It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:25 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Wonder what Larry thinks which of his work qualifies as "best of the Score?" His comic book talk with Herbie? NFL kneeling tears? Maddon, Ross, Heyward ass kissing? TLR bashing? Maybe I'm missing something extraordinary?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:18 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
vitoscotti wrote:
Wonder what Larry thinks which of his work qualifies as "best of the Score?" His comic book talk with Herbie? NFL kneeling tears? Maddon, Ross, Heyward ass kissing? TLR bashing? Maybe I'm missing something extraordinary?

his female mentorship

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
He had a fairly ridiculous segment on the show this morning called "What Did I Miss?" The segment is supposed to be a discussion of what he missed in his weekly Bears Sun Times column. Except, instead of posing that question to the callers, and barely even posing it to Bernstein, he just answered it himself.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:50 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Warren Newson wrote:
He had a fairly ridiculous segment on the show this morning called "What Did I Miss?" The segment is supposed to be a discussion of what he missed in his weekly Bears Sun Times column. Except, instead of posing that question to the callers, and barely even posing it to Bernstein, he just answered it himself.

That's why he's a pro.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:06 am 

Warren Newson wrote:

"I missed nothing!"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:53 am 

Listened to Bernstein & Larry Holmes coming back from Jewel. They take a call from Bob. Bob says it's good to talk to a "DePaul boy" Larry changed his voice responding making it weak. He responds weakly "I've been here all along." Then he almost shouts out "I'm a grown ass man too". What a pussy. This is racist Larry who uses the race card to pound TLR at every opportunity.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

vitoscotti wrote:
Listened to Bernstein & Larry Holmes coming back from Jewel. They take a call from Bob. Bob says it's good to talk to a "DePaul boy" Larry changed his voice responding making it weak. He responds weakly "I've been here all along." Then he almost shouts out "I'm a grown ass man too". What a pussy. This is racist Larry who uses the race card to pound TLR at every opportunity.

That call was definitely either a spoof or just somebody looking for a reaction. If that was real, I don't understand why Holmes would reply back with "I'm a grown ass man too." It also goes to show how thin skinned he is. If they are taking callers, and it's usually no more than a handful, they seriously can't screen them any better?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

Warren Newson wrote:

It was an odd segment. The way I heard it, he wanted to review with Bernstein what they may have missed in their coverage that could lead to the game turning out better than they are expecting for the Bears.

He was pretty pleased with the outcome of it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Italian Fiesta
Apparently Larry was considered for White Sox play by play when Farmer passed away. He then got a call that Len Kasper was available and being the altruist that we all know he is he said "hire Len Kasper" and gave the Sox his blessing to hire Len.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:07 am 

$5000 Suit wrote:
Apparently Larry was considered for White Sox play by play when Farmer passed away. He then got a call that Len Kasper was available and being the altruist that we all know he is he said "hire Len Kasper" and gave the Sox his blessing to hire Len.

was this according to Larry? self congratulatory weasel that he is

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Looking forward to his claim, after the next mayoral election, that he was encouraged by MANY to run for mayor. He gave it serious consideration, but thought better of it as his take-charge attitude and short temper would be more than alderpersons and the city council could handle.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:22 pm 

SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
$5000 Suit wrote:

Larry said this on George Offman podcast.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:44 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Tad Queasy wrote:
Looking forward to his claim, after the next mayoral election, that he was encouraged by MANY to run for mayor. He gave it serious consideration, but thought better of it as his take-charge attitude and short temper would be more than alderpersons and the city council could handle.

RAHM THAT!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:51 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
$5000 Suit wrote:
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
$5000 Suit wrote:

Larry said this on George Offman podcast.

As ridiculous as this sounds...given Jerry Reinsdorf weird personnel decisions over the years...it might have actually happened :lol:

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:45 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
"As a former catcher, I'd want one low and away, but what would you do here, Dearin?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

$5000 Suit wrote:

You know why there is proof that this is one of Larry's many lies?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Farmer died 2 years before Len got the job, right? They were on WGN and, I forget his name, but another guy had the radio job before Len got it the following year.

Just add this to the list of Larry either lying or building himself up.

1. I got accepted to Harvard. That's a lie

2. I had and MLB tryout. I was almost in MLB. No. Teams do tryouts to stock their minor leagues. Cuz they need players to form a team. 80% of minor leaguers have no shot to make it. He was just a DePaul fucking club player.

3. How about this one? I'm straight, look, I married a white women. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Curious Hair wrote:
"As a former catcher, I'd want one low and away, but what would you do here, Dearin?"

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:10 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Franky T wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

:lol:

A week later and I'm still laughing at this one. :lol: :lol:

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:22 am 

During today's interview with Mike Florio Larry referenced himself in every question he asked.It was hilarious because you'd know it was coming and it did.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:35 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
orioleboy wrote:
During today's interview with Mike Florio Larry referenced himself in every question he asked.It was hilarious because you'd know it was coming and it did.

And while discussing NE QB's he had to tell Florio he had a Bama degree (online).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I was watching on YouTube earlier and cut it off after one of his laughs.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:18 pm 

orioleboy wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: you weren't kidding

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
pittmike wrote:
orioleboy wrote:

And while discussing NE QB's he had to tell Florio he had a Bama degree (online).

Additionally, no one I know references their Masters or JD school as providing a tie to the sports programs at that school.

I went to U of I undergrad, and Northwestern for an MBA. I only cheer for, and care about, the first place Fighting Illini!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:36 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
:salut:

I’d check in on the Maroons if I knew they were ever playing anything.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Heisenberg wrote:
pittmike wrote:
orioleboy wrote:

Additionally, no one I know references their Masters or JD school as providing a tie to the sports programs at that school.

I went to U of I undergrad, and Northwestern for an MBA. I only cheer for, and care about, the first place Fighting Illini!

Or you could be me and go to a school and actively root against it!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:54 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Nas wrote:
I was watching on YouTube earlier and cut it off after one of his laughs.

The show is on YouTube?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:07 pm 

During transition, they were talking about Tony Wise and Larry mentioned his time coaching offense. Is there anything Larry can't do?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
$5000 Suit wrote:
During transition, they were talking about Tony Wise and Larry mentioned his time coaching offense. Is there anything Larry can't do?

Diet
Exercise
Speak to a female without making everybody listening uncomfortable

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:28 pm 

Larry and Bernstein try to outdo each other with technical football terminology. When they lay it on actual football people they have to think these guys are clueless.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

Holmes is so insecure. Still going out of his way to talk about how he held Lovie Smith to task, how Rick Hahn is mad at him right now and how Kenny Williams would swear at each other and then hug it out.

Meanwhile, he's mentioning every player/coach by their nicknames, acting like he's friends with everyone.

All at the same time of offering up some really bad football thoughts daily.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next