It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

Jason Goff wrote:
That was actually funny. This will be the final time I address why I block people. I blocked the Sinicalypse guy because he made several different twitter sites and bothered me with every one of them on numerous occasions that had nothing to do with sports. I always look at blocking people as an opportunity to remove something from their life that is bothering them...me.

All in all you guys are completely right. The "fame" is getting to my head.

I do find it interesting how when you block a guy, in an instant his entire opinion does a 180 on you.

There are a lot of guys who are more weird than I imagined. Most of the people I block have nothing to do with disagreeing. I know that'll mess up the narrative.

I will say this...I'm very disappointed at the shot that this board took at Bernsy's family. I'm glad some of you treated that guy exactly how he should have been treated.

No hard feelings, Brian. I feel I've addressed that subject more than I care to; and have shown more transparency than most would have considering the circumstances.

Y'all be good. Never any hard feelings on my end. Skins a lot thicker than you guys would ever imagine. And anyone who's ever seen me out or come out to an event know I appreciate everyone for the good/bad words. You're right about all those things, Beardown. Which is why the third market in the country is something I'm proud to be a part of. As long as my peers respect my work, and the people that I do this for do; I'll just have to live with the message board pied piper taking shots (when he secretly loves everything I do). :D

Ok, Jason, you baited me into responding. I usually ignore these attempts by radio people. This sort of thing is beneath me. But I'll humor you. Here we go.

1. Yes, being a reporter in the 3rd largest market in the country is prestigious. But only if you get paid for it. To me, being a paid reporter in the 20th largest market trumps being a reporter for free in the 3rd largest market. But what do I know?

2. You say you know you're a good reporter if your peers like you, right? Ok. Who's that? Drinky, Larry and Boers? Yes, they're gonna say you're awesome. We've all heard it from them. Just like you're gonna say they're awesome. You guys are a team. It's an understaning between you guys. Chicago sees through it. It's an "I'll slurp you if you slurp me" understanding.

3. Rachel reported a false report from another outlet. Not that bad. She didn't have the false report. You reported a "Wade to Chicago" report that you should have known was wrong. Why? Cuz of all of the reporters in the world, did you honestly think that you, Jason Goff, had the basketball story of the year over them? C'mon? You should have known better. I still think you got it from a Club bouncer. Some say it was from the janitor at the UC. Others have said you got it from a high class Chicago hooker that NBA players use when they roll into Chicago. It's over now and doesn't matter. Tell us where you got that bad info from, Goff. Chicago deserves to know.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:53 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
:lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

I missed that thread about Bernstein as well. Can somone PM me as to what was said and who wrote it? I know it was probably all garbage, but you got me curious.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:07 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
I want to know why Goff has a seemingly used ashtray? We know he doesn't smoke tobacco, right?

http://twitter.com/#!/Jason1Goff/media/ ... 2Fkjaenqqj

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
What a thread. Beardown in full effect, badrogue and JORR doin' work, and a Dim O'Braincell appearance.

Don't stop now, boys!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
RFDC wrote:
Jason Goff wrote:
I will say this...I'm very disappointed at the shot that this board took at Bernsy's family. I'm glad some of you treated that guy exactly how he should have been treated.

That was not the board, but one idiot poster.

Love yer suit.

I said it in that thread too, but unfortunately it makes us all look bad. Even though the blame lies with one. Hate that.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Beardowns 2 posts in this thread are grade A stuff. Nailed 'em both.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
So, have we found the answer as to why Goff blocked RPB?

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:50 pm 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
PMS.

Goddamnit, I want some fucking answers here, people!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
SomeGuy wrote:

At this point its irrelevant as some fine circle jerking has come to the fore :wink:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:52 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:

At this point its irrelevant as some fine circle jerking has come to the fore :wink:

What a letdown.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Franky T wrote:
I want to know why Goff has a seemingly used ashtray? We know he doesn't smoke tobacco, right?

http://twitter.com/#!/Jason1Goff/media/ ... 2Fkjaenqqj

File that one under "Who cares."

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:32 pm 

Jason Goff wrote:
There are a lot of guys who are more weird than I imagined. Most of the people I block have nothing to do with disagreeing. I know that'll mess up the narrative.

No hard feelings, Brian. I feel I've addressed that subject more than I care to; and have shown more transparency than most would have considering the circumstances.

Y

Thats fine. The Sini stuff is understandable

Doesnt really explain why you blocked me though. I mean you mentioned weirdness. I tweeted you 3 things ever.

The Rachel Nichols thing, asking about the Peyton Manning comment, and saying telling people not to get emotional about sports was ill advised

Which of those weirded you out?

And my opnion of you has not changed. You are still one of the better hosts at the Score, but I do think your getting a little ridiculous with the be a smart fan act. Its all sports it doesnt matter. You said it yourself on air today. Its a getaway for the fan. Expect emotion.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:39 pm 

Beardown's post was good. BadRogue was good too

But Dim O brought the fuckin house down.

I wanna quote my favorite part but it would be the whole post

The avatar pic is perfect, too. One of the last great mults.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:45 pm 

Dim O'Braincell wrote:
TWEET-LEDUMB - For yet another time, Der 'Schnore's own Jason "Sloth" has grown a bit too big for his "bitches". In his continuing "attempts" to big-time the entire World, he has only displayed his "hip"ocrisy - no doubt to the delight of his tens of dim-witted "foul"ers.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
Bit of advice:

Don't feel too bad when you get blocked by someone who makes 1/2 as much as you.

Treat it like the episode of Boondocks - when blacks step on each other's shoes they shoot eachother. But when a black steps on a white man's shoes, he just says, "Wait a minute, I'M WHITE!" and he just goes about his business because he knows he's better than such buffoonery. In the same way, you are better than Goff - walk away with your head high while he keeps on "ACTIN A FOOL!"

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
*reads through thread*

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:23 pm 

Life is actually pretty swell for me financially these days. I appreciate your worry. So if you get blocked by an athlete should you feel bad? Because you make less than him...

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Of all the posters on here, you have chosen to acknowledge the comments of schmitty and white and proud????

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
Jason Goff wrote:
Life is actually pretty swell for me financially these days. I appreciate your worry. So if you get blocked by an athlete should you feel bad? Because you make less than him...

How are you responding while on the air? You are a beast at multi-tasking

OOPS, I mean MULTI-TAXING

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Of all the posters on here, you have chosen to acknowledge the comments of schmitty and white and proud????

Selective screening... Where have I heard of that before?

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
crosscheck wrote:
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:

Selective screening... Where have I heard of that before?

Probably a W&P post.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:27 am 

This is turning into something weird.

Who cares. Goff blocked me, life goes on.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:36 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
rogers park bryan wrote:
This is turning into something weird.

Who cares. Goff blocked me, life goes on.

:wink: roll with the punches..not a big deal

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:41 am 

Of course not.

It was just a good topic for a thread.

I tweet like a boss, if that gets me blocked by some, So be it

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:42 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Of course not.

It was just a good topic for a thread.

I tweet like a boss, if that gets me blocked by some, So be it

You can't just show up, kick the door in, call for the bull and then just walk away and expect everyone to pretend that nothing happened.

RPB, something did happen, you can't change that. All you can do is seek justice and truth.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:09 am 

I guess #WadeToTheBullsImminent is what did it.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:11 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
I guess #WadeToTheBullsImminent is what did it.

Until Jason "NBA EXPERT AND INSIDER" Goff confirms, it's all speculation.

Jason Goff telling us why he blocked you is imminent.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:12 am 

This has a "five stories broken" feel to it. He was wrong on one thing he reported. Let it go.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:14 am 

good dolphin wrote:
This has a "five stories broken" feel to it. He was wrong on one thing he reported. Let it go.

Hey, let me be clear. Im not a guy that brings that up a lot. I only brought it up because he specifically criticized someone for going with a false twitter report.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next