It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Terry's visit
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree
Pretty cool hearing Terry again. He sounded pretty damn good. Much better than last time. Hopefully he's feeling better.
Boy did I miss sycophantic Larry though. That Uncle Teary stuff is so fucking nerdy. But he's a massive nerd so I suppose I should have expected it. Dork.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Post subject: Re: Terry's visit
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Plenty of Bobby Knight grave stomping

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
What the hell?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:32 pm 

Darkside AI wrote:
Pretty cool hearing Terry again. He sounded pretty damn good. Much better than last time. Hopefully he's feeling better.
Boy did I miss sycophantic Larry though. That Uncle Teary stuff is so fucking nerdy. But he's a massive nerd so I suppose I should have expected it. Dork.

Your best post ever.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Marie's
Darkside AI wrote:

Pure class. A guy who was close to death's door enjoying someone dying.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:01 pm 

im on deaths door and all of you want it

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:05 pm 

Yeah, I'm all for being irreverent but that was just ugly. Allowing Terry to call in just to shit talk Knight and delight in his death is shitty. Its not that big of a story - they could have just ignored it altogether.

I particularly enjoyed Loho's stupid question to Terry about him talking to MJ about Knight. And Terry's usual vague fictitious response. Why would Terry ever have any reason to discuss Bobby Knight with Jordan? Get the fuck out of here.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Weren't they just butthurt about the Bears not being nice to Fields?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Bernstein says Knight should have been more like Henson (whom Bernstein and Terry both ridiculed whenever possible). Happy to hear that Coach K is back in Bernstein's good graces, too.

I think what bugs Bernstein about Knight, besides the fact that Knight is on the wrong side of history, is that Knight could never be shamed. He was completely out of people like Bernstein's ability to control.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Those were the days...

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Terry was sour grapes wrong that Bobby Knight had superior talent at Indiana. Nobody's won three titles with less talent than Bobby Knight. Lou Henson many years had more talent at Illinois but couldn't harness it like Knight did. The proof is in their own argument that his only true NBA All-Star was Isaiah Thomas in all those years.

Pissing on a dead man's name quite early after he died. But probably ok because Knight was such a prick.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:27 pm 

he pissed on knight when that dbag was alive too

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
vitoscotti wrote:
Terry was sour grapes wrong that Bobby Knight had superior talent at Indiana. Nobody's won three titles with less talent than Bobby Knight. Lou Henson many years had more talent at Illinois but couldn't harness it like Knight did. The proof is in their own argument that his only true NBA All-Star was Isaiah Thomas in all those years.

Pissing on a dead man's name quite early after he died. But probably ok because Knight was such a prick.

Henson had a lot of NBA players, but Knight had guys who were seemed perfectly built for the college game (Benson, Buckner, Cheaney, Alford, Damon Bailey, even my favorite Hoosier, Ted Kitchel). He'd have gotten more Glenn Robinsons if he was a little more lenient, but he didn't need to be. Worked out fine.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:06 pm 

Thomas-Sox-WorldSeries wrote:
Bernstein says Knight should have been more like Henson (whom Bernstein and Terry both ridiculed whenever possible). Happy to hear that Coach K is back in Bernstein's good graces, too.

I think what bugs Bernstein about Knight, besides the fact that Knight is on the wrong side of history, is that Knight could never be shamed. He was completely out of people like Bernstein's ability to control.

:lol: Yeah it was crazy hearing B&B acting like Henson was their guy. They attacked him often.

Henson was a fine coach, but Knight was better at every aspect of coaching. That drives Terry and Bernsie crazy.

They also acted like no players would ever talk about Knight and playing for him. Several players have been honest about the struggles and things. It is not some hidden story. Hell Alford wrote a book about his time there and all that went on. And he had not exactly been in good graces with the General over the last 20 years.

The Jordan stuff was lame as well.

But no matter it was still great to hear Terry and that he sounded good.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
RFDC wrote:

:lol: Yeah it was crazy hearing B&B acting like Henson was their guy. They attacked him often.

Henson was a fine coach, but Knight was better at every aspect of coaching. That drives Terry and Bernsie crazy.

They also acted like no players would ever talk about Knight and playing for him. Several players have been honest about the struggles and things. It is not some hidden story. Hell Alford wrote a book about his time there and all that went on. And he had not exactly been in good graces with the General over the last 20 years.

Don’t forget that Henson was Terry’s big time buddy from when he covered Illini in 80s.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:17 am 

pizza_Place: Tafdes
Caller Bob wrote:
Plenty of Bobby Knight grave stomping

I sincerely look forward to grave stomping Terry ...and hopefully soon.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:55 am 

I like Terry enough. He road coattails through much of his success but he was undoubtedly a part of the golden era of the station and a second popular show. I could understand having a segment about Knight if he had a regular show but it seems a waste of his precious time to come back for the sole purpose of shit talking. Terry always said when he left, you'd never be able to find him. Somehow, they found him.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Peqouds
B&B were the same 2 jackasses that would make fun of Ron Santo and his diabetes up to the time he passed. Never quite understood how you could hate a guy so much that was a helluva baseball player in his day. I lost all respect for them

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:24 pm 

brucester001 wrote:
B&B were the same 2 jackasses that would make fun of Ron Santo and his diabetes up to the time he passed. Never quite understood how you could hate a guy so much that was a helluva baseball player in his day. I lost all respect for them

He's not going to blow you dude.

But with no legs it would probably be easier.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
brucester001 wrote:

100 percent accurate. No revisionist history bullshit by Bruce. Terry was a POS and probably still is. Same w/ Bernsie.

Brucester001 making a late rally to become Rookie Poster of the Year. Good stuff!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
RFDC wrote:

Henson and Terry were very friendly with one another. Henson appeared on the B&B show when Terry turned 50 to wish him a happy birthday and reminisce about the "good old days" when Terry covered the Illini.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Douchebag wrote:
brucester001 wrote:

And a pitch in the dirt would be a strike.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Peqouds
denisdman wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
brucester001 wrote:

And a pitch in the dirt would be a strike.

You must be into old men that shit themselves. Say hi to Boers for me you clown. B&B sucked and so do you

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:27 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
HawaiiYou wrote:
brucester001 wrote:

100 percent accurate. No revisionist history bullshit by Bruce. Terry was a POS and probably still is. Same w/ Bernsie.

Brucester001 making a late rally to become Rookie Poster of the Year. Good stuff!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:58 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Franky T wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
brucester001 wrote:

he's only got 16 posts. i think he qualifies.

I thought Ike had rookie of the year sealed up but Brucester is coming on strong. Still Ike's to lose.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:53 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:

Wut?

Knight had two of the top 20 most talented basketball players ever on the globe at IU. Henson didn’t have a player who would be in the top 250 most talented players ever.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:05 am 

One Post wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Wut?

Knight had two of the top 20 most talented basketball players ever on the globe at IU. Henson didn’t have a player who would be in the top 250 most talented players ever.

Who was the other most talented guy at IU other than Thomas?

Illinios had a ton of talent during Hensons run there.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:16 am 

RFDC wrote:
One Post wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Wut?

You ever hear of Larry Bird?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:19 am 

One Post wrote:
RFDC wrote:
One Post wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Wut?

You ever hear of Larry Bird?

:lol: you are going to use Bird as an example of Knight having more talent than Henson? :lol: Bird was on campus like 10 mins.

You look at the entire decade of the 80s. Henson had more talent. Yet Knight has 2 banners in that decade.

Frank Coztansa wrote: