It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Keeping Score wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
I hate college football.

I hate college football AND Friday Fung.

Friday Fung is dumbo.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
badrogue17 wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
I don't follow PAC-12 football intently, but is this Matt Barkley over Andrew Luck talk just B&B being contrarian for the fucking sake of being contrarian? I don't understand what Barkley has that Luck doesn't at the pro-level. If anything, Luck never had the sick collection of receivers that Barkley has had and currently has.

Because Luck had the unmitigated gall to forego entering the draft and stay another year in college, therefore makes him an idiot in the critical eye of noted talent evaluator Dan Bernstein and Terry " grunt some kind of response to agree with Dan" Boers

Barkley did the same thing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Terry's Peeps wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
I don't follow PAC-12 football intently, but is this Matt Barkley over Andrew Luck talk just B&B being contrarian for the fucking sake of being contrarian? I don't understand what Barkley has that Luck doesn't at the pro-level. If anything, Luck never had the sick collection of receivers that Barkley has had and currently has.

Because Luck had the unmitigated gall to forego entering the draft and stay another year in college, therefore makes him an idiot in the critical eye of noted talent evaluator Dan Bernstein and Terry " grunt some kind of response to agree with Dan" Boers

I thought they were talking about Charles.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:58 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

I thought they were talking about Charles.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
redskingreg wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
I hate college football.

I don't hate it, but I have to wager on it to care.

makes sense.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
badrogue17 wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

I remember those shows and they were brutal b/c of how wrong Dan was. He kept screaming, "He's forgoing an extra 30 million in generational wealth!" Except he wasn't as the new yet to be finalized CBA was going to severely limit his rookie deal . But, Barkley has done the same thing as Peeps has noted, so I don't think that's the reason. Honestly speaking, I'd love to hear their reasoning other than "he's a sonofabitch". Bernsy is definitely capable as he sees himself as a refined intelligent sports spectator. C'mon, enlighten me, this is intelligent sports radio! (I'm not trying to be an ass, I would find the comparison and ensuing debate pretty interesting).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:13 pm 

I think they just think Barkley's better. No idea why, I certainly can't evaluate QB's. They were way over the top on Luck, that was truly stupid but in line with their viewpoints on college sports in general.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:14 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

I remember those shows and they were brutal b/c of how wrong Dan was. He kept screaming, "He's forgoing an extra 30 million in generational wealth!" Except he wasn't as the new yet to be finalized CBA was going to severely limit his rookie deal . But, Barkley has done the same thing as Peeps has noted, so I don't think that's the reason. Honestly speaking, I'd love to hear their reasoning other than "he's a sonofabitch". Bernsy is definitely capable as he sees himself as a refined intelligent sports spectator. C'mon, enlighten me, this is intelligent sports radio! (I'm not trying to be an ass, I would find the comparison and ensuing debate pretty interesting).

Maybe it's because Luck was going viewed as going back to school whereas Barkley was going back to bang chicks in LA.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Today's roar of the day perfectly encapsulated the show. Someone (this case Spiegel) tries to cling to a thought (baseball innocence and a lack of skepticism of Mike Trout juicing), Bernstein professorially lectures him why it's HIS JOB to be skeptical, and Terry fills in the last two words of Dan's sentence, nodding in agreement.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:31 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

Maybe it's because Luck was going viewed as going back to school whereas Barkley was going back to bang chicks in LA.

that's a very credible theory.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:33 pm 

Im sure Luck got very little action at Stanford being QB of the football team and all.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:36 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Im sure Luck got very little action at Stanford being QB of the football team and all.

tongue in cheek I know, but Luck looks downright goofy. I think it's his teeth.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:37 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
City of Fools wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

I hear a lot of Stanford coeds had no problem being down on their luck.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:52 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
I hate college football.

I hate college football AND Friday Fung.

Friday Fung is dumbo.

Fung is beyond bad, and I don't like crappin' either.

+1 Kill them both. I PTFB when both segments come on.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:53 pm 

both segments can be good. They just aren't constistently.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
City of Fools wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

He looks like Haywire from Prison Break, especially when he tries to grow that sorry-ass excuse for a beard.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:09 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

He looks like Haywire from Prison Break, especially when he tries to grow that sorry-ass excuse for a beard.

that is seriously right on.

And I suddenly have feelings for you because you're obviously a Prison Break fan.

At least season 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Kirkwood wrote:
I remember those shows and they were brutal b/c of how wrong Dan was. He kept screaming, "He's forgoing an extra 30 million in generational wealth!" Except he wasn't as the new yet to be finalized CBA was going to severely limit his rookie deal.

2011 #1 overall pick, QB Cam Newton: four years, $22.025m, fully guaranteed
2012 #1 overall pick, QB Andrew Luck: four years, $22.1m, fully guaranteed

Generational wealth!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:48 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
Time value of money. $22.1 million in 2011 is, like, I don't know, $21.8 million in 2010.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:54 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
I think they just think Barkley's better. No idea why, I certainly can't evaluate QB's. They were way over the top on Luck, that was truly stupid but in line with their viewpoints on college sports in general.

That's likely true and such bullshit. If any person calling, tweeting, e-mailing gave that reason they'd be laughed at or cut off. I know this is a minor issue but it's just a growing instance of Dan showing his laziness. It's annoying as hell. Here's a perfect example of Goff or him being able to use their resources (guests, NFL sources, etc.) and/or Dan's intellect to possibly enlighten me on their unique opinion. Obviously a whole show or hour doesn't need to be spent on this but a segment where they debate Luck vs. Barkley with an ounce of substance is infinitely more entertaining than some of the shit spewed now. But doing those fun fan debates has become beneath them somehow.

Irish Boy wrote:
Time value of money. $22.1 million in 2011 is, like, I don't know, $21.8 million in 2010.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:16 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

That's likely true and such bullshit. If any person calling, tweeting, e-mailing gave that reason they'd be laughed at or cut off. I know this is a minor issue but it's just a growing instance of Dan showing his laziness. It's annoying as hell. Here's a perfect example of Goff or him being able to use their resources (guests, NFL sources, etc.) and/or Dan's intellect to possibly enlighten me on their unique opinion. Obviously a whole show or hour doesn't need to be spent on this but a segment where they debate Luck vs. Barkley with an ounce of substance is infinitely more entertaining than some of the shit spewed now. But doing those fun fan debates has become beneath them somehow.

Irish Boy wrote:

people have two reactions to Bernsie being Bernsie. One is to react with anger, out of a inferiority complex, or two, assume he's completely failable and laugh at his outrage.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:44 pm 

yeah, well...no one's on tonight. By tomorrow morning this thread will be forgotten.

But it's true.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I'm more annoyed by him, but I think that is because of my superority complex.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:21 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
I'm more annoyed by him, but I think that is because of my superority complex.

:lol: well, there's that theory too, I suppose.

Most of his truly over the top stuff comes back to bite him in the butt. Of course, some people enjoy being bit in the butt.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:29 pm 

Dave In Champaign wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
I remember those shows and they were brutal b/c of how wrong Dan was. He kept screaming, "He's forgoing an extra 30 million in generational wealth!" Except he wasn't as the new yet to be finalized CBA was going to severely limit his rookie deal.

2011 #1 overall pick, QB Cam Newton: four years, $22.025m, fully guaranteed
2012 #1 overall pick, QB Andrew Luck: four years, $22.1m, fully guaranteed

Generational wealth!
Which camp are you in Dave, angry with Lil Danny because of your inferiority complex or the laugh it off at his outrage?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:34 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Irish Boy wrote:

people have two reactions to Bernsie being Bernsie. One is to react with anger, out of a inferiority complex, or two, assume he's completely failable and laugh at his outrage.

At times, I definitely laugh at his over the top histrionics over dumb callers. But, I think annoyance and disappointment is another reaction. Recently, I've frequently been tuning out more and more muttering "I get it, I get it, not this shit again...."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:35 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Most of his truly over the top stuff comes back to bite him in the butt. Of course, some people enjoy being bit in the butt.

Hello Friend.

don't knock it till you've tried it...

Marv Albert always says...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:01 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Curious Hair wrote:
Oh fuck don't tell me they're replacing Friday Fung with GERRY DINARRRDOOOO. I have never not PTFB for that segment, with but one exception, that being the time they got into it hard over Penn State stuff. Other than that, like I give a flying fuck about the Golden Gophers, or that whole "oh we love Gerry DiNardo so much, we're going to go out for dinner together and then he'll make sweet love to us against our will COACHES WHO RAPE ARE BAD"

Come on, now! DiNardo is great. I have no problem with a college football segment, especially one that focuses on the Big Ten.

But I will say, Curious Hair is one funny motherfucker even when he's dead wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:25 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
At times, I definitely laugh at his over the top histrionics over dumb callers. But, I think annoyance and disappointment is another reaction. Recently, I've frequently been tuning out more and more muttering "I get it, I get it, not this shit again...."

This is where I'm at with the show. I end up tuning out for a few weeks when the shtick gets old. It's still the best show on in this market.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
badrogue17 wrote:
Which camp are you in Dave, angry with Lil Danny because of your inferiority complex or the laugh it off at his outrage?

Depends. On the good days, I get angry at his outrage and laugh at my inferiority complex.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next