All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:49 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I can only hope they continue this momentum covering college football into the season to actually talk about games once in a while.

Bernstein ironically has never really produced listenable sports content for a sports radio guy.

Boers & Bernstein at its best was always sports-adjacent or meta-sports. Their efforts at doing hard sports talk -- having so-called Bears experts on, the Matt Bowen experience, tedious NBA minutiae -- were never very good, which, even as a fan of the show, always made it a curious choice for afternoon drive.

Let to his own devices that would be the entire bernstein experience: esoteric sports minutiae and social justice politics.

We got that when he was paired with Jason, and seem to be getting it again now with Leery.

Said it a million times but there's nothing fresh or interesting about fusing sports talk with a prestige-liberal consensus. Even ESPN eventually rebuilt itself around Dan Le Batard doing it. It's not 2006 anymore. Everyone can see where Dan gets all his ideas; they're the same ones everybody else has.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:28 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Seems that the political thoughts from a sport talk radio yakker would be similar to those of a political type talking about sports, to use WSCR terminology they would be "out of town stupid", with a few heaping tablespoons of "meatball" added.

Always thought Bernstein's oddly emotional venting about politics sounded very similar to the meatball callers talking about moving Zorich to linebacker back in the day.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:00 pm 

I had to go down to my office by O'hare yesterday and caught part of this show on the way home, my God is that bad radio.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:16 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchi's
He officially blocked me on twitter.The best day in sports will be when this jackass is out of the business.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Nicklin3011 wrote:
He officially blocked me on twitter.The best day in sports will be when this jackass is out of the business.

What did you say that got you blocked?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:46 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Seems this has devolved to the point that people are terrified that they will be flogged in the public square if their social media profile is not presented in the right manner.

Have heard that social media involved the limbic system, so there is a definite psychological impact for people that are heavily invested in their personal profile, hence you get suicides when things go wrong, there is an almost addiction to the feeling some get from positive cyber interactions.

It would crush a guy like Bernstein if his social media presentation was perceived as inappropriate by his peers, cannot have anything on there that makes people question that you are down with the struggle, it really is a very easy way to manipulate simple minded people, and you see that on display on a daily basis.

This will become even more profound if/when the Neuralink stuff takes off, you then will not be able to ever put your phone down, you will be connected 24/7, maybe that is how AI eventually takes over.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchi's
I know Northwestern will be terrible most likely, but hoping they start off 5-0 just to piss off Bernstein.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:45 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nicklin3011 wrote:
I know Northwestern will be terrible most likely, but hoping they start off 5-0 just to piss off Bernstein.

I can see Northwestern going 0 for 2023 if they lose to UTEP.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:34 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Nicklin3011 wrote:

I can see Northwestern going 0 for 2023 if they lose to UTEP.

They will beat Howard