It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Holmes vs Bernstein
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:10 pm 

Did anyone notice how hostile Holmes was towards Bernstein on Wednesday's show? Bernstein never engaged him but Holmes came across as a bully. This was my observation but I'm wondering if anyone else thought the same thing?

Post subject: Re: Holmes vs Bernstein
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
No one around here noticed because no one around here listens. :wink: :wink: :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
What does Joel Sheehen think?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
denisdman wrote:
No one around here noticed because no one around here listens. :wink: :wink: :wink:

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:01 pm 

I saw a clip from Monday after the bears loss to the packers and Larry was acawsting danny hard. All danny wants is the bears to do better and Larry seems to think the organization is filled with unlucky smart people.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:30 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
He did tell Dan to shut up in transition today. Dan was interrupting Spiegs guessing things while he was trying to tell a story.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
There must be quite a bit of stress at the station given the financial uncertainty the station is experiencing and being Dan Bernstein's radio partner has not been the most secure gig over the past few years, so can see where Larry would get a bit frightened and start to lash out on his way out the door.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Haha that's right, Dan's gotten two on-air partners fired and a third put on part-time furlough in the last 5 or so years.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:54 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Haha that's right, Dan's gotten two on-air partners fired and a third put on part-time furlough in the last 5 or so years.

He keeps the repo man busy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:54 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Clawmaster wrote:
There must be quite a bit of stress at the station given the financial uncertainty the station is experiencing and being Dan Bernstein's radio partner has not been the most secure gig over the past few years, so can see where Larry would get a bit frightened and start to lash out on his way out the door.

Hedge funds love cheaper labor.

Holmes makes less than Dan.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Peqouds
orioleboy wrote:
Did anyone notice how hostile Holmes was towards Bernstein on Wednesday's show? Bernstein never engaged him but Holmes came across as a bully. This was my observation but I'm wondering if anyone else thought the same thing?

I heard it and agree. Larry sounded like a ten year old. Enjoyed it as I hate them both

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:11 pm 

They have been getting short with each other a lot in the last couple weeks.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:09 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Hedge funds love cheaper labor.

Holmes makes less than Dan.

The same could have been said about his last two partners, seems Mitch has been able to vouch for his value thus far, but you are correct a new owner will not care about office politics and will take a clinical approach to staff reduction.

Was a part of a buyout before entering the medical field, there were several office darlings that had survived despite poor performance, part of my severance was to identify underperformers by constantly checking numbers, once they got rid of the local managers and the slackers it was a weekly cut until they just had a few of us, was able to hang on and work with the purchasing company on accounts for a bit.

The office darlings were especially vocal when they were given layoff packets, one lady was screaming threatening to sue for discrimination, we just told her the entire office is gone, she really thought the new company would keep her and pay for her to relocate. Could see a fragile guy like Larry cracking as he sees the emails coming in from corporate with increasingly alarming news, he must know the gig is coming to and end soon.

Job loss is one of life's great stressors, especially if you are a guy like Larry who has seen numerous gigs dry up and works in a declining industry.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:49 am 

I think Seacrest means that it is Dan and his large salary that will get cut. If I were an outsider and saw my biggest salary not in a drive time slot, I'd be wondering about allocation of resources.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:45 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
I think Seacrest means that it is Dan and his large salary that will get cut. If I were an outsider and saw my biggest salary not in a drive time slot, I'd be wondering about allocation of resources.

THIS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
But if I read what Deni$ posted right, it wasn't ballooning talent costs that put the company underwater, in fact the filings indicate the talent was generating a good bit of cash from ad revenue still, it's just the debt from acquiring all the stations and their licenses sunk the boat, right? Of course maybe the new owners will trim salaries just for trimming's sake, but if somehow you've got a cluster of stations still generating profit, seems a little risky to mess with the people putting on the shows.

Also, Dan has probably taken a haircut or two since the Bernstein & Goff debacle and his midday demotion. I think it's a serious question whether he's the biggest salary in the lineup these days. Maybe he's coasting on his cut from ad sales of shiner wine around Mother's Day.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:43 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Right, it wouldn't make any sense to have your highest-paid host working middays. I would imagine that either Mully or Parkins has the top salary slot at the station.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Parkins easily

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
RFDC wrote:

Bernsie is letting the full meatball football fan out lately. Larry can't deal with the change in personality.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

City of Fools wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Bernsie is letting the full meatball football fan out lately. Larry can't deal with the change in personality.

I'm not sure I agree that Holmes has been frustrated to that extent. He just keeps telling Dan that he had unrealistic expectations for what Kevin Warren's role is in with the organization. Bernstein thought that Warren would make bold decision in the football organization and Holmes says there was no expectation to think that he would fire Eberflus and hire Harbaugh.

As usual, Dan makes something up and/or has a strong opinion and states it as fact and then acts as if the team is doing something wrong when his unfounded (or conspiracy) thought turns out to not be accurate.

Holmes is more rational in this argument.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:29 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
But if I read what Deni$ posted right, it wasn't ballooning talent costs that put the company underwater, in fact the filings indicate the talent was generating a good bit of cash from ad revenue still, it's just the debt from acquiring all the stations and their licenses sunk the boat, right? Of course maybe the new owners will trim salaries just for trimming's sake, but if somehow you've got a cluster of stations still generating profit, seems a little risky to mess with the people putting on the shows.

Also, Dan has probably taken a haircut or two since the Bernstein & Goff debacle and his midday demotion. I think it's a serious question whether he's the biggest salary in the lineup these days. Maybe he's coasting on his cut from ad sales of shiner wine around Mother's Day.

I did some research for you.

These breakouts are for the first nine months of 2023 from their earnings release and quarterly filing.

They produced adjusted EBITDA of $41M. That is a proxy for cash flow before interest costs. It is a company's interest paying ability.

They also breakout revenues by format. Interestingly, the sports format was the only major one that did not decline in 2023 with $191M in revenue. News and music were each down around 10% YoY. So sports is the shining star of the group.

Now an additional piece of information that is interesting is the company has to do impairment testing for the value of their broadcast licenses. In those disclosures, they state that their stations average 18-32% operating margins. Their stations are valued at $1.7B.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:35 pm 

BD wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I'm not sure I agree that Holmes has been frustrated to that extent. He just keeps telling Dan that he had unrealistic expectations for what Kevin Warren's role is in with the organization. Bernstein thought that Warren would make bold decision in the football organization and Holmes says there was no expectation to think that he would fire Eberflus and hire Harbaugh.

As usual, Dan makes something up and/or has a strong opinion and states it as fact and then acts as if the team is doing something wrong when his unfounded (or conspiracy) thought turns out to not be accurate.

Fuck being rational. Meatball Bernsie is much better for the show.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:15 pm 

Poles was supposed to turn the team around and we are at the bottom of the league. Dan Bernstein is right, Larry Holmes is wronger than two dudes going down on eachother

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:08 am 
1000 CLUB

Alright...needs to be asked. Best place for it is a message board. I'd never do it in polite society out of fear of being murdered.

Could it finally be that Larry realizes that Bernstein is not his God, like he has thought for 20 plus years. Imitating him, repeating his exact thoughts, mimicking his mannerisms and sayings.

Could it be that David Chapelle, a leader in the black community, has convinced Larry that Jews are, in fact, the enemy of black people?

Chapelle started this shit 4 or 5 years ago. Under the guise of, "hey, I'm just a comedian." But Chapelle knows his influence.

I'm just asking. A question for Goff as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:23 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I think that describes Jason more than Leery.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:07 am 

RFDC wrote:
BD wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Lil' Dany B playing the Mike North role, who woulda thunk it?

Maybe it's time to acknowledge that the "Thinking fans station", is dead and it is time to service the massive potential meatball fan audience.

Even though Dan claims he never heard of Ric Flair, even he has to understand that a gimmick change is needed to inject some much-needed life into the AM yakker that employs him.

Larry can work the kiss ass, management loving, jock sniffing AM sports radio dude persona, which should not be too difficult, and Danny B. can work the meatbally, management questioning, and team contrarian gimmick, maybe bring Mike North back as his manager?

They say the best pro wrasslin' gimmicks are basically that person's real personality dialed up to ten, but you need babyfaces and heels, what is a more dispicable heel than a McKaskey loving goof, this could work?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:15 am 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:

I think they've been shorr with one another--and everyone else--for a long time. Aren't they both 5'6?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:28 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I think they've been shorr with one another--and everyone else--for a long time. Aren't they both 5'6?

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:35 am 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
BD wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Bernstein's position seems perfectly rational. When he was hired, Warren's propaganda machine presented him as the kind of "disruptive" presence that would awaken the Bears from their 35-year slumber through his insatiable, uncompromising commitment to questioning everything and urgent desire to build a championship team.

As it turns out, he's seemingly just another imbecilic conman who, though he appears to think exclusively in platitudes, can't even verbalize cliches without butchering them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Warren may not be rolling heads and acting all Jerry Jones on football matters but imbecilic?