All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Makalu G wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Makalu G wrote:
Is the BernSTINE thing funny?!?

Wasn't meant to be so fucking relax.

I disagree. I think any time someone types it here or says it on the air it's an attempt to be humorously mocking.

BTW, I'm very relaxed...

Not relaxed enough.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:37 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Makalu G wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Makalu G wrote:

I disagree. I think any time someone types it here or says it on the air it's an attempt to be humorously mocking.

BTW, I'm very relaxed...

We missed you, Holmes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinders
SomeGuy wrote:
Makalu G wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Makalu G wrote:

BTW, I'm very relaxed...

Not relaxed enough.

Were I any more relaxed, I'd lose the contents of my bowels... oh... nevermind...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
No. No it's not.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
City of Fools wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
No the Score is not better without Dan. I do think B and B has run its course. I do think Dan solo would work well in the mornings.

what Dan solo shows did you hear that made you think Dan would be a good solo host at the Score (not nationally). He's awful solo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dJfWvCYFio Cracks me up everytime. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
What is with the insistence on referring to him as BernSTINE rather than Bernstein?

Danny does it himself when he uses his meathead voice to impersonate a caller who disagrees with him.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
No, but the station needs some sort of shakeup. My vote has always been for a Mac/Bernstein pairing in the afternoon. Barring that, it would be nice if the higher-ups would make some effort to slow the Score's transformation from The Voice Of The Fan to The Voice Of People Much Smarter Than The Fan Telling The Fan How Stupid He Is.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Everything is better without Bernstein!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
This board is better with Bernsie because yall get so upset. As for the programming, yeah it sucks with him around.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:02 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Leery, Matt, Jason, Rongey, Ostrowski, and Ten Foot Midget all borrow heavily from Bernstein's trick bag of speech patterns and logical fallacies. When Steven Berger hits the airwaves, add him. .

while Boers certainly is not a Dan clone, the influence is readily apparent as he is a different broadcaster than he was with Mc Neil

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:07 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Dave In Champaign wrote:
No, but the station needs some sort of shakeup. My vote has always been for a Mac/Bernstein pairing in the afternoon. Barring that, it would be nice if the higher-ups would make some effort to slow the Score's transformation from The Voice Of The Fan to The Voice Of People Much Smarter Than The Fan Telling The Fan How Stupid He Is.

Not going to happen as long as Mitch is head cheerleader for Bernstein and Leery's brand of radio.

You have to wonder if that "I'm going to block all the texters" thing was just radio theater, by the way. One would have to imagine that a program director who heard that his host was blocking numbers left and right from the sponsored texting service would be like "hey, don't discourage people from texting, the advertisers might not like it," right? He probably just said "GUYS, that bit was AWESOME!!!! It reminds me of when we did confrontational radio at the Loop!!!!"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:26 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Franky T wrote:
What is with the insistence on referring to him as BernSTINE rather than Bernstein?

Danny does it himself when he uses his meathead voice to impersonate a caller who disagrees with him.

I thought he does it to imply that the caller/emailer is likely anti-semitic.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Franky T wrote:

I thought he does it to imply that the caller/emailer is likely anti-semitic.

I think he assumes anyone of lesser intelligence than he is anti-semitic.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
yes on Dr. Ken's thought.

And Kirkwood, that is not quite what I had in mind when I was picturing the wrongs of Dan solo. He's gotta have someone to interrupt him when he's going too far into tangents. He needs somebody who's comfortable in his own skin (not Goff, at least at times) someone who's not too angry like him (Matty). Terry plays perfectly with him. People won't truly appreciate Terry until he's gone and they realize that Dan doesn't work well with anyone else or solo.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

Garry Meier + Elton Jim + Tom Skilling > Dan BERNstine + Terry Boers + Jason Goff

Bernstein-Jock sniffing pseudo-intellect that knows a lot of trivial things, but nothing more. Pseudo-doctor as well.
Boers-Dried up old hack with no intelligible thoughts and a bunch of made up "guys"
Goff-Bernstein ass-kisser playing the tough guy role, but not doing it well

Nevertheless, I will be listening during Bears season because Garry Meier knows nothing about sports.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
wait...so are you County Bumkin or Zan?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Country Bumpkin wrote:
Nevertheless, I will be listening during Bears season because Garry Meier knows nothing about sports.

But listening to him try and talk about sports is a guilty pleasure of mine going back to his years with Dahl. Listening to Garry try and talk hockey from the United Center during the Hawks Stosh Cup finals was the ultimate in fun bad.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:33 pm 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
I agree with your degree of agreement.

The station would be better with just one Dan Bernstein.

C'mon Peeps. Shirley you're not going for the "Bernstein clone" argument, are you? That's as much a figment of peoples' imagination as the ISOP was.

Don't fall for the banana in the tailpipe.

I refuse to believe that you really believe this. You're too smart.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:47 pm 

Bernstein clone ratings on a scale of 1-10

Goff: 6
Laurence: 5
Rongey: 5
Joe O. : 5
Spiegal: 2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
rogers park bryan wrote:

Goff: 3
Laurence: 8
Rongey: 7
Joe O. : DN/DC
Spiegal: 1

Fixed

*DN/DC means Don't Know/Don't Care.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:00 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Goff: 6
Laurence: 5
Rongey: 5
Joe O. : 5
Spiegal: 2

Leery's not gonna like this. And you don't want to make Leery angry. You wouldn't like Leery when he's angry.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:04 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Dave In Champaign wrote:

Not going to happen as long as Mitch is head cheerleader for Bernstein and Leery's brand of radio.

You have to wonder if that "I'm going to block all the texters" thing was just radio theater, by the way. One would have to imagine that a program director who heard that his host was blocking numbers left and right from the sponsored texting service would be like "hey, don't discourage people from texting, the advertisers might not like it," right? He probably just said "GUYS, that bit was AWESOME!!!! It reminds me of when we did confrontational radio at the Loop!!!!"

Yeah, Rosen seems like a gutless boob. He must get some fun calls from advertisers though. Do they still call it the Northwestern Wildcats Text Screen during segments where they imply that college sports are a breeding ground for pederasts?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Dave In Champaign wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Dave In Champaign wrote:

Yeah, Rosen seems like a gutless boob. He must get some fun calls from advertisers though. Do they still call it the Northwestern Wildcats Text Screen during segments where they imply that college sports are a breeding ground for pederasts?

That is relatively new...The Northwestern Football Text Screen. There's also the Xfinity Feedback Zone and the Chicago Wolves Update Studio. That's a mouthful trying to say that...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
rogers park bryan wrote:
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
I agree with your degree of agreement.

The station would be better with just one Dan Bernstein.

C'mon Peeps. Shirley you're not going for the "Bernstein clone" argument, are you? That's as much a figment of peoples' imagination as the ISOP was.

Don't fall for the banana in the tailpipe.

I refuse to believe that you really believe this. You're too smart.

I just don't see it man.

Dan Bernstein didn't invent being argumentative with callers. Hell, Finfer has argued with callers too.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:43 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
Dave In Champaign wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Dave In Champaign wrote:

Did you see the thing about the Minnesota State coach? It's adding up.

Since Rod Zimmerman has made it his hobby to meddle in the operations of the Score, it probably makes sense for Mitch to just maintain the status quo and stay out of the way. Dan wants to wing it every day and fall back on Penn State or how George Karl could change your life at a bar after a game? Hey, that's swell! Just running an efficient machine here.

Though maybe this is a chicken/egg dilemma: is the head of the station cluster the one in charge because the inmates run the asylum, or do the inmates run the asylum because the head of the station cluster is the one in charge? deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Potbelly Sandwich Shop
Its much worse.