It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

We're gonna keep track. Every time you hear one, post it in this thread. You have to give the context. What were the key words or phrases by B&B that prompted Goff's "Da Ma Na"? We will evaluate each one. Some might be harmless jokes. Most will be clear insults. Give the time so we can post a link to the podcast. That way Goff won't be able to weezle out and deny it. Let's do this!!!!

Please don't flood this thread with insults towords me. Nobody wants that here. Do that in other threads. Just keep this to Goff's "Da Ma Na" comments. Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's
How about you never make another post with a stupid youtube video or a fake conversation involving hosts? You're absolutely garbage, get of here.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:52 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Whose friend are you?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

Once again, don't flood this thread with hate on me or any other sort of conversation. Post all of that stuff in the thread that started all of this bullshit...http://score670.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=128&t=72916&start=275

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:56 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Beardown wrote:
Once again, don't flood this thread with hate on me or any other sort of conversation.

Dan McNeil.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Once again, don't flood this thread with hate on me or any other sort of conversation.

Dan McNeil.

You son of a bitch!!!! :wink:

C'mon, people. I just want to keep this thread clean. Just for its purpose. There are plenty of thread to hate me. Please?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
White women.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:16 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I heard one "DaMaNa" today but I think it was bernstein. It followed up "idiots that bet on the Pro Bowl."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:22 pm 
Site Admin

Keeping Score wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I heard one "DaMaNa" today but I think it was bernstein. It followed up "idiots that bet on the Pro Bowl."

They did it like 50 times today. All of them. But I have to admit each time was very funny.

Give us some examples of what prompted the "DaMaNas". Hillbilly references? Compulsive gambling references? Cocaine references? Alice Cooper references? Spill it, KS.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:39 pm 
Site Admin

Keeping Score wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

They did it like 50 times today. All of them. But I have to admit each time was very funny.

Give us some examples of what prompted the "DaMaNas". Hillbilly references? Compulsive gambling references? Cocaine references? Alice Cooper references? Spill it, KS.

Actually it was Boers who led the way. Then Bernsie. Then Goff. But they were not shying away from it to be sure.
As always, it sounded to be all in good fun.
The "War" certainly didn't escalate today.

Of course the war escalated. B&b purposely gave Goff more airtime. It was reminiscent of when Buddy Ryan refused to play the Fridge and Ditka put him on offense. The B&b show took shots at Mac and this message board. Oh, yeah, the war escalated. It most definitely escalated.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:46 pm 

What about Terry? He's the originator. He dropped at least one or two in the brief time I was listening today. Are you going to chart his utterances? Does he get a free pass? Why? Is it okay for Terry to have free reign with the connotations of saying it, but Goff has to be scrutinized and you apply your warped interpretations? Do you listen to the shows? Or do you mirror the board, post and then post to yourself trolling for a response, and then later go on to listen to a podcast? Isn't that why you want others to do your legwork, your listening for you? So you can slap on your stale racially tinged and ignorant context, then listen and later respond to yourself while re-spinning with more of your particular ignorance?

See, I think your running dick envy of Drinky and Goff has been your search for validation. Bernstein has ignored you but Mac has whipped his out and you want to show that you can't get enough. So where does Terry fit into this for you?

I'll tell you. Now that you've got Mac's attention it's only a matter of time before you embarrass yourself and in turn force Mac to piss on you. While Mac may do it of his own volition it will be Terry that makes sure it's done for all to see. And at that point "DaMaNeel" will take on one more interpretation. And Goff will get airtime again and he'll say it again, and it will be understood.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:47 pm 
Site Admin

Keeping Score wrote:
Bernsie didn't even know that all 200 of us still existed. I believe him.

That's absurd. You think his little shots are at random message boards that he doesn't even really know exists? A guy as aware as bernstein really never heard of this place? He's completely unaware of why Finfer was named permanent host on middays? He has no idea about the "relevant idiot" episode and Jason's half-assed denial? You really believe that? You can't be that smart and get away with pretending to be so dumb. Not even if you're Boilermaker Rick.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:47 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:

Maybe not you, but I've been mentioned by THE Daniel Bernstein on the Twitter.

This is a war that Mister Mac-Neil does not want as it is unwinnable for him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:49 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:

That's absurd. You think his little shots are at random message boards that he doesn't even really know exists? A guy as aware as bernstein really never heard of this place? He's completely unaware of why Finfer was named permanent host on middays? He has no idea about the "relevant idiot" episode and Jason's half-assed denial? You really believe that? You can't be that smart and get away with pretending to be so dumb. Not even if you're Boilermaker Rick.

This board is a mosquito on the elephant that is Daniel Benrstein.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:50 pm 
Site Admin

No Clever Moniker wrote:
I'll tell you. Now that you've got Mac's attention it's only a matter of time before you embarrass yourself and in turn force Mac to piss on you. While Mac may do it of his own volition it will be Terry that makes sure it's done for all to see. And at that point "DaMaNeel" will take on one more interpretation. And Goff will get airtime again and he'll say it again, and it will be understood.

That's not gonna happen. Whatever anyone wants to say about Mac, he understands that a place like this is full of the most avid listeners and he's smart enough to respect and appreciate that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:52 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
No Clever Moniker wrote:

That's not gonna happen. Whatever anyone wants to say about Mac, he understands that a place like this is full of the most avid listeners and he's smart enough to respect and appreciate that.

Except when he declared message boards dead and took his ball and ran to the comfort of Facebook last year.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:53 pm 
Site Admin

Terry's Peeps wrote:
This is a war that Mister Mac-Neil does not want as it is unwinnable for him.

Actually, he can't lose. As RPB pointed out, as soon as bernstein takes an active role, he's lost since pretending not to care about such things is part of his carefully crafted persona. Some guys love shit like this. DaMaNa.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:54 pm 
Site Admin

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
No Clever Moniker wrote:

Except when he declared message boards dead and took his ball and ran to the comfort of Facebook last year.

Yet he returned like the prodigal son. Hell, Darkside declares this place dead every few months and he's one of the board elders.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:56 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Keeping Score wrote:

You think his producers don't report to him some of the subject matter on here? I doubt it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:00 am 

Mac came back here when he needed something, in this case to promote his return.

He'll run away again when he tires of the criticism.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:01 am 
Site Admin

Keeping Score wrote:
I feel like a nuisance even following him on Twitter. Like I'm clogging up his space, and possibly taking up precious space that he might've otherwise been able to better utilize with yet another insightful insight.

*SIGH* I, I, I uh, hey, man, you don't tweet at danny bernstein, in point of fact, he tweets at you, uh, eh, eh, look, the man's enlarged my mind, uh, eh, he's a poet-warrior in the classic sense, eh, um, I mean, sometimes he'll, uh, well, you'll say "hello" to him, right? And he'll just walk right by you, and he won't even notice you, for the love of God. And suddenly he'll grab you, and he'll throw you in a corner, and he'll say "Do you know that 'if' is the middle word in life? 'If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you, if you can trust yourself when all men doubt you'... DaaaMaaaNaaa" – I mean, I'm no, I can't – I'm a little man, I'm a little man, he's, he's a great man. I should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas – I mean – look again, uh, eh, he's a great, great man.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:23 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Mac came back here when he needed something, in this case to promote his return.

He'll run away again when he tires of the criticism.

I think that is a pretty cogent analysis, but criticism or not, I think I'd just get bored of the chatter around here if I was experiencing it first hand.

I imagine all of the Chicago sports radio personalities don't really give a shit about here, but they still kind of give a shit -- like they don't give enough of a shit about the shit to really give a shit, but shit, they'd rather have the shit in line with their shit instead of some other shit.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:07 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Boers said 'DaMaNe" during transition. Goff said "You cant say that"...& Boers said "I can". :lol:

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:09 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Keeping Score wrote:

I think when people mention message boards, Berns is thinking of the old board on the Score website.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:41 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Beardown has reached the coveted "STU_GOTZ" level of the ALS club. Congrats BD!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:48 am 
Site Admin

Keeping Score wrote:
Incredibly, whether people hated him for missing that day, or hated him for saying that the board was dying, or any of his other 38 miscues over the past 6 years, he still finds a way to work the lemmings eventually.

It's kind of impressive actually. But completely befuddling.

You hit the nail on the head. Inadvertently, of course. He doesn't need to work the "lemmings". That's because he's a real guy who is just himself. I don't always like him. He can be as big a douchebag as anyone. But I never think he's phony. Idiotic occasionally? Yes.

This is in direct opposition to bernstein who is just a complete fucking jerk. When it suits them, his lemmings will say it's all brilliant shtick. At other times he's an actual person. Whatever, I don't really care. Real or contrived, the guy's an asshole. I still enjoy his show though.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:53 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
As always, it sounded to be all in good fun.
The "War" certainly didn't escalate today.

Like when Mac was out for depression and they did it after every drug and booze reference?

Yeah, that was some good clean fun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:55 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The B&b show took shots at Mac and this message board. Oh, yeah, the war escalated. It most definitely escalated.

Whoa. They want to bring US into this one?

Bad Idea Jeans, Team Bernstein

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:56 am 

jimmyk3419 wrote:
How about you never make another post with a stupid youtube video or a fake conversation involving hosts? You're absolutely garbage, get of here.

Your anger consumes you. That is why you fail.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:05 am 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The B&b show took shots at Mac and this message board. Oh, yeah, the war escalated. It most definitely escalated.

Whoa. They want to bring US into this one?

Bad Idea Jeans, Team Bernstein

It seems that Jason is angry that Mac reads the board and in doing so happened to read Beardown's post about his "DaMaNa" after the words "relevant idiot", although it was the absolute truth. If it was really "good clean fun" why wouldn't Jason own the fact that he said it?