It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
This is the best possible time to bring back Olin.

The midday-afternoon transition was a discussion of what constitutes acceptable hazing (Bernstein told a long-winded, horrifically boring story about sleep away camp; Spiegel had anecdotes from pledging a frat that nobody wants to join where better options exist).

That conversation becomes much more entertaining radio if a guy who swings dumbbells at teammates is involved.

That fraternity sounded like something else. I imagined a situation where there was some sort of fraternity draft and everyone who went undrafted just decided to make their own fraternity.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Warren Newson wrote:
This is the best possible time to bring back Olin.

The midday-afternoon transition was a discussion of what constitutes acceptable hazing (Bernstein told a long-winded, horrifically boring story about sleep away camp; Spiegel had anecdotes from pledging a frat that nobody wants to join where better options exist).

That conversation becomes much more entertaining radio if a guy who swings dumbbells at teammates is involved.

That fraternity sounded like something else. I imagined a situation where there was some sort of fraternity draft and everyone who went undrafted just decided to make their own fraternity.

For those with young children, what Spiegel described reminded me of Monsters University.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:39 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
If you think Olin Kreutz is a better person than Pat Fitzgerald your moral compass is so busted nothing you say can be taken seriously.

What Pat Fitzgerald condoned is/was far worse than anything we know of that Olin Kruetz ever did.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:00 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
If you think Olin Kreutz is a better person than Pat Fitzgerald your moral compass is so busted nothing you say can be taken seriously.

What Pat Fitzgerald condoned is/was far worse than anything we know of that Olin Kruetz ever did.

False. Violently threatening people while whacked out on steroids is a lot worse than dry humping hijinks no matter what dan bernstein tries to tell you.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:07 am 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

False. Violently threatening people while whacked out on steroids is a lot worse than dry humping hijinks no matter what dan bernstein tries to tell you.

After listening to just a few stories told by former players this week, it's hard to take you seriously if you don't think that there was a level of violence involved at NU.

The steroid claim is just the cherry on your sundae.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:34 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Trying to score the two against each other is a mug's game; let it suffice to say that the Score can't take the moral high ground on Northwestern and celebrate bringing back a violent oaf.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:58 am 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:
Trying to score the two against each other is a mug's game; let it suffice to say that the Score can't take the moral high ground on Northwestern and celebrate bringing back a violent oaf.

:lol: :lol:

Fair Enough

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:13 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
It's been more ike turn off the radio month. The station is almost unlistenable with the constant northwestern shit. It's bringing back terrible memories of the Penn state year. Too much. I get talking about the detail of the day. But filling the entire show... good lord.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:44 pm 
Site Admin

Darkside wrote:
It's been more ike turn off the radio month. The station is almost unlistenable with the constant northwestern shit. It's bringing back terrible memories of the Penn state year. Too much. I get talking about the detail of the day. But filling the entire show... good lord.

Get some rest, you have a big week coming up.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:58 am 

Darkside wrote:

Empty headed Haugh tried to equate the two the other day. Mully immediately shot that down saying that they weren't really analogous

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
good dolphin wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Empty headed Haugh tried to equate the two the other day. Mully immediately shot that down saying that they weren't really analogous

People seem to like these so here we go.

There are six SJW merit badges left.

Bernstein of course claims the first one. "Who has spent more airtime than I virtue signaling over the past decade, I exposed the evil white racists Duke Lacross players, spent weeks exposing the evil white Penn State racist crackers, exposed the evil white Patrick Kane, and I'm Jewish, I obviously get he first badge, in fact they should call the award, "The Dan Bernstein Award"

Parkins wants the next one. "I got rid of the evil white cracker known as Dan McNeil, dutifully repost every social justice tweet, and I'm Jewish, I get the second badge"

Speigel grabs the third badge. "I'm not sure about what you guys are talking about, but I love baseball and I'm Jewish, so I get one"

Larry Holmes grabs the fourth badge. "No one has done more to copy Dan Bernstein than I, plus I am the only black guy here so I get one"

Mully walks up and grabs the fifth one. "I'm a legacy left wing newspaper guy, and I'm Irish, I've earned it"

Haugh reaches for the last badge, but Bernstein pulls it away. "Your a white dude that likes country music, there is no way you could virtue signal enough to cancel out liking country music, no way you get a badge"

With that Bernstein hands the last badge to Mitch Rosen. "Nobody has done more to move this station from the racist white trash Mike North and Dan Mcneil era to the smart fans era, here is your award Mitch"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

These guys love to turn their show into a SJW show, but it would be so much better (if they really wanted to go down this route) if they weren't an echo chamber. Dan Bernstein and Lawrence Holmes state their opinions as facts. Their opinions are so far left that maybe 20% of the public would agree yet they are both so comfortable saying ridiculous things, not being challenged and occasionally referring to the texters as racists. It's hard to listen though when they say things in transition that are just bat shit crazy and so far left, but everyone just laughs and nods along as if there is nothing the least bit to be challenged...It would be nice though for some pushback to the comments made, but that won't happen in the current echo chamber.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
It wont happen because any pushback would get the host painted as racist and no one is going to jeopardize their career by doing that . Better to just nod your head and go along and stay employed.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:11 pm 

Now a volleyball player is suing because she was made to run sprints as punishment for violating some unexplained COVID policies.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
BD wrote:
Dan Bernstein and Lawrence Holmes state their opinions as facts. Their opinions are so far left that maybe 20% of the public would agree yet they are both so comfortable saying ridiculous things, not being challenged and occasionally referring to the texters as racists.
No different than JOrr and people like him. Presents opinions as facts, says outlandish things that are so fringe right nobody normal agrees with it, and when challenged or otherwise proved to be wrong and untruthful, just puts people on ignore or refers to them as simple.

That's the problem with America right now. MANY feel that people who are not 100% in lock step with you are the enemy. It's quite sad.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:21 pm 

Turn on 670 and hear Bernsie going on about that NW waterboarded people :lol:

What? Is there some new details out that I am not aware of?

I turned it off in a heartbeat

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:49 pm 

Turned on the radio on way to store, Dan was screaming into the radio the NW needed to fire their PR people now!!! Turned on a podcast.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Now a volleyball player is suing because she was made to run sprints as punishment for violating some unexplained COVID policies.

no she had to run SUICIDES OMG barbaric. If you were a disgruntled NW athlete now is your time to SHINE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:19 pm 

man of few opinions wrote:

no she had to run SUICIDES OMG barbaric. If you were a disgruntled NW athlete now is your time to SHINE

Yep this is where everyone comes out of the woodwork to get their 15 mins of fame.

Ran suicides and that is now hazing and unfair.

What an idiotic world we now live in.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
I'm waiting for the '94 chess team freshmen to chime in about the "polishing the bishop" induction ceremony

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:09 pm 
Site Admin

RFDC wrote:

Yep this is where everyone comes out of the woodwork to get their 15 mins of fame.

Ran suicides and that is now hazing and unfair.

What an idiotic world we now live in.

It's a slippery slope. It started with pearl clutching over some team building dry humping.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
I'm waiting for the '94 chess team freshmen to chime in about the "polishing the bishop" induction ceremony

Kapil Kulkarni will never break the sacred oath of secrecy he took.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
https://abc7chicago.com/northwestern-un ... /13541513/

Quote:
CHICAGO (WLS) -- Noted civil rights attorney Ben Crump and members of a Chicago law firm, along with a former Northwestern student-athlete, announced yet another lawsuit against the university after alleged hazing in the school's football program Monday.

Attorneys Crump, Steven M. Levin, Margaret Battersby Black and Richard Banks, along with former Northwestern quarterback Lloyd Yates held a news conference Monday in Chicago to announce the suit, which was filed Monday.

"This is the opportunity to eradicate hazing and abuse in college athletic programs from coast to coast," Crump said. "That's exactly what we intend to do, as this will undoubtedly be the MeToo movement of college athletics."

When discussing the above, Mark Grote said "The MeToo movement changed all of us. For the better!"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:28 pm 

The feminization of America.

Thanks Obama.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:09 am 

When does a personal injury attorney become a civil rights attorney? When he wins his first million dollar fee.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:20 am 

I can only hope they continue this momentum covering college football into the season to actually talk about games once in a while.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:56 am 

good dolphin wrote:
I can only hope they continue this momentum covering college football into the season to actually talk about games once in a while.

Bernstein ironically has never really produced listenable sports content for a sports radio guy.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:09 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:

Bernstein ironically has never really produced listenable sports content for a sports radio guy.

Boers & Bernstein at its best was always sports-adjacent or meta-sports. Their efforts at doing hard sports talk -- having so-called Bears experts on, the Matt Bowen experience, tedious NBA minutiae -- were never very good, which, even as a fan of the show, always made it a curious choice for afternoon drive.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:23 am 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Boers & Bernstein at its best was always sports-adjacent or meta-sports. Their efforts at doing hard sports talk -- having so-called Bears experts on, the Matt Bowen experience, tedious NBA minutiae -- were never very good, which, even as a fan of the show, always made it a curious choice for afternoon drive.

Let to his own devices that would be the entire bernstein experience: esoteric sports minutiae and social justice politics.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Curious Hair wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

You would get an occasional Uncle Terry moment, but even those dissipated as his health deteriorated, it became quite a slog toward the end.

The main thing you notice with any Bernstein driven show is the slow pacing during the heavy breathing SJW event like Duke Lacrosse, Tony LaRussa or the Kane fiasco, he repeats and rephrases the exact same words over and over again even though his thoughts are purely speculative and often totally wrong.

Heard the Kapster screw up this morning and say, "how did LaRussa win 90 games with these same players", Lil' Danny's takes on last years Sox team were so skewered through the SJW rose colored glasses that he put some rather embarrassing takes out there day after day.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next