program looking for an internship, I think I might know where to send your resume

Sir's guardian angel, Mitch Rosen, once again comes through for his guy.

Small raise, but twice the work.

Mitch came through for his bosses.

Like he always does.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:10 am 
1000 CLUB

Lawrence had a 45 minute podcast dedicated to the behind the scenes on his 'House of L' podcast.

It covered the stress he was under, his process of hiring an agent (name was not revealed), the solo show transition, his partnership with Dan, his need to have this podcast and, of course, special thanks to Leila for the brunches, 2 hour conversations and text messages throughout this process where Laurence had to make the decision to accept a 4 hour radio show vs. the 2 on a multi-year deal (longest of his career).

There could be a Part 2, based on the title of the podcast, but more to come.

If you ever had any thoughts that maybe Laurence wasn't self-important, this is your episode.

You're also get a few swears mixed in at the end as he speaks the truth.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:13 am 

I miss the days of the 6pm-10pm Larry show that was cut short at least four days a week by games and made a half hour. Then like clock work he would go on vacation the one week a year in July where his show was not cut short at all during the MLB All-Star break.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:25 am 
1000 CLUB

conns7901 wrote:
I miss the days of the 6pm-10pm Larry show that was cut short at least four days a week by games and made a half hour. Then like clock work he would go on vacation the one week a year in July where his show was not cut short at all during the MLB All-Star break.

I'm curious if they will bring in his interview replays and best of the Score. I tried (it's been a few years) to listen to his show, but it was a re-run of the previous day for the most part with him hosting it. Realistically, I won't be able to listen regularly, but hoping this isn't another woke/SJW show with comic book side topics when they are bored of talking sports. I think we have seen that act before, but considering Bernstein has gone through 4 or 5 side kicks in last 4-5 years and isn't seen as the issue, I wouldn't be shocked if this becomes another sports with MSNBC mixed in (although imagine defending leftist points these days from 'a man is actually a women', economic issues, gas prices are a reason to buy electric, ignore the border, abort a baby at any point'...etc. etc.). Maybe that would be entertaining after all.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:33 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Mitch Rosen is awful, he needed Jimmy deCastro to save him a few years ago. I don't know how he gets all these awards and stuff but if ESPN 1000 had a decent local 5:00 a.m. host 670 would have been dead a few years ago. Most people tune in for Mully and Haugh but it just gets worse from there and they're too lazy to turn the channel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:55 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
ESPN 1000 has to be ecstatic. Putting 2 despised hosts together who struggle with content. The transitions with them and Leila was all-time worst Score stratosphere. When Larry has Chicago "hero" Jason Goff visit the 2 it'll be hard to keep food down.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:58 am 

BD wrote:
Lawrence had a 45 minute podcast dedicated to the behind the scenes on his 'House of L' podcast.

It covered the stress he was under, his process of hiring an agent (name was not revealed), the solo show transition, his partnership with Dan, his need to have this podcast and, of course, special thanks to Leila for the brunches, 2 hour conversations and text messages throughout this process where Laurence had to make the decision to accept a 4 hour radio show vs. the 2 on a multi-year deal (longest of his career).

There could be a Part 2, based on the title of the podcast, but more to come.

If you ever had any thoughts that maybe Laurence wasn't self-important, this is your episode.

You're also get a few swears mixed in at the end as he speaks the truth.

He really is an unintentionally funny guy. I love the feigned trepidation over a 4 hour show. That is really pure Sir. If someone else got the job, he would have said he took his name out of consideration.

Does anyone have number on the popularity of House of L? He really thought that was going to be a hit

from my perspective, I appreciate both of them being on during hours I don't listen.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:16 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
He named his podcast after a story arc in X-Men. I appreciate that he’s a nerd, but he so desperately wants to be one of the cool kids too.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:21 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
vitoscotti wrote:
ESPN 1000 has to be ecstatic. Putting 2 despised hosts together who struggle with content. The transitions with them and Leila was all-time worst Score stratosphere. When Larry has Chicago "hero" Jason Goff visit the 2 it'll be hard to keep food down.

Vito thinks they should bring Frank Collin in for a segment each week instead of Leila.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:39 am 

How many more partners before they realize it might be Bernstein that is the issue?

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:31 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
conns7901 wrote:
How many more partners before they realize it might be Bernstein that is the issue?

In my opinion, Bernstein used to be the most informative and entertaining host on Chicago sports radio before Penn State. I imagine that he also brought in a bunch of revenue. That will keep you employed.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Nas wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

In my opinion, Bernstein used to be the most informative and entertaining host on Chicago sports radio before Penn State. I imagine that he also brought in a bunch of revenue. That will keep you employed.

10 years ago i thought i'd be listening to bernstein until he retired. B&B was by far my favorite show and had been since i started listening to WSCR. how quickly that changed after terry left

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:07 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
Nas wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

The Terry farewell show heavily implied that Dan is a de facto account exec for David Hochberg, among others.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
conns7901 wrote:

Bernstein loved goff and he got fired anyway. Mcdoink was let go because of covid bullshit and leila was never going to stay. Not to mention all three of them sucked.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:01 pm 

A benefit of this is that we get to hear Bernsie and Meatpants in transition. We will see if Meat has really grown. How often will Bernsie hurt his feelings?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
A benefit of this is that we get to hear Bernsie and Meatpants in transition. We will see if Meat has really grown. How often will Bernsie hurt his feelings?

I think Parkins enjoys letting Bernstein know he's the big fish now.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:05 pm 

Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I think Parkins enjoys letting Bernstein know he's the big fish now.

True. That could be an added benefit as well.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:07 pm 

Doing afternoons used to make you the big fish. Is that true anymore?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

TriColoredPastas wrote:
Doing afternoons used to make you the big fish. Is that true anymore?

Yes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:10 pm 

If "the face of the score" is a real thing, I'm not sure parkins has overtaken bernstein.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:15 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
BD wrote:

I can only imagine.

His final segment in his solo show was extremely self-congratulatory and laced heavily with a style of delusion that is unique Larry.

In 20 minutes he managed to take credit for introducing the Leila to the score, repeatedly calling himself a creator of art, and my absolute favorite was when he comped himself to DMX because DMX often refused to perform with any other artist on stage because X felt he could only forge the intimate connection with his audience he sought if he was solo….which you guessed it is why Larry Liam’s he’s been solo for the vast majority of his career. It’s the only way he’s been able to forge his unique brand of art and share it with his audience….

Barf.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:34 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
y'all gon make me lose my mind, up in leer', up in leer'

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
First guest Ian Happ:

Dan asked Happ a reasonable question about adjust his hitting to the shift, and Happ gave a well-thought out answer.

Then it was Larry's turn.

Sir: "I have to ask you what it's like to play with Willson Contreras. Let me say upfront I LOVE Willson..."
Happ: [No idea how he responded since I immediately PTFB.]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next