It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:09 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
He didn't do shit in this league other than score.

Yeah but you have Thibs as a top 3 coach based on beating a shitty ass Brooklyn Net team that was already on its 2nd coach during that particular season. Some lofty standards you set.

You also go to the death for Russell Westbrook and Carmelo Anthony (in his prime) never had the benefit of playing with anyone as good as Paul George.

If you put Kyrie "the bitch" Irving on OKC i guarantee they beat the Jazz.

Westbrook's career isn't over and he's already got more playoff experience than Anthony. I'm not sure what Thibs has to do with anything here but I respect how your admiration for him compels you to keep bringing him up randomly. If bitch ass Irving was in OKC he'd do the same thing he always does: get injured and miss games.

Let me explain it for you. Westbrook as the best player model isn't exactly a recipe for success in case you haven't noticed. His playoff success is mostly due to being a second banana to Kevin Durant. It is becoming clearer with each passing year that he was the 3rd best player on the team that made it to the finals. I say this as a Westbrook fan by the way. Unlike you I don't let bias get in the way. Westbrook has been in the league for 10 years too. He isn't a spring chicken by any stretch.

Also your guy Lebron revealed himself to be the bitch in all of this.

Lastly you celebrate the "great" Thibs yet what the hell has he ever won? He has no record of doing anything yet for some reason that doesn't preclude you from singing his praises whenever the mood strikes.

Last edited by long time guy on Thu May 03, 2018 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Yeah but you have Thibs as a top 3 coach based on beating a shitty ass Brooklyn Net team that was already on its 2nd coach during that particular season. Some lofty standards you set.

You also go to the death for Russell Westbrook and Carmelo Anthony (in his prime) never had the benefit of playing with anyone as good as Paul George.

Westbrook's career isn't over and he's already got more playoff experience than Anthony. I'm not sure what Thibs has to do with anything here but I respect how your admiration for him compels you to keep bringing him up randomly. If bitch ass Irving was in OKC he'd do the same thing he always does: get injured and miss games.

Let me explain it for you. Westbrook as the best player model isn't exactly a recipe for success in case you haven't noticed. His playoff success is mostly due to being a second banana to Kevin Durant. It is becoming clearer with each passing year that he was the 3rd best player on the team that made it to the finals. I say this as a Westbrook fan by the way. Unlike you I don't let bias get in the way. Westbrook has been in the league for 10 years too. He isn't a spring chicken by any stretch.

Lastly you celebrate the "great" Thibs yet what the hell has he ever one? He has no record of doing anything yet for some reason that doesn't preclude you from singing his praises whenever the mood strikes.

Admitting Westbrook was the second banana on the OKC finals team is the intellectually honest thing to do, but why would anyone do that when you hardly reciprocate? Calling him the third best on the finals team isn't accurate by any stretch.

LBJ is the king of this league. Irving is a mosquito.

Gotta admire your continued admiration for Thibs. Second post in a row where he's made an appearance.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:45 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Lastly you celebrate the "great" Thibs yet what the hell has he ever one? He has no record of doing anything yet for some reason that doesn't preclude you from singing his praises whenever the mood strikes.

Admitting Westbrook was the second banana on the OKC finals team is the intellectually honest thing to do, but why would anyone do that when you hardly reciprocate? Calling him the third best on the finals team isn't accurate by any stretch.

LBJ is the king of this league. Irving is a mosquito.

Gotta admire your continued admiration for Thibs. Second post in a row where he's made an appearance.

I admire your Thibs deflecting also. You were (as others were) perfectly content to discuss all things Thibs while you believed that he was an elite coach. Now that it has been essentially proven that he isn't you are running away fast.

Westbrook may have been regarded as the second best player on those teams but it is evident that he wasn't. Harden and Durant are clearly better and this isn't an age thing since all are in their respective primes. For once FavreFan may actually be right about something with him.

LBJ is nothing more than a team engineering wuss that refuses to play whenever he doesn't have the team or coach that he prefers. Without an elite supporting cast he isn't shit and these playoffs will demonstrate it.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:34 am 

Korver is better at this point.

Carmelo Anthony cries foul over Instagram post calling Kyle Korver better than him

Oklahoma City Thunder veteran Carmelo Anthony strongly disagreed with an Instagram post stating that Cleveland Cavaliers sharpshooter Kyle Korver is a better player than he is at this point in their NBA careers.

"WOWWWWW," Anthony wrote in a response to the post from his verified Instagram account. He also posted crying laughing emojis and wrote, "Had to comment on this one."

"FOH," he added.

Anthony, a three-time Olympic gold medalist and NCAA champion, had a subpar season with the Thunder in 2017-18 while taking on a new role.

The 33-year-old forward averaged a career-low 16.2 points on 40 percent shooting as a catch-and-shoot option, rather than being the isolation-heavy volume scorer he had been for much of his career. He also averaged 5.8 rebounds per game.

Anthony's role was significantly reduced during the Thunder's first-round playoff loss to the Utah Jazz.

Korver, who was selected in the same 2003 draft class as Anthony, has been key to the Cavaliers' run to the Eastern Conference finals. In the regular season, he averaged nine points on 46 percent shooting off of Cleveland's bench.

A bench role is something Anthony said he would not consider next season with the Thunder. The 10-time All-Star has an early termination option for his contract next season, which is valued at $28 million.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:37 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
For $28M Korver is definitely better. If Marshmelo was humble like Vince Carter I could see him being more valuable going forward.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
It's not even really a question who's better any longer.

Melo is actively detrimental to his team. Korver is at least a small plus for his team. No brainer.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:57 am 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:

Melo is actively detrimental to his team. Korver is at least a small plus for his team. No brainer.

I still can't believe how someone with his size and talent fell so hard.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:58 am 

Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I still can't believe how someone with his size and talent fell so hard.

The league passed him by. Isolation mid range jumpers are really only a good shot in the last 20 seconds of a game, and he never played defense even at his best.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:18 am 

FavreFan wrote:

Carmelo Anthony is still better than Kyle Korver. Kyle Korver plays depending on matchups (which means there are games in which he sees little action). Carmelo Anthony is wrongly expected to be the Hall of Fame player that he has always been and isn't. He is 33 years old coming off 2 severe injuries and is a 3rd option on a team with a guy that has the freedom to shoot 40 times in consecutive playoff games.

OKC rarely ran isos for him so the point about him being an iso player is moot. They made him a catch and shoot spacing player and that is not his strength.

The whole thing regarding iso ball being a thing of the past is fallacious also. Teams still utilize it see Houston, Cleveland, and Boston.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:20 am 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Carmelo Anthony is still better than Kyle Korver. Kyle Korver plays depending on matchups (which means there are games in which he sees little action). Carmelo Anthony is wrongly expected to be the Hall of Fame player that he has always been and isn't. He is 33 years old coming off 2 severe injuries and is a 3rd option on a team with a guy that has the freedom to shoot 40 times in consecutive playoff games.

OKC rarely ran isos for him so the point about him being an iso player is moot. They made him a catch and shoot spacing player and that is not his strength.

The whole thing regarding iso ball being a thing of the past is fallacious also. Teams still utilize it see Houston, Cleveland, and Boston.

Melo is best as a bench player on a decent team at this point.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:26 am 
100000 CLUB

He needs to become Vince Carter or a Grant Hill at the end.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:37 am 

conns7901 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Melo is best as a bench player on a decent team at this point.

Probably so. We will know definitively next year but its difficult to know as he plays with Westbrook. He isn't a #1 option type guy anymore and probably not a 2 either.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:16 pm 

Quote:
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) Oklahoma City Thunder forward Carmelo Anthony plans to opt in and take the $28 million he is due next season.

He got the money, hey, you know he got away

He headed down south and he's still running today

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:33 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Quote:
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) Oklahoma City Thunder forward Carmelo Anthony plans to opt in and take the $28 million he is due next season.

He got the money, hey, you know he got away

He headed down south and he's still running today

I guess coming off the bench will be an option then next season.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:28 am 

:lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:30 am 
100000 CLUB

Slippery...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Hilarious that Rockets are trading 4 first round draft picks to replace Carmelo with Butler. LTG is searching deep to find spin.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:25 pm 

IMU wrote:
Hilarious that Rockets are trading 4 first round draft picks to replace Carmelo with Butler. LTG is searching deep to find spin.

Actually I'm wondering if MCW will be included so that hopefully your delusions regarding the unlocking of his untapped potential can finally be actualized.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:46 am 

Please let them release him and go to the Lakers. Though he is likely done after this release.

Carmelo, Rockets in talks over role, sources say

Adrian Wojnarowski

The Houston Rockets and Carmelo Anthony are discussing his role with the team and how the franchise and the 10-time All-Star forward still might be able to proceed together for the rest of the season, league sources told ESPN.

Talks are ongoing, the sources said.

Anthony missed the Rockets' 96-89 loss at San Antonio on Saturday night because of an illness.

After the game, coach Mike D'Antoni referred all questions about Anthony to general manager Daryl Morey.

"Yeah, that's ... I'm sure you can address that with Daryl. I'm trying to win a game," D'Antoni said, adding: "You need to talk to Daryl. On that one, I have no answer for you right now."

Asked what role he sees for Anthony moving forward, D'Antoni said: "What he was doing. Melo's been great. What he's been doing is backing up the 4."

Anthony signed a one-year, $2.4 million veterans minimum contract with Houston after agreeing to a buyout with the Atlanta Hawks before the season.

The Rockets would be responsible for paying the 34-year-old Anthony that contract should the team decide to waive him.

Houston is searching for answers during what has been a sluggish start to the season on offense and defense. Anthony and the Rockets were both enthusiastic about his reunion with D'Antoni in the preseason, but both Anthony and the team -- which has had injuries and lost key personnel in free agency -- are off to a slow start.

The Rockets had the NBA's No. 1 offense a season ago but had dropped to 26th in the team's 4-6 start.

Anthony missed 10 of 11 shots in Houston's 98-80 loss to Oklahoma City on Thursday night. He is averaging 13.4 points per game on 40 percent shooting this season.

A year ago, Anthony had his poorest offensive season in the NBA for the Thunder, who traded him to Atlanta in the summer.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:51 am 

He's done.

If he wants to keep playing he could probably head to China and rake for another 5 years. But he's made so much money that he probably wouldn't even want to do that.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

He's too stupid to understand that he needs to adjust his game like a Vince Carter.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Should have retired an Atlanta Hawk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:39 pm 

Houston doesn't give him the ball and get out of his way enough. He is a volume shooter. He isn't at his best unless he gets his 25-30 shots per game.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:06 am 

Jeremy Lin NBA champion.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:12 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Jeremy Lin NBA champion.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Jeremy Lin NBA champion.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...

That's good.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:55 pm 

I love the Knicks. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:05 pm 

Someone may sign him if they miss out on Jeremy Lin.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:48 am 

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/08/08/usa-b ... -colangelo

USA Basketball Declines Carmelo Anthony's Request to Join Team For FIBA World Cup

"Don't call us. We'll call you."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next