It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Screw you Ed Farmer
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:52 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Goff had a lot of holes in his argument yesterday. He refused to acknowledge that Yankee ticket prices across the board in all section were marked up as "PREMIUM GAME." He kept saying "the premium seats were sold out." He wasn't getting what people were trying to tell him yesterday, but this is what happens when you rarely pay to go to a game and don't research something you don't know too much about.

The second thing is the white sox tickets sales staff HAS to work for their attendance. Hell, even the Cubs staff has had to the last couple years. When the season started they circled dates on their schedules before single games went on sale as to where to drive group ticket business. Group tickets is a big part of the White Sox ticket selling model. That's why some of those weekday games did hit 35K. The staff was pushing those dates and giving these people group ticket deals that can't be found on print anywhere. That's the game the White Sox have to play. After the initial advanced single game ticket sales campaign died down a bit there was an adjustment of what games for the staff to focus on. And what happened was the Sox, probably someone higher than any position in a ticket sales department with not as much knowledge as their VP of ticket sales or whatever title, made a decision that the "PREMIUM GAME" marked games would sell themselves off of advanced single game tickets as the dates neared and walk up. They were wrong. There is clearly a price point for Sox fans - and there is nothing wrong with that. We live in 2012 - its all about value right now. I really like Goff on the Score, but he was so incredibly off the mark yesterday. He has little sense of the sports marketing/ticket sales business and, in my opinion, a lesser sense of the business world after I heard the way he delivered his argument.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I hope they go back to these arguments today. It's something that needs to get corrected on the flagship.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:06 am 

At some point (perhaps now) them bitching about the fans not attending is going to make MORE FANS NOT ATTEND

Personally, Id be pissed if my team kept telling me I was the problem. Fuck off.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:07 am 
1000 CLUB

Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Goff had a lot of holes in his argument yesterday. He refused to acknowledge that Yankee ticket prices across the board in all section were marked up as "PREMIUM GAME." He kept saying "the premium seats were sold out." He wasn't getting what people were trying to tell him yesterday, but this is what happens when you rarely pay to go to a game and don't research something you don't know too much about.

This is often the case with Goff. He speaks on a lot of things that he knows nothing about. Just throws stuff out as fact and is often wrong. It's the B&B show. So it doesn't matter in their little circle. But people listening know that he sounds like an ignorant fool.

He also pretends to be high society and elite to be like Bernstein. Problem is he's not high society or elite like Bernstein.

Would Goff ever pay $120 for a box seat to a premium Sox game? No. Would he even pay $60 for a bleacher seat? No. He'd never pay for a Bears or Bulls game either. Mitch has given him season tickets to Bulls games so he can play "Bulls expert".

Does Goff have the right to make fun of people who complain about prices? No. I've heard Goff cry about his rent and the fact that the Score doesn't pay him much. I've never heard Bernstein tell him to "Make more money" like he does with the callers.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
rogers park bryan wrote:
At some point (perhaps now) them bitching about the fans not attending is going to make MORE FANS NOT ATTEND

Personally, Id be pissed if my team kept telling me I was the problem. Fuck off.

more reason to see it happen then. I hope it does. I hope the callers don't let them off the hook. You want to espouse a poor view? You want to insult the average income earning fan? Prepare to deal with the consequences.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:15 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Terry's Peeps wrote:
I like FireFox more than Beardown.

Yeah, and I like the flu better than food poisoning.