All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Holmes vs Bernstein
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:15 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:
BD wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
RFDC wrote:
They have been getting short with each other a lot in the last couple weeks.

Bernsie is letting the full meatball football fan out lately. Larry can't deal with the change in personality.

I'm not sure I agree that Holmes has been frustrated to that extent. He just keeps telling Dan that he had unrealistic expectations for what Kevin Warren's role is in with the organization. Bernstein thought that Warren would make bold decision in the football organization and Holmes says there was no expectation to think that he would fire Eberflus and hire Harbaugh.

As usual, Dan makes something up and/or has a strong opinion and states it as fact and then acts as if the team is doing something wrong when his unfounded (or conspiracy) thought turns out to not be accurate.

Holmes is more rational in this argument.

Fuck being rational. Meatball Bernsie is much better for the show.

Bernstein's position seems perfectly rational. When he was hired, Warren's propaganda machine presented him as the kind of "disruptive" presence that would awaken the Bears from their 35-year slumber through his insatiable, uncompromising commitment to questioning everything and urgent desire to build a championship team.

As it turns out, he's seemingly just another imbecilic conman who, though he appears to think exclusively in platitudes, can't even verbalize cliches without butchering them.

Yeah I agree with his position and have enjoyed him coming off as a meatball to express it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Bernsie might be trying to evolve again. He seems to be doing things like was described here as well as funny things about his life. More fishing talk, empty nesting, fight with wife about Chinese food. That stuff plus my favorite, which I do, calling your grown son a dope for various reasons.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:46 am 
1000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:
Warren may not be rolling heads and acting all Jerry Jones on football matters but imbecilic?

I don't have any issue with Ryan Poles making the football decisions. I don't think we have heard Warren say that he would make any football decisions, but moreso that he would oversee it and provide a voice/feedback for Poles. Poles, to date, has earned trust, in my opinion.

Bernstein does this all the time - thinks something is true, talks about it like it's true and the truth isn't what he's saying. But it doesn't matter because he has a narrative that he created and the actual facts don't matter.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:54 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
BD wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Warren may not be rolling heads and acting all Jerry Jones on football matters but imbecilic?

I don't have any issue with Ryan Poles making the football decisions. I don't think we have heard Warren say that he would make any football decisions, but moreso that he would oversee it and provide a voice/feedback for Poles. Poles, to date, has earned trust, in my opinion.

Bernstein does this all the time - thinks something is true, talks about it like it's true and the truth isn't what he's saying. But it doesn't matter because he has a narrative that he created and the actual facts don't matter.

The classic Hubert Arkush argument, remember listening back in the day to a show where Hubert belittled a caller who had the audacity to point out that George and Ted were screwing up the organization to which Hub fell into his "these guys don't make football decisions" defense, however, a dude named Olin was also hosting and he destroyed that argument by simply pointing out that George and Ted pick the guys that pick the grocieries, so they in fact are the ultimate football decisions makers.

Hub quickly changed the subject and wisely moved on, having been defeated by a guy they all call an idiotic meatball, but by a guy that actually knew how the organization worked and that George McKaskey was a bumbling idiot.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Hmm I wondered if his name was really Hubert. I guess it’s Herb.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
If Herb is the H hard or silent?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: New Mexico has no good pizza. Send help.
Bernstein is correct about Warren. Larry sucks ass.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:58 am 

denisdman wrote:
Hmm I wondered if his name was really Hubert. I guess it’s Herb.

How well does he tip?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
:lol: