It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 8:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
It's going to be a busy Tuesday afternoon as Jason Goff continues to sit in for Dan Bernstein alongside Terry Boers on the "B & B Show". How busy will these guys be? Check it out.

*2p: Sun-Times Bears' Writer Sean Jensen
*3p: Illini Writer-Champaign News-Gazette Paul Klee-New Illini Head Basketball Coach John Groce?
*3:30p: "The Second Half"
*5p: Green Bay Press-Gazette Packers' Writer Rob Demovsky

The guys will also look back on how the Nuggets ripped the Bulls apart last night, some thoughts about Tiger Woods, and Illinois' apparent hiring of Ohio HC John Groce to replace the fired Bruce Weber. All that, plus a possible Blackhawks/Devils' preview with Corey Crawford in net tonight in Newark between 1:15-ish & 6p.

Producers: Herb Lawrence & Brett Lyons

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I think they figured out that without Danny, it might be a good idea to have some guests.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
This Illini shit is a fuckin mess...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:36 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
This Illini shit is a fuckin mess...

+1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:28 pm 

Consider yourselves warned...There will be a RED ALERT! RED ALERT! hosting the nighttime SCORE come 6p this eve followed by a "SCORE Overnight" marathon with Grobber & Adam Harris starting at 10p.

Just like yesterday, Matt Rodewald is doing "Scoreboard Updates" on the "B & B Show" with Goff subbing for Bernsy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Am I a stickler for noticing Goff's repeated grammar flubs?

Just heard him say "should have went." Yesterday he said "should have took." C'mon, man.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:39 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
The Score has learned - Tom Izzo is a white guy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
If it is true that the public league coaches hold this much sway into who Illinois will choose to be coach, Illinois is a screw.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:42 pm 

beni hanna wrote:
If it is true that the public league coaches hold this much sway into who Illinois will choose to be coach, Illinois is a screw.

Isn't that a big reason why Joey Meyer didn't get it done at DePaul over a decade ago? The Public League coaches, I remember, really stuck it to Meyer for not recruiting our area better. Or is that really a myth?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:45 pm 

SHARK wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

Isn't that a big reason why Joey Meyer didn't get it done at DePaul over a decade ago? The Public League coaches, I remember, really stuck it to Meyer for not recruiting our area better. Or is that really a myth?

I think it's a myth that Joey Meyer didn't get it done.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:49 pm 

SHARK wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

That was the story at the time, that DePaul had not "taken care" of a couple of CPL guys who went there and flamed out or got booted out of school or something. When Joey left, the CPL pipeline to DePaul opened right up, albeit briefly.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:51 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
SHARK wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

I think it's a myth that Joey Meyer didn't get it done.

It's what I remember anyway...Guys like longtime King H.S. head coach Landon "Sonny" Cox & former Simeon H.S. Bob Hambric were among the coaches really down on Joey Meyer back then...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:57 pm 

What is so frustrating is as a state, where state money funds a state school, I would like to see state kids have an opportunity to play for the state school. To do that in Illinois, you have to pay the freaking coaches off to be able to have the local kids play for you (I am sure any team has to pay the coaches off). The coaches are without question the biggest selfish pricks in the state. I know this isn't new, but what a slimy bunch of adults teaching the kids.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:23 pm 

redskingreg wrote:
Am I a stickler for noticing Goff's repeated grammar flubs?

Just heard him say "should have went." Yesterday he said "should have took." C'mon, man.

I think he is not as comfortable being the driver on this show, which he has to do with Terry. When he is on solo, with Mac, Spiegs, Bernstein and Matty he is a very easy listen. He has had a couple hiccups the last two days, but nothing that makes me want to flip the switch.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:36 pm 

they are replaying a caller from this AM...Malek or something. essentially saying the Bulls suck. I heard him this morning and said, "this guy is pretty much right!" :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:41 pm 

Goff and boers say the caller is stupid and then run through 10 reasons why the Bulls are in trouble!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:22 pm 

Decent interview with Paul Klee from 3 - 3:20 for the Illini group.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:34 pm 

Dude just calling in bitching about mid major coaches for the last 8 years...didn't the venerable Bill Self come from Tulsa? Pretty sure that would be considered a mid major. Granted, Tulsa was the real deal back then. Pretty sure it went Tubby Smith then Bill Self...that program was rolling.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:51 pm 

beni hanna wrote:
Dude just calling in bitching about mid major coaches for the last 8 years...didn't the venerable Bill Self come from Tulsa? Pretty sure that would be considered a mid major. Granted, Tulsa was the real deal back then. Pretty sure it went Tubby Smith then Bill Self...that program was rolling.

Factually speaking, that's where Bill Self coached before Illinois & now Kansas. The Golden Hurricane of Tulsa indeed.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:55 pm 

SHARK wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

Factually speaking, that's where Bill Self coached before Illinois & now Kansas. The Golden Hurricane of Tulsa indeed.

So it is safe to say that it is not a bad idea to raid a mid major for decent talent. Pulling a CPS scum out from under a rock and be the HC is quite a stretch. Unless of course we determine greasing public league coaches is of the utmost importance.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:59 pm 

Slow day up here in the B&B threads SHARK. Only bad thoughts emanating from me, you and occasionally the hatchetman.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:01 pm 

I've actually listened to the whole show so far, but not really a lot to report.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
beni hanna wrote:
SHARK wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

So it is safe to say that it is not a bad idea to raid a mid major for decent talent. Pulling a CPS scum out from under a rock and be the HC is quite a stretch. Unless of course we determine greasing public league coaches is of the utmost importance.

And in B&B land it is certainly up there in terms of importance.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Also, I will say it loud and say it proud....

I really, really like Terry when he isn't paired with BernSTINE.

I mean, I get it, I totally do.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
beni hanna wrote:
Decent interview with Paul Klee from 3 - 3:20 for the Illini group.