It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 1:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
FavreFan wrote:
They would have won in 2009 if KG didn't get hurt also.

They would've gotten past Orlando, yes. Beaten the Lakers in the Finals though? I don't know about that.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

SHARK wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
This Garnett stuff is gonna make me puke

Garnett is a fucking loser. He's a 2nd option at best.

He had many oppurtunites to win in the playoffs as a star and failed consistently

Doesn't he have an NBA Championship ring? Something Benedict LeBron, Chris Bosh, Derrick Rose & Kevin Durant don't?

Scott Williams has 3 more rings than Karl Malone, John Stockton, and Charles Barkely combined.

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Carmelo doesn't play defense. He doesn't even try to. He also refuses to alter his own game to make the team better.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:12 pm 

few typos in the last post please excuse them

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy,
How many playoff series has the "Get the ball to Carmelo and let him do his thing" strategy won?

I grant you they have not won but two playoff series thus that strategy alone will not win it for you. My point is that he is an asset for a team and not a liability which has often been the portrayal of him. There are guys that score a lot of points that don't impact games in my opinion he is not one of them. He single handidly almost beat Boston in one of the playoff games last year and for that one game with no Stoudamire or Billups it almost worked. That is not enough but not of the other guys have been ever to Single handidly carry their teams to championships either. They all of had help where is his?
Who says he's a liability?

It seems like people doubt that a offense based on just getting Carmelo his shots can win. Of course he is an asset but I think it's a mistake to simply say he's the best player on the team so let's just get him the ball and then we'll win. It just hasn't happened. Lebron, Rose, Durant, and most other superstars don't win that way. Why does Goff seem to think the Knicks will doing it?

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
SHARK, Matt Bullard has two championship rings. That doesn't always matter.

But that's not what SHARK was talking about. The two aren't really comparable. KG was the most valuable member of that team and won DPOY and came like top 3 iirc in MVP voting.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:13 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
Carmelo doesn't play defense. He doesn't even try to. He also refuses to alter his own game to make the team better.

Those statements are simply not true.

1. He has been playing better defense under Mike Woodson

2. Earlier this season, and when he first got to New York, he was often deferring to Amare Stoudamire. I'd call that altering his game.

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:14 pm 

Garnett was the league MVP.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:15 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Kevin Garnett made it out of the first round of the playoffs only once in his career with the Minnesota Timberwolves and that only happened win he got Sam Cassell and Sprewell. Where was he leading them. He won a championship once he got with better players. The Lakers were a #8 seed barely making the playoffs until they got Pau Gasol Remember the joke about Kobe never winning one without Shaq. Better players make a better team.
What is your point? It seems to be that "Getting the ball to Carmelo and letting him do his thing" isn't going to work. He needs a team of people playing well just like Garnett. Thanks for helping my point!
long time guy wrote:
The Knicks have been a much better team with Carmelo Anthony as their best player. It doesn't fit the narrative for people that clung to the fallacy that he was the problem. Whats interesting is that they are doing without three people that rarely get criticism The ex-coach the point guard that they wanted to turn the team over to and the declining all star. Check their record since those three checked out.
:lol: You really are impressed by the Knicks probably getting an 8 seed. I'm not.

Not that impressed but they have been one the better teams in the east over the last 15 games and considering that they are doing without the savior Jeremy Lin pretty impressive who would have thunk it

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:16 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
They would have won in 2009 if KG didn't get hurt also.

They would've gotten past Orlando, yes. Beaten the Lakers in the Finals though? I don't know about that.

They've had the Lakers number when both teams were 100% over the last four years. I think they would've beaten the Lakers in 2010 if Perkins didnt go down. They couldn't get a rebound to save their life in Game 7.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:

He had many oppurtunites to win in the playoffs as a star and failed consistently

Thats why I started to dislike him. Everybody feeling sorry for KG. As if he deserves two all stars to play with him. A lot of stars had no other all stars on their team and found a way to win a few series here and there.

he did nothing.

Then he had the talent (Casell and Spree) and he lost that year.

Just not a #1 guy. Not some crazy unlucky would be superstar who just got screwed.

Garnett was a star, but he was never your typical star player. He did everything well, but he wasn't in the mold of a guy who takes over games.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:17 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:

Those statements are simply not true.

1. He has been playing better defense under Mike Woodson

2. Earlier this season, and when he first got to New York, he was often deferring to Amare Stoudamire. I'd call that altering his game.

1. You can make yourself believe whatever you want. That's like saying Boozer has been playing better defense under Thibs.

2. It was more like pouting because people were saying he wouldn't pass.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:19 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

But that's not what SHARK was talking about. The two aren't really comparable. KG was the most valuable member of that team and won DPOY and came like top 3 iirc in MVP voting.

Nope.

Pierce and Rondo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:19 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Not that impressed but they have been one the better teams in the east over the last 15 games and considering that they are doing without the savior Jeremy Lin pretty impressive who would have thunk it
The Knicks are 2-3 when Carmelo scores over 25 in those 15 games.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Knicks in the playoffs is still very uncertain. They have a HUGE game against a SOLID Bucks team this evening in Milwaukee at 7 PM CST. IF Philly can pull there head out of there ass against inferior talent on the road then NYK could be sitting at home come playoff time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:20 pm 

BD wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Thats why I started to dislike him. Everybody feeling sorry for KG. As if he deserves two all stars to play with him. A lot of stars had no other all stars on their team and found a way to win a few series here and there.

he did nothing.

Then he had the talent (Casell and Spree) and he lost that year.

Just not a #1 guy. Not some crazy unlucky would be superstar who just got screwed.

Garnett was a star, but he was never your typical star player. He did everything well, but he wasn't in the mold of a guy who takes over games.

Thats fine and Ill agree with that. He was a star but he just wasnt a #1 guy or winner.

He was really good. I just think the excuses for him got ridiculous.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:21 pm 

beni hanna wrote:
Knicks in the playoffs is still very uncertain. They have a HUGE game against a SOLID Bucks team this evening in Milwaukee at 7 PM CST.

I'll definitely be watching that one and rooting for my favorite backcourt tandem in the NBA.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:23 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Nope.

Pierce and Rondo

Not in 2008. Maybe pierce but most would disagree with you. But rondo was 4th. During that playoff run Nas laughed at me for suggesting Rondo was a future all star. They couldn't even trust him as a starter at that point, that's why they brought in Cassell.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
beni hanna wrote:
Knicks in the playoffs is still very uncertain. They have a HUGE game against a SOLID Bucks team this evening in Milwaukee at 7 PM CST.

I'll definitely be watching that one and rooting for my favorite backcourt tandem in the NBA.

I was with you on Ellis. I'd take Monta Ellis and Rose. I thought that comparison to Thomas and Dumars was not at all bad either.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:38 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy,
How many playoff series has the "Get the ball to Carmelo and let him do his thing" strategy won?

I grant you they have not won but two playoff series thus that strategy alone will not win it for you. My point is that he is an asset for a team and not a liability which has often been the portrayal of him. There are guys that score a lot of points that don't impact games in my opinion he is not one of them. He single handidly almost beat Boston in one of the playoff games last year and for that one game with no Stoudamire or Billups it almost worked. That is not enough but not of the other guys have been ever to Single handidly carry their teams to championships either. They all of had help where is his?
Who says he's a liability?

It seems like people doubt that a offense based on just getting Carmelo his shots can win. Of course he is an asset but I think it's a mistake to simply say he's the best player on the team so let's just get him the ball and then we'll win. It just hasn't happened. Lebron, Rose, Durant, and most other superstars don't win that way. Why does Goff seem to think the Knicks will doing it?

I think he can win a championship as the featured player on the team. He has never done it obviously but to criticize him for not being a player that you can just give the ball to and get the hell out the way to win a championship is stupid because a lot of players would not hold up to that standard. He is a premier scorer and in my opinion one of the top 10 players in the league. He has been playing like it ever since they got rid of the coach that thought it was better for Lin and in earlier games Toney Douglas to take as many shots as Carmelo Anthony.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:46 pm 

long time guy wrote:
I think he can win a championship as the featured player on the team. He has never done it obviously but to criticize him for not being a player that you can just give the ball to and get the hell out the way to win a championship is stupid because a lot of players would not hold up to that standard.
Then why did Goff say that is what you should do? I understand it's a high standard that only a few players can meet, but I'm not the one who thinks that is how you should use Carmelo. Goff does. Just like you, he seems to be pretty impressed that Carmelo can put up good numbers on an 8 seed.
long time guy wrote:
He is a premier scorer and in my opinion one of the top 10 players in the league. He has been playing like it ever since they got rid of the coach that thought it was better for Lin and in earlier games Toney Douglas to take as many shots as Carmelo Anthony.
Carmelo has been in the league a long time. 15 games doesn't impress me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:06 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
I think he can win a championship as the featured player on the team. He has never done it obviously but to criticize him for not being a player that you can just give the ball to and get the hell out the way to win a championship is stupid because a lot of players would not hold up to that standard.
Then why did Goff say that is what you should do? I understand it's a high standard that only a few players can meet, but I'm not the one who thinks that is how you should use Carmelo. Goff does. Just like you, he seems to be pretty impressed that Carmelo can put up good numbers on an 8 seed.
long time guy wrote:
He is a premier scorer and in my opinion one of the top 10 players in the league. He has been playing like it ever since they got rid of the coach that thought it was better for Lin and in earlier games Toney Douglas to take as many shots as Carmelo Anthony.
Carmelo has been in the league a long time. 15 games doesn't impress me.

If i'm not correct he has been in the playoffs every year that he has been in the league. Have you seen the starting lineup that they have been trotting out?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:22 pm 

long time guy wrote:
If i'm not correct he has been in the playoffs every year that he has been in the league. Have you seen the starting lineup that they have been trotting out?
What would our friend Jason Goff say about the accomplishment of making the playoffs every year?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:15 pm 

Basketball Hell yeah those Denver Teams were the epitome of basketall hell though that one year they were good it was just that the Lakers were tough.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
What would our friend Jason Goff say about the accomplishment of making the playoffs every year?

He's guest hosting the nighttime SCORE at 6p this eve. Just ask him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:17 pm 

SHARK wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

He's guest hosting the nighttime SCORE at 6p this eve. Just ask him.
I may have already.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:59 pm 

Quote:
Skip Bayless ‏ @RealSkipBayless
Another big win for Knicks/Melo, beating team they're fighting for last playoff spot @Mil. Melo proves again he's a Top 5 player.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:09 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
If Skip Bayless is on your side, you're wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:59 am 

conns7901 wrote:
Quote:
Another big win for Knicks/Melo, beating team they're fighting for last playoff spot @Mil. Melo proves again he's a Top 5 player.

Top 5 player, who is fighting for playoff life. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Beat Milwaukee, next stop title-town. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:02 am 

Douchebag wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Quote:

Top 5 player, who is fighting for playoff life. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Beat Milwaukee, next stop title-town. :lol:

:lol: I mean seriously. I get that Skip is basically a self-parody at this point but that's still a little too ridiculous.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 31  Next