It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
It's a late start for the "Boers & Bernstein Show" with guest co-host Laurence Holmes sitting in again with Dan Bernstein this afternoon following the White Sox/Orioles' game in Baltimore. Because Laurence has a thing for comic books, specifically Marvel Comics, might he & Bernstein get as angry as the "Incredible Hulk" if the Sox lose the finale of the four game series at Camden Yards just hours after a big performance from Dylan Axelrod in an 8-1 laugher? I'm sure the guys will have their own spin on this afternoon's finale, not to mention a developing story regarding IMG/Notre Dame Radio Network's rumored firing of radio analyst Allen Pinkett following crap-worthy remarks he made on the "Mac & Spiegs Show" yesterday. If that's not enough...

*A Bears/Browns' Preseason Preview w/Zach Zaidman-LIVE from Cleveland
*"Paterno" Author Joe Posnanski on NBC Sports Network's "Costas Tonight" Rips the Freeh Report
*"WYC?" @ 5P

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
SHARK wrote:
...not to mention a developing story regarding IMG/Notre Dame Radio Network's rumored firing of radio analyst Allen Pinkett following crap-worthy remarks he made on the "Mac & Spiegs Show" yesterday.[/i]

Has he been fired or is it merely a rumor? Earlier today you said it was a fact:

SHARK wrote:
IMG Sports, which is the syndicator of the Notre Dame Radio Network, has officially confirmed that Allen Pinkett will NOT be part of the Notre Dame/Navy broadcast Saturday morning, according to a Tweet from the Trib's Brian Hamilton.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:40 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
SHARK wrote:
...not to mention a developing story regarding IMG/Notre Dame Radio Network's rumored firing of radio analyst Allen Pinkett following crap-worthy remarks he made on the "Mac & Spiegs Show" yesterday.[/i]

Has he been fired or is it merely a rumor? Earlier today you said it was a fact:

SHARK wrote:
IMG Sports, which is the syndicator of the Notre Dame Radio Network, has officially confirmed that Allen Pinkett will NOT be part of the Notre Dame/Navy broadcast Saturday morning, according to a Tweet from the Trib's Brian Hamilton.

It's still a developing story, but IMG has confirmed that Allen Pinkett will NOT work Saturday's game in Dublin between the Irish & Navy. IMG hasn't technically fired Pinkett...yet.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Tad, the fact that you pointed out the inconsistencies in those two posts makes you nothing more than a bully and a SHARK-basher.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:45 pm 

SHARK wrote:
It's still a developing story, but IMG has confirmed that Allen Pinkett will NOT work Saturday's game in Dublin between the Irish & Navy. IMG hasn't technically fired Pinkett...yet.

Ah, I see. He could just be suspended for this week but not necessarily fired. At least not yet.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:48 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
SHARK wrote:

Ah, I see. He could just be suspended for this week but not necessarily fired. At least not yet.

I'm on Twitter myself and right now, that's all it is. Allen Pinkett is OFF Saturday's IMG/Notre Dame Radio Network broadcast from Dublin. IMG has confirmed that but wouldn't go any further. It's Chet Coppock's Facebook page that says that Pinkett has been fired.

The way this White Sox/Orioles' game is going, Bernsy & Holmes might have more time than they thought to discuss this particular story.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Pinkett was on the plane to Dublin yesterday afternoon...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:53 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
Pinkett was on the plane to Dublin yesterday afternoon...

...and has been sent back home to American soil.

By the way, Holmes had less than great things to say about this Orioles' lineup when he sat in yesterday.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:59 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
Keep up the good work SHARK!!

By the way, a little off topic, but is there any way you can find out the draft results for Mac's fantasy football draft last night, and if he did indeed pass up on RG3 and Cam Newton when given the chance to draft them?

You're on your own on that, KS.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:06 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:
Keep up the good work SHARK!!

By the way, a little off topic, but is there any way you can find out the draft results for Mac's fantasy football draft last night, and if he did indeed pass up on RG3 and Cam Newton when given the chance to draft them?

You're on your own on that, KS.

:lol:

Seriously, I couldn't help you with that one.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:20 pm 

The guys should be pissed after the White Sox stubbed their toes again today to the Orioles by a 5-3 final. Bernstein & Holmes will be starting up @ 3P this afternoon as things stand right now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
SHARK wrote:
The guys should be pissed after the White Sox stubbed their toes again today to the Orioles by a 5-3 final. Bernstein & Holmes will be starting up @ 3P this afternoon as things stand right now.

Yeah, they sure sound pissed about it. I'm sure dozens of other people are too.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:18 pm 

The guys are underway. All they have planned is "WYC" @ 5P this afternoon, along with yet more B.S. in the ongoing Penn State football scandal following "Paterno" author Joe Posnanski's appearance on NBC Sports Network's "Costas Tonight" last night.

David Schuster is on "Scoreboard Update" duty over at Wrigley Field this afternoon. Even though the Bears & Browns wrap up the preseason tonight in Cleveland, The SCORE's own Hub Arkush guest hosts the evening show to discuss what's going on as it happens from WSCR 670's downtown studios at 2 Prudential Plaza from 6-10P. Matt Rodewald has the latenight SCORE from 10P-Midnight, likely to discuss things other than the Bears' preseason finale. He'll lead into "SCORE Overnight" with Les Grobstein & Adam Harris @ Midnight tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
WHAT. THE. FUCK.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/08/30/ ... -sandusky/

Quote:
People have this picture in their minds of a person planning to – a psychopath,” Groeschel said. “But that’s not the case. Suppose you have a man having a nervous breakdown, and a youngster comes after him. A lot of the cases, the youngster – 14, 16, 18 – is the seducer … It’s not so hard to see – a kid looking for a father and didn’t have his own – and they won’t be planning to get into heavy-duty sex, but almost romantic, embracing, kissing, perhaps sleeping but not having intercourse or anything like that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:32 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Wow, Daaaan, I like Jewish food too. We should ask Zach what kind of delis he likes. Zach is from New York.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:34 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Wow, Daaaan, I like Jewish food too. We should ask Zach what kind of delis he likes. Zach is from New York.

And a Syracuse graduate, I've heard.

Speaking of New Yorkers, the guys are down on #12 A.J. Pierzynski, Bridgehampton, NY following today's latest loss in Baltimore.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Tad, the fact that you pointed out the inconsistencies in those two posts makes you nothing more than a bully and a SHARK-basher.

:roll: groovy

'cause that's exactly what I said earlier...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:36 pm 

wrote:
All they have planned is "WYC" @ 5P this afternoon

Laurence will derail WYC? by making comments during and/or after each crap.

Why does Dan care if AJ is liked by his teammates or not? I thought that stuff (clubhouse chemistry, etc) didn't matter.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:42 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
wrote:
All they have planned is "WYC" @ 5P this afternoon

Laurence will derail WYC? by making comments during and/or after each crap.

Why does Dan care if AJ is liked by his teammates or not? I thought that stuff (clubhouse chemistry, etc) didn't matter.

The guys are down on Pierzynski slumping at the worst possible time with a big series in Detroit this weekend. How bad was it today in Baltimore? Pierzynski got benched in the 7th inning for Hector Gimenez, just called up from Triple "A" Charlotte to replace Tyler Flowers on the roster.

Flowers is now a new dad, according to the Trib's Mark Gonzales. Tyler & wife Nancy have welcomed a baby girl, Mia Therese Flowers, says Gonzales' Twitter.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:42 pm 

And now it's time for Leery to talk shit about someone who doesn't work at the Score anymore! Let's go after Murph and Fred this time!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:43 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
And now it's time for Leery to talk shit about someone who doesn't work at the Score anymore! Let's go after Murph and Fred this time!

Drinky's doing the same thing, CH.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
No

Dysfunctional Murph stories are the best

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:45 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
No

Dysfunctional Murph stories are the best

And you hear LoHo's laugh, too.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Any Murph bashing is appointment radio! I love it. Creepy, little bastard.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:47 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

EVERY. DAMN. TIME. I've heard Laurence sub for someone the conversation invariably includes his ripping someone who no longer works there or taking a stroll down memory lane so he can not-so-subtly let everyone know he's been at the station a long time and, being the wily, gristled radio veteran he is, has seen some shit.

A7X wrote:
Any Murph bashing is appointment radio! I love it. Creepy, little bastard.

Boers: "Not far enough."

You know what, I'm expending too many keystrokes on how bad Laurence Holmes is at doing an afternoon-drive radio show. I need to come up with a system called Leery-by-Numbers, where I just post a number that corresponds to whichever bad schtick he's doing. So instead of writing in complete sentences with subjects and predicates, I would just post numbers, like

1: something creepy about a woman who would "get it"
2: something about his mom
3: Dan is so right
4: something about his longevity at the Score
5: something about people who don't have his longevity at the Score
6: Harold's Chicken Shack
7: a lot to do with race
8: Bears name-dropping

aaaand so on down the line.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Good show today.

Laurence doing a fine job...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:49 pm 

9: something about him mentoring the young guys (who may only be a few years younger than he is) at the station

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Murph stories are great :lol: They would've been even better if Laurence didn't interrupt by cackling like a group of middle-aged women after two daiquiris at Applebees