It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:07 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
You never hear women complain about the gender pay gap on OnlyFans.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:22 am 

Didn't our women's soccer team start to be terrible once they got equal pay? Even the greatest soccer player in the world Meghan Rapinoe wasn't the same.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Hussra wrote:
the average NFL career lasts maybe 3 seasons and to even get to the NFL
you've avoided learning any other marketable skill other than football: if you don't catch on as a
coach or media personality after your 3.3 NFL seasons you're fucked. Something like 1 in 20 NFL draftees last a decade or more in the NFL. It's a brutal league. Maybe only MMA and Cartel Russian Roulette leagues among pro sports take more and return less in exchange for the participants sacrifice to the sport.

So what? I am glad the ones that get paid make as much as possible. They get paid for the time they are playing etc. Why should anyone care of they have to be accountants or salespeople after?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Brick wrote:
Didn't our women's soccer team start to be terrible once they got equal pay? Even the greatest soccer player in the world Meghan Rapinoe wasn't the same.

Seems like you’re saying women are more motivated by complaining than money.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:43 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Brick wrote:

I don't know about that. All I know is that a society that privileged straight white men seemed to work really well. I guess we'll see how the next 100 years go.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Jaw Breaker wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
again what else do women have? I see it at the gym, there is only one sport that high school girls even try to train for. basketball is the only thing they can at least pretend to have a chance of a career at.

back in the 80s, the NBA wasn't doing financially well. all caitlin clark has to be is like wilt chaimberlin, and then we need a magic johnson and micheal jordan type players and then ronda rousey somewhere at some point to really grab the attention of grade school girls everywhere, and then the WNBA will be no laughing matter.

The truth that gets lost in the discussion is that no one should be able to earn a living playing sports.

None of these people get paid for playing sports. They get paid for entertainment. Sports is just the structure through which they entertain. Caitlin Clark will generate more money for the league if she can create some juicy rivalries than if she scores a lot of points.

This is my view as well. Google reports that Tom Cruise gets $20-$25 million upfront per movie and John Grisham earns between $50 to $80 million in book and movie royalties and advances each year. Are their contributions to society any more valuable than what sports provides? For better or worse we seem to place an extremely high value on our entertainment.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:54 am 
Site Admin

a genius wrote:
Google reports that Tom Cruise gets $20-$25 million upfront per movie and John Grisham earns between $50 to $80 million in book and movie royalties and advances each year.

And anyone who has ever seen The Firm is shaking their head.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:14 am 

Brick wrote:

Interesting theory.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:15 am 

I hate it too. But were not valuing anything besides money. It is sad, but if someone has money, they will be idolized. If the WNBA's ratings dramatically increase, it will be because of Caitlin Clark and she will deserve a lot more money.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:15 am 

Shut up and dribble

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:16 am 

If you take away a woman's right to complain, you are creating a tranny.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:16 am 

a genius wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
again what else do women have? I see it at the gym, there is only one sport that high school girls even try to train for. basketball is the only thing they can at least pretend to have a chance of a career at.

back in the 80s, the NBA wasn't doing financially well. all caitlin clark has to be is like wilt chaimberlin, and then we need a magic johnson and micheal jordan type players and then ronda rousey somewhere at some point to really grab the attention of grade school girls everywhere, and then the WNBA will be no laughing matter.

The truth that gets lost in the discussion is that no one should be able to earn a living playing sports.

None of these people get paid for playing sports. They get paid for entertainment. Sports is just the structure through which they entertain. Caitlin Clark will generate more money for the league if she can create some juicy rivalries than if she scores a lot of points.

This is my view as well. Google reports that Tom Cruise gets $20-$25 million upfront per movie and John Grisham earns between $50 to $80 million in book and movie royalties and advances each year. Are their contributions to society any more valuable than what sports provides? For better or worse we seem to place an extremely high value on our entertainment.

I wouldn't object to go back to a model where actor was held in the same societal esteem as prostitute.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:17 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

Right, and society overvalues entertainment.

In a properly ordered world Doctor of Style would earn 20 million and Tom Cruise would make 100,000.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:17 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Shut up and dribble

That's for the LNBA. Lingerie Basketball League. Would be awesome tbh.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:19 am 

https://youtu.be/QKEqMpaVP1A?feature=shared

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
good dolphin wrote:
a genius wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

I wouldn't object to go back to a model where actor was held in the same societal esteem as prostitute.

I recall as a youth hearing about a great aunt or something who was a stage actress in Germany and that the family at the time considered her just that, nothing more than a prosititute.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:24 am 

interesting conundrum when the first transgender woman is drafted into the WNBA. first time a biological male to be paid that low in a professional sport since the 70's...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:26 am 
Site Admin

a genius wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
a genius wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

I recall as a youth hearing about a great aunt or something who was a stage actress in Germany and that the family at the time considered her just that, nothing more than a prosititute.

:lol: My grandfather would complain about Douglas Fairbanks and Mary Pickford and call actors and actresses "pimps and whores."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:28 am 

W_Z wrote:
interesting conundrum when the first transgender woman is drafted into the WNBA. first time a biological male to be paid that low in a professional sport since the 70's...

Britney grinder made millions though

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
IkeSouth wrote:
I hate it too. But were not valuing anything besides money. It is sad, but if someone has money, they will be idolized. If the WNBA's ratings dramatically increase, it will be because of Caitlin Clark and she will deserve a lot more money.

And the cries of racism will be off the charts “ WHY ARE PEOPLE JUST NOW WATCHING?? THEY ONLY WANT TO SEE THE WHITE GIRL !!! WHAT ABOUT OUR YAS QUEENS ??? “

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:28 am 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Curious Hair wrote:
Where do people think the money comes from? Do they think it's like a grade that a teacher gives you on a test? Caitlin Clark will make more money when WNBA advertisers pay more money and ticket buyers pay more money.

Bernstein has no time for your "economicsplaining."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
TriColoredPastas wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Where do people think the money comes from? Do they think it's like a grade that a teacher gives you on a test? Caitlin Clark will make more money when WNBA advertisers pay more money and ticket buyers pay more money.

And he corrected Haugh when he said parents would take their girls to the games, and Bernstein chimed in with “and sons”.

Lol.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Yeah sure thing Dan. Kids have really evolved in the last few years.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Chet Coppock Fur Coat creepy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:15 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

I don't know about that. All I know is that a society that privileged straight white men seemed to work really well. I guess we'll see how the next 100 years go.

I don't have that kind of time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:20 pm 

denisdman wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

And he corrected Haugh when he said parents would take their girls to the games, and Bernstein chimed in with “and sons”.

Lol.

I liked it better when Dan said his wife was yelling and cheering at a basketball game for the first time in her life while watching women’s final four.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:21 pm 

:lol: Almost forgot Bernsie said he had to reset himself to allow his higher standards to enjoy the women’s game now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:25 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
pittmike wrote:
:lol: Almost forgot Bernsie said he had to reset himself to allow his higher standards to enjoy the women’s game now.

He got educated on some of the subtleties that he never realized.

Womens' hoops is actually a very nuanced and strategic sport. You have to know what you're looking at when they fall down on defense so much. It's a tactic.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Speaking of Venn diagrams, I’d like to see one of NBA fans who shit on the men’s college game and those who suddenly love ladies bball.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next