It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac wrote:
Yes, Some Guy, it is Ben Finfer. Likely going to be having him regularly when Spiegs isn't there.

It's news for two CSFMB sections. This affects Bernstein's camp and Mac's camp. Just making sure everybody gets this breaking news.

Last edited by Beardown on Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Beardown wrote:
Mac wrote:
Yes, Some Guy, it is Ben Finfer. Likely going to be having him regularly when Spiegs isn't there.

It's news for two CSFMB sections. This effects Bernstein's camp and Mac's camp. Just making sure everybody gets this breaking news.

Is it better that they be effected, then affected? Or is it better that they be affected than effected. I hang up and wait for McKracken's ruling.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

You're right. I should have known better.

It's just as bad as Magic saying he attained HIV.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
I'm sure we're about 10 minutes away from the normal round of "lolz take ur medz n stfu beardown," but this is legitimately kind of interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Beardown wrote:

It's news for two CSFMB sections. This affects Bernstein's camp and Mac's camp. Just making sure everybody gets this breaking news.

You could probably work this into 3 or 4 more sections if you were feeling creative.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Tunes section might be tough...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
doug - evergreen park wrote:
Tunes section might be tough...

Finfer moves to First Chair; Goff and LoHo Singin' the Blues

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Beardown wrote:
Mac wrote:

While I'm not sure how Mac orchestrated this change, I like it. As I've said before, Finfer does a better Mac than Mac does. I enjoy his edgy brand of vitriol. And while he doesn't seem to know the first thing about sports, he's got the kind of charismatic on-air presence that compels you to listen. For the most part, Goff and Leery lack that quality.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

Dave In Champaign wrote:
I'm sure we're about 10 minutes away from the normal round of "lolz take ur medz n stfu beardown," but this is legitimately kind of interesting.

:lol:

You are good people, Dave.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Keeping Score wrote:
Finfer pales in comparison to Goff.

I see what you did there...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:50 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:
Finfer pales in comparison to Goff.

I see what you did there...

:wink:

I'm on to you. Watching your every move.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

This isn't about race. It's about respect. Mac showed it to Goff. Goff didn't return it. Nor did he show any appreciation for Mac giving him a midday audience.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
This isn't about race. It's about respect. Mac showed it to Goff. Goff didn't return it. Nor did he show any appreciation for Mac giving him a midday audience.

There is a certain sense of "entitlement" about Goff. Quite frankly, he hasn't improved that much as a host over the past couple of years. He either lacks talent to raise his game to "the next level," a strong work ethic, or both.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Tall Midget wrote:
Beardown wrote:

There is a certain sense of "entitlement" about Goff. Quite frankly, he hasn't improved that much as a host over the past couple of years. He either lacks talent to raise his game to "the next level," a strong work ethic, or both.

:cheers:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
I'm no fan of Goff, but Boers makes fun of Mac with the Da Ma Neeel stuff quite a bit too. Mac either needs to toughen his shell or tell old man Boers to pound sand as well.

Mac seems to look at Boers as his father figure or grandpa. You can tell the only reason he likes to do transition is because he gets to talk to Terry. But Mac is delusional if he thinks Boers doesn't make fun of his hillbilly, fishing ass too. Quite frankly, I think transition sucks anyway at this point, so just cut that crap segment out and stop trying to act like friends when clearly nobody between the shows is.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Keeping Score wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Beardown wrote:

That may or may not be true. Well it obviously is to you and certainly isn't to me. But the timing of this event cannot be ignored. The Mackster had his feelings hurt cause he can't take a joke. And he took it out on the black guy.

Yea thats probably it. Theres tons of mail clerks in Fortune 500 companies that get away with " good natured ribbing" the executives that work there. Especially when the executives are the ones giving them a chance to work on their deal alongside them.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:48 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Beardown wrote:

That may or may not be true. Well it obviously is to you and certainly isn't to me. But the timing of this event cannot be ignored. The Mackster had his feelings hurt cause he can't take a joke. And he took it out on the black guy.

It still strikes me as odd that "The Fish" was uncomfortable with the origins of the "Da Ma Na" stuff coming from a mentally challenged person, yet he spent 3 segments of his show last week making fun of autism.

Mac is a grand wizard at this game.

Every breath you take, every move you make......I'll watching you.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:03 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Why is Keeping Score playing Race Warrior today?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:51 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Keeping Score wrote:
:lol:

Dannnn MaaaNeeel got " get the fuck off my show tickat"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Yea thats probably it. Theres tons of mail clerks in Fortune 500 companies that get away with " good natured ribbing" the executives that work there. Especially when the executives are the ones giving them a chance to work on their deal alongside them.

I'm with you, Rogue, in seeing this spat as a conflict about status and age. This is nothing more than a once-great talker trying to deny his growing irrelevance by putting an overhyped, "rising" pseudotalent in his place.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Tall Midget wrote:
While I'm not sure how Mac orchestrated this change, I like it. As I've said before, Finfer does a better Mac than Mac does. I enjoy his edgy brand of vitriol. And while he doesn't seem to know the first thing about sports, he's got the kind of charismatic on-air presence that compels you to listen. For the most part, Goff and Leery lack that quality.

It ends up being a shit listen, IMO.

Sum1Here wrote:
I'm no fan of Goff, but Boers makes fun of Mac with the Da Ma Neeel stuff quite a bit too. Mac either needs to toughen his shell or tell old man Boers to pound sand as well.

Mac seems to look at Boers as his father figure or grandpa. You can tell the only reason he likes to do transition is because he gets to talk to Terry. But Mac is delusional if he thinks Boers doesn't make fun of his hillbilly, fishing ass too. Quite frankly, I think transition sucks anyway at this point, so just cut that crap segment out and stop trying to act like friends when clearly nobody between the shows is.

He considers Terry his friend. Goff gets puffy under the B&B wing. Problem is when the shit hits the fan that wing pulls in and doesn't cover. You think he'd have learned that. Midge, I think Goff would say he got to where he is being him and he's going to keep going that way, because it's worked. No need to improve or anything else.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:39 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
He considers Terry his friend. Goff gets puffy under the B&B wing. Problem is when the shit hits the fan that wing pulls in and doesn't cover. You think he'd have learned that. Midge, I think Goff would say he got to where he is being him and he's going to keep going that way, because it's worked. No need to improve or anything else.

Well he better get used to being a 3rd banana on the afternoon show, that just got his "fill in host" credentials motherfucking revoked, for the rest of his days at the score.

I have to know, and I've asked it before, what the fuck happened a summer or 2 ago when he was, on this board and by the hosts, as the "Next Big Thing"....he was being hyped, getting fill in time...it was all about Meat being kicked to the curb and Goff rising to the top. It didn't happen...why is that?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
I think Goff might have been OK doing his Danmeneal, but Larry jumping on the pile was the end of it. IMHO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
He ruins everything for you, doesn't he?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

I thought the B&B section would win in my "Same Subject" thread race. But the Dan McNeil section won!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

Finfer won.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Spaulding wrote:
He ruins everything for you, doesn't he?

Goff didnt take shots at Mac, he just answered questions with Danmeneal.

Larry made cracks about having a bad back and not leaving early, or he will take to the other hosts during cross talk and not run to his car.

I do think Larry is a bad host. Below average and it shows every time he gets air time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

Larry probably was the final straw.

It hit him that he was being attacked by all of Bernstein's soldiers and he just said "Fuck it". Might as well give his show to one of his own. Maybe build up his army.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:04 pm 

Larry has pull through Mitch. No way Mac is able to prevent Holmes from getting a sub spot.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Keeping Score wrote:
It's really not about race, it's about the pussification of Dangerous Dan.

Goff did nothing different than Boers or Bernsie in regard to the Da Ma Na stuff. Good natured ribbing. I would even say they were showing him love/respect by bringing him up so much.

Has Mackeyfish turned on his old buddy Boers now too? How 'bout Bernsie? Does Mac still bang the tranny with the boys?

Thus far, it appears he only turned on the brothers. Which he has done before with Jiggs, Hood, Herb....and now Jason and Laurence. So maybe it does have something to do with race as well?

I'm with Beardown on this one. I think it's more likely that Goff just got a little too familiar with the ball-busting. I'd imagine Mac has a much different relationship with Dan and (especially) Terry than he does with Goff. I guess you could call that "pussification," but in my experience it happens to pretty much every accomplished professional of a certain age, and it seems reasonable to me that after a few decades in the business, Mac feels he's earned the right not to be bombarded with tard-voiced insults from the station's self-appointed Cool Young Dude/Brother's Don't Insider whose claims to fame basically consist of stepping on his own dick with the Wade-to-Chicago story and blocking RPB on Twitter.

It's also entirely possible that there's no real conflict here and Mac just wants to give his guys more on-air opportunities.