It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Making the switch
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Bears content is what interests me, it was the reason I went to sports talk radio as a kid, still what interests me today, and it is the primary reason that I have totally switched to WMVP.

The current lineup on the score is so distracted by trying to do some form of socially acceptable sports talk radio that they have lost sight of what launched the station, finding the coverage on WMVP to be a bit different and better now that they are the flagship station for the Bears and no longer have any reason to waste time fast-forwarding through pods on WSCR to move past the obligatory social justice tedium to maybe get 30 seconds of unique Bears content.

Post subject: Re: Making the switch
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:11 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Clawmaster wrote:
Bears content is what interests me, it was the reason I went to sports talk radio as a kid, still what interests me today, and it is the primary reason that I have totally switched to WMVP.

The current lineup on the score is so distracted by trying to do some form of socially acceptable sports talk radio that they have lost sight of what launched the station, finding the coverage on WMVP to be a bit different and better now that they are the flagship station for the Bears and no longer have any reason to waste time fast-forwarding through pods on WSCR to move past the obligatory social justice tedium to maybe get 30 seconds of unique Bears content.

The Bears aren't on WBBM anymore?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Franky T wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

and Clawmaster doesn't like the Score lineup,...something, something, something, social justice.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
As the kids say, this isn't an airport, you don't have to announce your departure.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:14 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

and Clawmaster doesn't like the Score lineup,...something, something, something, social justice.

Thanks for your call

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:00 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Franky T wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Nope, Audacy dropped them, and WMVP picked them up

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:21 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Clawmaster wrote:
I have totally switched to WMVP...The current lineup on the score...obligatory social justice tedium.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:24 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
I have totally switched to WMVP...

No you didn't.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:40 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I like listening to Brad Biggs and Hub Arkush. Couldn't care less about Anthony Harron, Jared Payton, Pat Manley and the rest of the so called experts. Give me the crusty old guys who aren't cheerleaders.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:49 am 

Having 2 admitted non-sports guys Parkins & Spiegel on-air for the Bears first pick has to be a low point in Score Bears coverage history.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:49 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

No you didn't.

Have you been riding with me to work?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:00 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

No you didn't.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:58 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

:lol: :lol: Seems about right.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
blackhawksfan wrote:
I like listening to Brad Biggs and Hub Arkush. Couldn't care less about Anthony Harron, Jared Payton, Pat Manley and the rest of the so called experts. Give me the crusty old guys who aren't cheerleaders.

Was good to hear Hub and Grote this afternoon to counter the stupidity of Gabe Ramirez.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:05 pm 

DAC wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Why if it isn't DAC, WSCR's own knight in shiny white armor riding in on his trusty steed to defend the honor of his guys yet again.

Have read this book many times, but glad to see he's still a fan of the Claw.

Thanks for your call.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:22 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

No you didn't.

You talk about The Score more than anyone on this board. You haven't switched.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 7:16 am 

Even at the height of Bears talk, the hosts are always trying to push the topic back to the Cubs, which Parkins tells me has nothing to do with the Cubs being a synergistic partner

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 7:19 am 

Did you find a safe space for sports talk?

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 11:41 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

No you didn't.

You talk about The Score more than anyone on this board. You haven't switched.

More Bears than anything else these days, in the past month maybe 10 mins of WSCR in the car in morning on the way to work.

Have gone entirely to pods, WMVP is the only live stuff now.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 11:42 am 

Brick wrote:
Did you find a safe space for sports talk?

Thought that was what this was?

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 4:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Beggars
Initially I listened more to 670 & occasionally 1000. Though once I started listening via Twitch & found it much easier to flip back & forth, I found myself almost entirely listening to 1000. I’ll still flip back here & there except for Bernstein as the various version of his shows have just been abominations. I enjoy 1000, it’s refreshing to listen to them without getting the obvious political leanings or very. Important. radio. of 670. Plus I would take the football acumen of Waddle & Jurko over anyone on 670 and it’s not even close.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 1:20 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I rarely listen to either, but being a Bears fan and during Bears season I like Hub and Dan Wiederer. I like Silvy's reactions and honestly find Waddle boring, even though he played.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 10:39 am 
1000 CLUB

blackhawksfan wrote:

I'm pretty convinced that Biggs knows nothing more than an educated Bears fan. He's fine, gives his opinions, but does he provide anything with all of his connections to the Bears? Like most of the local media, they don't have much inside information to share.

As a guest though, he's fine, it's always good to hear a good Bears conversation. Herron and Hub are also good. Hub has some pretty bad opinions, but he's not afraid to say stupid things (and think he's right). Herron is very good.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 10:40 am 
1000 CLUB

vitoscotti wrote:
Having 2 admitted non-sports guys Parkins & Spiegel on-air for the Bears first pick has to be a low point in Score Bears coverage history.

How are these non-sports guys? Spiegal isn't very good, but he at least tries to talk football. Parkins just has hot takes that sometimes are good, but often are pretty bad.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 10:42 am 
1000 CLUB

cookie23 wrote:
I rarely listen to either, but being a Bears fan and during Bears season I like Hub and Dan Wiederer. I like Silvy's reactions and honestly find Waddle boring, even though he played.

Wiederer was one of those "experts" who thought it was more valuable to have 5 or 6 wins on a team going through a rebuild with massive player turnover than the #1 pick in the draft that could be flipped for multiple players/picks.

Nice guy, but maybe the worst take of the season (which he kept defending).

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 10:43 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Even at the height of Bears talk, the hosts are always trying to push the topic back to the Cubs, which Parkins tells me has nothing to do with the Cubs being a synergistic partner

On the Bernstein/Holmes show, I don't think they talk Cubs as much I would think they would. They seem more invested in White Sox and NBA talk.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 10:58 am 

I still listen to selected Score podcast interviews here and there where the vile hosts can't totally poison the waters. Also, some Bears postgame. Listeners have been stabbed in the back by the sjw trash hosts too often to listen much live anymore. Listening live is strictly a few minutes in the car flipping channels.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
I spend most of my listening time on a portable transistor radio while working on the farm or in the barn. I choose the lesser of two evils with M/H mornings over the screaming idiots from Bristol. At 11 I switch over for Greenie after an hour of ABB, if it's one of the three days a week he is not actually on, I run to music over the producer shows. At noon, we get a delayed Dan Patrick show for three hours, which leads to W/S. By the end of that show, there should be a ball game on.

I do like the Score weekend mornings, especially the baseball show. The network stuff is barely listenable, but background noise.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 6:34 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Clawmaster wrote:
DAC wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Why if it isn't DAC, WSCR's own knight in shiny white armor riding in on his trusty steed to defend the honor of his guys yet again.

Thanks for your call.

What took you so long? You've been bitching about the Score for so long yet you kept listening and complaining. For guys like you and Viscotti, find something else to listen to or shut the fuck up.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 8:19 pm 

DAC wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
DAC wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Thanks for your call.

What took you so long? You've been bitching about the Score for so long yet you kept listening and complaining. For guys like you and Viscotti, find something else to listen to or shut the fuck up.

Lol, you take this way too seriously lil' fella, this is the sandbox, of course there are always goofs that try to bully the other kids in the sandbox.

Do find you have picked an odd hill to die on here, but you love the current product, not the most common viewpoint here, but rather than tapping out by telling people to shut up, why not give chapter and verse as to why you feel others should consume the product.

I'll hang up and listen for my answer.