It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:21 pm 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
He's not a racist.

He's not who he presents himself to be but he's not a racist.

On the other hand, I'm of the belief we are all kind of racist, or at least biased if you prefer that term

Who is his gated community designed to keep out?

Pat Tomosulo

:lol:

I'm not really sure he lives in a gated community. I just know you've said he does.

It's not gated like with a posted guardhouse. I don't think Chicago let's you get away with that or Beverly would have gated the entire neighborhood off years ago. It's more like the gates when you enter/exit a paid parking structure.

We do the cul de sac in Chicago. I do know of a gated community on the Southside. I believe they may even have private security.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EamdE-5-FmU

There's a second gated townhome community a little west built on the site of the former Unity HS. I think it may have been built first.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
he's a non-racist that pretends to be racist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
This guy always manages to stay relevant no matter his affectation of the moment. I don't think he cares what anyone thinks off him, he just wants to be top of mind. He's basically the voice of the station at this point.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
DB watches sports like every normal person on the planet.

Dan Bernstein
@dan_bernstein
Is it just me, or does Smoltz go out of his way to not use the actual names of anyone on Team Japan? It’s like he just loves pronouns.

Kidding. I’d bet pronouns currently terrify him.
7:48 PM · Mar 21, 2023
·

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

Bernstein has been on the "Smoltz is a racist" thing for a while cuz Smoltz is old school. Doesn't like celebrations for making a routine catch in the 5th. Bernstein used to hate that shit too. Then he claimed to evolve so he can say guys like Smoltz are racist.

Bernstein has a pecking order of racists. He thinks he's one of the good racists and entitled to be so. Smoltz and North are the bad racists.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:56 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Beardown wrote:
Bernstein has been on the "Smoltz is a racist" thing for a while cuz Smoltz is old school. Doesn't like celebrations for making a routine catch in the 5th. Bernstein used to hate that shit too. Then he claimed to evolve so he can say guys like Smoltz are racist.

Bernstein has a pecking order of racists. He thinks he's one of the good racists and entitled to be so. Smoltz and North are the bad racists.

what ?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:11 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Here's a head scratcher. Today he said if you like college ball over the NBA, you're a racist. Then went on to say what a joy the 5'6" guard from K State and Timmee from Gonzaga is.

He wiped out his own argument in one swoop....Smart Radio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:27 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Nardi wrote:
Here's a head scratcher. Today he said if you like college ball over the NBA, you're a racist. Then went on to say what a joy the 5'6" guard from K State and Timmee from Gonzaga is.

You have no idea how much I love white baskteball. Go Princeton!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:34 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nardi wrote:

College has been hard to watch since the Butler/Duke championship. Clank....bad pass....clank....stupid foul.....clank.....terrible call....clank.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nardi wrote:

College has been hard to watch since the Butler/Duke championship. Clank....bad pass....clank....stupid foul.....clank.....terrible call....clank.

You just described every WNBA game.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:57 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nardi wrote:

You just described every WNBA game.

I wouldn't know. Neither would straight women, from what I hear.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:41 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
20 years ago that was the racist litmus test. College ball over NBA meant white team players over black athleticism. They played the game the right way.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:21 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
[quote="Nardi"][quote="Joe Orr Road Rod"][quote="Nardi"]Here's a head scratcher. Today he said if you like college ball over the NBA, you're a racist. Then went on to say what a joy the 5'6" guard from K State and Timmee from Gonzaga is.

He wiped out his own argument in one swoop....Smart Radio[/quote]

You have no idea how much I love white baskteball. Go Princeton![/quote]
College has been hard to watch since the Butler/Duke championship. Clank....bad pass....clank....stupid foul.....clank.....terrible call....clank.[/quote]

Greatest game I ever saw:

https://youtu.be/s0bWwD8uSds

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

Bagels wrote:
Beardown wrote:

what ?

I know. Makes no sense what I just said. You gotta understand. I'm explaining radio people. Specifically Bernstein. And I've explained them all though the years. They're not normal people. So logic doesn't apply.

Just be grateful that you have me while you have me. One day I'm gonna ask for a liver and none of you will give it to me.

Here's the deal with Bernstein. He loves calling people racist. Loves doing it. Be it John Smoltz or people who like college basketball.

Why does he do that? Becuase he knows he's a racist. He knows it. He also knows that his friends and co workers know it.

He also knows that Goff and Larry know that he's a racist. Because I informed them of that fact years ago. Goff and Larry will never admit that. They'll never give me credit for informing them. That's fine. Just me knowing that they know it is enough form me.

Bernstein feels white guilt.

I heard an interesting interview by Bill Maher about this on his podcast. Forget the guy he was interviewing. Doesn't matter. But he made the point that elite whites like Bernstein feel the need to speak out against racist cuz they know they are racist. Like Bernstein. But Bernstein considers himself the best kink of racist, like I've said.

I'll be blunt here. If Bernstein's daughter married a black guy he'd be insane. He'd pretend to like him at family gatherings buy all along he would hate it. Bernstein is the intelligent Archie Bunker. Make no mistake about that.

Bernstein once admittted that he needed to marry a Jewish girl on Shaer's show when he hooked him up with his wife. Think about that. Isn't that racist? Of course it is. Not only did Bernstein decide that he would never date a black girl or a latino, he decided he wouldn't even date a god damn Catholic girl.

So, yes, Bernstein is a racist. And he's the worst kind of racist And you know what? Bernstein know that about himself. That's why he calls out others for being racist cuz he feels guilt about him self.

****MIC DROP****

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:35 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Bernstein is the intelligent Archie Bunker.

:lol: that is one of the best things I have read around here in quite a while. I like it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:12 am 

Warren Newson wrote:
This guy always manages to stay relevant no matter his affectation of the moment. I don't think he cares what anyone thinks off him, he just wants to be top of mind. He's basically the voice of the station at this point.

It's critically important to him that others think he's intelligent.

I think his face of the station era passed with Parkins getting afternoon drive. However, as Mc Neil detailed in his show a few days ago, it is Mully who gets the phenomenal ratings and has held down the critical morning drive for over a decade.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:23 am 

college basketball seems like a great melting pot not only of races but national origins but I would bet the majority of D1 players are african american

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:07 am 

good dolphin wrote:
college basketball seems like a great melting pot not only of races but national origins but I would bet the majority of D1 players are african american

Bernsie usually went after the Valpo and Princeton type teams that were white and played “team” basketball. Black teams were also looked down upon if the Knight, Alford type men were the coaches.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:08 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

I think his face of the station era passed with Parkins getting afternoon drive. However, as Mc Neil detailed in his show a few days ago, it is Mully who gets the phenomenal ratings and has held down the critical morning drive for over a decade.

And Mully somehow takes calls.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:30 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

Despite having a mannequin as a sidekick.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:33 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

As has been discussed here previously, he's definitely insecure. However, I've got to disagree with you about the voice of the station thing, he has more of an influence on the local sports radio scene than Mully and Parkins and is probably also more recognizable to the average sports fan than both of them. Also, for what it's worth, he plays that cynical button pushing game better than anyone else on 670 and 1000.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:34 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I don't think the station has a voice anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:29 am 

Warren Newson wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

As has been discussed here previously, he's definitely insecure. However, I've got to disagree with you about the voice of the station thing, he has more of an influence on the local sports radio scene than Mully and Parkins and is probably also more recognizable to the average sports fan than both of them. Also, for what it's worth, he plays that cynical button pushing game better than anyone else on 670 and 1000.

the only time i ever look at ratings is when one of this board's memorable characters posts them, but I wonder if the ratings bear this out

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:33 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

THIS

And I he loses a lot of the lead in daily that is provided to him by Mully.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:12 am 

I can get Bernstein's thoughts on anything by reading Defector just like he does. I don't think he has stayed relevant at all.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Curious Hair wrote:
I can get Bernstein's thoughts on anything by reading Defector just like he does. I don't think he has stayed relevant at all.

I first started reading Deadspin when I was an active listener to B&B. I realized that conservatively, ~90% of Deeyan’s content came from Deadspin, to the point I have no idea how he did his job before the mid-2000s.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:48 am 

It was around 2012 when he really started leaning on Deadspin, somewhere in that Daulerio era of being scumbags and neo-puritans at the same time. I don't think he rode the Leitch years quite as hard.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:47 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

the only time i ever look at ratings is when one of this board's memorable characters posts them, but I wonder if the ratings bear this out

I'm not even talking about the ratings, I'm talking about the number of Bernstein clones in sports talk radio. All the producers and hosts under the age of 40 have seemed to adopt that condescending, holier than thou, "I don't care what reaction I get from my audience, as long as I get a reaction" Bernsteinesque attitude. Although, in fairness, I would characterize Parkins' perona as half Bernstein/half McNeil.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:51 pm 

The "Bernstein clone" era has come and gone. Younger hosts who seem like Bernstein clones are more likely clones of Nick Wright: social justice crossed with sucking off LeBron James nonstop.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

The position he puts Larry in is quite something. Bernstein gets a hard on over it. Making the point of racism before Larry cuz Larry can't do it.

Dan: People who say college BB is better then the pros are just racist crackers.

Larry: That's right, Dan.

Larry has to pause before agreeing to show he doesn't completely hate the evil white man.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next