It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: 9/4: Boers is Back!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:01 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
But I don't think the guy's a liar

Me either. He's always telling the truth in between turning around 95 mph fastballs and dunking tennis balls.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
rogers park bryan wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
[
and I've discussed this board with him enough to believe that he really doesn't get on here very often.

I have as well, and I believe he does

Which one of us is usually right?

And its not something he's going to brag about "Yeah, I read that shit EVERY day and get a lot of my ideas from there....tell EVERYONE"

first off, which one of us is usually right? What have you and I argued about where you ended up being right and I was wrong? Secondly, what did he say to you that leads you to believe he's on here every day? Specifically?

And as far as "turning around" a 95 mph fastball, any dude that can't accomplish that in a cage should be checked for signs of life. It's not the speed, it's the movement. Just ask Kyle Farnsworth.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:21 am 

"Danny Ecker" re-igniting the Sox ticket talk. Hope that gets root on today's show. The Sox are figuring out their price points, finally.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:42 am 

City of Fools wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
[
and I've discussed this board with him enough to believe that he really doesn't get on here very often.

I have as well, and I believe he does

Which one of us is usually right?

And its not something he's going to brag about "Yeah, I read that shit EVERY day and get a lot of my ideas from there....tell EVERYONE"

first off, which one of us is usually right? What have you and I argued about where you ended up being right and I was wrong?

Every argument we ever had.

City of Fools wrote:
Secondly, what did he say to you that leads you to believe he's on here every day? Specifically?

That he enjoys the board and does read it. He didnt say everyday. That much is obvious.

City of Fools wrote:
And as far as "turning around" a 95 mph fastball, any dude that can't accomplish that in a cage should be checked for signs of life. It's not the speed, it's the movement. Just ask Kyle Farnsworth.

I love these people that think that its all timing. Strength means nothing. Bat speed means nothing. Just time it and you'll hit a line drive.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
It's the same people who said they would make it through a full round with Mike Tyson because they could avoid him for three minutes...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:35 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
[
City of Fools wrote:

I love these people that think that its all timing. Strength means nothing. Bat speed means nothing. Just time it and you'll hit a line drive.

I am pretty confident I couldn't turn on it. I am also pretty confident I am a better hitter than the majority of people out there.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I don't think I could turn a 95 mph around..and I am 100% positive I am more athletic and was is and always will be a better baseball player and athlete than Berns...he said something dumb.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: Sausage
To those who were wondering about the GIF at the beginning of the thread, the one dude dropping cold and others getting tossed around the boat, just saw the storry on yahoo this morning....

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/34726/bizarre+speedboat+accident+at+lake+of+the+ozarks+caught+on+videotape/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:21 am 

Those sunglasses hit the side and came back in the boat!!

Would have been awesome if they landed on the guys face for the ultimate "Deal with it"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:02 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
[
City of Fools wrote:

I am pretty confident I couldn't turn on it. I am also pretty confident I am a better hitter than the majority of people out there.

I respectively disagree.
I've played both hardball and fastpitch softball. I have no doubt that anyone can do it. I've faced hardball throwers in the 85 mph range and I've faced fastpitch softball pitchers throwing upwards of 75-78 mph from 60', which is the equivalent of 101 mph in baseball. I can make contact (not spectacularly but enough to hit my weight) at those levels, and yes, periodically turn on one.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:03 pm 

and rpb, I'd be really curious what arguments we've had. I don't recall one.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:11 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
City of Fools wrote:
I have no doubt that anyone can do it.

There are guys getting paid millions to play professional baseball who can't do it more than 20% of the time. But I'm sure an unathletic Jewish guy can step right in the there and start hitting ropes. After all he can also dunk a tennis ball even though he's 5'6" which makes his vertical leap what? About 42 inches?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:16 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

There are guys getting paid millions to play professional baseball who can't do it more than 20% of the time. But I'm sure an unathletic Jewish guy can step right in the there and start hitting ropes. After all he can also dunk a tennis ball even though he's 5'6" which makes his vertical leap what? About 42 inches?

again. Bernsie vs. MLB pitching (or single, double triple A pitching?) No chance. Batting cages, with a repeatable motion and the same pitch over and over again? He could hit it. And eventually turn on it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:28 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I find it harder to hit in a batting cage than to watch a pitcher deliver. Throws my timing all off.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:29 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I find it harder to hit in a batting cage than to watch a pitcher deliver. Throws my timing all off.

that is true, until you take some pitches. That's why it's so cheap...they know you'll take more than 10 pitches. By the converse, in my opinion, I think hitting in a cage does prepare you for a guy throwing straight heat. I always try to hit the cage if we've got a game against a flamethrower.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:22 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
[
City of Fools wrote:

I respectively disagree.
I've played both hardball and fastpitch softball. I have no doubt that anyone can do it. I've faced hardball throwers in the 85 mph range and I've faced fastpitch softball pitchers throwing upwards of 75-78 mph from 60', which is the equivalent of 101 mph in baseball. I can make contact (not spectacularly but enough to hit my weight) at those levels, and yes, periodically turn on one.

A softball, irrespective of speed, is different because of the size of the ball. I bet I could make contact with a 200 mph beach ball.

Now, you rarely if ever faced someone throwing 85 mph in whatever ham and egger league you play in (I don't say that entirely as an insult as I played in them as well), but for the sake of argument I'll grant that you did. Now add 10 mph to it. Now add a person who is less athletically gifted that you. Now add someone who is in his mid 40s.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:26 pm 

City of Fools wrote:

Im winning the one we're having right now.

The one where you think you can turn around a 95mph fastball

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:27 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

again. Bernsie vs. MLB pitching (or single, double triple A pitching?) No chance. Batting cages, with a repeatable motion and the same pitch over and over again? He could hit it. And eventually turn on it.

So strength means nothing then?

So I assume a toddler could easily do this too, right?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:29 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Really? Tell you what, bring a radar gun next summer and attend a hardball game I'm playing in or a fastpitch game. We'll see. I didn't say 95 mph in a game, I said 85 mph. In a cage, sure thing. You can too, given enough times in the cage. I know you're athletic.

Actually, strength, while important is not a major determining factor. Quick wrists, athletic talent and good hand/eye coordination are most important. But you know that.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:34 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Really? Tell you what, bring a radar gun next summer and attend a hardball game I'm playing in or a fastpitch game. We'll see. I didn't say 95 mph in a game, I said 85 mph. In a cage, sure thing. You can too, given enough times in the cage. I know you're athletic.

Nobody is talking about 85. Im sorry I misquoted you. Im pretty sure you alluded to the fact that you can do it.

City of Fools wrote:
Actually, strength, while important is not a major determining factor. Quick wrists, athletic talent and good hand/eye coordination are most important. But you know that.

You know far less about....everything, than you think you know.

And strength is definitely a major factor for turning around a fastball.

When you or Bernstein turn around a baseball thrown/sent at 95 mph , Ill apologize.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Yeah, I saw that ad earlier. I knew that would get your attention.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:10 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

When you or Bernstein turn around a baseball thrown/sent at 95 mph , Ill apologize.

Well, when it comes to hitting a baseball in a cage, I certainly know more than you do if you don't think it's possible to time a 95 mph pitch in a cage. I may not know much, but I do know that.

I said I turned around a fastpitch sent at 75-78 mph. That's 100 mph from 60'. And hitting a baseball thrown at 95 mph, I can do that, in a cage. It's not saying all that much. Anybody that played h.s. or college should be able to do it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

A7X wrote:
Bernstein knows this board is around. He just wouldn't lower himself like Mac, and actually commiserate with such pond scum.

When a caller says he didn't listen, Bernstein says that means he does listen. If a talk show host doesn't acknowledge the existence of a board where he is a daily topic, what should we conclude, using his logic?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:14 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
City of Fools wrote:
Anybody that played h.s. or college should be able to do it.

I'm pretty sure that isn't danny bernstein.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Bernstein would be quaking in his fucking Croc's facing 95 mph just like most people would be. Timing my ass, he wouldnt come close to it with 50 swings .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:21 am 

City of Fools wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Well, when it comes to hitting a baseball in a cage, I certainly know more than you do if you don't think it's possible to time a 95 mph pitch in a cage. I may not know much, but I do know that.

Wrong.

I never said it wasnt possible. I said its not possible for you and Dan Bernstein.

City of Fools wrote:
I said I turned around a fastpitch sent at 75-78 mph. That's 100 mph from 60'. And hitting a baseball thrown at 95 mph, I can do that, in a cage. It's not saying all that much. Anybody that played h.s. or college should be able to do it.

Yeah, lots of people make this mistake in thinking. You arent the first and you wont be the last.

Please stop bringing up the Softball conversion rate. Its silly.

And you already said strength is not as important as timing and quickness. Thats not true in this situation. There is a certain amount of strength it takes to "turn around" a 95mph fastball. Many of us could time it and get a piece of it. Foul it back, top it, or squib it to the left. We are talking hitting the ball hard. Hitting a line drive. That's not happening.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:28 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
badrogue17 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Bernstein would be quaking in his fucking Croc's facing 95 mph just like most people would be. Timing my ass, he wouldnt come close to it with 50 swings .

Agreed, and even in a cage the ball is not in the exact same spot every time..there is a little variation ..after the first one went by with the bat still on his shoulders he would change his mind.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:30 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
physics and luck. anyone could do it with enough chances. though I doubt Dan waited around for 10,000 pitches for it to happen.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5