It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
BD wrote:
On Monday's show, Bernstein speculated that MLB free agents (and speaking specifically about any future Oriole players) will need to consider the state they are moving to because they may not be able to live a free live.

No push back from Holmes, not that I expected it, but it's a pretty pathetic show to be bringing their garbage opinions into every show....

On Friday's show, comments about abortion without saying it.

The show is very woke.

good catch. liberal think-tanks and institutes have been saying that the usa has been backsliding on democracy. the citizens united decision seemed to set that off over a decade ago and the recent dobbs decision only added fuel to their fire. common denominator appears to be supreme court decisions are making us less democratic.

Interesting because the most democratic avenues to make change are all still readily available, but these all require more than virtue signaling to accomplish, so libs act as if they do not exist, you could do national efforts to amend the constitution (highly unlikely), put an issue to up to a national referendum (political types would likely ignore results), or even try to lobby states where abortion is banned and convince them to change the states policy (maybe the easiest method).

The same group of politicians that have been in power for decades, who had years and years to make changes and did absolutely nothing are now asking for people to send them money to actually get off their ass and do something?

This of course exposes the heroes of the left as frauds and will never be tolerated, but one must at least acknowledge the useful idiots like Dan Bernstein that are tirelessly working to maintain the status quo.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I listened for a little today. It was ok. Most of what I heard was a silly segment reimagining IRobot as the 2022 White Sox, but it was fine.

Better than the other two shows for that 10 minutes.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Clawmaster wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
BD wrote:
On Monday's show, Bernstein speculated that MLB free agents (and speaking specifically about any future Oriole players) will need to consider the state they are moving to because they may not be able to live a free live.

No push back from Holmes, not that I expected it, but it's a pretty pathetic show to be bringing their garbage opinions into every show....

On Friday's show, comments about abortion without saying it.

The show is very woke.

good catch. liberal think-tanks and institutes have been saying that the usa has been backsliding on democracy. the citizens united decision seemed to set that off over a decade ago and the recent dobbs decision only added fuel to their fire. common denominator appears to be supreme court decisions are making us less democratic.

Interesting because the most democratic avenues to make change are all still readily available, but these all require more than virtue signaling to accomplish, so libs act as if they do not exist, you could do national efforts to amend the constitution (highly unlikely), put an issue to up to a national referendum (political types would likely ignore results), or even try to lobby states where abortion is banned and convince them to change the states policy (maybe the easiest method).

The same group of politicians that have been in power for decades, who had years and years to make changes and did absolutely nothing are now asking for people to send them money to actually get off their ass and do something?

This of course exposes the heroes of the left as frauds and will never be tolerated, but one must at least acknowledge the useful idiots like Dan Bernstein that are tirelessly working to maintain the status quo.

each side has the think-tanks and institutes that make their argument(s). they do very good work because they mask the rude and crude reasons that their politicians write bills and sometimes pass bills into law - that were ghostwritten by lobbyists and/or corporate america. one such left-leaning institute tells us to connect the dots - citizens united/trump middle east bans/george floyd/dobbs. i guess that means i need to vote for a D: clearly, we are backsliding on democracy.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: New Mexico has no good pizza. Send help.
TriColoredPastas wrote:
whatsamotta_u wrote:
sheesh, this got unnecessarily intense. I go all the way back to when the Score first hit the airwaves and long for the days of Boers and Bernstein, the Monsters of the Mid-day, and the Heavy Fuel Crew. To me, Bernstein and Holmes are a welcome pairing. You get a little taste of the good old days plus the inherent weirdness that was so fun on Bernstein's Sunday morning shows in the mid/late 1990's. (I think?) Oh, and sports thoughts.

How often have you listened in the last 5 years?

At least a few times a week - mostly podcasts. I live pretty far away now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Why the fuck was Maggie one of their guests today? Why would anyone want to hear from her again and what could she possibly have to speak about? Crying about the wnba player stuck in russia?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Tafdes
Larry and Leila's INABILITY to understand a motivational speech from a female Duke basketball coach was insightful. GOD FORBID people are pushed to be their best!! :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
"Goff and I could have had a show that would have set the world on fire."

larry on P&S, 7-14-22

I am going to laugh myself to sleep.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:32 am 
1000 CLUB

A few notes:
1) When Bernstein was out a week or two ago, Holmes had a hockey guest to talk Blackhawks. After the interview, Holmes actually said that he was happy to be able to talk about the Blackhawks on the show because he couldn't do that if Bernstein was there. Of course, we know that Bernstein won't talk about them unless it's too attack them as he is against assault, rapes and cover-ups. So the organization doesn't exist is his mind, per his social justice warrior rules.
Does Holmes just the sidekick on this show or he is not allowed to talk about the Blackhawks when Bernstein is there? They have talked more Sky, which nobody cares about, but they are pretending matters to more than 10 people.
2) Holmes like to say "um...hum" in a slow/deliberate way at least 3 times a show when a comment his made and he pretends to have inside information on the topic. This is his way of confirming that he knows the inside dirt.
3) Holmes was interested in commenting on, without sharing specific points, that there are some sports personalities who have different opinions than the "right" side - like Michelle Tofoya, Jay Cutler, Brian Urlacher and Sage Steele - and whose public comments on other issues hasn't gone so well for them. He isn't wrong in that almost all of the sports media is extremely liberal, but the way he phrased his comments were somewhat disdain for having opinions that are different than the ones that he has.
4) Everything is still "dope", "adorable".

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:56 am 

Mitch is too invested in his core. Like how Garpax and the Bulls hung on to theirs for way too long.

It was evident in his 30yr speech that these guys are here because of the relationships they have formed over the years with Mitch.

He has failed in hiring new talent. Parkins, Julie and Lala are a flop. Parkins brings nothing original to the Score that was not already present with the producers and beat reporters. Lala hiring was puzzling. Her auditions with Parkins were not good and her show with Bernstein was PTFB radio. Speigs was a safe hire when several other new voices were just as talented or more so then Speigs. Mitch had an opportunity to give us a fresh voice and instead we got stale bread.

It's time for an outsider to come in a re-evaluate the Score. Hopefully revamping the lineup with new talent that is not already at the Score. Gut it and start from scratch.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
The current SCORE line-up is the Dan Dierdorf version of Monday Night Football. Nobody liked Dierdorf, but they still watched. Regardless of the line-ups, the SCORE keeps kicking ESPN1000's butt. Some of that is local vs. national at certain times during the day. But, I haven't seen anything that shows me that Silvy/Waddle is beating Parkins/Spiegal or that Kap/Hood show is beating Mully/Haugh when they are head to head. I'm sure ESPN1000 would be talking about it if it happened. Until then, Mitch thinks that he's Tony LaRussa in his prime, juggling line-ups and still beating the competition.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Jaw Breaker wrote:
BD wrote:

That's a terrible take from Bernstein.

Who is offering the most money, what is the state income tax rate are the 2 biggest determining factors. Giant lol at them worrying about living a " free life".

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:27 pm 

Juiced wrote:
Mitch is too invested in his core. Like how Garpax and the Bulls hung on to theirs for way too long.

It was evident in his 30yr speech that these guys are here because of the relationships they have formed over the years with Mitch.

He has failed in hiring new talent. Parkins, Julie and Lala are a flop. Parkins brings nothing original to the Score that was not already present with the producers and beat reporters. Lala hiring was puzzling. Her auditions with Parkins were not good and her show with Bernstein was PTFB radio. Speigs was a safe hire when several other new voices were just as talented or more so then Speigs. Mitch had an opportunity to give us a fresh voice and instead we got stale bread.

It's time for an outsider to come in a re-evaluate the Score. Hopefully revamping the lineup with new talent that is not already at the Score. Gut it and start from scratch.

Sounds so simple just re-evaluate and get some fresh talent.

However if you have listened to sports radio from other places you learn how hard that is to accomplish. There is a ton of bad radio out there.

The score is not perfect and it will always pale in comparison to the 90s but be careful what you wish for

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Weren't Julie and lala were hired because they were women?

Parkins and Spiegel are Mac's fault. I can't understand why he'd pick those 2 after dealing with Harry's faults or annoying characteristics. They are so similar to Harry with little of the upside of Harry.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:58 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Weren't Julie and lala were hired because they were women?

Parkins and Spiegel are Mac's fault. I can't understand why he'd pick those 2 after dealing with Harry's faults or annoying characteristics. They are so similar to Harry with little of the upside of Harry.

You still have these strong opinions on people you don’t ever listen to?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
What Harry upside are we talking about here?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:39 pm 

RFDC wrote:

You know how women are, don't you?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:09 pm 

Darkside wrote:

I always thought Harry was a bit of a foil for Mac. It made him pay attention and be engaged. I never really thought of Harry as a bad guy. There were times the relationship was contentious and they thought of each other as pains in the ass I feel like deep down they mostly liked each other. There were certain aspects where they were as much alike as they are different.

Spiegel seems like a complete self absorbed man child. He's not funny, he's not interesting, he's a smarmy, pukey, fairly narcissistic, emasculate oaf that shows little grace or tact even when he should be grateful and loyal to someone all under the guise of being super positive. Harry had upside over him for sure.

Parkins came off as a less energetic version of Harry. I don't know if it's his age or his natural attitude but he comes off as too cool for the room or something. He's a snoozer for me.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:07 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Darkside wrote:

I always thought Harry was a bit of a foil for Mac. It made him pay attention and be engaged. I never really thought of Harry as a bad guy. There were times the relationship was contentious and they thought of each other as pains in the ass I feel like deep down they mostly liked each other. There were certain aspects where they were as much alike as they are different.

Spiegel seems like a complete self absorbed man child. He's not funny, he's not interesting, he's a smarmy, pukey, fairly narcissistic, emasculate oaf that shows little grace or tact even when he should be grateful and loyal to someone all under the guise of being super positive. Harry had upside over him for sure.

Parkins came off as a less energetic version of Harry. I don't know if it's his age or his natural attitude but he comes off as too cool for the room or something. He's a snoozer for me.

Spaulding knocked it out of the park. I completely agree.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:54 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
RFDC wrote:

You know how women are, don't you?

:lol: Oh I definitely do.

So how many times have you listened to this version of Parkins and Spiegal?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:07 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Juiced wrote:

However if you have listened to sports radio from other places you learn how hard that is to accomplish. There is a ton of bad radio out there.

The score is not perfect and it will always pale in comparison to the 90s but be careful what you wish for

It is simple. The problem in radio is corporatization. Every station a copy of another. Following the same criteria as every other station. Resulting in the same cookie cutter requirements to fill a slot. No thinking outside the box or giving someone a chance that doesn't fullfill the requirements. M.North would have never been given a shot with these suit heads.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:37 pm 

Juiced wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Juiced wrote:

It is simple. The problem in radio is corporatization. Every station a copy of another. Following the same criteria as every other station. Resulting in the same cookie cutter requirements to fill a slot. No thinking outside the box or giving someone a chance that doesn't fullfill the requirements. M.North would have never been given a shot with these suit heads.

So you are in charge give us your plan

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
In my perfect world I know would never happen. But, fire the main 8 fulltime hosts. They're pretty much worthless. Use the cheap producer types to go 100% interviews. Even if the day is ½ interviews and ½ replays it would be a vast improvement than what's going on now. 8 of the stations worst hosts ever small taking is the Score's rock bottom. When North and some of the old hosts visit Parkins and Spiegel they didn't even know Parkins' name.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:09 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
vitoscotti wrote:
In my perfect world I know would never happen. But, fire the main 8 fulltime hosts. They're pretty much worthless. Use the cheap producer types to go 100% interviews. Even if the day is ½ interviews and ½ replays it would be a vast improvement than what's going on now. 8 of the stations worst hosts ever small taking is the Score's rock bottom. When North and some of the old hosts visit Parkins and Spiegel they didn't even know Parkins' name.

:lol: :lol:

What do you listen to that you enjoy?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:32 am 

Parkins is nothing like Harry. I don't think you people remember what Harry was like when given the chance to run his own show, and yes, I men YOU people. Harry and Spike was in the group with the worst sports talk radio I have ever heard.

I don't even think Spiegs is like him, although I do think both Harry and Spiegs see themselves as entertainers who are just doing sports talk as a side gig.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:48 am 

Harry was the 3rd bananas on arguably one of the top 3 sports radio shows in Chicago history...The Afternoon Saloon. The only thing that Parkins and Spiegel have in common with Mac, Jurko and Harry is that they too talk into microphones.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:01 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Augie wrote:
Harry was the 3rd bananas on arguably one of the top 3 sports radio shows in Chicago history...The Afternoon Saloon. The only thing that Parkins and Spiegel have in common with Mac, Jurko and Harry is that they too talk into microphones.

Parkins and Spiegel have obviously consciously patterned their show after MJH. Whether or not they have done so successfully is obviously a matter of opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:21 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Parkins is nothing like Harry. I don't think you people remember what Harry was like when given the chance to run his own show, and yes, I men YOU people. Harry and Spike was in the group with the worst sports talk radio I have ever heard.

I don't even think Spiegs is like him, although I do think both Harry and Spiegs see themselves as entertainers who are just doing sports talk as a side gig.

Yep, a lot of revisionist history when it comes to harry

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:43 am 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Harry was occasionally amusing, but only because he was held in check by Mac. He had a frustratingly child-like conception of the world, his opinions were largely detached from reality, and his comic sensibility had its roots in a bygone era. Like Harry, Parkins had a pampered upbringing and has adopted a hedonistic lifestyle, but they are worlds apart in terms of their approaches to radio. Parkins is clearly attempting to position himself as a younger, culturally relevant version of Mac and has almost nothing in common with Harry from a professional perspective.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Harry was occasionally amusing,

No....he was NEVER amusing. He was awful 100% of the time.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

BigW72 wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Harry was occasionally amusing,

No....he was NEVER amusing. He was awful 100% of the time.

:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next