It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 11:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
It's the first full day of the NCAA Tournament, and thanks to Bud Light, Terry & Dan B. are on the road today broadcasting live from Lamplighter Inn in Palatine from 1:15p-ish until 6p. The guys will check in on the goings on throughout the show, but there's a lot more than just college hoops to discuss.

Mario Williams is off the market, signing a free agent deal today with the Bills. What do the Bears do now that the ex-Texans' defensive tackle is off the list and Brandon Meriweather is Washington-bound after a disappointing season here?

The guys will likely discuss that, plus a big Bulls' win over the Heat minus Derrick Martell Rose. After being on the receiving end of a LeBron James dunk in the first meeting down in Miami, John Lucas III had a game to remember last night. Might JLIII call into the show? Who knows? The guys might replay Bulls' head coach Tom Thibodeau's chat with guest hosts Jason Goff & Laurence Holmes on what's supposed to be the "McNeil and/or Spiegel Show" earlier today. There's also the NBA Trade Deadline and the glorified headache that is Dwight Howard staying in Orlando...for now. All of that and Gary from Evanston's favorite segment "Who Ya Crappin'?" come 5p today.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Paging Spmack. Just before ZZ gives the update at 1:32 PM please

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
4:00 Ed Begley JR.

WTF?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Barones
Retweeting the "idiot bulls fans" is like sneezing on the train???

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
chibamm wrote:
Retweeting the "idiot bulls fans" is like sneezing on the train???

GETTING EXCITED ABOUT A ROSE-LESS TEAM BEATING THE HEAT IS LIKE LICKING A HOSPITAL DOORKNOB WHY CAN'T YOU IDIOTS SEE THIS!?!?!?!?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Painful listen so far. Was it not a little over a year ago that "he was wrong about James and WE were all right" to question Lebron? Whaaa happen?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:03 pm 

Much as I'd love see Bernsie be proven wrong, I'm pretty sure the Heat will pound the Bulls again in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:05 pm 

Dan referenced a game when the Bulls got killed in the playoffs and Jordan was joking around afterwards about how he played like "doo-doo." Using it to make the point that sometimes great teams have bad games in the playoffs and don't care. But that comment actually came after a game that they won (game 2 against the Heat in 1997).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Matches Malone wrote:
Painful listen so far. Was it not a little over a year ago that "he was wrong about James and WE were all right" to question Lebron? Whaaa happen?

Yes. But before that, he was right about LeBron and we were wrong. So it all evens out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Barones
Magic said that the Bulls were faster without Rose.

I thought he got his words jumbled but he kept going on about it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

In and out of the office all day - During the First Half update, I heard them talking about some guy (Dan) that used to send tapes into Mitch and something happened to him....

What was the deal with that?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
The Gridiron Assassin wrote:
In and out of the office all day - During the First Half update, I heard them talking about some guy (Dan) that used to send tapes into Mitch and something happened to him....

Patrick?

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

Eaglo Jeff wrote:

Patrick?

NO... sounded like a sportsradio/chicagoradio junkie that something bad happened to.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Eaglo Jeff wrote:

Patrick?

NO... sounded like a sportsradio/chicagoradio junkie that something bad happened to.

Sniffed one too many mics, maybe?

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:59 pm 

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/b ... 9819.story

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

Hatchetman wrote:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/blogs/sentinel-sports-now/os-dan-sileo-fired-tampa,0,6759819.story

Oh that's nothing.... Getting fired. Guy kinds of looks like Magilla Gorilla.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Holy cow .... throw Begley down the compost well.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:16 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
What the hell is this? Ed Begley?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Don Tiny wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:17 pm 

trickybeck wrote:
Dan referenced a game when the Bulls got killed in the playoffs and Jordan was joking around afterwards about how he played like "doo-doo." Using it to make the point that sometimes great teams have bad games in the playoffs and don't care. But that comment actually came after a game that they won (game 2 against the Heat in 1997).

ha! and like danny said, jordan was joyful because he knew sometimes it was just a bad night. miami wasnt happy last night. they were completely depressed. because they lost to a better team that wasnt at full strength. PERIOD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Don Tiny wrote:

1. Tells people to use less carbon
2. Flies around using tons of carbon to tell people to use less carbon... note here that his mere presence adds a gravity to the topic that seeing him on TV or whatever could not possibly convey. So instead of reaching thousands and leaving a small percentage influenced by his message, he reaches tens and leaves a small percentage influenced by his message.
3. Buys carbon credits to offset hypocrisy (yes! You can buy your way out of hypocrisy! Simple as having a black friend!)

Weirdo.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:19 pm 

chibamm wrote:
Magic said that the Bulls were faster without Rose.

I thought he got his words jumbled but he kept going on about it.

well they were. rose controls the pace of games. im surprised miami couldnt get more transition points last night but then again, the bulls are faster on defense this year too

and yes i know dan, the bulls are the same team as last year. only more grown up. it happens to young players... its a scientology thing

Last edited by IkeSouth on Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:21 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

1. Tells people to use less carbon
2. Flies around using tons of carbon to tell people to use less carbon... note here that his mere presence adds a gravity to the topic that seeing him on TV or whatever could not possibly convey. So instead of reaching thousands and leaving a small percentage influenced by his message, he reaches tens and leaves a small percentage influenced by his message.
3. Buys carbon credits to offset hypocrisy (yes! You can buy your way out of hypocrisy! Simple as having a black friend!)

Weirdo.

yeah, seriously... going green is just a new industry. in the long run it might be cheaper because we will eventually be harvesting energy that doesnt go away, but for now and the foreseeable future it will be consumers paying for this planet to "go green" and it will be all sold under the guise of saving the planet.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:28 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Darkside wrote:

Man, the last time we set up an industry of selling certificates to absolve your sins, we wound up with Lutherans, which in turn led to A Prairie Home Companion. I shudder to think what the future holds.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Thanks to Jim Schwantz and Ed Begley Jr. What the hell is wrong with this dumb show? :lol: :lol:

By the way, props to Mulligan. Phil Emery just had the "you're never talking to me again" tone. But it was a good question.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:58 pm 

Drop In wrote:
Thanks to Jim Schwantz and Ed Begley Jr. What the hell is wrong with this dumb show? :lol: :lol:

By the way, props to Mulligan. Phil Emery just had the "you're never talking to me again" tone. But it was a good question.

link to the interview?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
They played the clip in the last five minutes of the show. It was from the teleconference. Unless you meant Ed Begley Jr., which is being stored digitally next to other forced, useless CBS Radio interviews.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:42 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
trickybeck wrote:

Little facts like these don't matter. It's the overall point he was making that does.