It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

We've discussed it. Everything we've said about him is correct.

I've never met anybody that goes out of his way to compliment himself. I've met arrogant and cocky people. We all have. But not like Larry. You know why he has to compliment himself? Cuz nobody else does. That bothers Larry. So he figures since nobody else does it, he'll do it. Never met anybody that sucks his own dick like Larry.

If in fact that fake wife of his did leave him, which is the speculation, I can absolutely see why.

Here's the thing Larry doesn't understand. Everything we say about him is the exact opinion that all of his co workers have of him. They just can't say it to him. C'mon, anybody with a brain can't have any other opinion of Larry then what this message board has.

You notice that everybody at the SCORE bust balls with each other. They all jab at each other. Nobody gives Larry any shit? Why? Cuz they know Larry will call them a racist. His co workers know that.

SCORE guys will never post here again. But they still read this board. Don't doubt that for a second. They are all nodding their heads right now.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:55 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
I mentioned this in the other thread but Larry comparing himself to DMX with a straight face and serious tone is really quite something

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Beardown wrote:
If in fact that fake wife of his did leave him, which is the speculation, I can absolutely see why.

Public information....Larry is the plaintiff, so technically he left her.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:56 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
BigW72 wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Public information....Larry is the plaintiff, so technically he left her.

Or she left him, and he sued for divorce

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
She was tired of being used as a beard

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:15 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Playing the "you're like my sister" card is the long game. And heterosexual.

You guys need better evidence.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Nardi wrote:

He’s been caught blowing Goff on air repeatedly.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Nardi wrote:

He’s been caught blowing Goff on air repeatedly.

Good point.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

Spaulding, we need you hear from you if you don't mind. Your opinion on my thoughts. You're the only women here that talks to us scumbags. You would never talk to us in polite society. That's why we love you. This isn't polite society.

Ok. He calls women reporters his sister? That's weird. You know anybody that does that? We don't know common people but we know the SCORE guys. Do any of them say a women reporter is like their sister.

1. In my experience, women can detect a gay guy better them men. And they like gay guys. Because they are no threat to them. They're one of the girls to them. They're comfortable around them because of that. I knew a guy that I latter found out was gay and the girls loved him. I had no idea. Cuz it never crossed my mind. He wasn't a close friend. But I latter found out he was gay. But I think that's why the girls liked him. He was kind of feminate, but I never thought much of it. Larry is that way.

2. Larry talks about baking cookies and skipping threw fields. That's fine. But it's telling. I know it's not politically correct to make this assumption. But I'm not working for the SCORE where all of them have to say Larry isn't odd and a weirdo. And probably gay. Which is fine. In this day and age it's not an insult. Nor should it ever have been. I just think Larry is more attracted to Jason Goff than his former wife. No shame in that.

I think Larry, Tom Thayer and Steve Stone should have a 3 way marriage. That would be awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:37 pm 

You gotta imagine the only person he fucks is himself but he comes across as someone who wouldn't even do that because it's too icky

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:55 am 

I've never been through it but divorce is a shitty experience even when amicable and I wish him the getting through it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:01 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:
I've never been through it but divorce is a shitty experience even when amicable and I wish him the getting through it.

I trust that it was less of a shitty experience for him given his homosexuality.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:06 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I trust that it was less of a shitty experience for him given his homosexuality.

I really don't think he's gay. I'd say he's asexual, where even the talk of it makes him giggle with embarasment...like Michael Jackson when he "dated" Brook Shields and Elizabeth Taylor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:20 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

Yeah, I really don't care about (or wish him back luck on a marriage, or laugh at it) his marriage. Not sure who could stand him for more than 10 minutes without getting annoyed. He's overly sensitive, laughs at dumb shit and is extremely self-important. It's worked for his career, and he's fine talking sports (although as interview, he's a cake walk, suck ass), but....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:23 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I really don't think he's gay. I'd say he's asexual, where even the talk of it makes him giggle with embarasment...like Michael Jackson when he "dated" Brook Shields and Elizabeth Taylor

i dont understand how any woman would get wet over micheal jackson. sure, he was rich and famous, but he was a little girly bitch. justin beiber play i guess.. some girls just want to date chicks with little dicks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:02 pm 

Transitions have been rife with him turning every and any subject back to himself. For awhile there he was mentioning at least once every day that he was teaching, that he had pupils , that he was giving homework assignments....Hoping that in the new partnership with Dan, he might be less Lohocentric.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

Other concern listening to this week's shows:

- Lawrence fake laughing is out of control; nobody can find any of the things he his laughing at even 1/4 as funny
- "Who's your Guy - NBA Edition" is a tired segment, but allows Laurence to laugh hysterically (fake laughter) at clips he has heard over and over. While the clips can be entertaining and funny to hear, he has heard all of these for years. Are they really fall on the floor laughter?
- Repeating himself slowly to make a rather obvious point. While talking about the White Sox, Laurence explained that while each individual issue may not be a big issue by itself, the combination of issues makes the White Sox what they are. Thanks Laurence.
- Laurence trying to be the interviewer's best friend
- Continued fake laughter
- Insider on local teams; deep insights
- Saying "Dan" over and over
- Pretending he has inside information after Dan makes a statement.

There's probably more. Again, it's probably not a horrible show if you just listen and try to ignore the above, but his self-importance and sensitivity to being acceptable to Dan makes him very difficult. I haven't gone into Bernstein but Holmes is acceptable if he isn't trying to show he's insightful, etc. but it's a stretch to say he has anything to actually offer other than the items above.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:48 pm 

I tuned into a majority of the podcast segments out of curiosity.

Yes, the fake laughter makes me want to smash my own face with a claw hammer. It’s always been a part of his personae but as pointed out, the frequency is totally out of control.

It’s also awkwardly apparent that Dan was advised to cede some (perceived) control to Larry. Letting him get in the first question. Sometimes last questions. Doing back to back questions. That’s not usually Dan’s MO.

So far it’s better than I thought, but Larry is so obviously that dork that the teacher won’t allow to be picked on because his ego is so fragile.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:02 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
When Spiegel is the in-house baseball expert it's pretty obvious content isn't important anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:15 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
BD wrote:
Other concern listening to this week's shows:

- Lawrence fake laughing is out of control; nobody can find any of the things he his laughing at even 1/4 as funny
- "Who's your Guy - NBA Edition" is a tired segment, but allows Laurence to laugh hysterically (fake laughter) at clips he has heard over and over. While the clips can be entertaining and funny to hear, he has heard all of these for years. Are they really fall on the floor laughter?
- Repeating himself slowly to make a rather obvious point. While talking about the White Sox, Laurence explained that while each individual issue may not be a big issue by itself, the combination of issues makes the White Sox what they are. Thanks Laurence.
- Laurence trying to be the interviewer's best friend
- Continued fake laughter
- Insider on local teams; deep insights
- Saying "Dan" over and over
- Pretending he has inside information after Dan makes a statement.

"The Score sucks so bad now. I want them to go back to the way they were in 2007."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:43 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Crick Ramp wrote:

Yes, the fake laughter makes me want to smash my own face with a claw hammer. It’s always been a part of his personae but as pointed out, the frequency is totally out of control.

It’s also awkwardly apparent that Dan was advised to cede some (perceived) control to Larry. Letting him get in the first question. Sometimes last questions. Doing back to back questions. That’s not usually Dan’s MO.

So far it’s better than I thought, but Larry is so obviously that dork that the teacher won’t allow to be picked on because his ego is so fragile.

Everybody says they hate Lawrence, but all of a sudden there's a lot more interest in the Score that seems directly attributable to him. Hate listening appears to be a real phenomenon. Maybe the Score is counting on it to drive up its ratings.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:49 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
vitoscotti wrote:
When Spiegel is the in-house baseball expert it's pretty obvious content isn't important anymore.

the 'this week in baseball' theme music legitimatizes everything. you're fighting mel allen.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:47 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Warren Newson wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

Everybody says they hate Lawrence, but all of a sudden there's a lot more interest in the Score that seems directly attributable to him. Hate listening appears to be a real phenomenon. Maybe the Score is counting on it to drive up its ratings.

Hate listening is very real to marketers and station managers Deacon.

Having said that, it's a fine line to try and walk for a radio personality.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
With 10 billion podcasts, satellite, etc. etc. I feel extremely sorry for anyone who "hate listens" to 670 in 2022.

I have spent more time on this message board the last 3 years and probably listened 20 minutes total. Reason why? Find the people on here funnier, more interesting than any score host.

That probably says a lot about me, but I a cool with it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:40 pm 

Warren Newson wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

I sampled this week largely due to being off work and just being curious.

That’s all the listening I will be doing. Outside of the random podcast listen of the show if the guest is interesting

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:11 am 
1000 CLUB

The fake Larry laugh is amazing to me. I can't believe that nobody at the SCORE asks him about that. Jesus Christ, at some point you would think one of the SCORE boys would say "What's that about, Laurence."

But nobody does. Out of fear of Larry thinking it's racist. I would ask him if I worked there. Just out of the fact that I'm annoyed by it.

Joe Maddon once did it with Larry. He said, "Why are you laughing" to Larry. :lol:

I don't understand the reasoning of the "Fake laugh". How you have it in you to do it as much as Larry does. I'll never understand that. Why? Why does he feel the need to do it?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:37 am 

IkeSouth wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

i dont understand how any woman would get wet over micheal jackson. sure, he was rich and famous, but he was a little girly bitch. justin beiber play i guess.. some girls just want to date chicks with little dicks

women now find Peter Dinklage hot

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:06 am 

pizza_Place: Soup Kitchen
cookie23 wrote:
With 10 billion podcasts, satellite, etc. etc. I feel extremely sorry for anyone who "hate listens" to 670 in 2022.

I have spent more time on this message board the last 3 years and probably listened 20 minutes total. Reason why? Find the people on here funnier, more interesting than any score host.

That probably says a lot about me, but I a cool with it.

Same. Literally haven't listened to 1 minute of the Score since Grobber died.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

Nah. Not for Larry and his wife. I'm sure it was simple. No kids. Only married for a couple of years. They're both probably gay and just got married to appease their Catholic parents and go to nephews and nieces birthday parties as a fake married couple. Both of them probably agreed to this while banging fellow gays and lesbians.

I think she is a teacher. So she's making 35k tops. Larry has his 80k. So I'm sure he had to pay her something. But probably not crushing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:08 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Beardown wrote:
I don't understand the reasoning of the "Fake laugh". How you have it in you to do it as much as Larry does. I'll never understand that. Why? Why does he feel the need to do it?

you're trying to subliminably tell other people that they're supposed to be laughing too.