It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:33 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Curious Hair wrote:
random NBA beat writers no one cared about talking about games the Bulls weren't playing in

Ethan Skolnick, that was the guy I was thinking of! Dan was 5,000 feet up that guy's ass for no discernible reason.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:04 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
DAC is always on his high horse -- but don't you dare point that out! -- about how caller-driven radio is a foolish waste of time and that his valuable time is better spent listening to expert insight from trusted analysts such as, I dunno, Boomer Esiason or something. But think back on the good old days of B&B. As much caller-based content there was then, there was a lot of expert-analysis content, too. Hub had an hour a week to share his thoughts. They'd have Bryan Billick on for some reason. Brad Biggs, Matt Bowen, random NBA beat writers no one cared about talking about games the Bulls weren't playing in, so on down the line. All those guys did all those hits and I don't really remember anything from them. Maybe it's stupid to think that I would, but I don't even remember coming away from them feeling all that enlightened in the moment. Those were just the vegetables we had to eat to get to the fun stuff, which I remember rather well.

If we can't base sports radio around live interaction anymore because everyone under 50 has a panic attack over picking up the phone, then yeah, the format is dead, put it out of its misery, please. Just run gambling talk all day and gambling commercials in between. The point of sports radio was never the sports, it was the sense of community -- "like being at the bar," they called it then, "toxic parasocial relationships," we call it now. That's what, sorry to say, Barstool gets and Entercom management doesn't.

Gambling talk is terrible too.

The stations don't take callers because there's nobody out there that's going to sit on hold for 30 minutes just so they can talk for 30 seconds on a dead medium. If there was someone out there willing to do that they would probably post here, and this site has like 2 dozen active posters.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:11 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
The Score's problem is all it's hosts are uncharismatic cookie cutter clones spewing out mandated opinions. Nothing they say is sports interesting so why would a phone call spice it up. B & B and Goff played off the mutual hate between host and caller rarely cutting callers off. When Goff was calling people Nazis, having a meltdown from texts "what about black crime" at least it was interesting. A new car I bought in '15 the salesman and I were setting up the car at the dealership and Goff was on the car radio. We look at each other and he says before I can "I hate this guy". A really cool moment. But the radio was on the Score even with Goff on.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:28 am 

jason goff almost got you laid with a used car salesman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:12 pm 

pizza_Place: New Mexico has no good pizza. Send help.
been tuning in the last two days driving across the country. heard that Larry is back on bears post-game stuff...damn, he is just unlistenable. he didn't use to be. it's just all about "I was texting with Olin," or "my friend Alex," and blah blah. STFU. Those guys don't give a shit about him. Or how if LARRY was a Bull, and that stupid Bucks player did something, they'd have to hold Larry back. Or some shit. You could play a drinking game - every time that douche makes a random topic about himself, take a shot. I'd be drunker than I am right now. He's awful. Get him off the radio.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

I heard Larry say to his mom that he didn't like "Thanksgiving food". So he asked Mommy to make him breakfast food for the dinner. That's a fucking self loving ass hole to do that. His Mommy did it for him, so he said. But if I were her, after the request, I would have just starred at him without a response. Then told him, if you don't want the fucking turkey, don't come. Go to McDononalds to get a breakfast sandwithch.

I understand why the fake wife left him. She should have known it before the fake marriage. Larry loves only one person. Himself. Oh, wait, that was the thread title. Just repeating it. Sorry.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:49 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
He's quirky. He does what quirky dudes do. He asks his mom for breakfast on Thanksgiving.

I don't think he's a bad guy. I guarantee he works harder than his partner.

The business he's in, if he doesn't promote himself, who will? I admit, he doesn't do it well.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:09 am 
1000 CLUB

No. He's not quirky. He's a phony.

Trust me, Leila, and Bernstein think he's a phony and a weirdo. They just can't say it to him or he'll accuse them of being racist.

Bernstein ain't gonna say a word. He's at a point where he's gonna go along to get along. He's wants to survive. He wants to do this SCORE radio shit for another 15 years. Leila just wants to look pretty on TV for as long as she can and be the cute girl on the radio for as long as she can.

But if you get a couple drinks in both Leila and Bernstein, both would say they would run from Larry if they didn't have to work with him. They both think he's a creep and a weirdo. And a phony/pretend nice guy. He's not.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Lawrence said the dumbest thing this afternoon I've ever heard on the Score.

He said it's ok for the Lions to draft a QB after Jared Goff's pro-bowl year. But it would be a mistake for the Bears to draft a QB with the #1 overall pick with Justin Fields on the roster, because none of the QBs in the draft are better than him.

How delusional can these radio people be, Bernstein included? How can you say, Larry, that Jared Goff is worse than Fields?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:31 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Dignified Rube wrote:

He said it's ok for the Lions to draft a QB after Jared Goff's pro-bowl year. But it would be a mistake for the Bears to draft a QB with the #1 overall pick with Justin Fields on the roster, because none of the QBs in the draft are better than him.

How delusional can these radio people be, Bernstein included? How can you say, Larry, that Jared Goff is worse than Fields?

Shit like that is farcical.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:32 pm 

Larry Holmes was silent when praising Justin Fields for taking responsibility Dan Wierderer referred to Fields as a "big boy".

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Tafdes
Tired of Larry changing his dialect to sound "black" when he thinks the guest or situation calls for it. Fake ass fucker!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:22 am 
1000 CLUB

Big Gunt wrote:
Tired of Larry changing his dialect to sound "black" when he thinks the guest or situation calls for it. Fake ass fucker!

I've said that for years. When talking to Bernstein, Larry speaks the kings English. When talking to Lance Briggs, Alex Brown or Devin Hester, he goes ghetto talk. Ya know what, that should be offensive to Briggs, Brown and Hester. But that's what Larry does. He's only called out on it here. Nobody in his real life checks him on this shit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: What??
umm....nevermind

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:36 am 
1000 CLUB

Big Gunt wrote:

What up fam!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:38 am 
1000 CLUB

Dignified Rube wrote:

That show (which has the exact same opinion on 99% of all topics) really does have Fields as a star. That's the position of the show at this point.

Holmes says a lot of dumb things, but, says them slow and reminds you that he has sources that inform his opinions (that are really facts).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Holmes expressing concerns about Claypool's lack of production. Does he realize that WR production is dependent on QB performance? You'd think WRs are responsible for throwing the ball to themselves.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
veganfan21 wrote:
Holmes expressing concerns about Claypool's lack of production. Does he realize that WR production is dependent on QB performance? You'd think WRs are responsible for throwing the ball to themselves.

After spending all day yesterday talking about Fields’ strength as a passer.

He targeted his most talented receiver 18 times in 5 games.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:35 pm 

Holmes has Fields being better than Hurts and said he played as well or better than Allen in the buffalo game.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:37 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Holmes has Fields being better than Hurts and said he played as well or better than Allen in the buffalo game.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
It has to be a bit.

My thing with Claypool is that he’s 6’4”, 240lbs, runs a 4.4 and has a 40+ inch vertical. He was also productive with the shell of Ben Roethlisberger. When people like Leery say Fields needs weapons, they’re generally talking about less accomplished guys with a similar physical profile.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:53 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
It has to be a bit.

My thing with Claypool is that he’s 6’4”, 240lbs, runs a 4.4 and has a 40+ inch vertical. He was also productive with the shell of Ben Roethlisberger. When people like Leery say Fields needs weapons, they’re generally talking about less accomplished guys with a similar physical profile.

some are gooing over Pickens and the two of them had nearly identical first year numbers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:38 am 

Larry Holmes is pushing Fields' 17th ranked QBR as an amazing positive.

On transition there was a bike horn added to show arsenal. I can see that being a Larry Holmes thing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:46 am 
Site Admin

vitoscotti wrote:

On transition there was a bike horn added to show arsenal. I can see that being a Larry Holmes thing.

A direct rip off of Murph.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Seacrest wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

A direct rip off of Murph.

Go blow Murph. A direct rip off of a dildo.