All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Goff interviewing a NASCAR driver :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
redskingreg wrote:

He's the reigning NASCAR Sprint Cup Champion. That's Tony "Smoke" Stewart, driver of the #14 Office Depot/Mobil 1 Chevy. He was supposed to be on after the break, but he's on now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
redskingreg wrote:

this is appointment radio

"never you mind"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
beni hanna wrote:
:lol: piss up a rope and chew on the wet.

Crafty Beaver poster of the Show

Good reason not to climb a rope, I guess.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
spmack wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Now I have the means for this, but that is a lot of coin.

Densjdman

Yeah.

I've been paying attention too. That's not the first time it's happened.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:36 pm 

pizza_Place: little ceasars
This has to be the worst afternoon show in score history, really bad does this shit no justice. Goff has been proving his bad lately to an all new level starting when dannymac was out. I have been PTFB last couple days when it gets bad but this was a wreck that I could not look away from. Terry is completely out of his old ass mind and teamed up with the poor parrot goff makes loho seem like listening gold.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
kernelklink wrote:
This has to be the worst afternoon show in score history, really bad does this shit no justice. Goff has been proving his bad lately to an all new level starting when dannymac was out. I have been PTFB last couple days when it gets bad but this was a wreck that I could not look away from. Terry is completely out of his old ass mind and teamed up with the poor parrot goff makes loho seem like listening gold.

Yeah, you're kinda on your own with that thought.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
spmack wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Now I have the means for this, but that is a lot of coin.

Densjdman

Yeah.

I've been paying attention too. That's not the first time it's happened.

Okc, i am not his mult. I am a cubs fan. My second team is the reds because i work for the company with their name on the reds stadium.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Bacci Pizza
Today was a horrible, irritating show. I'm a Cubs fan and I was even getting pissed off with their "why aren't Sox fans showing up?" nonsense. Who the hell are they to tell people how to spend their money? Mocking people who can't afford a game was PTFB time.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Potbelly Sandwich Shop
Jason Goff is insufferable to listen too. I turned the TV on instead!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:05 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I didn't hear a whole lot today, but I did hear most of "Who Ya Crappin" and it was definitely far better for lack of bernstein. It was actually fun and joyous. Terry was loose and happy. When dan is there it's a bunch of goofs falling all over each other to out-bernstein bernstein. Today was awesome!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Potbelly Sandwich Shop
kernelklink wrote:

DING! We have a winner!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:40 am 

Just throwing shit at the wall and seeing what stick with the Sox attendance stuff. It's largely unquantifiable. But it certainly has to do with the contraction of the middle class over the last decade. Im part of that still, just barely. I'm slowly sliding into the class below. And $10 for me is an expenditure that I have to factor in. Ten fucking dollars. It's that depressingly bad.

Whats that - a third of Goff's average take-out tab? I haven't been to a restaurant or had delivery in years. No shit.

So they can keep talking about under $20 tickets. They need to lower the threshold even further.

And yeah, as one of those people that would probably label a game as my yearly vacation at this point - I have a chip on my should with professional sports and the prices. Even when they are low, as in this case, Im now just predisposed to not even thinking of going. It started before I was this poor, so it certainly isn't going to change now.

Instead of being behind the attendance curve, maybe we are ahead of the inevitable attendance contraction that I believe will eventually hit all sports, based on a number of issues. I see a deabte in this country at some point with respect to player salaries, when they hit some absurd level.

- Dan Bernstein, 2016

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:49 am 
Site Admin

mrgoodkat wrote:
And $10 for me is an expenditure that I have to factor in. Ten fucking dollars. It's that depressingly bad.

And I think it's that way for a lot of people. It's easy for guys that never pay to get into a game and make more than decent money for fucking around on the radio five hours a day to mock the working man for carefully considering how he spends his fifty bucks.

It's not just the ticket price. Everything else is higher too. The beer, the food, the parking. That shit adds up for the regular guy. I'm sure there are people who never gave a thought to spending that cash eight or nine years ago who are counting their pennies right now.

The problem that many MLB teams have gotten themselves into is that during the boom time they put themselves in a position where they can barely function without huge attendance numbers that are very rare from an historic perspective.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:10 am 

Professional sports have decided that anyone below upper middle class really doesn't matter. In reality, the White Sox don't want your money if you are the kind of guy who wants to go for $20 a person. Well, maybe you can show up on Mondays. That's why they replaced crowd noise with blasting in music and other stuff to build the atmosphere while continuing to market towards the rich who can handle dropping $100 a person in a night. It's just good business. That's why, even with this lack of attendance that the value of the White Sox has skyrocketed in the past 10 years. They had $106 million in revenue in 2003. They had $214 million in 2012. Obviously, some of that is television contracts but those did exist in 2003 too.

The bottom line is that the White Sox don't sell most of the tickets because they are choosing not to. If they put the tickets at $10 a piece with $4 beers and $2 hot dogs they'd have the rest of the inventory sold for this year. That would be bad business though.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:14 am 

And its pretty obvious the dynamic pricing has to be reevaluated

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:20 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
I think the dynamic pricing currently was just a way to get it going. Now, it will be used to screw over fans(bad) and ticket brokers(good) and people who buy season tickets to resell them(good).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:23 am 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Professional sports have decided that anyone below upper middle class really doesn't matter. In reality, the White Sox don't want your money if you are the kind of guy who wants to go for $20 a person. Well, maybe you can show up on Mondays. That's why they replaced crowd noise with blasting in music and other stuff to build the atmosphere while continuing to market towards the rich who can handle dropping $100 a person in a night. It's just good business. That's why, even with this lack of attendance that the value of the White Sox has skyrocketed in the past 10 years. They had $106 million in revenue in 2003. They had $214 million in 2012. Obviously, some of that is television contracts but those did exist in 2003 too.

The bottom line is that the White Sox don't sell most of the tickets because they are choosing not to. If they put the tickets at $10 a piece with $4 beers and $2 hot dogs they'd have the rest of the inventory sold for this year. That would be bad business though.

I agree with this, but I think the problem for the Sox is that they simply can't do enough "good business" with the skybox crowds. If you're a corporate guy entertaining out of town clients and you take them to a Sox game they're probably going to wonder why you didn't take them to Beautiful Wrigley Field and you may lose the account. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:28 am 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
I think the dynamic pricing currently was just a way to get it going. Now, it will be used to screw over fans(bad) and ticket brokers(good) and people who buy season tickets to resell them(good).

I think one of the drawbacks to "dynamic pricing" is that people don't really know what it costs to buy a ticket. You might say you can find out with a few mouse clicks or that Hawk is constantly telling you about the bargains during the games, but that's different than just knowing, "hey, a bleacher seat is $31, let's go to the game tonight."

Plus all of this manipulation of the pricing has implications for your season ticket base. I commit my money in January so a guy can pay two bucks less on game day to sit four rows in front of me? Go fuck yourself.

I can actually see a time when all 21,000 fans in the place paid a different amount for their tickets.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:36 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Plus all of this manipulation of the pricing has implications for your season ticket base. I commit my money in January so a guy can pay two bucks less on game day to sit four rows in front of me? Go fuck yourself.
I don't know how the Sox do season ticket allocation, but if single game seats are being sold in similar sections ahead of season ticket holders they are messing up.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:41 am 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I don't know how the Sox do season ticket allocation, but if single game seats are being sold in similar sections ahead of season ticket holders they are messing up.

I'm not sure how overt it is. But in this day and age you've got teams scalping their own tickets and selling them on StubHub. Hell, one of the Sox biggest sponsors is Gold Coast Ticket. That's why real attendance is so hard to ascertain. The Cubs supposedly sell 35,000 seats but you see on TV the place is half empty. Are they all no shows or are they phony tickets that the Cubs "sold" to Premium or another one of their agents? Who knows?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:45 am 
Site Admin

I can't say if this is absolutely true or not. It might be bullshit. But one of my Hawk fan friends who has owned season tickets told me that during those lean years prior to Kane and Toews, the Hawks listed seats on the glass on StubHub for free. Just pay the service fee. Probably because it was embarrassing to have those seats empty. (I don't know why. The games weren't on TV. :lol: ) But when near homeless guys showed up sitting next to the valued season reservation holders, it caused big problems.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:49 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I'm not sure how overt it is. But in this day and age you've got teams scalping their own tickets and selling them on StubHub. Hell, one of the Sox biggest sponsors is Gold Coast Ticket. That's why real attendance is so hard to ascertain. The Cubs supposedly sell 35,000 seats but you see on TV the place is half empty. Are they all no shows or are they phony tickets that the Cubs "sold" to Premium or another one of their agents? Who knows?
I wonder if eventually they'll have to have a "minimum guaranteed rate" like hotel websites have and season ticket holders are promised it won't ever be sold below that level.

I really don't know. It seems to me that the future of sports ticket buying is not with season tickets.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:16 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

The PED of the attendance championship set.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:18 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I can't say if this is absolutely true or not. It might be bullshit. But one of my Hawk fan friends who has owned season tickets told me that during those lean years prior to Kane and Toews, the Hawks listed seats on the glass on StubHub for free. Just pay the service fee. Probably because it was embarrassing to have those seats empty. (I don't know why. The games weren't on TV. :lol: ) But when near homeless guys showed up sitting next to the valued season reservation holders, it caused big problems.

I remember someone posting the code for it a few years back. I got tickets in that middle section of seats for free. I found street parking as well. Then my kid puked on the seats in front of us...no problem as no one else was in our section

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:34 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Yeah, that was around the end of the 2007 season. Free with $3 processing fee to watch Lasse Kukkonen and Marty Lapointe.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:39 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I wonder if eventually they'll have to have a "minimum guaranteed rate" like hotel websites have and season ticket holders are promised it won't ever be sold below that level.

I really don't know. It seems to me that the future of sports ticket buying is not with season tickets.

the only reason to buy season tickets is if a team is consistantly in the playoffs. then, you can sell enough regular season tickets to break even and make a decent profit with playoffs.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:42 am 

City of Fools wrote:
the only reason to buy season tickets is if a team is consistantly in the playoffs. then, you can sell enough regular season tickets to break even and make a decent profit with playoffs.
Well, some would say that you should buy season tickets because you want to go to games, but I've made my thoughts clear before about people that buy season tickets with the expressed reason to go to games for free or make a profit before.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:46 am 

you're trying to accomplish at least one of three things as a Cubs season ticket holder:

1. Make a profit
2. Break Even
3. Hang on for a season or two until you can accomplish 1 or 2.

I rarely go to games anymore. Just too much distance for me with work the way it is. I used to go to over 30 games a year. Now, Opening Day.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:49 am 

Hopefully the Cubs find a way to get rid of anyone who buys season tickets simply to go for free or make a profit. Those people are just a drain on people who actually want to attend games.