It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Congratulations to Goff for living well and no longer being mad online.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:06 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
I haven't seen black people that excited since the 1st of the month...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Caller Bob wrote:
I haven't seen black people that excited since the 1st of the month...

Wanna take a swing at Go Goff Go, hey Chicago what do you say, an angry man Tweeted today?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:18 pm 

“The Repo man is on the way. So you better ready to take the CTA. Hey Goff’s ex what do you say? The child support is in the mail.”

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
denisdman wrote:
“The Repo man is on the way. So you better ready to take the CTA. Hey Goff’s ex what do you say? The child support is in the mail.”

Does he have another kid? Didn't he get married?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:29 pm 

Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Honestly I don’t know. He obviously has at least one. I thought he split with the mom. If I am wrong, I apologize.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
denisdman wrote:
Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Honestly I don’t know. He obviously has at least one. I thought he split with the mom. If I am wrong, I apologize.

I'm pretty sure he split with his son's mom unless she transformed to a Latina. I believe the last woman I saw him with was a Latina.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:42 pm 

Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I'm pretty sure he split with his son's mom unless she transformed to a Latina. I believe the last woman I saw him with was a Latina.

Well good for him. He has done well for himself. If he had a better attitude, he would own the world. He seems like a guy that makes say $65k or $100k a year and thinks he’s made it not realizing what real money is. But hey that is the $ in deni$.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
denisdman wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
denisdman wrote:
It’s actually the defining feature of most economic systems. And while Europe has lower inequality, they have higher unemployment, lower growth, lower per capita income, and less innovation.

Yeah, and most economic systems have produced violent conflict or upheaval in one form or another. As Marx famously wrote almost two centuries ago, "the history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles."

In any event, my original point of comparison was not between Europe and the U.S., but between two periods of U.S. history. The economic dynamism of the New Deal era certainly shows that the stark inequality that is both a key feature and the principal goal of neoliberalism can be avoided even as the corporate class maintains capitalist hegemony.

Finally, it should be noted that some of the main innovations of the neoliberal era--including the internet itself--are products of public investment, not private sector ingenuity. Moreover, much of the laboring class fueling private sector innovation acquired the skills necessary to contribute to our high-tech economy at public research institutions. Given this context, it can be reasonably argued that the Morrill Land Grant Act of 1862 stands as the greatest catalyst of innovation in the history of the United States, and one of the greatest such catalysts in the history of the world.

Every political and economic system has class struggle. And many of these systems try so hard to make everything equal- be it the social democracies of Europe or any of the communist systems, result in much lower overall economic activity. What the U.S. has accomplished in a quite messy way is create the largest economy in the world with a huge middle class and the highest per capita GDP of any major country. And for all the concern about a shrinking middle class, as I have shown many times here, the shrinkage is because so many have moved into the upper middle class category. Meaning, our economy has created a significant amount of high paying jobs.

Now there is a place for government spending on critical infrastructure. But I do not think going back to New Deal tax rates, over 90%, make much sense.

Your response doesn't really address any of the points I have raised in this thread.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:50 pm 

Fine, the New Deal’s economic impact is way overstated. The 30’s went through contractions in its wake and most believe it took WW2 for the U.S. to truly recover. Some of its programs were helpful and have a long lasting impact. But if you’re going to argue that 90% tax rates and a 35% unionized workforce will bring back the 50’s, then you’d be forgetting that the entire world was flattened back then.

We are stronger than the rest because of our entrepreneurial spirit, relatively low taxes, and yes great university research, among many other factors.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:46 am 

Goff is such a goof.

Highest rated pre and post in the city. It seems like there are a lot of opportunities for a lie in that statement. Maybe its true but even then it is fibbing. The Bears have at least 3 television post games and 4 radio post games. They even have post-post game shows. Bulls might have more watchers on that single broadcast but only because the overwhelming interest in the Bears is so diffuse.

podcast episodes...come on man. There are people in their basement making decent weekly sports podcasts as a side interest. It doesn't make them much money and the interest is minimal. House of L plays to hundreds (sometimes less).

Maybe he can cite his Cameo numbers next. Garfien has been doing Sox post games forever, so I guess you can survive on the salary. I doubt you could thrive, and he's not kid any more. he has to be at least mid 40s.

I like Jason and always have. He's a guy who can't get out of his own way.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:53 am 

why does a guy who was asked to come back but said no jump at the chance to do fill in work at the station?

He's too old and been in a highly visible field in this city for too long to have to tell us how successful he is. If he were, we'd know.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
denisdman wrote:
Fine, the New Deal’s economic impact is way overstated. The 30’s went through contractions in its wake and most believe it took WW2 for the U.S. to truly recover. Some of its programs were helpful and have a long lasting impact. But if you’re going to argue that 90% tax rates and a 35% unionized workforce will bring back the 50’s, then you’d be forgetting that the entire world was flattened back then.

We are stronger than the rest because of our entrepreneurial spirit, relatively low taxes, and yes great university research, among many other factors.

of course there is a discussion on new deal in the Jason Goff is angry thread

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:42 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
billypootons wrote:
denisdman wrote:

"Brothers don't join the Civilian Conservation Corps. A bunch of dudes with their shirts off building shelters in the woods? Don't act like you don't know what they're using those shelters for."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
He was asked to come back after he was unceremoniously fired for co-piloting what was the disaster of pissing away the B&B ratings dominance down the station's leg? Dan got moved to middays after that fiasco to be with McDoink, right? So what could have possibly been Mitch's thought process, "Let's try to reunite one of the worst relative ratings performers in drive time in middays!"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:55 am 

pizza_Place: Peqouds
badrogue17 wrote:
Sure thing Goff , you were asked back and turned them down . Yep .

Saw Goff brought up all the people that responded to his tweet with John Carlos pic during womens championship game and didnt get that people hhad an issue with the pic and not his pick of South Carolina. Who in their non racist mind would choose that pic to accompany tweet about a bball game?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:30 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
brucester001 wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Sure thing Goff , you were asked back and turned them down . Yep .

Saw Goff brought up all the people that responded to his tweet with John Carlos pic during womens championship game and didnt get that people hhad an issue with the pic and not his pick of South Carolina. Who in their non racist mind would choose that pic to accompany tweet about a bball game?

See, you’re the actual racist taking issue with Goff posting a black power salute in support of the SC woman’s basketball team who is comprised of mostly black women in hopes they would beat the mostly slow tiny and white Iowa women’s basketball team because if some rando white sports personality would’ve tweeted something similar in support of the Iowa team with some “ white power” meme, Goff and the rest of his ilk would’ve just laughed it off .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:39 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Curious Hair wrote:
billypootons wrote:
denisdman wrote:

"Brothers don't join the Civilian Conservation Corps. A bunch of dudes with their shirts off building shelters in the woods? Don't act like you don't know what they're using those shelters for."

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:49 am 

billypootons wrote:
denisdman wrote:

That’s fair, but for the record, I tried to duck TM taking me down this path. And it’s not like TM is Brick where you actively avoid responding for your health and the good of the board. When TM asks, CFMB must respond.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8