It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:56 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
MajorKong wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Every quote is hilarious.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23349261/carmelo-anthony-oklahoma-city-thunder-says-come-bench-returns%3fplatform=amp

I loved him at Syracuse but he has to have one of the most useless great careers in NBA history.

I don't know about that - plenty of guys that were just as good if not better who also didn't win anything:

Barkley
Ewing
T-Mac
Chris Webber
Malone
Kemp
Miller

Iverson

He won an NBA finals game. Melo has only been out of the first round once. I think he actually has the worst win % in the playoffs of any player in NBA history. I guess you could put that on his plaque in the HOF.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2773 ... th-star-sf

No kidding?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:11 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
MajorKong wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23349261/carmelo-anthony-oklahoma-city-thunder-says-come-bench-returns%3fplatform=amp

I loved him at Syracuse but he has to have one of the most useless great careers in NBA history.

I don't know about that - plenty of guys that were just as good if not better who also didn't win anything:

Barkley
Ewing
T-Mac
Chris Webber
Malone
Kemp
Miller

Iverson

He won an NBA finals game. Melo has only been out of the first round once. I think he actually has the worst win % in the playoffs of any player in NBA history. I guess you could put that on his plaque in the HOF.

This is false. He has been out of the first round more than once.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
MajorKong wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Barkley
Ewing
T-Mac
Chris Webber
Malone
Kemp
Miller

Iverson

Correct. Twice.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 6:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
MajorKong wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Barkley
Ewing
T-Mac
Chris Webber
Malone
Kemp
Miller

Iverson

Vince Carter and Steve Nash

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 6:45 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
MajorKong wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Barkley
Ewing
T-Mac
Chris Webber
Malone
Kemp
Miller

Iverson

Correct. Twice.

That changes everything!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 6:46 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Iverson, Carter, and McGrady are like the holy trinity of ultimately not mattering, aren't they?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 6:46 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Iverson, Carter, and McGrady are like the holy trinity of ultimately not mattering, aren't they?

No. Iverson mattered.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 6:55 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
MajorKong wrote:
[quote="veganfan21"

Barkley
Ewing
T-Mac
Chris Webber
Malone
Kemp
Miller

Iverson

Correct. Twice.[/quote]
That changes everything![/quote]

From the guy that worships at the altar of Etwaun Moore.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 6:57 pm 

Interesting that the master of spin would focus on an aging 3rd option at best Carmelo even at this late date. This wasnt his team

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:08 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Interesting that the master of spin would focus on an aging 3rd option at best Carmelo even at this late date. This wasnt his team

What time period should I focus on?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:13 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Not this one. If your only argument is going to be that he is a bum because he didn't win then its a stupid one.

The best player to ever play with him for the first 14 years of his career was Chauncey Billups. During the short time that they played together he made it to the Conference Finals and lost to a better player and a much better team.

Can you name one team that he has ever played for that was ever supposed to win a championship? If you can name the team then please name the 2nd best player on said team?

If you can't name the player or team then its futile to continue this rather pointless debate.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:16 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Not this one. If your only argument is going to be that he is a bum because he didn't win then its a stupid one.

The best player to ever play with him for the first 14 years of his career was Chauncey Billups. During the short time that they played together he made it to the Conference Finals and lost to a better player and a much better team.

Can you name one team that he has ever played for that was ever supposed to win a championship? If you can name the team then please name the 2nd best player on said team?

If you can't name the player or team then its futile to continue this rather pointless debate.

The WCF appearance with Denver is the only time his team exceeded expectations though. There have been more examples of him losing as a higher seed than winning as a lower seed.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:22 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Are arguing against me or with me now?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:23 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

The WCF appearance with Denver is the only time his team exceeded expectations though. There have been more examples of him losing as a higher seed than winning as a lower seed.

I'd have to look at this but this is what i do know. For most of his years as an NBA player he has had the benefit of being the only All Star on the teams that he has played on.

As A rookie and best player his team won 26 more games than they'd won the year before and also made the playoffs.

His team made the playoffs for the first 9 years of his career.

As far as "exceeded" expectations go you'd have to specify.

Those Denver teams weren't talent laden and neither were the Knicks.

His rookie year Denver team exceeded expectations. So did his Knick team that won 54 games.

Again who was the 2nd best player on these chamionship contending teams?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:23 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I'd have to look at this but this is what i do know. For most of his years as an NBA player he has had the benefit of being the only All Star on the teams that he has played on.

As A rookie and best player his team won 26 more games than they'd won the year before and also made the playoffs.

His team made the playoffs for the first 9 years of his career.

As far as "exceeded" expectations go you'd have to specify.

Those Denver teams weren't talent laden and neither were the Knicks.

His rookie year Denver team exceeded expectations. So did his Knick team that won 54 games.

Again who was the 2nd best player on all of these championship contending teams?

Last edited by long time guy on Wed May 02, 2018 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:24 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Let's not deflect. I asked rather simple questions.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:24 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:29 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
Goff is the Score's resident NBA Expert and Bulls Insider.

That's all you need to know.

why cause hes black? ive heard dan bernstein make way more accurate predictions way more often

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Barkley
Ewing
T-Mac
Chris Webber
Malone
Kemp
Miller

I don't know why I placed these guys in the same sentence.

Like others have said,. Anthony has had a rather meaningless career as a star. He's first ballot HOF but his career is kind of hollow.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:50 am 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I agree with you. His career was a waste of a good talent.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:02 am 

I'm not taking the time to make the mult but I really wanted to do this:

Boilermaker Melo wrote:
The only solution to me taking too many shots is for me to take significantly more shots.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:12 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I agree with you. His career was a waste of a good talent.

Was there ever any doubt as to whether you'd answer the question or not? Not from this observer there wasn't.

Waste of a good talent is a stupid thought as well since he is generally regarded as one of the top 2-3 scorers of his era and also a guy that will be a first ballot hall of famer.

But yeah continue on with the WSCR esque notion that your career means nothing if you don't win a championship B.S. if that's what floats your boat.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:21 am 

Your questions helped my arguments. What answers do you want?

His teams were mostly useless and is unaccomplished and he had many ways he could have avoided that.

He could score though. His teams just didn't win much from that great ability.

Last edited by Brick on Thu May 03, 2018 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:24 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

His teams were mostly useless and is accomplished and he had many ways he could have avoided that.

You spin and deflect so much that even you don't know what it is that you are trying to say.

Again its unsurprising that you would choose not to answer 3 basic/relevant questions.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:26 am 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

His teams were mostly useless and is accomplished and he had many ways he could have avoided that.

You spin and deflect so much that even you don't know what it is that you are trying to say.

There is no spin or deflection here. Go read the first post of this thread.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:29 am 

He didn't do shit in this league other than score.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:48 am 

veganfan21 wrote:

Yeah but you have Thibs as a top 3 coach based on beating a shitty ass Brooklyn Net team that was already on its 2nd coach during that particular season. Some lofty standards you set.

You also go to the death for Russell Westbrook and Carmelo Anthony (in his prime) never had the benefit of playing with anyone as good as Paul George.

If you put Kyrie "the bitch" Irving on OKC i guarantee they beat the Jazz.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:18 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

There is no spin or deflection here. Go read the first post of this thread.

Your first post was a spin job of what Goff actually stated. Goff never said give him the damn ball and they will win Championships.

Secondly your bumping of the thread and rewording of the title is also a spin job. This OKC team wasn't an example of give him the damn ball and get the hell out of the way. He was a third option. For the vast majority of the season he was nothing more than a spot up shooter yet it still didn't prevent you from playing your trademarked message board gotcha games anyway.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:44 am 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Yeah but you have Thibs as a top 3 coach based on beating a shitty ass Brooklyn Net team that was already on its 2nd coach during that particular season. Some lofty standards you set.

You also go to the death for Russell Westbrook and Carmelo Anthony (in his prime) never had the benefit of playing with anyone as good as Paul George.

If you put Kyrie "the bitch" Irving on OKC i guarantee they beat the Jazz.

Westbrook's career isn't over and he's already got more playoff experience than Anthony. I'm not sure what Thibs has to do with anything here but I respect how your admiration for him compels you to keep bringing him up randomly. If bitch ass Irving was in OKC he'd do the same thing he always does: get injured and miss games.

2013 CSFMB ROY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next