It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

The bleeding heart, woke liberals were at it again.

This time, you can tell Bernstein did the "woke" act through gritted teeth. Bernstein was once the guy that didn't feel bad for Whitney Houston after her death. "The crack whore is dead. Crack whores die. What's the big deal?" Bernstein said something like that.

Larry, on the other hand, loved feeling bad for Tim Anderson because he's black and from the south and there are no black players in MLB help him through this self inflicted wound.

Let's do some real talk.

Time Anderson banged his side piece and knocked her up. Then, the baby mama he knocked up talked shit on social media claiming that Tim told her he's staying with the wife to keep up his image. I believe her by the way. Anderson then cried on some podcast and bragged that he was gonna be there for bastard son. What a guy. Oh, yeah, then he said he felt lonley and there is nobody to help him with this because there are no blacks in baseball.

1. This is not a black thing, Tim. Crackers in MLB have been knocking up their side pieces since the beginning of baseball. Babe Ruth was banging cocktail waitresses two at a time. Lucky for him, women couldn't vote let alone get child support in the 1920s. So he lived in better times for banging bitches.

2. Many of the latino players in MLB have at least 2 families. Many have knocked up multiple women. Lucky for them that these women live in Venezuela and/or the Dominican Republic so they can't get any money either. Cuz they have no rights there. United States laws don't protect them. These women are poor any are happy to get whatever these players give them. Sadly, it's probably more money then they would have if they didn't get knocked up by an MLber.

3. How is anybody gonna help you with this? What are they suppose to say? I'm not black but my conversation with you would be simple...

Beardown: Use a condom, you dumb fuck.

Tim Anderson: Oh yeah. I never thought of that.

Beardown: Ok. Good talk. Now get your fucking batting average back to .320 and stop crying about this shit. Everybody has their problems and nobody cares about your problem of "KNOCKING UP A BITCH OTHER THEN YOUR WIFE." Got it? Good.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:39 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:49 am 

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:23 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Why does he think a balck baseball player will help him? I would suggest parents, brothers, sisters, uncles. If your family doesn't have your back....then yes, poor Tim Anderson.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:26 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nardi wrote:
Why does he think a balck baseball player will help him? I would suggest parents, brothers, sisters, uncles. If your family doesn't have your back....then yes, poor Tim Anderson.

Because the out of wedlock birth rate is at 70% amongst blacks ? Needs that kinship .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:41 am 

I forgot. White male athletes don't fuck. Listen, I can see Trevor Bauer not being able to relate, but this shit here is as old as time. There's only one solution, the way Kobe did it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Tafdes
So Kobe flew the helicopter into the mountain on purpose!?!?!? :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Douchebag wrote:
:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
The Sox should trade for Jason Heyward. He gives great speeches when needed most.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
badrogue17 wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Because the out of wedlock birth rate is at 70% amongst blacks ? Needs that kinship .

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
c'mon Boebert, lemme try and keep that disappointed face going.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
All this angst for a player that had a few good offensive years, but costs you just as many games as he wins with his poor defensive play at a key defensive position.

Guess talking about the fact that the Sox are still really bad a baseball despite getting rid of the evil Tony LaRussa is not real affirming for our SJW hero hosts?

Do not listen anymore but seem to remember Bernstein saying the manager does not matter numerous times over the years which seems to directly contradict the lengthy diatribes he would go on last year about the team sucking because of the manager, but you do have to twist yourself into some fairly difficult and divergent intellectual pretzels to appease the SJW gods.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:26 am 

This manager thing isn't hard. They don't matter when they don't matter and they matter when they matter. And when they do matter, have a good one. And baseball is the only sport you can get away with having bad ones. It's why there's so many of them because, who cares, managers don't matter. Bruce Bochy gets back in because why not? He runs circles around these dipshits. Tony LaRussa was never "good". Dave Duncan was.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:08 am 

Baseball managers used to all be crusty old dudes that sat you down if you didn't play winning team-oriented baseball.

Do not think I heard a baseball manager referred to as a "players manager" back when I was a kid and followed the Cubs religiously.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Clawmaster wrote:
Baseball managers used to all be crusty old dudes that sat you down if you didn't play winning team-oriented baseball.

Do not think I heard a baseball manager referred to as a "players manager" back when I was a kid and followed the Cubs religiously.

I think managers help with the culture as well as leadership. I really think this team is about the inmates running the asylum. It doesn't help that management is inept. At one time, I thought it was Jackie and the Cubans being the problem. But, you also have Giolito the diva added to the mix, and Cease not signing an extension.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:13 pm 

Wonder how Bob Gibson would have handled the bat flippers.

If you watch interviews with him his logic makes perfect sense, don't ever talk to the hitters, pitch inside so they can't cover the outer half of the plate.

He was all about getting any advantage possible because they paid him to win games.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:45 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Clawmaster wrote:

If you watch interviews with him his logic makes perfect sense, don't ever talk to the hitters, pitch inside so they can't cover the outer half of the plate.

He was all about getting any advantage possible because they paid him to win games.

Bob Gibson hates joy. Which is strange because he comes from a joyous race.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:59 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Don't they have the blues?....from their head down to their shoes?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:28 pm 
Site Admin

Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Don't they have the blues?....from their head down to their shoes?

Tony LaRussa hates batflips = He's Hitler

Bob Gibson hates batflips = He's the toughest competitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:22 am 

What's LaRussa and Gibson think about players shooting steroids in each others asses in the bathroom stall? Pretty sure one of them thinks it's just fine.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:00 am 
Site Admin

Nardi wrote:
What's LaRussa and Gibson think about players shooting steroids in each others asses in the bathroom stall? Pretty sure one of them thinks it's just fine.

I'd guess both of them didn't complain about whatever edge guys were using in the time they played.

I've never been a fan of LaRussa, but your obvious distaste for him is kind of strange. The idea that Dave Duncan was really the brains yet he agreed to take $300,000 a year while LaRussa was paid $5 million is just odd.

In any case, every team LaRussa's teams beat on the way to their championships was loaded with guys on performance enhancing drugs.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:14 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nardi wrote:

I'd guess both of them didn't complain about whatever edge guys were using in the time they played.

I've never been a fan of LaRussa, but your obvious distaste for him is kind of strange. The idea that Dave Duncan was really the brains yet he agreed to take $300,000 a year while LaRussa was paid $5 million is just odd.

In any case, every team LaRussa's teams beat on the way to their championships was loaded with guys on performance enhancing drugs.

Dave's a little bit on the spectrum. Ever meet him? Think Tom Cruise heading to the blackjack table with Dustin Hoffman. It's a wild exaggeration but it makes the point. Without Duncan, LaRussa is struggling with a dog clinic and ambulance chasing law firm. LaRussa without Dave means fans are yelling at Tony to pinch run Engel.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:38 am 
Site Admin

Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Dave's a little bit on the spectrum. Ever meet him? Think Tom Cruise heading to the blackjack table with Dustin Hoffman. It's a wild exaggeration but it makes the point. Without Duncan, LaRussa is struggling with a dog clinic and ambulance chasing law firm. LaRussa without Dave means fans are yelling at Tony to pinch run Engel.

I doubt it. This is an atrocious collection of ballplayers and LaRussa had them playing respectable, and sometimes great, baseball, in spite of many injuries. All without Dave Duncan.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:53 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nardi wrote:

I doubt it. This is an atrocious collection of ballplayers and LaRussa had them playing respectable, and sometimes great, baseball, in spite of many injuries. All without Dave Duncan.

Ah yes, the monumental Cornfield Game.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nardi wrote:

I don't know about that. They got some excellent starting pitching during the first half of 2021 and enjoyed some success as a result. Outside of that three month stretch, this team has been mediocre or worse. The fact of the matter is, the players they acquired during the rebuild aren't good enough to win. There's no amount of coaching or free agent acquisitions that are going to solve that problem.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:59 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The Deacon is right.

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The White Sox played "respectable, and sometimes great baseball" under LaRussa for about 90 games.

LaRussa's White Sox Pre AS break 2021; 54-35
LaRussa's White Sox after the 2021 AS game; 103-102

Again, if you're going to give LaRussa any credit for 2021, then you have to give him at least some blame for the 2021 ALDS and 2022 season.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

Warren Newson wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nardi wrote:

I don't know about that. They got some excellent starting pitching during the first half of 2021 and enjoyed some success as a result. Outside of that three month stretch, this team has been mediocre or worse. The fact of the matter is, the players they acquired during the rebuild aren't good enough to win. There's no amount of coaching or free agent acquisitions that are going to solve that problem.

The players they acquired via trades and drafted haven't been good enough. Really, throughout this rebuild, who are the players they have drafted? They have acquired pretty much nearly all of their key players via trades or the international market. They drafted Tim Anderson, Garret Crochet and Andrew Vaughn. I'm sure I'm missing somebody, but if that's it, that's pretty brutal.

They also haven't complemented the core with "win now" free agency enough and/or have spent on middle relievers. They did sign some starting pitching (Lynn and Keuchel) and Grandall, but stopped spending in the last 2 years on significant free agents.

The front office is most responsible for this (outside of the players themselves), but it's a flawed rebuild and now they have limited ability to turn this around without the players suddenly reverting back to their play from 2 years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:08 pm 

BD wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nardi wrote:

The players they acquired via trades and drafted haven't been good enough. Really, throughout this rebuild, who are the players they have drafted? They have acquired pretty much nearly all of their key players via trades or the international market. They drafted Tim Anderson, Garret Crochet and Andrew Vaughn. I'm sure I'm missing somebody, but if that's it, that's pretty brutal.

They also haven't complemented the core with "win now" free agency enough and/or have spent on middle relievers. They did sign some starting pitching (Lynn and Keuchel) and Grandall, but stopped spending in the last 2 years on significant free agents.

The front office is most responsible for this (outside of the players themselves), but it's a flawed rebuild and now they have limited ability to turn this around without the players suddenly reverting back to their play from 2 years ago.

This.

The players the received in the three big trades are pretty much all capable starters. Some have underwhelmed very big expectations. I'd even say their investment in Cuba has been a good idea.
They blew high draft picks year after year and spent poorly in free agency. That's the real culprit.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:25 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
I consider the players they drafted to be players they acquired during the rebuild. Of the young position players they brought in, they needed at least one to be a perennial All Star type and at least two or three to be above average starters. I would say Robert is an above average starter, but the rest are average at best.

All that being said, I think the young starting pitching they have developed has been good enough to win. That hasn't been part of the problem.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:35 am 

Warren Newson wrote:
I consider the players they drafted to be players they acquired during the rebuild. Of the young position players they brought in, they needed at least one to be a perennial All Star type and at least two or three to be above average starters. I would say Robert is an above average starter, but the rest are average at best.

All that being said, I think the young starting pitching they have developed has been good enough to win. That hasn't been part of the problem.

I understand but when evaluating the front office's strengths and weakness, I think a breakdown is helpful.