It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown: It’s Dan and Larry for Christ sake. You won’t feel a thing, Leila.

Leila: :(

Larry: :oops:

Dan: :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Leila subbing for LoHo today.

As I got in the car they were discussing some report that had Justin Fields near the bottom of QB rankings, and all the two of them could do was discredit that opinion and defend him as a victim of the Nagy system, suggest we hit the reset button, etc.

Then they talked about the baseball Hall of Fame, and how "it's great that we include more people" (like Baines?) and "it doesn't hurt those who are in." We can argue whether so-and-so deserves to be elected, but why can't people like Dan admit that it absolutely affects those who are in? It dilutes the meaning of their HoF membership. I don't care whether David Ortiz is a great ambassador to the game, as Leila suggested as a reason he belongs.

I was surprised Dan didn't go after Jim Kaat for his broadcasting faux pas, though I stopped listening before I could find out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:21 pm 

Mitch is the most transparent of leaders.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Fields cant be at the bottom - didnt you see the orange helmets? Thats gotta count for +100 XP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Jaw Breaker wrote:

As I got in the car they were discussing some report that had Justin Fields near the bottom of QB rankings, and all the two of them could do was discredit that opinion and defend him as a victim of the Nagy system, suggest we hit the reset button, etc.

Then they talked about the baseball Hall of Fame, and how "it's great that we include more people" (like Baines?) and "it doesn't hurt those who are in." We can argue whether so-and-so deserves to be elected, but why can't people like Dan admit that it absolutely affects those who are in? It dilutes the meaning of their HoF membership. I don't care whether David Ortiz is a great ambassador to the game, as Leila suggested as a reason he belongs.

I was surprised Dan didn't go after Jim Kaat for his broadcasting faux pas, though I stopped listening before I could find out.

I thought I heard Bernstein say that once Baines got into the HOF he quit caring about it. He is fine with it as a museum but doesn't really see it as the important shrine that he once believed it to be.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Someone will eventually have a plaque in Cooperstown that reads "Good guy. Buys drinks."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

I thought I heard Bernstein say that once Baines got into the HOF he quit caring about it. He is fine with it as a museum but doesn't really see it as the important shrine that he once believed it to be.

That's Loho levels of fence sitting/wind sock-ery

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
Hardly listen, don't know why I turned it on...they were taking calls, and making fun of the callers (and essentially their audience.) They really thought they were quite clever, but I'm not sure how any listens to this.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

Why does "Leila Wednesday" exist? Is she really that big of a draw where she needs to come in once a week? Never understood it. She seems like a nice person, likes to laugh, but her sports takes, particularly on football, are pretty bad. She's fine on baseball, but, they must think that having a women on once a week is attracting enough men.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
BD wrote:
Why does "Leila Wednesday" exist? Is she really that big of a draw where she needs to come in once a week? Never understood it. She seems like a nice person, likes to laugh, but her sports takes, particularly on football, are pretty bad. She's fine on baseball, but, they must think that having a women on once a week is attracting enough men.

It's checking a box for the station.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:21 pm 

Leila comes across as one of those girls who is an absolute freak in bed. Ike approved.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
BD wrote:

she probably feels she has something important and of value; her opinion - to give about sports. same reason(s) why we post? she's on channel 5 for 25 mins a week? no time or forum to give her opinions. this way, i believe she stays more relevant, instead of leaving the radio waves all together.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Last week when Leery said it was admirable that Reinsdorf is loyal to his partners and employees, she asked "what about loyalty to the clients?"

She contributes. Objectively more than Haugh and arguably more than Parkins. And probably works harder than any on air "talent" in the city, other than the windsock, Kap.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nardi wrote:
Last week when Leery said it was admirable that Reinsdorf is loyal to his partners and employees, she asked "what about loyalty to the clients?"

She contributes. Objectively more than Haugh and arguably more than Parkins. And probably works harder than any on air "talent" in the city, other than the windsock, Kap.

Sounds like Nardi spanks it to Leila's sportscasts for channel 5.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

I can see why should would continue doing the Wednesday shows. They are paying her, it keeps her options open. From the Score's perspective, does this really help add to their female audience or in general? Like I said above, she's likeable, is fine on baseball, but just seems odd to have their new heavyweight show need to co-host once per week.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:45 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Nardi wrote:

Imagine being this woman's boss.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:31 am 

BD wrote:
I can see why should would continue doing the Wednesday shows. They are paying her, it keeps her options open. From the Score's perspective, does this really help add to their female audience or in general? Like I said above, she's likeable, is fine on baseball, but just seems odd to have their new heavyweight show need to co-host once per week.

There isn't a single other woman on air at the station full time, part time or even as a fill in.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:53 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Sometime during her Score gig Leila has to have realized the male hosts forte is fast mindless talking. The main goal is no dead spots incorporated with a mandated PC, pro Cubs theme. After that is met the content isn't important. You'll never be challenged or critiqued on anything you say. The other hosts will agree with all you say if it follows the mandated guidelines. Just be a talking mule. At sometime she had to say to yourself I've been overthinking this gig. It's better to just play the game. If they tread water with limited sports knowledge, I can do this.