It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Jewel-Osco
I'm on twitter right now reading Bernstein's pathetic Heat love after Rose hit the game winner trying to bait people into argument and I'm seriously thinking of unfollowing his ass. I seriously haven't listened to that freaking crap show in almost six months and I don't even miss it. The score in general is going down the drain with Daniel Mac having his issues and Bores getting old as dirt. Bernstein is a giant master-baiter.

Look at these boards the you guys don't even post as much.

The Score better hope theBulls get further than the ECF and the Sox play respectable or it's going to be a ghost town.

Now I'm just a local idiot but I know when something has run it's course and frankly Bernstein and the Score is slowly dying. They have no talent to replace anyone and really it's sad to see that station go down because I used to love listening.

I know none of u could care what I think but you gotta admit the score ain't what it used to be.

I think they need to Mike North Dan Bernstein.

Time for some change but the younger talent they have kinda sucks.... so my question is whats the future of this radio station?

Kinda bleak no?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:45 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I just checked out danny's Twitter feed. It seems he posts at a negative-positive ratio of about 8-1. Glad he could take a moment and 140 characters to give a shoutout to some schoolkids amidst admonishing Bulls fans for being happy the team they root for won.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:46 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
no

I know you..
Quote:
Dan Bernstein ‏ @dan_bernstein Close
Anybody older than 35 lived through the MJ great-regular-season stuff. It doesn't matter. Win titles.

I'm pretty sure we celebrated 72 wins in that very stadium...
Quote:
Any fan celebrating a March win over Milwaukee is an idiot. This franchise hangs banners for titles.

Quote:
Real fans set the bar high. This is Chicago. Rings or bust.

Quote:
I wish that awesome moment made the #Bulls more likely to beat the #Heat. It didn't.

Last edited by Zan on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:57 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
Come on man. Once a month or so you just randomly pop on here, give a long spiel about the deficiencies of the B&B show, as well as the Score in general, then you disappear, rinse, repeat, and here we go again.

Ok thanks for the mouth wash tips. Should I use Scope or Listerine, I know Listerine. I glad you like listen to an asshole like Bernstein but I'm ready for change.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:17 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
Zan wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:
Come on man. Once a month or so you just randomly pop on here, give a long spiel about the deficiencies of the B&B show, as well as the Score in general, then you disappear, rinse, repeat, and here we go again.

Ok thanks for the mouth wash tips. Should I use Scope or Listerine, I know Listerine. I glad you like listen to an asshole like Bernstein but I'm ready for change.

Well apparently you're not ready for a change. You say you don't listen anymore, yet you follow him on Twitter, and then jump on here to tell us all about it. He's got you right where he wants you.

Like him or hate him, Bernstein gets more reaction on here than everybody else on the Score combined.

I follow everyone on twitter. But that doesn't mean I listen to his show. I used to listen but I find it trite. Nothing can last forever. People who are abused think they need that person or get brainwashed. People need to think for themselves and ask themselves is this who I wanna listen to? I mean if it's not about sports to you and you wanna just listen to monkeys with microphones thats cool. But me I'm ready for major change and a fresh voice at the score. I'm not saying fire Bernstein but there is coming a time when the Danny Mac and the Bernsteins will be gone and I'm just saying shake some shit up. Make Bernstein solo and he can talk about pen state for the rest of his life.

I don't know what the ratings are but they can't be great.

And I just unfollowed him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:40 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Zan wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:
no

I know you..
Quote:
Anybody older than 35 lived through the MJ great-regular-season stuff. It doesn't matter. Win titles.

Quote:
Any fan celebrating a March win over Milwaukee is an idiot. This franchise hangs banners for titles.

Quote:

Quote:
I wish that awesome moment made the #Bulls more likely to beat the #Heat. It didn't.

What a miserable fuck Bernsie is. Sports are supposed to be fun. I really wonder why he does what he does for a living, because he doesn't seem like he enjoys it very much.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:49 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere

Scorehead is amazing. It's like I have my hand up his ass while he sits on my lap and I drink a glass of water.

Wait, that gounds geigh. It's like he knows what I'm thinking....yeah,that's what I'm trying to say.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:54 am 

jimmypasta wrote:

Scorehead is amazing. It's like I have my hand up his ass while he sits on my lap and I drink a glass of water.

Wait, that gounds geigh. It's like he knows what I'm thinking....yeah,that's what I'm trying to say.

Please cut your fingernails...

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:55 am 

That's not my finger.

:shock:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:59 am 

Positive about what? Some asshole mocking a diabetic with no legs or feigning outrage at the PSU scandal but using it to crack "Sandusky" jokes?

I have stated on this board more than once that B&B might be the two funniest guys I ever heard on the radio but lately bernstein's "shtick" is wearing very thin. He is more mean than funny. So if there are those on here that take umbrage to that fact,that's our business. You calling us out for being negative,C'mon. Isn't that the same shit B&B do each and every day. They have their forum and so do I ...and everyone else on here.

Last edited by jimmypasta on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:10 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

Voluntarily comparing ones self to Scorehead is probably not the best idea jimmy.

That's right Sorehead, you suck immensely. And you're apparently also into fisting.

There's not a show on the dial that has more fun than these four do. (B&B, Matty, Jason)

If you don't understand it's a schtick at this point point in your lives, well then I can't help you much.

If either one of you ever read back over your own posts, you'd find that you're not exactly a fountain of positivity yourselves. But sadly in both of your cases, it's not a schtick.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I used to like B&B alot, but things changed a few years ago & I just couldn't take the constant negativity.
I'm actually a very positive person in real life & have a low tolerance for people who constantly bitch & moan about things. You gotta be careful judging people on a message board because a lot of this is tom foolery & many are here just to fuck around.
Lastly, here's a news flash for you...B&B aren't doing schtick. They both really are miserable turds.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:11 am 

KS,
I miss Murph and Fred. I also miss North. I'm a fan but I agree the guy made a lot of wrong turns in his career but would be very happy to see him return to ESPN and go head to head with B&B.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:23 am 

In all seriousness,I guess Murph was an ass to people but I always thought everybody liked Fred & Hood. I should move to ESPN to at least check when they are on. More of a force of habit to listen to the Score.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:32 am 

Yep,I think that can be said for Les Grobstein,too. He always respects the other shows. I really don't like how B&B gave hard times to other guys on the station. If somebody where I worked thought they could talk shit about me constantly,I wouldn't be too happy about it. I know if somebody gives Terry shit,they go on his "hate" list permantley.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:45 am 

KS I don't get your perspective.. calling me a alien fuck face? Umm so anyways where is this young talent you speak of? Is it that 12 year old boy Matt? Is it Jason the laughing stuttering hyena Jason Goff? Homes, talking about old rapers and comic books? Who else? I don't see the young talent.

I think what made the score great back in the day was that you had so many different personalities North, Murph, Mac, Hood, B&B was kinda up and coming at that time. I think Bernstein has kinda put a negative spin on everything with his preachy tones it's become pretty annoying and hard on the earns. Kinda sad really. Don't attack the arguer but rather attack the argument.

I understand you like the radio station but I think it's time to take a step back and asses your life because it probably sucks really bad if you're defending a scumbag radio station and trust me I have seen these guys in person and they are scumbag radio peeps.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:00 am 

That little green fucker ruined the Flintstones. It removed the reality out of it.
Voiced by Harvey Korman,too. Take that,Don Tiny Avatar.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:07 am 

Hey,U left out mini-ditka. I'm none of these guys btw. We may have the same opinions but that probably has more to do with our sheepskins from the University of Chicago.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:11 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
Hey,U left out mini-ditka. I'm none of these guys btw. We may have the same opinions but that probably has more to do with our sheepskins from the University of Chicago.

How do you feel about the young talent jimmy?

I like Jason & Matt. I really don't know much about Connor McKnight. Is LoHo considered Young or talent? I like LoHo more than others on here,but the word insufferable comes to mind with a lot of his "working out" and "hot girls" rants.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:22 am 

Really? Well,let me tell you ahead of time: You guys suck!

JK, but how did this come about?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:25 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
Really? Well,let me tell you ahead of time: You guys suck!

JK, but how did this come about?

Mitch heard our Nascar broadcast.

Hey,I'm impressed. I hope it happens!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:40 am 

Zan wrote:
KS I don't get your perspective.. calling me a alien fuck face? Umm so anyways where is this young talent you speak of? Is it that 12 year old boy Matt? Is it Jason the laughing stuttering hyena Jason Goff? Homes, talking about old rapers and comic books? Who else? I don't see the young talent.

I think what made the score great back in the day was that you had so many different personalities North, Murph, Mac, Hood, B&B was kinda up and coming at that time. I think Bernstein has kinda put a negative spin on everything with his preachy tones it's become pretty annoying and hard on the earns. Kinda sad really. Don't attack the arguer but rather attack the argument.

I understand you like the radio station but I think it's time to take a step back and asses your life because it probably sucks really bad if you're defending a scumbag radio station and trust me I have seen these guys in person and they are scumbag radio peeps.

Matty, Jason, Connor, & Finfer are all good. I also like Rozner, Rosey, & Hub. I like the bench players more than the regular hosts who are on from 9am to 10pm. I'm really surprised that Matty & Jason don't have regular gigs by now.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:43 am 

SH,
I agree with that but I think Boers & Speigs should try a baseball show together.
I think that would be both informative and funny. As far as the rest,I like Hub
and really enjoy his football acumen despite the nervous snickering.

Let's also not forget Doug & Ed. They are more entertaining than any
4 other hosts the Score has,but only after a Bears loss.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:12 am 

I simply cannot wrap my mind around following people on Twitter...of course I don't really get Facebook either so it may just be old.

I cheer a walk off home run during the regular season every time.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:14 am 

finfer has some great thoughts and a fantastic personality.

unfortunately he has one of the worst radio voices on the air. he sounds like a muppet.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:18 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Keeping Score wrote:
If you don't understand it's a schtick at this point point in your lives, well then I can't help you much.

Come on, KS. That whole shtick argument worked a lot better before bernstein began tweeting his idiotic negativity all night long. Prior to that you could paint a picture of imaginary life wherein he walked out of the studio and his pretend snarl turned into a genuine grin and he happily went through the next nineteen hours of his life like a normal human being before returning to his miserable character for the show the next day at 1:00 p.m. Now that he's decided to tweet his every thought, it's pretty clear that he really is a miserable prick pretty much 24/7. And that's no shtick.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:18 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Keeping Score wrote:

I mean usually I like a good 3 on 1, but don't then call me a whore.

:lol:

Keep fighting the good fight sir

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:20 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
B&B really havent changed much since I started listening 12 or so years back, so I am not sure why Dan's comments on Twitter signal anything but a new forum for him to spew on.

That being said, of course the Score and 1000 are on the decline. There are a bunch of reasons why. There used to be very few listening options in my car and at work. Now I can listen to NHL radio on my phone or many other stations on the web. These stations need to compete with national shows that are better produced, better scripted, better talent, etc. When MJH broke up, I noticed that it seemed to change this board quite a bit. Probably has turned a lot of the general listeners off as well. Mac's show is a hard listen. All this being said, when the Bears are consistently competing in the playoffs, listenership will increase and board membership and participation will increase.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:26 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Zan wrote:
I'm on twitter right now reading Bernstein's pathetic Heat love after Rose hit the game winner trying to bait people into argument and I'm seriously thinking of unfollowing his ass. I seriously haven't listened to that freaking crap show in almost six months and I don't even miss it. The score in general is going down the drain with Daniel Mac having his issues and Bores getting old as dirt. Bernstein is a giant master-baiter.

Look at these boards the you guys don't even post as much.

The Score better hope theBulls get further than the ECF and the Sox play respectable or it's going to be a ghost town.

Now I'm just a local idiot but I know when something has run it's course and frankly Bernstein and the Score is slowly dying. They have no talent to replace anyone and really it's sad to see that station go down because I used to love listening.

I know none of u could care what I think but you gotta admit the score ain't what it used to be.

I think they need to Mike North Dan Bernstein.

Time for some change but the younger talent they have kinda sucks.... so my question is whats the future of this radio station?

Kinda bleak no?

I stopped listening around the same time you did. I got sick of being preached at and for every caller being an idiot. To be honest, I was never a big B&B fan as I always preferred MJH/HFC. Once Mac left ESPN, I switched over to the Score. I tried M&H for about a year, and it was bad (i.e. panic about the Cubs and Sox in first week of the season), I like Mac's show, but I just don't listen during work hours. And then B&B just turned me into an angry person.

I don't think the station is going down hill. I just realized my interests in radio listening diverged from what they are spewing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:

Come on, KS. That whole shtick argument worked a lot better before bernstein began tweeting his idiotic negativity all night long. Prior to that you could paint a picture of imaginary life wherein he walked out of the studio and his pretend snarl turned into a genuine grin and he happily went through the next nineteen hours of his life like a normal human being before returning to his miserable character for the show the next day at 1:00 p.m. Now that he's decided to tweet his every thought, it's pretty clear that he really is a miserable prick pretty much 24/7. And that's no shtick.

JORR I never bought that the show was a bit. Their "act" seemed too damn real to me. Terry=lazy and Dan=mean. They are both incredibly talented, but Terry has packed it in and Dan's arrogance and rigidity make it a tough listen for me. As I have said many times, I think Terry is one of the most genuinely funny people on radio. It's a shame.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:30 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Scorehead wrote:
Zan wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:
no

I know you..
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What a miserable fuck Bernsie is. Sports are supposed to be fun. I really wonder why he does what he does for a living, because he doesn't seem like he enjoys it very much.

Yep, his schtick is getting stale...fast.