It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
I like the show and I generally enjoy Dan, but the relentless Debbie Downer tweeting is wearing a little thin. It so obviously has nothing whatsoever to do with the Bulls and everything to do with Dan's compulsive need to prove his intellectual superiority to other sports fans. Dan made a few cracks about the win over the Spurs doing nothing to make the Heat worse, and Speigel had the temerity to challenge him on it, so now Dan's gone scorched-earth and basically declared braindead anyone who has ever cheered on, cared about, or watched a regular-season Bulls game. He even got in a shot at the "Jordan fans" with the banner thing. Of course, we'll get plenty of analysis about the killer instinct "Derrick" is showing, and how much better "Joakim" is looking now that he's healthy, or all the stuff "Tom" runs. But that's totally different, you see.

It also bears repeating that his "the Heat are an unstoppable force of nature" schtick would be a lot less galling if it didn't represent his second major reversal of opinion on LBJ.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
While LeBron James is still reluctant to take the last shot in actual games compared to Derrick Rose, the guy with the hideous neckbeard down in Miami did shut DRose down in last year's NBA Eastern Conference Finals, whether we want to admit that or not.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:36 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
SHARK wrote:
While LeBron James is still reluctant to take the last shot in actual games compared to Derrick Rose, the guy with the hideous neckbeard down in Miami did shut DRose down in last year's NBA Eastern Conference Finals, whether we want to admit that or not.

That's true, but that doesn't mean Lebron's sheepishness at the end of games doesn't exist. It does. So does Derrick's willingness to step-up and risk failing - something Lebron is reluctant to do. Imagine what Danny would say if a caller gave one example of something happening and tried to extrapolate that into a pattern while ignoring all the times the opposite happened. His head would explode.

Dan is crossword puzzle smart, and I'm sure he'd be a good Jeopardy! contestant, but his debating skills are sorely lacking and it is easy to find holes in his logic. The problem is, he has the bully pulpit and can dictate the direction of the argument to make him look smart. And, no offense, and present company included, people who call into sports radio shows aren't exactly the sharpest tools in the shed despite what Ten Foot Midget, Schmootsy (sp?) and Maddux Boy think.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
Doesn't tonight's loss prove Dan's point?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:18 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Brian's Mojito wrote:

What is dan's point?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Heat good. Bulls bad.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brian's Mojito wrote:

What is dan's point?

Pay attention.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:29 pm 
Site Admin

I actually don't think he has a point other than attempting to make every Bulls fan as miserable as he is. I loved mr. danalytic bernstein fumbling for words when a guy challenged him on how he knows the Heat are better. Keep sputtering about watching them, douchebag. And remember it the next time some goof says the same thing with regard to a baseball player.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Jewel-Osco
No, losing to the Magic after playing 4 games in 5 nights does not prove Dan's point. If Kyle hits any of his WIDE OPEN 3's the Bulls would have pulled out the win. The Magic had two days off while the Bulls looked pretty tired from the start.

Dan's point is that the Bulls aren't good enough to beat the Heat in the playoffs and therefore regular season wins against lesser teams shouldn't be celebrated. Which is complete bullshit and baiting to get people to call into his show.

Of course you can get excited for a regular season win against the Bucks there is no rule that says you shouldn't. Besides just because the Bulls lost to the Heat last season doesn't mean they will this season. The Bulls lead in every 4th quarter in the ECF. They also had a chance to win game 4 had Rose made that last shot. Also they were up pretty big in game 5 and Miami had a completely unreal comeback that takes skill and lots of freaking luck.

Basically whoever gets hot can win in my opinion. Some calls from the refs will help as well.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:30 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Who the hell knows what will happen this year with such a compressed season. Last time this happened, the 8th place Knicks went to the Finals. If you were a time traveler from the future and you came here to tell me the Memphis Grizzlies were gearing up for Game 7 of the Finals, I wouldn't doubt you.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:11 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Berns is the same guy who always says that all you have to do is get in the playoffs, & the hot team wins.
The #1 playoff seed seldom wins the championship in the NFL, MLB, NBA, OR NHL. In the past year, the underdog Giants, Cardinals, Mavericks, & Bruins all won championships. None of them were the favorites.
Fuck Berns if he doesn't enjoy regular season wins. Hell, I'm even watching the Bulls again & enjoying every game. If the Bulls happen to win the NBA Championship, that's a bonus. If they don't, I still got plenty of enjoyment from watching the regular season games.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

Last edited by Scorehead on Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:37 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
He spent basically an entire show saying how much he enjoys Bulls games.

His stance on Twitter was due to all the meatheads who were tweeting him saying the game had a significance that it clearly didn't have.

He watches every minute of every Bulls game and enjoys the heck out of it.

Berns is a case study of a conflicted individual.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:03 am 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Scorehead wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:

His stance on Twitter was due to all the meatheads who were tweeting him saying the game had a significance that it clearly didn't have.

However, he's very self aware. That is an admirable quality. There are some people, cough, above, cough, above....uuuugggghhhhhh....cough.... that are not.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:03 am 

Drop In wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:

However, he's very self aware. That is an admirable quality. There are some people, cough, above, cough, above....uuuugggghhhhhh....cough.... that are not.

Bernsi has no admirable qualities. None.

So much for that...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:05 am 
Site Admin

Drop In wrote:
However, he's very self aware.

I don't know, Drop In. Wouldn't a self-aware guy be aware that as it regards baseball, the concept "the playoffs are a crapshoot" means that Jim Hendry is about the equal of Theo Epstein?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Scorehead wrote:
Berns is the same guy who always says that all you have to do is get in the playoffs, & the hot team wins.
The #1 playoff seed seldom wins the championship in the NFL, MLB, NBA, OR NHL. In the past year, the underdog Giants, Cardinals, Mavericks, & Bruins all won championships. None of them were the favorites.
That's not what he says about the NBA...ever. He believes it's about match-ups & that the Bulls don't match up well with the Heat. Last year the Mavs did.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:56 am 
Site Admin

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
That's not what he says about the NBA...ever. He believes it's about match-ups & that the Bulls don't match up well with the Heat. Last year the Mavs did.

Right. His stance is that the NBA playoffs are the "fairest" of all in determining a champion with the long series and the way the way they are set up.

I do find it silly, however, that he has an overriding desire for what he sees as the "best team" to be the champion. He's already made up his mind that the Heat is the best team. Why not just stop watching? Or at least stop caring who ultimately wins. You know the Heat are the best. Don't worry about them getting "upset". If they do, you know what was really "supposed" to happen.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Keeping Score wrote:

Didn't we have a diligent poster go and check out "all the meatheads who were tweeting him" the other day? And didn't that thorough Detective of the Twitterverse find a scant few, if any, "meatheads tweeting him saying the game had significance"?

The "GOD all these idiots are texting and emailing us saying *insert contrived argument*!!!!!!!!" shtick gets a little old sometimes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:50 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Right. His stance is that the NBA playoffs are the "fairest" of all in determining a champion with the long series and the way the way they are set up.

I do find it silly, however, that he has an overriding desire for what he sees as the "best team" to be the champion. He's already made up his mind that the Heat is the best team. Why not just stop watching? Or at least stop caring who ultimately wins. You know the Heat are the best. Don't worry about them getting "upset". If they do, you know what was really "supposed" to happen.

The ultimate meatball POV. If only he would add "investment talk" to his daily show.

Big time thinkers give big time thoughts, nobody is bigger than DB!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
here's an example of another Zan thread.