It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
at what point in his "career"? He was a very good slowpitch player in his prime.

No. I know many guys who played with him. He was mediocre at best. A beer leagye player who bought his way into the big leagues. Im sure Elmhurst Steve can confirm.

well, you know guys and I know guys. I bow to the knowledge of your guys.

Well, most of my guys are in the Hall of Fame. I can understand why some guys wouldnt say anything bad about Mike. He did a lot to promote the sport. The truth is he was better at hoops. He could shoot the rock. Thats the straight dope.

my Uncle James did not mention that. Was not aware.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:53 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Come on, COF! He didnt even go to high school. He dropped out of Senn real quick.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:56 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Come on, COF! He didnt even go to high school. He dropped out of Senn real quick.

he was with my uncle in H.S. for 3 years. Maybe my uncle's memory is off.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:57 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

That's what I was thinking. I don't think he made it three full years at the school. Those type of guys generally aren't the type who play sports at any point in their careers. Also, North would have let that be known regularly if it were true.

I think he said he played basketball at Truman for a year.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:58 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

That's what I was thinking. I don't think he made it three full years at the school. Those type of guys generally aren't the type who play sports at any point in their careers. Also, North would have let that be known regularly if it were true.

I can ask my uncle tonight. He said three years and that he was a good baseball player. Dunno. Senn is correct though.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:59 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
COF - did you like Mike and B&B simultaneously?

I liked both simultaneously.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
The "sack machine" drop fucking kills me every time.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Didn't North win some celebrity "3"'s contest during Bulls halftime? I think he had a good shot. He was coached by Coach K at Jordans camp.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:00 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
COF - did you like Mike and B&B simultaneously?

yes. I actually began my Score listening career only catching North with Jiggs due to work. Then I fell in love with B&B and North progressively got worse with moving to the morning, bumping people off etc. But Yes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:01 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I can ask my uncle tonight. He said three years and that he was a good baseball player. Dunno. Senn is correct though.

Of course it is correct. Don't you remember the dustup about naming the field after him after he said something derogatory about some Korean Cub prospect?

Didn't the board have something to do with getting the word out on that?

Last edited by good dolphin on Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
uofiguy wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: The latest in a long line of audio drops "Boers & Bernstein" can use whenever there's a press conference.

Uh oh! I'm hearing it! RED ALERT! RED ALERT! about to sound following the John Clayton-sounding Matt Rodewald.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
uofiguy wrote:

Yeah thats really great.

I think the other one is equally awesome too. The one where I think its Larry asking a guy who the '85 Bears beat on their way to the Super Bowl, including regular season wins, and the guy names like two afc teams, and then stops. He sits there stammering and Larry is like "THINK WHOS IN THE DIVISION..." and the guy just keeps stammering. Thats an epic failure of a radio contestant.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:04 pm 

SHARK wrote:
uofiguy wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: The latest in a long line of audio drops "Boers & Bernstein" can use whenever there's a press conference.

Uh oh! I'm hearing it! RED ALERT! RED ALERT! about to sound following the John Clayton-sounding Matt Rodewald.

Matt Rodewald sounds nothing like John Clayton....

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:04 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Of course it is correct. Don't you remember the dustup about naming the field after him after he said something derogatory about some Korean Cub prospect?

well, I do now...

and KS, I fell away from North the more I listed to B&B. As someone who loved North so much, I just assumed you hated B&B.

I'll tell you who hates B&B: Fred. Big Time.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:05 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
uofiguy wrote:

Yeah thats really great.

I think the other one is equally awesome too. The one where I think its Larry asking a guy who the '85 Bears beat on their way to the Super Bowl, including regular season wins, and the guy names like two afc teams, and then stops. He sits there stammering and Larry is like "THINK WHOS IN THE DIVISION..." and the guy just keeps stammering. Thats an epic failure of a radio contestant.

Larry? That's CSNC's Luke Stuckmeyer from "Gas Money" when they taped a segment in Bourbonnais asking that question. No, Wink Martindale wasn't available...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:05 pm 

I wish Fred still posted here...and I hated Murph with a passion. Had nothing to do with B&B, the guy was just useless without Fred to counterbalance him. Now, Murph and Fred in the morning? Loved it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:07 pm 

SHARK wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
uofiguy wrote:

Yeah thats really great.

Larry? That's CSNC's Luke Stuckmeyer from "Gas Money" when they taped a segment in Bourbonnais asking that question. No, Wink Martindale wasn't available...

Oh ok. I didnt know who it was or where it came from. Just heard it yesterday and laughed my ass off.

Informative SHARK to the rescue! 8) Thanks bud.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:08 pm 

They've been playing that "Gas Money" soundbite since Bernsy & Laurence Holmes talked with the Shannon Elizabeth-looking co-host Susannah Collins while Boers was away.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:10 pm 

SHARK wrote:
They've been playing that "Gas Money" soundbite since Bernsy & Laurence Holmes talked with the Shannon Elizabeth-looking co-host Susannah Collins while Boers was away.

So its been going on for awhile? I didnt listen to almost any sports radio last week besides parts of Mac's show. Just been listening daily the last couple days.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:12 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
SHARK wrote:

So its been going on for awhile? I didnt listen to almost any sports radio last week besides parts of Mac's show. Just been listening daily the last couple days.

Boers was away all last week when Bernsy & Holmes not only talked with Collins, but they kept playing that soundbite of "SCTV's HalfWits" with Eugene Levy as Alex Trebek. They were talking about stupid contestants & game shows.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:13 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
uofiguy wrote:

Yeah thats really great.

That was Luke Stuckmeyer, though now that you mention it...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:15 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
uofiguy wrote:

Yeah thats really great.

The same Luke that also hosts "The Batters Box" on Comcast SportsNet Chicago...

...or is it NBC/Comcast SportsNet?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Wink Martindale has been dead for 40 years, SHARK.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
I don't follow PAC-12 football intently, but is this Matt Barkley over Andrew Luck talk just B&B being contrarian for the fucking sake of being contrarian? I don't understand what Barkley has that Luck doesn't at the pro-level. If anything, Luck never had the sick collection of receivers that Barkley has had and currently has.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:25 pm 

ok. All right. Uncle.
Curious Hair wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
uofiguy wrote:

Yeah thats really great.

ok. All right. Uncle.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:35 pm 

This just in...No "Friday Fung" tomorrow when the guys broadcast live from Finnegan's, 5310 N. Milwaukee Ave., for the "Bud Light 'Who Needs Two?' Tavern Tour". This appears to be an even busier show...

*2P: White Sox/CSNC/The SCORE's Steve Stone-Royals/White Sox Preview
*3P: MLB Network's Larry Bowa
*3:30P: "The Second Half"
*4P (New Day & Time): BTN's Gerry DiNardo-College Football Week #2 Preview
*4:40P: Cubs/CSNC's Len Kasper-Cubs/Pirates' Preview: Sponsored by Budweiser
*5P: The SCORE/WBBM/Bears Radio Network's Zach Zaidman-Colts/Bears' Preview

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:41 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Oh fuck don't tell me they're replacing Friday Fung with GERRY DINARRRDOOOO. I have never not PTFB for that segment, with but one exception, that being the time they got into it hard over Penn State stuff. Other than that, like I give a flying fuck about the Golden Gophers, or that whole "oh we love Gerry DiNardo so much, we're going to go out for dinner together and then he'll make sweet love to us against our will COACHES WHO RAPE ARE BAD"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:46 pm 

I hate college football.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
City of Fools wrote:
I hate college football.

I don't hate it, but I have to wager on it to care.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:55 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
I don't follow PAC-12 football intently, but is this Matt Barkley over Andrew Luck talk just B&B being contrarian for the fucking sake of being contrarian? I don't understand what Barkley has that Luck doesn't at the pro-level. If anything, Luck never had the sick collection of receivers that Barkley has had and currently has.

Because Luck had the unmitigated gall to forego entering the draft and stay another year in college, therefore makes him an idiot in the critical eye of noted talent evaluator Dan Bernstein and Terry " grunt some kind of response to agree with Dan" Boers

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next