It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Franky T wrote:
Nas wrote:
I was watching on YouTube earlier and cut it off after one of his laughs.

The show is on YouTube?

I'm late, but the entire station is streamed on YouTube. I can't always listen to sports radio, but it can watch me in the background.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

The out of control laughing at things that aren't really even funny has to be a complete act and part of his radio personality. He does this at least once a segment. I think the guy is probably generally happy to be hosting with Bernstein, but there is no way he could be that amused to that extent every 20 minutes, every day.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
BD wrote:
Nas wrote:

The out of control laughing at things that aren't really even funny has to be a complete act and part of his radio personality. He does this at least once a segment. I think the guy is probably generally happy to be hosting with Bernstein, but there is no way he could be that amused to that extent every 20 minutes, every day.

It's an awful laugh. He should probably listen to his own show so he can stop doing it

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:08 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
BD wrote:
Holmes is so insecure. Still going out of his way to talk about how he held Lovie Smith to task, how Rick Hahn is mad at him right now and how Kenny Williams would swear at each other and then hug it out .

Ahh yes, the infamous spring training golf cart rides with Kinny. I always assumed that when Larry took a ride with Kinny to the practice fields during the spring that it resulted to Larry blowing Kinny. Larry intimated that things would border on being physical but we all know that doesn’t mean any kind of fight because Larry would get decimated.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:09 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Nas wrote:
BD wrote:
Nas wrote:

It's an awful laugh. He should probably listen to his own show so he can stop doing it

Worse fake laugh I’ve ever heard. Mullys is bad too, but Larry’s is definitely worse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
BD wrote:
Holmes is so insecure. Still going out of his way to talk about how he held Lovie Smith to task, how Rick Hahn is mad at him right now and how Kenny Williams would swear at each other and then hug it out.

Meanwhile, he's mentioning every player/coach by their nicknames, acting like he's friends with everyone.

All at the same time of offering up some really bad football thoughts daily.

He thinks that is some great accomplishment. Lovie was laughing at him.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
BD wrote:
Holmes is so insecure. Still going out of his way to talk about how he held Lovie Smith to task, how Rick Hahn is mad at him right now and how Kenny Williams would swear at each other and then hug it out.

Meanwhile, he's mentioning every player/coach by their nicknames, acting like he's friends with everyone.

All at the same time of offering up some really bad football thoughts daily.

That Kenny Williams story was ridiculous. It was nothing but posturing on his part.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:08 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
As gay as Larry is with no self awareness, I'm more embarrassed for you turds who tune in to this show and then comment- complain.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Laurence just announced that he is hosting the last 2 weeks of "Football After Show" on NBC sports Chicago. While that in and of itself doesn't seem like a big deal he is thanking all of the mentors he has had that led up this moment (Olin being one). He seems to be hinting that this could lead to more...not sure if that could mean a full time TV gig? Also, he said that Dave Kaplan is taking early retirement from NBC Sports and "Unfiltered" is being replaced by football show which includes LoHo as a semi-regular host.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Who's the fill in host who seriously asked Leila and Holmes if they would trade DeMar and Zach for Luka? What a dumb question - you trade the whole team for Luka.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Flipping channels driving heard Larry & Leila talking about ex Score producer Melissa having to be dumped for a vulgar comment. L & L went crazy how funny it was. It wasn't that funny. Larry bragged up the ratings then mumbled something about "6 months from now" I imagine referring to Audacy's 20¢ stock price almost certain company doom. Unfortunately Leila has become a Larry puppet playing up to him and going heavy on the dumb White redneck guy voices. Switched to ESPN 1000 with Peggy then transition. Like night and day with the better more listenable quality.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Laurence just announced that he is hosting the last 2 weeks of "Football After Show" on NBC sports Chicago. While that in and of itself doesn't seem like a big deal he is thanking all of the mentors he has had that led up this moment (Olin being one). He seems to be hinting that this could lead to more...not sure if that could mean a full time TV gig? Also, he said that Dave Kaplan is taking early retirement from NBC Sports and "Unfiltered" is being replaced by football show which includes LoHo as a semi-regular host.

How do these media outlets have nothing in the way of fresh talent? NBC is bringing larry back and WSCR keeps having to hire out of market. There are plenty of good podcasters and youtubers out there. Why retread the same boring people?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
TriColoredPastas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

How do these media outlets have nothing in the way of fresh talent? NBC is bringing larry back and WSCR keeps having to hire out of market. There are plenty of good podcasters and youtubers out there. Why retread the same boring people?

I dunno. Creativeness has hit a brick wall. It's hard to find. People actually get their ass in a sling being creative.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:12 pm 

Nardi wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

I dunno. Creativeness has hit a brick wall. It's hard to find. People actually get their ass in a sling being creative.

Then these companies deserve audacy's fate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:19 pm 

Creativity hasn't hit a brick wall, it has simply moved on from old media. There is no shortage of creative people, they just all happen to be online. Legacy media is over.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
TriColoredPastas wrote:
Creativity hasn't hit a brick wall, it has simply moved on from old media. There is no shortage of creative people, they just all happen to be online. Legacy media is over.

It’d help if some of the old people moved on.

Creativity is a young man’s game.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:27 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Big things ahead for this regional cable channel that can't afford to employ Dave Kaplan.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
TriColoredPastas wrote:

Agreed. I should have been specific to terrestrial radio and over the air television. But even so, you can still get railroaded on youtube, you can still get smeared by google and apple.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:41 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Age has to be a thing. What was Mac when score began almost 30? Terry almost 40? Young men are the creative geniuses. Unfortunately we have Parkins.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:34 pm 

Terrestrial sports radio doesn't have to die, all it has to do is differentiate itself from other shows. Rosen appears to think this is accomplished by interviewing players and newspaper beat writers. But the online competition already does that. The only way to win is to make the station more caller-centric. They have tried to summon a listener-interactive fanbase through twitch, but that has failed for a number of reasons. The move is to take more calls, good or bad. Bernstein won't like it, spiegel won't like it, larry won't like it and the producers wont like it. But if WSCR doesn't at least attempt to utilize the only thing that makes them stand out from the crowd, the only thing they have to cling to is the average guy's routine and presets. The former is dwindling, the latter is becoming irrelevant.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:49 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
TriColoredPastas wrote:
Terrestrial sports radio doesn't have to die, all it has to do is differentiate itself from other shows. Rosen appears to think this is accomplished by interviewing players and newspaper beat writers. But the online competition already does that. The only way to win is to make the station more caller-centric. They have tried to summon a listener-interactive fanbase through twitch, but that has failed for a number of reasons. The move is to take more calls, good or bad. Bernstein won't like it, spiegel won't like it, larry won't like it and the producers wont like it. But if WSCR doesn't at least attempt to utilize the only thing that makes them stand out from the crowd, the only thing they have to cling to is the average guy's routine and presets. The former is dwindling, the latter is becoming irrelevant.

I agree with this. It's a way to connect to the "fans" like they used to do. Like you said, it's a way to differentiate from podcasts. I hate podcasts because they aren't live.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:12 pm 

I've said the same thing time and time again. Entercom has decided that they are not in the radio business, they are in the podcast business and happen to run some of their podcasts live over radio. I find this profoundly stupid.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:30 pm 

If Larry Holmes beat his dick into teriyaki jerky because he uses soy sauce and can't stop thinking about himself he would cut it off and eat it for the moral boost.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:39 pm 

Franky T wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:

I agree with this. It's a way to connect to the "fans" like they used to do. Like you said, it's a way to differentiate from podcasts. I hate podcasts because they aren't live.

Go figure. Talking to fans is the key. Lol it’s like an upper management seminar on how to kill your business the way they treated callers the last ten years or more.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:40 pm 

I really should approach Rosen as a consultant.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:43 pm 

Nobody under the age of 50 talks on the phone. Taking callers is not the solution. Radio is dead.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:46 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Nobody under the age of 50 talks on the phone. Taking callers is not the solution. Radio is dead.

Good point. Text and Twitter killed the fax machine.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:48 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Good point. Text and Twitter killed the fax machine.

Those suck too. There really is no solution. Just pull the plug or play reruns. The ratings would probably be similar.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:05 am 

I’m not sure what. But it used to be the connection to the audience and the live aspect. Thee fractured and on demand podcasts may fill the need. But as you say won’t help the dead medium.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:31 am 

DAC is always on his high horse -- but don't you dare point that out! -- about how caller-driven radio is a foolish waste of time and that his valuable time is better spent listening to expert insight from trusted analysts such as, I dunno, Boomer Esiason or something. But think back on the good old days of B&B. As much caller-based content there was then, there was a lot of expert-analysis content, too. Hub had an hour a week to share his thoughts. They'd have Bryan Billick on for some reason. Brad Biggs, Matt Bowen, random NBA beat writers no one cared about talking about games the Bulls weren't playing in, so on down the line. All those guys did all those hits and I don't really remember anything from them. Maybe it's stupid to think that I would, but I don't even remember coming away from them feeling all that enlightened in the moment. Those were just the vegetables we had to eat to get to the fun stuff, which I remember rather well.

If we can't base sports radio around live interaction anymore because everyone under 50 has a panic attack over picking up the phone, then yeah, the format is dead, put it out of its misery, please. Just run gambling talk all day and gambling commercials in between. The point of sports radio was never the sports, it was the sense of community -- "like being at the bar," they called it then, "toxic parasocial relationships," we call it now. That's what, sorry to say, Barstool gets and Entercom management doesn't.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next